• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Scher

I really like the spear.

So what exactly is SP used for? The game says I have 30 unregistered SP, but I have absolutely no clue what SP is or what it is used for.

I really like the spear.

So what exactly is SP used for? The game says I have 30 unregistered SP, but I have absolutely no clue what SP is or what it is used for.
Go to Bazaar Ledger and deposit them. It helps decide which faction is on top.
There are also trophies for it.

baekshi

Banned
I really like the spear.

they are slayer points, you log them in each week online and by the end of week - you'll get reward.

Did they always used to deflect?
14184275462_864019612e_o.jpg

I guess these are supposed to be rare.
14207004003_d88447b09c_o.jpg

hiljay

Is melee a lot better this time around?

definitely. they've gimped throws a little bit by making them harder to get (i haven't been able to find the recipe to fuse M arrows) and they've slowed down the cast time/character throw animation, but they boosted the damage up by 5. Was working towards a chaos character in vanilla but now neutral seems to be the one to be.

So I'm confused about the story progression. I guess after the Sortiara chapter it just goes into chapters for the factions. So is the old story progression in there (just did unlocked the bazaar)?

Also what is INT and how is it calculated?

So I'm confused about the story progression. I guess after the Sortiara chapter it just goes into chapters for the factions. So is the old story progression in there (just did unlocked the bazaar)?

Also what is INT and how is it calculated?
The old story is there on the right.

INT don't know what it means, but it tracks how many offerings you have and increases as you collect more. It rewards you as well.

The old story is there on the right.

INT don't know what it means, but it tracks how many offerings you have and increases as you collect more. It rewards you as well.
Guess I haven't unlocked it. They're still black after finishing the first chapter, which is why I assume I have to do faction quests for now.

Novocaine

Please don't tell me I will need to buy these memory clods to enjoy the game to it's fullest.

Also no Japanese audio sucks, I hope they patch it in.

Nether the less, downloading now!

mothball

The price isn't too bad for me (and I bought the first game day one), and the added content looks great, but the lack of a Japanese dub and it being 3GB are kind of iffy.

putermcgee

I checked the Import thread and several pages back here, and I didn't see an answer to this question...

Does multiplayer work between JP and US versions of SS Delta?

I wasn't able to do it in SS vanilla. Being able to do so is the only way I'll probably get SS Delta, and the only way I'll be able to get my wife into the series.

I checked the Import thread and several pages back here, and I didn't see an answer to this question...

I wasn't able to do it in SS vanilla. Being able to do so is the only way I'll probably get SS Delta, and the only way I'll be able to get my wife into the series.
I think so. The servers are worldwide now.
From Playstation Blog.
In Soul Sacrifice Delta, no matter what time of the day or night you may want to play, chances are that you will always find someone to play with online, as the multiplayer server is now global, so you can team up with players from all over the world!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/13/soul-sacrifice-delta-out-today-on-ps-vita/

Yes. I played with Japanese players during the review period, and there's a setting for it in the room creation menu (either your region only, or worldwide).

putermcgee

I think so. The servers are worldwide now.
From Playstation Blog.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/13/soul-sacrifice-delta-out-today-on-ps-vita/

Yes. I played with Japanese players during the review period, and there's a setting for it in the room creation menu (either your region only, or worldwide).
Thanks a lot. I would have just bought two copies of the JP version, but I have a US save from the original SS that I want to transfer over.

Now I wish I would have bought one JP copy when you could get the art book!

I can't figure out why I'm stuck in Sortiara's story progression.
Did all the quests, now I'm in the "Soul" portion full of narration and it suddenly goes to pages with stuff about memory loss.
I backed out and can't find anymore single player quests.

What gives, SSD GAF?

Edit: Ah, Nevermind. It looks like it's Faction quests time.

I can't figure out why I'm stuck in Sortiara's story progression.
Did all the quests, now I'm in the "Soul" portion full of narration and it suddenly goes to pages with stuff about memory loss.
I backed out and can't find anymore single player quests.

What gives, SSD GAF?
Sortiara's Soul
isn't filled out for me either.
Quests are in Sorcerer's Deeds.
Go to Pacts

Novocaine

Oh god, I just fucked myself over....

So I got SS:D installed, and pressed the controller icon on the splash screen, thinking it would import my original SS save, but it wasn't. So I decided to go to SS and re-download my save file from the PS+ thing, but as soon as I pressed download I realized I didn't have auto save upload on, and just overwrote my save with and old one from September last year :(

Ah fuck man.

edit: Well it it's not as bad as I thought initially, I had a more recent save on my PC from when I was upgrading to a 64GB card. It's still missing a few things but not as much, only a couple of chapters. Still sucks but oh well, serves me right for not paying attention I suppose.

