• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

zeopower6

:( I want to get this but I'd rather get it on a physical cart. I wonder why this game got a digital-only treatment. :/

sensui-tomo

right I'm dumb for being upset at "justified exploitation cause others do it", when SS isn't nearly as popular as the other titles you mentioned, and this baffling decision will hurt people wanting to check out the game at all. you are also using PSP games to justify an approach when clearly other vita games (not MH games cause guess what, theres only 2) have already had expansion DLC content.

ok then. at least the physical vanilla SS is resellable. GG when the next SS full release comes out.

this is without even getting into the amount of content in the games you describe (and their updates), vs what is covered in SS and Delta. But who cares "everyone" does it...smh.

okay i'll play ball here on a vita title.. Ragnarok oddyssy to ACE.. No price reduct and its $5 less than delta(which is what i'd have payed for SSD) and yes it had way more advertisement than SSD did here in the us/eu and i can probably expect the next Toukiden game to follow suit since they are adding new mintamas( iirc) and 2 new weapon types, plus new enemies (but it isnt out yet)
again its a shame they dont do this, but like i said its dumb(not you the idea of expecting a company to make a cheap release for people who bought your previous entry) to expect it when it hasnt happened before
do i wish it was different? Yes else i wouldnt be a cheap bastard if i didnt and why wouldnt someone want a game they've been looking forward to being cheaper . but no i just cant see it happening any time soon, since its a sony game i'll expect it to be free sometime next year if i'm lucky and then i'll download that via PS+ .

d0c_zaius

okay i'll play ball here on a vita title.. Ragnarok oddyssy to ACE.. No price reduct and its $5 less than delta(which is what i'd have payed for SSD) and yes it had way more advertisement than SSD did here in the us/eu and i can probably expect the next Toukiden game to follow suit since they are adding new mintamas( iirc) and 2 new weapon types, plus new enemies (but it isnt out yet)

Ace also has a ton of free DLC (some of it is actually pretty cool) and I believe cross play with ps3, pretty much forcing a new version (I speculate anyway). If it wasn't for the cross play I would also consider that not worth the full price investment.

Also Ace has a physical version (and a 1:1) ps3 version, so there is a larger target audience to take advantage of.

I agree Toukiden will probably do it as well, because fake MH games are taking advantage of a consumer base already used to capcom practices. This impacts people outside of japan much more than everyone else, since we get starved for content and have to wait traditionally through an update (as is the case with MH4).

Does the "expansion" content justify an entirely new game purchase? I don't know I havent played Delta firsthand. I think "little" games like this and Toukiden need to prove themselves and establish a fanbase before jumping straight into MH exploitation levels.

baekshi

Banned
right I'm dumb for being upset at "justified exploitation cause others do it", when SS isn't nearly as popular as the other titles you mentioned, and this baffling decision will hurt people wanting to check out the game at all. you are also using PSP games to justify an approach when clearly other vita games (not MH games cause guess what, theres only 2) have already had expansion DLC content.

ok then. at least the physical vanilla SS is resellable. GG when the next SS full release comes out.

this is without even getting into the amount of content in the games you describe (and their updates), vs what is covered in SS and Delta. But who cares "everyone" does it...smh.
GTFO.

All those Monster Hunter expanded content was shit anyways.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace is also full price.

All those expanded musou games and tecmo koei games on Vita.

Porterlands 2 port full price is justified?

All of those games don't have as much upgrade as Soul Sacrifice Delta.
Please go into describing those as much content since you seem to know a lot.

d0c_zaius

GTFO.

All those Monster Hunter expanded content was shit anyways.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace is also full price.

All those expanded musou games and tecmo koei games on Vita.

Porterlands 2 port full price is justified?

All of those games don't have as much upgrade as Soul Sacrifice Delta.
Please go into describing those as much content since you seem to know a lot.

why are you mad?

All expanded MH content was shit? Seriously ? the first MH on psp had content not seen outside of japan....

Did I say anything about justification? I listed a game that had a substantial amount of DLC content (which was my point). "porterlands" is soo cute btw.

Maybe you should explain the last line instead of coming off like a bitter fanboy.

and wtf at the "seem to know a lot". Yea you really got me listening to your unbiased opinion guy.

ZeroAKA

Does the "expansion" content justify an entirely new game purchase? I don't know I havent played Delta firsthand. I think "little" games like this and Toukiden need to prove themselves and establish a fanbase before jumping straight into MH exploitation levels.
There is no way for improved graphics to be magically added into the vanilla game through DLC. Your examples are actually making your argument weaker.

d0c_zaius

There is no way for improved graphics to be magically added into the vanilla game through DLC. Your examples are actually making your argument weaker.

sure, this I can understand. and while "improved graphics" is rather unclear I do agree engine improvements are not usually DLC updates.

so then the update is more than content (much like adding cross play to Rag Ace). then I can see an entirely new release being justified.

