• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

genbatzu

Bazaar Ledger. The faction thing.

There are new stories for each faction that you have to complete if you want to see the alternate Magusar story.

You redeem points at the factions place of the bazaar to unlock new ranks.

hmm.. I've gone through every single button in the bazaar today morning (I saw 4 "NPCs"), might check it again today.

Do I have to unlock something before? right now I've the 4 avalon quests done, because SS 100% save and the needed quests from the other two factions to unlock network

ZeroAKA

So i decided to transmute, haven't noticed myself be too much weaker and I am indeed lvling back up quickly.

Back to my other question, whats a good build for Spears/Divine?
Depends on what you want out of it. If you want to do more damage, even 58/42 will get you Divine Arm IV (not sure what's required for the best Spear sigils).

hmm.. I've gone through every single button in the bazaar today morning (I see 4 "NPCs"), might check it again today.

Do I have to unlock something before? right now I've the 4 avalon quests done, because SS 100% save and the needed quests from the other two factions to unlock network
The option is on the top right corner (above the NPCs).

genbatzu

Depends on what you want out of it. If you want to do more damage, even 58/42 will get you Divine Arm IV (not sure what's required for the best Spear sigils).

The option is on the top right corner (above the NPCs).

ok, will check, thank you :>

demonkaze

So i'm working through the online pacts at the moment, doing all the Save/Sacrifice variants too and now on VIII.Age of Escape, I have the 9th-13th pacts there blacked out with no way to unlock them, any ideas?

Shengar

Stupid me for not considering the fact that non-elemental throwing offering when infused by fusion from terrain spell still receive bonus from force amp sigil while dealing elemental damage at the same time. Now I need to create black terrain offering, but I'm lack of Magus Testament (L). You guys now how to farm Magus Testaments?

Jindrael

Banned
Do you guys prefer to do alice online or with npc?

For me it's definitely easier/more fun online but I only did like 3-4 alice runs online so far all others offline.

Stupid me for not considering the fact that non-elemental throwing offering when infused by fusion from terrain spell still receive bonus from force amp sigil while dealing elemental damage at the same time. Now I need to create black terrain offering, but I'm lack of Magus Testament (L). You guys now how to farm Magus Testaments?

Change faction to avalon and do 11+ difficulty pacts everything from Age of Rebirth on should be good.
I've been progressing through those pacts and am drowning in Testaments :p

cyborg009

Banned

Umm not sure but you can use near to get mediums and build to a large.

Add me on PSN: Jimmy-Debaba for alice tonight.

Shengar

Wait, I think what I meant is Prophet Testament, not Magus Testament .__.
So the black page is the place to farm right? I need to clear up the normal page first then.

ramyeon

Wait, I think what I meant is Prophet Testament, not Magus Testament .__.
So the black page is the place to farm right? I need to clear up the normal page first then.
Forgotten Pacts (flip over a page from the regular pacts) > Hour of Cinder Grey > Combing in the Moonlight. Use a blood art or time offering to kill yourself and let the NPCs do the mission, you can get Testaments with little effort this way. It's a gathering mission so the NPCs will finish it in a minute or two. Reason for killing yourself is the condition is not to be hit by an enemy.
So i'm working through the online pacts at the moment, doing all the Save/Sacrifice variants too and now on VIII.Age of Escape, I have the 9th-13th pacts there blacked out with no way to unlock them, any ideas?
Pact 9 is tied to a story mission in the Grim's The End Begins".

ijed

Forgotten Pacts (flip over a page from the regular pacts) > Hour of Cinder Grey > Combing in the Moonlight. Use a blood art or time offering to kill yourself and let the NPCs do the mission, you can get Testaments with little effort this way. It's a gathering mission so the NPCs will finish it in a minute or two. Reason for killing yourself is the condition is not to be hit by an enemy.

Pact 9 is tied to a story mission in the Grim's The End Begins".
I've never seen NPCs collect soul shards but it's pretty easy to do without getting hit.

ramyeon

I've never seen NPCs collect soul shards but it's pretty easy to do without getting hit.
Not as easy as letting them do it for you, especially since it's a fairly high level mission with loads of grunts surrounding the shards.