Man, this game is amazing. Most visually impressive Vita game if you ask me. Sony should have been smart and tried to reach out to the big Dark Souls 2 audience with this release.

Oh god, I just fucked myself over....

So I got SS:D installed, and pressed the controller icon on the splash screen, thinking it would import my original SS save, but it wasn't. So I decided to go to SS and re-download my save file from the PS+ thing, but as soon as I pressed download I realized I didn't have auto save upload on, and just overwrote my save with and old one from September last year :(

Ah fuck man.

Ouch, that sucks my friend.

For future note, that controller icon (save transfer) only works with games where the save is on the game card (and not on the memory card). Otherwise they'll always have the option in-game for memory card saves.

ZeroAKA

In the ~10 online games I've played today, only 1 player seemed to be completely new to the series. Everyone else had insanely overpowered offerings like I did, making 2-star pacts a complete joke. @_@

Also, online has gotten a lot better for me this time around. I got fairly frequent disconnects in vanilla, but I haven't encountered any problems in SSD yet. If anyone is up for a game later tonight and sees me on SSD, shoot me an invite.

I am loving this game. So much better than vanilla.

I found one in a pact to kill a Gargoyle. Killing it got me a trophy and +360 to my xp.
I got a trophy as well.
Wow, your pact must have been higher level.
Found mine in
III. Age of Thirst
Screaming City Cats and Bees

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Did I ever miss the combat in the game. I'm done trying out other hunting games - Soul Sacrifice is the only one for me.

baekshi

Banned
Thanks a lot. I would have just bought two copies of the JP version, but I have a US save from the original SS that I want to transfer over.

Now I wish I would have bought one JP copy when you could get the art book!

You can actually import your US save file to Japanese copy but you won't be able to play it online since you can't download online pass.

putermcgee

You can actually import your US save file to Japanese copy but you won't be able to play it online since you can't download online pass.
Whoa, I thought importing a US save into a JP SS Delta would be out of the question, but I didn't even consider the online pass. I wish they would change the way the Vita handles multiple accounts... At least comparable to the PS3.

Either way, as long as they can play together, I can get my US version, and the JP version for my wife. This is great news.

baekshi

Banned
I wish they would change the way the Vita handles multiple accounts... At least comparable to the PS3.

Either way, as long as they can play together, I can get my US version, and the JP version for my wife. This is great news.

I think every would like this ;p I have 2 Vita's so I don't have this problem.
Maybe 3 soon

Getting this game tomorrow. Looking forward to playing SS for the first time. My id: themadafrican

Please add me

SS or SSD ;p

ZeroAKA

I went to the "Download" page from the main menu and found something about an Additional Pacts V DLC added to my game. Not really sure what that's all about.

There's also a limited time Drake Helm event going on if you go to Blank Page -> Psychic Link. Word on the street is that it's very difficult, but you have until May 21 to complete it.

Edit: A 4-star, 6-star, 9-star, and one more hidden quest. Don't think I'm going to make the deadline at my pace right now. :(

baekshi

Banned
I went to the "Download" page from the main menu and found something about an Additional Pacts V DLC added to my game. Not really sure what that's all about.

There's also a limited time Drake Helm event going on if you go to Blank Page -> Psychic Link. Word on the street is that it's very difficult, but you have until May 21 to complete it.

Edit: A 4-star, 6-star, 9-star, and one more hidden quest. Don't think I'm going to make the deadline at my pace right now. :(

last is 10-star and is (spoiler warning)
dragon

shouldn't have any problem, pretty easy tbh. I mean, they're harder pacts above this level you know :p

Shengar

So SSD allows cross region save importing? Good news for those who'll imported the physical Asia version, but that mean there will be no online mode.

nampad

The book is quite overwhelming even coming from a Soul Sacrifice Platinum, I don't really know where to begin. So many locked things, I don't need to replay stuff to unlock stuff, do I?

The locked Magusar stuff is only old content?

Game looks better and the spell combos could be interesting. Only replayed the first Carnatux mission so far, can't wait to sink my teeth in it.

My ID is nampad if anyone wants to play.

baekshi

Banned
I'm at 15/15. >.<
you'll be fine, you can do it online also

So SSD allows cross region save importing? Good news for those who'll imported the physical Asia version, but that mean there will be no online mode.
physical asian version is already out ;p

The book is quite overwhelming even coming from a Soul Sacrifice Platinum, I don't really know where to begin. So many locked things, I don't need to replay stuff to unlock stuff, do I?

