• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

New Spell
13997352339_0373a1f04b_o.jpg

New Spell
13997352759_5e79a45e91_o.jpg

New Spell
13997497488_70e523b8c8_o.jpg

When you collect the pieces in a "Forgotten Pact" the area clears up.
14184023955_66ed3ed4ee_o.jpg

Tsunamo

It's up via search on the PAL stores now.

I'm really not happy with how SCEE/SCEA have handled Soul Sacrifice Delta, digital-only, no upgrade plan for original owners (who are probably the people most likely to buy Delta), lack of information prior to release, lack of Japanese audio as a option (this wouldn't have bothered me but it was a option for those who pre-ordered the original release), and the high pricepoint.

If not for me loving the vanilla game so much and wanting more I probably wouldn't have purchased Delta. Putting that aside though I look forward to giving it a try after I platinum vanilla Soul Sacrifice.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Speaking as someone who never played the original, I've gotta say I was missing out. The combat is excellent and it looks like the character customization, in terms of runes and marks, is leagues more interesting / varied than MH's simplistic weapon and gear approach. I love the fact that farming offerings can help make missions easier by giving you a way to become more powerful through repetition (which is something the JRPG fan in me craves).

Just finished up the "prologue" chapters and am now heading down the Sancitrium path. When does the multiplayer open up?

Speaking as someone who never played the original, I've gotta say I was missing out. The combat is excellent and it looks like the character customization, in terms of runes and marks, is leagues more interesting / varied than MH's simplistic weapon and gear approach. I love the fact that farming offerings can help make missions easier by giving you a way to become more powerful through repetition (which is something the JRPG fan in me craves).

Just finished up the "prologue" chapters and am now heading down the Sancitrium path. When does the multiplayer open up?

IIRC after you finish the Seeing Red chapters in Grim.

Oh and just a reminder you deposit your Slayer Points in the Bazaar Ledger.

Gattsu25

Banned
I started downloading this last night.

My Vita, knowing what I wanted, paused the download and now I have to resume. It's downloading sooo slllooooooowwwwwllllyyyy :(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So I made use of that suggestion box thing they have on the Live Area and requested that they let us choose between the new and original menu music.

Also asked that they patch out the online pass check for NA/EU copies, since it's digital only.

So I made use of that suggestion box thing they have on the Live Area and requested that they let us choose between the new and original menu music.

Also asked that they patch out the online pass check for NA/EU copies, since it's digital only.
Please Wait
Checking Online Pass
Please Wait
Checking Online Pass
Just to check how my faction is doing...

ZeroAKA

How are you guys building your characters? I was thinking about going 90/10 like I did in SS, but 50/50 looks interesting too.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
How are you guys building your characters? I was thinking about going 90/10 like I did in SS, but 50/50 looks interesting too.
I'd love to hear more about this. What's the ultimate difference? I heard something about a trophy for 99/1 in Vanilla.

So far, I've predominantly gone save (I think I'm like 8 save, 4 sacrifice atm).

ZeroAKA

I'd love to hear more about this. What's the ultimate difference? I heard something about a trophy for 99/1 in Vanilla.

So far, I've predominantly gone save (I think I'm like 8 save, 4 sacrifice atm).
Leveling up sacrifice boosts attack, leveling up save boosts defense/healing. Your levels determine the type of arm you have (divine/dark/neutral) and the bonuses you get from specific sigils. I really liked using blood offerings/sigils as a divine player in the original.

There was a trophy only for reaching cumulative level 100 in vanilla iirc. It can be any combination.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Leveling up sacrifice boosts attack, leveling up save boosts defense/healing. Your levels determine the type of arm you have (divine/dark/neutral) and the bonuses you get from specific sigils. I really liked using blood offerings/sigils as a divine player in the original.

There was a trophy only for reaching cumulative level 100 in vanilla iirc. It can be any combination.
Ah, okay. Thanks! How does that affect multiplayer? Do high save players do better when saving allies?

ZeroAKA

Ah, okay. Thanks! How does that affect multiplayer? Do high save players do better when saving allies?
Divine players are pretty much only good for support in multiplayer. I mostly used stat-boosting fruits, AoE heals, golem, and blood offerings online. If you're doing single-player offline, 90+ in life will make you almost immortal. You will never lose as long as you have the patience.

I had a 50/50 build at first but only remember getting that trophy after re levelling and getting 1/99.
That's right, you needed to get 99 in either life or sacrifice. My bad.

hurzelein

Mostly it comes down to 1/99 = more dmg, 99/1 better survival but low dmg. It' not like an MMO where there are tanks, healers and damage dealers. Everyone has acces to the same spells, so often everyone heals themselves.

There a few techniques how to exploit a lot of health for a lot of dmg, but I think few players use it.

There is also a trophy for reaching 99/1 or 1/99 on vanilla I think.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
There a few techniques how to exploit a lot of health for a lot of dmg, but I think few players use it.
I can't remember the name of the offering, but I have two related ones now which effectively drain health to do low / medium damage. It seems to be high life + high versions of those spells + a heal would be pretty damn potent a combo; kind of like a blood mage of sorts, which I find really cool and was planning to build towards.

Would that be viable?

ZeroAKA

I can't remember the name of the offering, but I have two related ones now which effectively drain health to do low / medium damage. It seems to be high life + high versions of those spells + a heal would be pretty damn potent a combo; kind of like a blood mage of sorts, which I find really cool and was planning to build towards.