As soon as you die they'll make a bee line straight to the shards and do the mission immediately.

ijed

They only collect shards after your character dies.

Not as easy as letting them do it for you, especially since it's a fairly high level mission with loads of grunts surrounding the shards.

As soon as you die they'll make a bee line straight to the shards and do the mission immediately.

Oh cool - First time I tried it I must've been too impatient. Just tried it then and it worked. There's only about 10 grunts though and using ranged attacks it's pretty easy.

The grunt pacts in XI Age of rebirth seem to be pretty good for farming them too without the not get hit requirement.

So do I need to do them as other factions to get testament for other upgrades? What faction do I need for mines and eggs?

ramyeon

Oh cool - First time I tried it I must've been too impatient. Just tried it then and it worked. There's only about 10 grunts though and using ranged attacks it's pretty easy.

The grunt pacts in XI Age of rebirth seem to be pretty good for farming them too.
Much quicker and easier to farm when you don't have to worry about it and can just do something else while NPCs get them for you though :p

Haven't had to do it for awhile though since once you start doing Blank Pages and whatnot you start drowning in them.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If you do the Iron Prayer pact I think in XIII you have infinite spawning fairies. And you can avoid activating the boss monster while killing them so that's an easy one run way to level to 100. Takes about a half hour if you use 2 XXL EXP rumors.

ramyeon

If you do the Iron Prayer pact I think in XIII you have infinite spawning fairies. And you can avoid activating the boss monster while killing them so that's an easy one run way to level to 100. Takes about a half hour if you use 2 XXL EXP rumors.
Yeah I've been saying this for the past few pages :p It's Act XII though. Should only take around 20 minutes with 2 XXL rumours depending on how quick you can take down the Iron Maiden.

ZeroAKA

Good games, cyborg/baekshi/Agent. Not sure what happened with my connection towards the end, but at least we got through floor 6 of the Alice maze.

Edit: Don't remember the last time I got a double post. Oh well.

baekshi

Banned
Good games, cyborg/baekshi/Agent. Not sure what happened with my connection towards the end, but at least we got through floor 6 of the Alice maze.

Edit: Don't remember the last time I got a double post. Oh well.

I had to use up all offerings since I switched fraction, I was in process of making another build. Switching fraction gets too expensive after you rank up your titles.

Ahhhh man, just hit lvl 100 for the 2nd time and while I was mopping up the final grunts a bloody snail spawns. Where were you 3 pacts ago? Could have saved me a bit of time.

EekTheKat

Okay I think my spears Divine build needs some work - it took be 3.5 hours to reach wave 30 on the maze and I barely got by without a lot of help from my AI companions. I was running a 58/42 build so not sure where I messed up on that one.

Based on what I know of how the maze works, it doesn't seem very practical to run it with a PUG group, since conserving/preserving offerings is at a premium later on.

Besides the AI companions are actually quite good at the game from what I can tell - I even learned a couple of spell combinations from watching them work, and as a bonus I never have to compete with them for resources.

I've swapped to a offense heavy blood build and so far I've been killing things in 1/3rd the time, maybe that will work better if I choose to tackle the maze again. My build is basically Blood and a lot of utility + healing and counters to boss abilities.

hiljay

Farming for my Sanct Blood Sigils now - does anyone have a recommendation on how to farm Warlock and Witch LE+++'s? I was going the vanilla SS route but wasn't getting the results i wanted, so now i'm farming the Soul Shard Quest in Pact XII (Labryinthine Treasure Hunt). I've done it probably 20 or so times and i've only received two Warlock LE+++'s - the rest is garbage.

ZeroAKA

I started playing the Pacts in reverse order just to see how difficult the 15-star ones would get. Is it just me or does SSD feel a lot easier than vanilla SS thanks to the new changes (black offerings, heart sigils, improved AI partners)?

cyborg009

Banned
I started playing the Pacts in reverse order just to see how difficult the 15-star ones would get. Is it just me or does SSD feel a lot easier than vanilla SS thanks to the new changes (black offerings, heart sigils, improved AI partners)?

