• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Shengar

Damn, all of these new options makes me feel.....overwhelmed O__O
Yeah they really nerfed the shit out of throw spells. I guess they were pretty strong in the first game.
That slow-ass throw animation spell.
Well not only that, they've also give limitation on the same type of offering, another factor which makes throw spells so broken in the vanilla version. You could brought all of the element and decimate everything in process. As a throw spell user this is quite a bummer, but I guess that mean I've just to adjust my overall offering combination.

Shengar

So no point in bringing throw offerings over from vanilla to delta? Haven't switched yet.

What would you suggest?

No, they still powerful and useful, especially for breaking high parts. They're just now seems incapable of inflicting element ailment and thrown at slower rate, unlike in the vanilla where you can almost ailment-lock an archfiend by throwing its elemental weakness with throws spells. If you are a throw spell user, you'll get to it, and it is best for you to join Grim faction since the sigil that enhance throw spells now fall under neutral category (I like it since I don't have to worry about the goddamn score).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The slower animations on throw spells have completely thrown off my counters. I've been getting hit a lot more often.

Shengar

I think score still matters for Grim despite what the game tells you. I'm getting more awards if I fulfill more objectives in a quest.

Blankets have been nerfed too. :(

Yeah, I guess it's still affect what Im getting afterall.....
Fuck, that unscathed score will haunt me until I'm done with this D:

Looks like I am going to have to completely rethink my fighting style in Delta

Thats a plus since everything seemed obsolete next to throw spells

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I seem to use high grade Stonefist spells most of the time. Is their any specific spell that is good for breaking parts?

ikariX

Banned
Well here in PAL land there is no physical copy. Like every damn vita jrpg lately. Same with Blazblue : CP. Had to import

Shengar

I seem to use high grade Stonefist spells most of the time. Is their any specific spell that is good for breaking parts?
I always think that throw spells is good for breaking parts, but after 1 piggy heads left on Little Three Pigs and just two trumpets destroyed on Musician of Bremen fight, I think it isn't that good for breaking part :/
But I guess elemental weakness is a huge factor for destroying parts.

Well here in PAL land there is no physical copy. Like every damn vita jrpg lately. Same with Blazblue : CP. Had to import
NA doesn't have one too, it's Asia that being superior with physical copy this time.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I always think that throw spells is good for breaking parts, but after 1 piggy heads left on Little Three Pigs and just two trumpets destroyed on Musician of Bremen fight, I think it isn't that good for breaking part :/

Well the one part I hope to break is on something with no weakness. Guess I need higher Magic levels. Drake eggs on the one I'm going for is unreliable since the thing moves around so much.

Shengar

Well the one part I hope to break is on something with no weakness. Guess I need higher Magic levels. Drake eggs on the one I'm going for is unreliable since the thing moves around so much.

Which archfiend is it? Some archfiend does have some parts that's hard to reach with ranged weapon, especially lower drum of Musician of Bremen. Constantly casting sphere of deflection pretty much tells you to diversify your weapon.

ikariX

Banned

NA doesn't have one too, it's Asia that being superior with physical copy this time.

hahahahahah...........the US is suffering with PAL Land. Strange that it's only digital for EU\US.

Well I'm from South-Africa and our region code is PAL also. Damn....wanted a physical copy.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Which archfiend is it? Some archfiend does have some parts that's hard to reach with ranged weapon, especially lower drum of Musician of Bremen. Constantly casting sphere of deflection pretty much tells you to diversify your weapon.

Druid God Soul. Trying to break the cursed part on it's head. It's the story mission where you don't outright kill it but get it more to half hp. Unless there is another pact to fight it in. Broke the Wing though. You basically need a ranged weapon for it.

Any one else playing on a vita slim notice that some of the areas looked completely washed out, like the color is light/faded(if that makes sense) I have been switching between wide color and standard and have noticed this. Funny thing is the librom/setting screens look great.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Any one else playing on a vita slim notice that some of the areas looked completely washed out, like the color is light/faded(if that makes sense) I have been switching between wide color and standard and have noticed this. Funny thing is the librom/setting screens look great.
Such is a life without OLED. I'm coping.