The PSN description describes it as the same game as the first (the ultimate version of that game), so it's easy to see why people like myself are confused at the price and available content:

baekshi

Banned
why are you mad?

All expanded MH content was shit? Seriously ? the first MH on psp had content not seen outside of japan....

Did I say anything about justification? I listed a game that had a substantial amount of DLC content (which was my point). "porterlands" is soo cute btw.

Maybe you should explain the last line instead of coming off like a bitter fanboy.

and wtf at the "seem to know a lot". Yea you really got me listening to your unbiased opinion guy.

By that, in comparison to upgrade of SS to SSD much bigger than your typical MH upgrades.

You said this about the justification " justifying their price for it. ". You wanted games in comparison that is on Vita because PSP games aren't good enough.

You can look at the price from two angles, those who've played it and those who haven't. For those who haven't, a digital only price of 36 is a bit steep as there is no possible resell value, and that definitely is cause for consideration. Content wise, I've heard there is a ton of it here, far beyond the vanilla. MH3U levels? That I can't say, but I paid full price for that "expansion" as I hadn't played it before. Got something like 85 hours out of it, and it didn't even have online capabilities. I suppose I'll get at least that plus more from this game...

ZeroAKA

I'm going to add a PSN ID list in the OP like I did for the original OT. I'm playing the game right now, but I'll update the list later.

Edit: I think I've added everyone up to here. If not, post again.

d0c_zaius

By that, in comparison to upgrade of SS to SSD much bigger than your typical MH upgrades.

You said this about the justification " justifying their price for it. ". You wanted games in comparison that is on Vita because PSP games aren't good enough.

"much bigger" seems quite subjective especially with your bias towards MH games.

I was talking about justifying the reason for not having the content be delivered separately (which is why I was citing porterlands). I didn't give the graphics optimization much thought as it wasn't really covered in the PSN store description other than two words "improved graphics", but whether that justifies the prices comes down to individual preference. As I said in a previous post, I can see the engine improvements justifying a new release, but not a lack of physical release given the first SS vanilla had one (and it's a first party game).

the improved graphics have me curious enough to eat the cost and trade in SS for pennies. a physical version would make the risk much easier to deal with though.

Scher

Going to go ahead and pick up the game, myself. Feel free to add me on PSN. Only ever played the demo of the original, so this should be interesting.

PSN ID: Scherii

Damn it, it looks $36 is the price for the foreseeable future. Oh well, guess I'm in.

Feel free to add me on PSN, ID is the same as my GAF handle.

Baust

Lol so after spending five minutes in MS Paint, I've got my solution to a digital only release:

TrOnMl8.jpg

Inside that case is a 4GB Vita memory card.

Too bad I'm out of colored ink...

Here's my PSN ID if you want to add me: Baust528

hiljay

in for this - does anyone know if this delta includes all of the originals DLC?

feel free to add me! PSN ID: neiljoy

baekshi

Banned
"much bigger" seems quite subjective especially with your bias towards MH games.

I was talking about justifying the reason for not having the content be delivered separately (which is why I was citing porterlands). I didn't give the graphics optimization much thought as it wasn't really covered in the PSN store description other than two words "improved graphics", but whether that justifies the prices comes down to individual preference. As I said in a previous post, I can see the engine improvements justifying a new release, but not a lack of physical release given the first SS vanilla had one (and it's a first party game).

the improved graphics have me curious enough to eat the cost and trade in SS for pennies. a physical version would make the risk much easier to deal with though.

Because I'm bias, I'll let people here who bought themselves speak for it.

Vamphuntr

Rebirth Rumor
Rebirth Rumor
Rebirth Rumor
Rebirth Rumor
Rebirth Rumor
Rebirth Rumor
Rebirth Rumor
Rebirth Rumor
Rebirth Rumor
Rebirth Rumor

That import screen.

MrBS

I purchased SS day one no regrets. It ended up as my favourite game of 2013. That price... nope.

I'm not going to pay full price for an upgrade of an existing title a year later.... with the exception of the entire product line of Arc System Works :p

Wow, I thought at most it might be $30. Was really hoping for a pleasant surprise in regards to pricing. $36? Get the hell out of here.

Vamphuntr

It throws a lot of new stuff at you right after you import. It's a bit overwhelming. I'm playing the Grim faction story now and I'm not sure what I'm doing and I had platinumed the original.

Combo magic might be a way to make the melee offerings suck less.

Top Bottom