• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Sol1dus

I wouldn't be surprised if they're not saying anything in order to get some sales in and then have an upgrade package for those that have the old game.

ZeroAKA

I wouldn't be surprised if they're not saying anything in order to get some sales in and then have an upgrade package for those that have the old game.
Doubt it. If that happens, I'll never buy a first-party Sony game day one ever again.

Well I bought it after hesitating a bit. Hopefully they bring over the sequel if/when it gets released.

If anyone who wants to add me, send me message you're from gaf. PSN ID: NegativeCero.

Anyone know if the DLC stuff from the first game is included in this one?

Type-Zero

Well I bought it after hesitating a bit. Hopefully they bring over the sequel if/when it gets released.

Anyone know if the DLC stuff from the first game is included in this one?

Yeah, I was hesitant. Then, I remembered the good times I had with the vanilla version and now it has more stuff so I pulled the trigger.

Arthos

Wow. Like others, I'm not getting it at that price. Hope those that do get it have fun! Make sure to post impressions, too.

I haven't played the original but would have just gotten Delta if it was cheaper. :/

ZeroAKA

Hopefully the online works for me this time around. Going to give it a try later tonight or tomorrow.

PSN: AbstractChaos

Did my part~ got Delta! Add me: ingueferroque

Can I just delete the old SS whilst Delta downloads? Vita tells me it will delete all saved game as well..

I'm a little confused. The limited edition bundle is $36? What if I don't want all those extras? Why not just release it at $25 - $30 without the bundle?

ZeroAKA

Did my part~ got Delta! Add me: ingueferroque

Can I just delete the old SS whilst Delta downloads? Vita tells me it will delete all saved game as well..
No, you need SS if you want to transfer your old save into SSD.

I'm a little confused. The limited edition bundle is $36? What if I don't want all those extras? Why not just release it at $25 - $30 without the bundle?
It's going to be the same price even after the limited-time bundle is gone in 4 weeks. The additional costumes are basically preorder bonuses.

Highwind

It comes out tomorrow in Europe, most likely for £35.

Is it worth paying that much for it if I didn't play the original (had the vita since march)?

spannicus

Zero, I'm gonna add you. Did they open up voice chat for this"? ^ maybe thats why they made SS vanilla free, so they could charge full price.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
My love of BERSERK like stuff is too strong so I bought it. I just wish they could of told us the price point weeks in advance. It isn't hard.

Can't wait to play though.

nampad

I still have unfinished content in the normal version of Soul Sacrifice. Haven't done the DLC single player sorcerer sidequest line and the DLC archefiends. Is that content in the Delta version so I can finish it there?
Read something about the Avalon quests being different?

sensui-tomo

there is seriously no upgrade option for owners of the original SS? WTF??????

no other game in this genre has ever done this, why would we think SS would? unless capcom did something in the past where i could trade in mon hun for the next one please tell me where this has happened.

d0c_zaius

no other game in this genre has ever done this, why would we think SS would? unless capcom did something in the past where i could trade in mon hun for the next one please tell me where this has happened.

Are you seriously using Capcom as a barometer for proper practices when it comes to expansion content?

I've played every MH (including 3rd HD), and if Delta has the same amount of changes+additions as each PSP MH iteration did, Sony is not doing a good job of explaining it or justifying their price for it.

And to answer your point, Borderlands launched with over 2 gigs of DLC content.

sensui-tomo

Are you seriously using Capcom as a barometer for proper practices when it comes to expansion content?

Can you provide me with any developers that have given a discount on a game in this genre that had an update like this? phantasy star never did it with psu P 2 to nova , look a sega game, Warriors orochi3 to orochi 3 ultimate, a koei game... look 2 other devs. (not trying to be mean but come on ...expecting a cheap game upgrade since i own the original(is dumb or not expected since i've been expected to deal with it in the past)

I'm not saying they are doing it proper, I'm saying its something thats to be expected since its the norm.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Can you provide me with any developers that have given a discount on a game in this genre that had an update like this? phantasy star never did it with psu P 2 to nova , look a sega game, Warriors orochi3 to orochi 3 ultimate, a koei game... look 2 other devs. (not trying to be mean but come on ...expecting a cheap game upgrade since i own the original(is dumb or not expected since i've been expected to deal with it in the past)

The difference with all those games is that the new upgrade entries actually had marketing and price points and an actual release date ahead of time.

d0c_zaius

I'm not saying they are doing it proper, I'm saying its something thats to be expected since its the norm.

right I'm dumb for being upset at "justified exploitation cause others do it", when SS isn't nearly as popular as the other titles you mentioned, and this baffling decision will hurt people wanting to check out the game at all. you are also using PSP games to justify an approach when clearly other vita games (not MH games cause guess what, theres only 2 and one was recently released) have already had expansion DLC content.

ok then. at least the physical vanilla SS is resellable. GG when the next SS full release comes out.

this is without even getting into the amount of content in the games you describe (and their updates), vs what is covered in SS and Delta. But who cares "everyone" does it...smh.

Top Bottom