Kurod

Banned
So close to killing the
Dragon
for the Drake helm. I got him to red before the 8 minute time limit ran out. Guess I need to raise my magic level/upgrade my sigils.

ZeroAKA

So close to killing the
Dragon
for the Drake helm. I got him to red before the 8 minute time limit ran out. Guess I need to raise my magic level/upgrade my sigils.
What's your build like? I think I still need to level up a bit.

Xenoflare

I know people probably already asked this many times....

But how does experience work out when you choose fate? Do you just receive an even number amount of exp for both life and magic?

I'm short on cash right now so this is going to wait, but I'm really curious.

Btw how is the "graphical upgrade"

So I guess going neutral is the way to go this time around? Still super early, but I'd rather not plan for chaos and find that it's more difficult to survive as a glass cannon.

Kurod

Banned
So I guess going neutral is the way to go this time around? Still super early, but I'd rather not plan for chaos and find that it's more difficult to survive as a glass cannon.

I don't think it matters so much as in vanilla. I guess it depends on what style of playing you like best. I know divine gets extra bonuses to spears, neutral to weapon, and dark to arm.

Manac0r

Really glad I picked up SSD. Despite buying the first on release day, it never really clicked. Enjoyed the aesthetics and story, but combat felt off to me. This game fixes that, the combat for me, is clicking. I feel more empowered with more control and choice. Also there are enough tweaks to the story (I have forgotten a lot) that this feels like the game I wanted in the first place.

Also the graphics are cleaner and feels more responsive. All in all a worthy purchase.

Vita 2000 owners - in the options -> Color Settings

You can adjust your color space from Normal to Wide which seems to lower the contrast and brightness as well. It seems to be geared for LCD screens.

ZeroAKA

Good games, spannicus/baekshi/HypnoDarkrai. First disconnect ever, but I had to go soon anyways. >.<

I'll probably be on again later tonight.

This game is so damn feature rich :) anyone know what's up with the AR cards that let you summon sorcerers and look for memories? Don't forget to leave gifts for other players too

ZeroAKA

Beat the 10-star
Dragon
boss for the Drake Helm, which was a lot easier than expected. I don't think I'll ever use it though.
LJNObwQ.jpg

ZeroAKA

Nice. What build did you use? I'll try again tonight when I get home from work.
25/25, force/weapon buffs, attack-boosting palm, about the same as you. I also used Vimblossom Fruit to boost my attack every time he went into the air.

Baust

Finally taking a break after a looooong play session.

I don't know what they did, but they've made it much more addicting. I'm definitely loving all the changes they've made.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
this or borderlands 2 this or borderlands 2 arrghh

putermcgee

It sounds like Borderlands 2 isn't that good on Vita. If you've never played it, and have no way of playing it on a console or PC, it'll probably still he fun.

I just bought SS Delta last night and let it download while I slept. I'm thinking I should load up my original SS to make sure the save data is intact first.

ZeroAKA

If you've played BL2 on another system before, buy this. If you've never played SS before, buy this. If you've played both BL2 and SS before, buy this. If you've played SS and but not BL2 before, buy BL2... maybe.

For what it's worth, I've played both BL2 and SS before, but I haven't even bothered to apply the BL2 patch since getting SSD.

If you've played BL2 on another system before, buy this. If you've never played SS before, buy this. If you've played both BL2 and SS before, buy this. If you've played SS and but not BL2 before, buy BL2... maybe.

For what it's worth, I've played both BL2 and SS before, but I haven't even bothered to apply the BL2 patch since getting SSD.
Pay this man hees money...Agreed. played bl2, much prefer this to it, though it's not a bad game in its own right

xXDGFXx

Neo Member
The lack of JP audio is disturbing me... a lot... Everything but the BGM and SE is mute. Quite uncomfortable for me...

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
forgot to mention i already have the original SS but haven't played it , is Delta THAT much better?

Top Bottom