More useful spells +heart sigils are a bit OP.

Edit: whats the opinion box page? And I'll be playing today.

Shengar

Holy shit at some archfiends persistent cursed parts. Their shits are very hard to destroy and it sometimes itch my pride. Bremens, Tortoise and Hare, Phoenix, Pegasus, and Illecibra always get on my nerves. But Tortoise and Hare is the worst, twenty minutes I fought him and I can only break one of his leg.

baekshi

Banned
More useful spells +heart sigils are a bit OP.

Edit: whats the opinion box page? And I'll be playing today.

feedback page

it submits on the sceja site so it will be heard.

Holy shit at some archfiends persistent cursed parts. Their shits are very hard to destroy and it sometimes itch my pride. Bremens, Tortoise and Hare, Phoenix, Pegasus, and Illecibra always get on my nerves. But Tortoise and Hare is the worst, twenty minutes I fought him and I can only break one of his leg.

I only have trouble with Slime. After breaking one leg, the other one is crazy strong. It dies too fast on easy level, on higher level, its just stupid.

Shengar

The difficulty spike from normal page to black page is rather crazy. On normal, I can break any part except those who abnormally tough just fine, but black page forced me to changed my heart sigil into the throwing one. The stupid is that when I went full berserk mode with throwing sigils, the archfiend argo is lock on me and it's annoying. I guess this is the perfect reason to go multiplayer.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Beat Magusar last night for the first time, and I'm 49/12 now. The fight was pretty long but not overly difficult, though I did end up consuming two offerings to get it done. Thank god you get them back afterwards.

Now I've been just chain-running Alice online to level up my INT (~30 now) enough to unlock the Chapter 12 mission. Highest floor I've seen is 6 so far.

Any better strategy to approach the rest of the game with than to just start get enough INT to unlock the aforementioned mission, grind some XXL rumours to transmutate a few times, and then finish up the remaining chapters?

(Trying to go for the Platinum).

ZeroAKA

The difficulty spike from normal page to black page is rather crazy. On normal, I can break any part except those who abnormally tough just fine, but black page forced me to changed my heart sigil into the throwing one. The stupid is that when I went full berserk mode with throwing sigils, the archfiend argo is lock on me and it's annoying. I guess this is the perfect reason to go multiplayer.
Do you really need to break parts for the black quests though? All Archfiends that are 7-star and above drop the same break rewards. Just go down to a lower difficulty if you need them.

Any better strategy to approach the rest of the game with than to just start get enough INT to unlock the aforementioned mission, grind some XXL rumours to transmutate a few times, and then finish up the remaining chapters?

(Trying to go for the Platinum).
You might want to change factions to get some faction-specific offerings.

Shengar

Do you really need to break parts for the black quests though? All Archfiends that are 7-star and above drop the same break rewards. Just go down to a lower difficulty if you need them.

Seeing the reward page being (almost) empty really scrub my prides lol
It's like the game scream to me "YOU SUCKS" despite other techniques I managed to achieve in battle.

ZeroAKA

Seeing the reward page being (almost) empty really scrub my prides lol
It's like the game scream to me "YOU SUCKS" despite other techniques I managed to achieve in battle.
Fair enough.

I've found Virgin Bindings and Grim mine-boosting sigils to work really well. For example, breaking all of the parts of a 15-star Wyvern takes only about 2 minutes with very little effort. I think Sanctarium also has sigils that increases damage done to cursed parts.

Shengar

Fair enough.

I've found Virgin Bindings and Grim mine-boosting sigils to work really well. For example, breaking all of the parts of a 15-star Wyvern takes only about 2 minutes with very little effort. I think Sanctarium also has sigils that increases damage done to cursed parts.