My ID is nampad if anyone wants to play.

you don't have to replay anything, start with the grim fraction chapter 1. you can do these fraction stories in any order.

Well SSD in this particular case, but this will be my first SS experience in general.

Any tips for a newbie?
you should go for the grim fraction since that'll be the easiest to start off from.

you can press d-pad down to see the weakness of enemy and aim there to destroy parts. each archfiend has element weakness so if you're having hard time.. change your offerings and sigil accordingly.
made this a while back so some are japanese name
Code:
Monster Weakness	Monsters	Part Weakness	
None	Iron Maiden	Heat (Head)	
	Incubus	-	
	Griffin		
	Cyclops		
	Hansel and Gretel		
	Leprechaun		
	Minotaur	Volt (Axe)	
	Slime (Carnivorous)		
	Slime (Avaricious)		
	Bremen		
	Lizardman		
	Cat Sith		
	Wyvern		
	Illecebra *	Volt, Stone, Frost (varies)	
	Ghost/ Wraith		
[spoiler]	Dragon		Highlight to view
	God Dragon		
	Romulus (God of Order)		
	Cert (God of Chaos)	[/spoiler]	
Heat	Troll		
	Three-Little Pigs	Venom 	
	Snow White		
	Dwarf		
	Hydra		
	Basilisk		
	Beelzebub		
	Behemoth		
	Harpy		
	Elven Queen		
Venom	Gargoyle		
	Dullahan		
	Cinderella		
	Tortoise and the Hare		
Stone	Ouroboros		
	Cerberus		
	The Emperor's New Clothes		
	Valkyrie		
Volt	Frog King		
	Kraken		
	Jack Frost		
	Siren		
	Taria		
	Pegasus		
	Unicorn		
	Levitahan		
Frost	Ogre	Volt (Sickle)	
	Werewolf		
	Phoenix		
	Succubus		
	Jack-o-lantern		
	Centaur		
	Chimera	Stone (Spear), Heat (Shield)	
	Pied Piper

nampad

you'll be fine, you can do it online also

physical asian version is already out ;p

you don't have to replay anything, start with the grim fraction chapter 1. you can do these fraction stories in any order.

you should go for the grim fraction since that'll be the easiest to start off from.

you can press d-pad down to see the weakness of enemy and aim there to destroy parts. each archfiend has element weakness so if you're having hard time.. change your offerings and sigil accordingly.
made this a while back so some are japanese name
Code:
Monster Weakness	Monsters	Part Weakness	
None	Iron Maiden	Heat (Head)	
	Incubus	-	
	Griffin		
	Cyclops		
	Hansel and Gretel		
	Leprechaun		
	Minotaur	Volt (Axe)	
	Slime (Carnivorous)		
	Slime (Avaricious)		
	Bremen		
	Lizardman		
	Cat Sith		
	Wyvern		
	Illecebra *	Volt, Stone, Frost (varies)	
	Ghost/ Wraith		
[spoiler]	Dragon		Highlight to view
	God Dragon		
	Romulus (God of Order)		
	Cert (God of Chaos)	[/spoiler]	
Heat	Troll		
	Three-Little Pigs	Venom 	
	Snow White		
	Dwarf		
	Hydra		
	Basilisk		
	Beelzebub		
	Behemoth		
	Harpy		
	Elven Queen		
Venom	Gargoyle		
	Dullahan		
	Cinderella		
	Tortoise and the Hare		
Stone	Ouroboros		
	Cerberus		
	The Emperor's New Clothes		
	Valkyrie		
Volt	Frog King		
	Kraken		
	Jack Frost		
	Siren		
	Taria		
	Pegasus		
	Unicorn		
	Levitahan		
Frost	Ogre	Volt (Sickle)	
	Werewolf		
	Phoenix		
	Succubus		
	Jack-o-lantern		
	Centaur		
	Chimera	Stone (Spear), Heat (Shield)	
	Pied Piper

Ok thanks. Was just perplexed that the Avalon quests were still locked even though I already did all the Carnatux stuff.

Getting back into the series makes me remember how great the story and lore was. Excited to see the new stories.

baekshi

Banned
That's good to know, I didn't think you'd be able to do those online. I finished the first 2 with 2 AI partners already.

you have to create a special room for it though, by picking "Ordeal Pacts" under the difficulty

Just in case before someone says they aren't appearing ;p

Top Bottom