• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Wow $36...
jesus christ I bought this day one on card and just want an add on or something. Maybe even a discount (doubtful because lol physical) or anything at all.

$36 is too high though.

edit: Top of page.
Buy SS original. Eff you delta :p

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
For new buyers, I think $36 is a great price for the game. There's a shit-ton of content in vanilla, let alone all the new stuff. For fans, I think it's a bit much. Going to hold off until I finish all the DLC from vanilla.
Damn trophy forcing me to go 1/99 instead of just a combined lv100...

culafia

If it pushes your hand a little, the story does continue after
beating Magusar
in the original. It doesn't double or anything, but the game tries to give itself a more conclusive finale.

Sorry guys, I'm a bit confused about the transfer.

Colours and costumes DO carry over, 10 of your offerings DO carry over, 10k Lucrima DO carry over, and Blackrites DO carry over?

However my actual character progress is back at Lv 1 in both categories, correct? And so I effectively will be replaying the story content again to level up, right? (But the story progress is still all unlocked if I beat the game?)

Also, do trophies that you completed in the original unlock when you do the save transfer in Delta?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Totally forgot to re-download the original so I can transfer my save file. Slow-ass downloads, here I come.

Anyone know if there's a way to play the original "A Certain Magician's Life" song in menus? I much prefer it.

Sorry guys, I'm a bit confused about the transfer.

Colours and costumes DO carry over, 10 of your offerings DO carry over, 10k Lucrima DO carry over, and Blackrites DO carry over?

However my actual character progress is back at Lv 1 in both categories, correct? And so I effectively will be replaying the story content again to level up, right? (But the story progress is still all unlocked if I beat the game?)

Also, do trophies that you completed in the original unlock when you do the save transfer in Delta?

Yes to your first question.

Yes to your second question, except only the levels that are the same are "beaten" after the transfer (which is only a fraction of them - mainly Sortiara and Magusar fights and the first four categories of Avalon)

Trophies you've unlocked with progress from the first game pop after your first quest completes. For me, this was only around 4 or 5 trophies (and I platinumed SS).

I forgot to do the Heretic Savior Fellow Sorcerers storyline. Should I complete that in the original game before going to Delta, or can I do it in Delta?

Wow $36...
jesus christ I bought this day one on card and just want an add on or something. Maybe even a discount (doubtful because lol physical) or anything at all.

$36 is too high though.

edit: Top of page.
Buy SS original. Eff you delta :p

It almost feels like Soul Sacrifice 2 to me, I would never recommend someone to get the original over Delta.

I understand that the DLC is still free, but does Delta include the DLC with revamped graphics? I'm assuming not? I'm checking now so I guess I'll be answering my question in 5 minutes.

I think so, in a way. The resolution has increased and the rendering has improved, from what I can tell.

hiljay

It almost feels like Soul Sacrifice 2 to me, I would never recommend someone to get the original over Delta.

I think so, in a way. The resolution has increased and the rendering has improved, from what I can tell.

Yup! Confirmed that the DLC missions are all still there. Awesome. I was concerned that I would have to go back to SS to relive those ones specifically.

My first time playing SS and.....This is everything I want in a game right here! I love MH and this is doing things very different from MH with all of the spells and just atmosphere of everything.

Shit! I'm still playing P4G but damn I might have to take a break from it for this...

cyborg009

Banned
My first time playing SS and.....This is everything I want in a game right here! I love MH and this is doing things very different from MH with all of the spells and just atmosphere of everything.

Shit! I'm still playing P4G but damn I might have to take a break from it for this...
Same they didn't release a demo...(A soul sacrifice Delta demo does exist in Japan)

Shengar

$36? Well it does more than $35, but I can still get it with just $20 PSN voucher. That price really got me to dilema, I might picked up after I'm finished with Demon Gaze.

The price wouldn't be a problem if Sony release retail version and marketed it accordingly. But this, digital only, no marketing even from their own blog, that $36 price tag feels like salt on the wound for veteran player.

For those newcomer, just bought this alread. At $36 its practically a steal for you considering it have all the content from the vanilla version.

Having never touched the first Soul Sacrifice, I am OK with the price. Going to really dig into it later this week. Love these type of hunting games.

hiljay

I can't seem to open up the Magusar quests even though I was more than halfway through them in vanilla SS. I play through the sortiaras soul chapter but then when you get to the pages where Magusar quests start, they won't clear up and move forward. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a questline I have to do that I'm missing?

baekshi

Banned
I can't seem to open up the Magusar quests even though I was more than halfway through them in vanilla SS. I play through the sortiaras soul chapter but then when you get to the pages where Magusar quests start, they won't clear up and move forward. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a questline I have to do that I'm missing?

you have to complete the grim pact from the faction

cyborg009

Banned
Have you made up your mind yet?

I take it you didn't see my last tweet? But I really want it but it just stings soo much at that price point. Japan release had a upgrade program and wasn't costly at all from the start. Also if this is the limited edition bundle will it drop down in price after a month?

So I'm pretty much undecided...

ZeroAKA

I take it you didn't see my last tweet? But I really want it but it just stings soo much at that price point. Japan release had a upgrade program and wasn't costly at all from the start. Also if this is the limited edition bundle will it drop down in price after a month?

I've actually never heard of the Japanese upgrade program, and there most likely won't be a cheaper non-DLC bundle.

baekshi

Banned

Japan never had such upgrade program.

If you're talking that about that $10 picture, it was Soul Sacrifice sale. PS+ user got SS free but any regular user on sale for $10.

Is the wide color setting meant for the Vita 2k?

Maybe, I think it is for Vita TV though. I could be wrong.

$36? Well it does more than $35, but I can still get it with just $20 PSN voucher. That price really got me to dilema, I might picked up after I'm finished with Demon Gaze.

The price wouldn't be a problem if Sony release retail version and marketed it accordingly. But this, digital only, no marketing even from their own blog, that $36 price tag feels like salt on the wound for veteran player.

For those newcomer, just bought this alread. At $36 its practically a steal for you considering it have all the content from the vanilla version.

Yep :(

Definitely gonna hold off on this and thanks for giving this game a chance Sony. Then again, I'm grateful they even brought it over...

Interesting, under the options there is a "color settings" where you can change the color space. Choosing "wide" is tailored to LCD screen. Very handy since the PCH-2000 Vitas are LCDs. SSD looks even better now.

Top Bottom