Mine boosting only works for weapon offering yes?
Also, I think the Grim's "Luck" is too rad at most of the time and very unclear on its mechanic. I mean, if my luck could screw me with only giving one offering reward despite clearing a pact in a excellent manner, that also should mean that I could get doubles when the only achievement I got is destroyed cursed part and black rite. That's the only gripe I have on being Grim, where skillful play reward could screwed up due to unclear mechanic.

ZeroAKA

Mine boosting only works for weapon offering yes?
Also, I think the Grim's "Luck" is too rad at most of the time and very unclear on its mechanic. I mean, if my luck could screw me with only giving one offering reward despite clearing a pact in a excellent manner, that also should mean that I could get doubles when the only achievement I got is destroyed cursed part and black rite. That's the only gripe I have on being Grim, where skillful play reward could screwed up due to unclear mechanic.
Nope, the mine sigils boost damage to mines and don't require a weapon + mine combination. In fact, you can't combine Virgin Bindings with weapons at all.

Grim's luck mechanic is definitely annoying. I can't complain too much though because I already have every black offering I need as long as I stay Grim.

Was planning to do that once I hit the 1300 point Sanct title, as there's a trophy for the 1300 title for each faction.
The more you rank up in a faction, the more expensive it is to switch from that faction to another. Might as well do it now while the cost is still low.

There's also a trophy for getting the 11200 point title for each faction, by the way.

Shengar

Nope, the mine sigils boost damage to mines and don't require a weapon + mine combination. In fact, you can't combine Virgin Bindings with weapons at all.

Grim's luck mechanic is definitely annoying. I can't complain too much though because I already have every black offering I need as long as I stay Grim.

lol I thought you talking about weapon+mine combination there.
I never tried mine, but do they automatically target cursed part or just do crapton of damage to them? I swear every missile that miss the mark and hit other body instead makes the archfiend closer to death with their cursed part intact. Incubus, Bremens, and Unicorn's shield is very guilty of this.

ZeroAKA

lol I thought you talking about weapon+mine combination there.
I never tried mine, but do they automatically target cursed part or just do crapton of damage to them? I swear every missile that miss the mark and hit other body instead makes the archfiend closer to death with their cursed part intact. Incubus, Bremens, and Unicorn's shield is very guilty of this.
Mines are effective because they do a ton of damage and are one of the few offerings in the game that can hit higher parts. They don't automatically target cursed parts, but if they can be very effective at breaking cursed parts if you're smart about using them. Virgin Bindings (black) in particular brings out 3 mines per cast, each of which does 340 damage without any boosts.

So zero you do the mine + bomb combo?
Virgin Bindings is the only mine I use, and that can't be combined with anything.

Shengar

Mines are effective because they do a ton of damage and are one of the few offerings in the game that can hit higher parts. They don't automatically target cursed parts, but if they can be very effective at breaking cursed parts if you're smart about using them. Virgin Bindings (black) in particular brings out 3 mines per cast, each of which does 340 damage without any boosts..

Which AI partners that you usually bring on solo mission? I always bring Similia and Kalem, while they pretty great generally, their focus on CQC makes them kil archfiend faster than I could break their higher parts apart. It's almost guaranteed that the such like Wyvern, or Basilisk have all of their cursed parts destroyed, but I never managed to break +10 Gargoyle until just now where I completely focus on one part with extra precision.

ZeroAKA

Which AI partners that you usually bring on solo mission? I always bring Similia and Kalem, while they pretty great generally, their focus on CQC makes them kil archfiend faster than I could break their higher parts apart. It's almost guaranteed that the such like Wyvern, or Basilisk have all of their cursed parts destroyed, but I never managed to break +10 Gargoyle until just now where I completely focus on one part with extra precision.
I use the same two AI partners. Some archfiends such as Ogre are nearly impossible to break without throws though.

My breaking set-up usually looks like this:
Virgin Bindings
Virgin Bindings
Throw
Princess Devotion
Assassin's Wingtip
Heal

I struggle to break parts on the troll.... I haven't even broke a finger.
I haven't been able to break all of a troll's parts either. Probably have to bring throw heart sigils to do it. :(

Top Bottom