• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

putermcgee

Beat the final boss with the Grim's revision. It was a joke but I was at 50/50 already. Basically used the Songstress Lips+ and the evasion offering from elven queen. Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Evade, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Heal and rinse and repeat.
I was just about to ask for tips on the God Dragon, but I'm glad I read a few pages back.

I had no trouble with Magusar and the Dragon since I've beaten the original SS, but the God Dragon just took me out too quickly. I think it was just because of the way I tend to play... I never use armor, shields, or evade magic.

Anyway, in addition to the Songstress's Lips and Cottonmaid's Wings, I equipped the Tyrant Bindings (M) (Dullahan armor), and I couldn't believe how little damage I took most from most hits. The Bremen Flute also came in handy.

Anyway, can anyone explain shields to me? It seems like if you're using one, you can't do anything else.

nynt9

I think I'm stuck. I've completed the Sortiara questline, but I can't continue to the Magusar stuff. It just goes into a black page. I've been doing the sorcerous deeds, did all the first tier Avalon and Sanctuarium quests (can't do the last of the first tier of Grim quests because it's too tough) but I can't progress through the game. Have I hit a bug that blocks my progress or something?

UI4QRzn.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
New save file, right?

I'm not entirely sure, but you might have to finish the third Grim story line (it's easier than the second, which you can skip).

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
what.... its infinite(maybe there is limitation). but someone did 300.

Oh yeah but to get the one costume you gotta go at least 30 floors in one run. But 300? Damn.

It is pretty much survival mode but I wouldn't make 300. Not even close.

putermcgee

Does the Soul Sacrifice demo progress carry over Soul Sacrifice Delta?
If the SS demo progress carries over into the full SS, I'd imagine so. However, it's unlikely you've made enough progress in the demo to make any real difference when starting SS Delta. At that point, you might as well start fresh.

EDIT: So one thing I'd recommend for people transferring their saves from the original SS is to boost your Offerings as much as possible first. You can't level up an (S) sized Offering to (M) or (L) as easily in SS Delta, so you should get a head start in the original.

jengo

The localization done by Sony on this keeps on impressing me. I used the Japanese voice track on SS almost exclusively, but now feel I don't need to feel bad for not having it in SSD. 9 times out of 10 I stick to original Japanese VO when possibl, but this is one of those 1's where it's great on its own (maybe even better). Plus as with Malicious/Malicious Rebirth, the world crafted in the texts (location descriptions, archfiend stories, etc) really fleshes out the world with emotion. Maybe I'm just soppy, but sometimes this stuff really gets me.

I for one am super psyched for Freedom Wars and (10x more) Oreshika.

baekshi

Banned
The localization done by Sony on this keeps on impressing me. I used the Japanese voice track on SS almost exclusively, but now feel I don't need to feel bad for not having it in SSD. 9 times out of 10 I stick to original Japanese VO when possibl, but this is one of those 1's where it's great on its own (maybe even better). Plus as with Malicious/Malicious Rebirth, the world crafted in the texts (location descriptions, archfiend stories, etc) really fleshes out the world with emotion. Maybe I'm just soppy, but sometimes this stuff really gets me.

I for one am super psyched for Freedom Wars and (10x more) Oreshika.

All the localization is actually done by Japan Studio/SCEJA.

White Man

So, I've been at the game for a bit (up to lvl 6 pacts in mp), but In haven't found a speed spell outside of the one you start the game with. Any recs on where to find one?

hmmm I thought the game would be even a small bit different than the first one. The storyline is literally the exact same with the same dialogue and everything. When does this start getting different? Besides aesthetics obviously.

So, I've been at the game for a bit (up to lvl 6 pacts in mp), but In haven't found a speed spell outside of the one you start the game with. Any recs on where to find one?
You mean a different speed spell, not rank right?
The only other one that I know of is Cottonmaid's Wings which drop from Elven Queen.

I could live with more Falcon Feathers.to rank up with, too. Where do they drop?
Gold Rank
-The Memories Remain Ch 2
-Impure Blood Ch 2
-VII. Combing the Wormback

Black Rank
-XI. Martyr's Rewards
-XI. Hard Sweeping in the Valley
-Forgotten Pacts Difficulty 11 Martyr's Rewards
-Additional Pacts Difficulty 11 Martyr's Rewards

White Man

Gold Rank
-The Memories Remain Ch 2
-Impure Blood Ch 2
-VII. Combing the Wormback

Black Rank
-XI. Martyr's Rewards
-XI. Hard Sweeping in the Valley
-Forgotten Pacts Difficulty 11 Martyr's Rewards
-Additional Pacts Difficulty 11 Martyr's Rewards

Goddamn, those are high end quests. You're pretty screwed in the game if you accidentally sell your Falcon sigil early in the game, aren't you?