Would that be viable?
Those are the blood offerings I mentioned before. They're definitely viable, especially if you want to do some decent damage as a divine player. :p

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Those are the blood offerings I mentioned before. They're definitely viable, especially if you want to do some decent damage as a divine player. :p
Haha, you say that with a tinge of condescension. Are divine players junk online? I like healing. :(

ZeroAKA

Haha, you say that with a tinge of condescension. Are divine players junk online? I like healing. :(
No condensation intended, I was a divine player. It's not that divine builds are junk online, they're just don't do much damage. Having one divine player in a party is ideal, but if the ratio of divine to chaos is more than 1:1, you might as well play offline.

If anything, it's the chaos players online who are usually junk. That's why you have GAF.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
No condensation intended, I was a divine player. It's not that divine builds are junk online, they're just don't do much damage. Having one divine player in a party is ideal, but if the ratio of divine to chaos is more than 1:1, you might as well play offline.

If anything, it's the chaos players online who are usually junk. That's why you have GAF.
Got it. I presume there's no respec option for save/sacrifice levels?

FrankCaron

Gold Member
You can respec at any time by using lacrima. In fact, SSD has a sort of "prestige" system that lets you reset your level from max back to 1/1 in exchange for a heart sigil.
Oh nice! Wellsir, I shall forge ahead then in order to serve the GAF community with my stunning SS mediocrity. :) Thanks for the pro-tips.

nampad

You can respec at any time by using lacrima. In fact, SSD has a sort of "prestige" system that lets you reset your level from max back to 1/1 in exchange for a heart sigil.

Can I prestige right away after loading my save from Soul Sacrifice or is my character back to level 1 anyway?

LTWheels

So when you select grim instead of saving or sacrifice does it split the exp evenly between defence and attack levels?

Also what bonus do you get (like how sacrifice restores uses, save restores health)?

baekshi

Banned

divine are very useful this time around because of the spears

FrankCaron

Gold Member
divine are very useful this time around because of the spears
I actually just got a spear from the third mission of the Sanctorium missions; are they divine arm only or something? I didn't see any such restriction, and I'm happily using it now ironically (mind, I'm 9/4) rocking a divine arm.

baekshi

Banned
I actually just got a spear from the third mission of the Sanctorium missions; are they divine arm only or something? I didn't see any such restriction, and I'm happily using it now ironically (mind, I'm 9/4) rocking a divine arm.

There are no restriction to use any weapon. If you look into the Carve Sigil in right arm, divine get boosts for having higher level divine arm if you pick the sigil.

If you under the Sanctuarium fraction, more offerings of your fraction will drop. Same with Avalon.

What is the significance of fate or neutral? What type of boost do you get for having a neutral arm? I'm new and getting hit in the head with all of this info at once is crazy. I see sigil's I see black rites, all the offerings.. Also how do you know if you are neutral, divine, or chaos?

What is the significance of fate or neutral? What type of boost do you get for having a neutral arm? I'm new and getting hit in the head with all of this info at once is crazy. I see sigil's I see black rites, all the offerings.. Also how do you know if you are neutral, divine, or chaos?

I second this.

Help us SS n00bs come into our own, unshackle our chains of binding mediocrity :(

I'm great at MH and love SSD - so far, but I understand nothing, other than saving and sacrificing o_o

baekshi

Banned

You divine if you more experience point on your left arm. (blue)

Chaos if more in right arm (red)

neutral if both level are same (green)

You divine if you more experience point on your left arm. (blue)

Chaos if more in right arm (red)

neutral if both level are same (green)

Thanks! I guess I'm divine then. Also when you do fate what does energizing your body mean? I know sacrificing replenishes offerings and saving gets some health back.

ZeroAKA

Can I prestige right away after loading my save from Soul Sacrifice or is my character back to level 1 anyway?
You get reset back to level 1, but you receive a few rumors to help you level up faster.

So when you select grim instead of saving or sacrifice does it split the exp evenly between defence and attack levels?

Also what bonus do you get (like how sacrifice restores uses, save restores health)?
They're split evenly. Sacrifice, save, and fate does a different thing for each faction this time around. For example, you can restore your offerings by sacrificing for Avalon, saving for Sanctuary, and leave to fate for Grim.

I second this.

Help us SS n00bs come into our own, unshackle our chains of binding mediocrity :(

I'm great at MH and love SSD - so far, but I understand nothing, other than saving and sacrificing o_o
Divine is when your life level exceeds sacrifice level, chaos/dark is when sacrifice exceeds life, neutral is when life equals sacrifice. You can see for yourself by going into your arm from Portraiture. In general, you should aim for sacrificing/chaos when you're in Avalon, saving/divine when you're Sanctuary, and fate/neutral when you're in Grim.

Most sigils have two effects. The first effect applies to everyone, while the second effect only applies to players who has that arm ("activate using X"). There are no major disadvantages to using a sigil that is meant for a different build. Just pick whichever ones fit your playstyle.

I remember when MH fans used to look down on SS for being too simple...

Twinduct

Ugh local pricing seems a tad lower than international pricing. Still not low enough for me right now. Think I'll just finish what I have in SS and get SSD during one of the sales.

Honest question, is there any reason to keep playing SS now or should I just put the whole thing on hiatus and pick up the SS story line once I get SSD?

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Honest question, is there any reason to keep playing SS now or should I just put the whole thing on hiatus and pick up the SS story line once I get SSD?
Save file does carry over and you get a bunch of stuff; plus, the trophies are separate, if that matters at all.

Top Bottom