Goddamn, those are high end quests. You're pretty screwed in the game if you accidentally sell your Falcon sigil early in the game, aren't you?
Not really you can still get the low level ones.
Silver Rank
-Destinies Past Ch 3
-IV. Vindictive Valley Varlets
-IV. Sweet Shades

Don't want to list all the Bronze rank locations because there are so many. @_@
Sorcerer's Ordeal Ch 1+2 have them.
Edit: got them mixed up

demonkaze

So i've hit Lv 100 (50/50) and was wondering when I should do my Rite of Transmutation? i'm currently working through all the pacts with my brother and we're halfway through the 8* pacts at the moment (and not having too much trouble to be fair) and don't want to transmute if it means i'll have to stop doing these for a while. While i'm at it, whats the best way to Lv quickly again?

On another note, whats the best build and Lv split for Spears/Divine build?

ramyeon

If you ever need to check where to farm certain offerings the best place is your Ars Magica, since it lists where to get them from and you can go directly there from that page of the book.
So i've hit Lv 100 (50/50) and was wondering when I should do my Rite of Transmutation? i'm currently working through all the pacts with my brother and we're halfway through the 8* pacts at the moment (and not having too much trouble to be fair) and don't want to transmute if it means i'll have to stop doing these for a while. While i'm at it, whats the best way to Lv quickly again?

On another note, whats the best build and Lv split for Spears/Divine build?
Right away imo.

Best place to level grind is an Age XII pact called An Iron Clad Prayer. It spawns infinite grunts that you can kill so if you equip an XXL rumour (Or two once you do your second Rite) you can get back to level 100 in around 15-20 minutes.

demonkaze

I'm guessing that if I do it right away though i'll struggle with the pacts that i'm doing? Also whats the best way to get XXL Exp rumors?

ramyeon

I'm guessing that if I do it right away though i'll struggle with the pacts that i'm doing? Also whats the best way to get XXL Exp rumors?
Not too much I've found, you can level back up really quick regardless. You get an XXL rumour each time you do the Rite and they last for 5 pacts each.

Jindrael

Banned

The heart sigil really goes a long way in not making you too underpowered when you use the rite...

I could pretty much do what I did before the rite my damage was almost the same only my defence suffered a bit.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
What is the benefit to transmuting? I've read about this XXL pact business with the Chapter XII mission, but I'm curious why it's worth transmuting beyond the trophy.

ramyeon

I meant the rite of transmutation rather than fusing. Seems in addition to the aforementioned rumour, you also get a heart sigil, but aside from that and #swag, I don't see the draw. :)
Heart sigils are a pretty big deal. For example the Spear heart sigil gives +100-150% depending on the level of sigil.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Heart sigils are a pretty big deal. For example the Spear heart sigil gives +100-150% depending on the level of sigil.
Interesting. So there are different types of heart sigils? and they have different levels? Do they get different levels each time you perform the rite?

genbatzu

so I just picked up SS Delta two days ago, imported my 100% SS save file and am a bit... lost ^^

here are some questions I need help with, maybe someone can answer them:

- after (every) fight on the unlock screen it tells me that I have XX (currently 65) unused BP. what are these and how can I use them? ôo

- how can I rank up in a faction? On Avalon there are ranks like "Mage 1st Class", but what do I have to do to reach them?

ramyeon

Interesting. So there are different types of heart sigils? and they have different levels? Do they get different levels each time you perform the rite?
There's a heart sigil for each type of offering, you choose which one you want when you take the rite and if it's one you've got before you get the next level up of that one.

ZeroAKA

hmmm I thought the game would be even a small bit different than the first one. The storyline is literally the exact same with the same dialogue and everything. When does this start getting different? Besides aesthetics obviously.
There are new stories for each faction that you have to complete if you want to see the alternate Magusar story.

so I just picked up SS Delta two days ago, imported my 100% SS save file and am a bit... lost ^^

here are some questions I need help with, maybe someone can answer them:

- after (every) fight on the unlock screen it tells me that I have XX (currently 65) unused BP. what are these and how can I use them? ôo

- how can I rank up in a faction? On Avalon there are ranks like "Mage 1st Class", but what do I have to do to reach them?
You redeem points at the factions place of the bazaar to unlock new ranks.

demonkaze

So i decided to transmute, haven't noticed myself be too much weaker and I am indeed lvling back up quickly.

Back to my other question, whats a good build for Spears/Divine?

Top Bottom