• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Munkyspace

Could someone fill me in on how to unlock the multiplayer portion of the game? I've tried looking for an answer, but my google-fu is weak.

:(

ZeroAKA

forgot to mention i already have the original SS but haven't played it , is Delta THAT much better?
You should probably give the original game a try. The changes greatly improve the game, but there's no point in buying SSD if you can't get into the combat.

Shengar

forgot to mention i already have the original SS but haven't played it , is Delta THAT much better?

Yes. it's that much better. You can no longer spam attack, and the flow of battle feels slowed down but generally it still the fastest paced hunting action game out there, The new archfiends ability also most of the time forces you to have varied array of arsenal, not just on type of offerings to pwn their ass like in the vanilla version. At this point, its safe to say that SSD definitely a huge improvement over the vanilla version. All of that improvement alone could justify SS2 if SCEJ went for that route.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Combining a spear with the ground digging evasion offering and a spear plus relic nets out to be a badass combo which allows you to fly into the air and perform a killer combo. Loving it!

Novocaine

I decided I'm going to go 99/0 this time around. I hope there's a divine counterpart for sigil of the grand magus this time.

Kurod

Banned
25/25, force/weapon buffs, attack-boosting palm, about the same as you. I also used Vimblossom Fruit to boost my attack every time he went into the air.

Thanks. Just completed it and got my helm. I upgraded my axe and used the vimblossom and he went down lickety-split :)

baekshi

Banned
I was selfishly hoping it would be some ultra rare outfit only available through imported saves. Bummed out that in 100 Sacrifice outfit colours are now faction specific, so I don't know what to wear!

They're different. Though not rare anymore, they can be bought and those boxes are hard to come by.

Faction specific
14195595054_790c892c89_b.jpg

The one carried from SS doing 100 saves/sacrifice - those are all letter G/H/I
14193121422_7cb85dd30f_b.jpg

ZeroAKA

Just for future reference, uneven levels among the party not recommended? Scaling? I feel like everyone at this point would be much higher level than I am, as I haven't been able to play much. I'm probably missing out.
HP of enemies are scaled the same way for each quest no matter what the levels of people in the party are. Just try not to take any high-ranked quests that your party can't handle.

Will join around 11ish
EST? I might be able to join somewhere around 12:30 if anyone is still around by then.

Scher

For anyone that has beaten
God Dragon
, what were your levels and offerings used? I'm having issues with offerings breaking because it takes too long to kill the boss, and having seemingly no way to recover offerings is kind of causing some issues.

putermcgee

Edit: Sorry, I was having problems with multiplayer between JP and US versions, but the host had actually not updated their game.

Both online and ad hoc multiplayer works between different regions, and that's awesome.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
They're different. Though not rare anymore, they can be bought and those boxes are hard to come by.
Yeah. I guess I'm lucky that I unlocked most colours in vanilla, but I do wish the 100 Save/Sacrifice colours weren't faction specific. My favourite outfit was the 100 Sacrifice male Hunter outfit, but I'm going Avalon right now so it's unnavailable.

Would love to see them turn the costumes into actual equipment with associated bonuses and such

Love layers of customization in hunting games

ZeroAKA

For anyone that has beaten
God Dragon
, what were your levels and offerings used? I'm having issues with offerings breaking because it takes too long to kill the boss, and having seemingly no way to recover offerings is kind of causing some issues.
You mean for the Psychic Link quest or the final boss?

Yeah. I guess I'm lucky that I unlocked most colours in vanilla, but I do wish the 100 Save/Sacrifice colours weren't faction specific. My favourite outfit was the 100 Sacrifice male Hunter outfit, but I'm going Avalon right now so it's unnavailable.
Really? I'm in Grim right now, but none of the colors that I unlocked in SS are locked out for me.

Shengar

I decitmate Jack O'Lantern last night, unscathed, all parts broken, managed to gain fiend weakness and many counters from the grunts, and finished it in rapid speed. But guess what? I don't get any mission rewards, only faction. I don't really what to say at this point really until I got lot of crap from finishing a mission with shit scores. Until then I just theorized that bigger "scores" adds percentage of luck to the dice (and I'm being extremely lucky with that Jack O'Lantern if this is true).

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I decitmate Jack O'Lantern last night, unscathed, all parts broken, managed to gain fiend weakness and many counters from the grunts, and finished it in rapid speed. But guess what? I don't get any mission rewards, only faction. I don't really what to say at this point really until I got lot of crap from finishing a mission with shit scores. Until then I just theorized that bigger "scores" adds percentage of luck to the dice (and I'm being extremely lucky with that Jack O'Lantern if this is true).

What faction are you?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Grim of course, since I want to get the full bonus of Extermination Sigil(s).

Well that's why. Grim's rewards are completely based on luck so how many points you earn is meaningless unlike the other 2 factions where the quest rewards are fixed based on your score.

Curse Breaker and Martyr rewards work the same way for each faction I believe.

ZeroAKA

I think that's how Grim works too. More points gives you a higher chance of getting all 3 rewards, while fewer points could completely lock you out of rewards.

A tip for people who want easy points: bring a group heal offering. At the end of each quest (after saving/sacrificing the enemy), do your group heal when your partners are close. That way, you'll be able to get Healer, Brilliant Healer, and Perfect Healer points before the results screen pops up.

Jindrael

Banned
Bought Delta yesterday, wasn't sure at first because I already played through SS before.

For now it seems that there are enough changes to make me not regret my decision.
Currently rushing through the main story.

PSN: Jindrael

ZeroAKA

The final boss. Although, how do I get access to the psychic link quest? I haven't really played around with blank pages, so I'm not entirely sure how they work.
Go to Blank Page -> Psychic Link. You have until May 21 to complete the quest if you want the Drake Helm.

Does Grim not have faction colours? Avalon and Sanctuarium use the 100 colours from Vanilla.
Each faction has exclusive colors that cannot be unlocked/bought. Like Baekshi posted before, the Avalon/Sanctuary faction colors are different from the unlockable white/black colors. You should be able to access all of your colors from vanilla SS no matter what faction you're currently in.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Each faction has exclusive colors that cannot be unlocked/bought. Like Baekshi posted before, the Avalon/Sanctuary faction colors are different from the unlockable white/black colors. You should be able to access all of your colors from vanilla SS no matter what faction you're currently in.
Nah, looks like (with Hunter at least) the 100 Sacrifice (H) is now faction specific and they added a new black/blue colour to compensate. They might have done it with some of the other costumes as well but I haven't checked.

http://soulsacrifice.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter

weevles

Why don't you give a try to the original first? I mean, you already have it. If you buy Delta and don't like it, you'd have wasted >60€/$.

I played a little of the beginning/tutorial. I like Monster Hunter-ish games so I figure I just get the "all in" version.

Scher

9RWymkc.png

Well, looks like I'm all done with the story, now. I guess I was very close to killing the final boss the last time I fought it, since it only took me a couple more hits from what I managed previously. Now I can look into doing some multiplayer sometime.

ZeroAKA

Got my first fully upgraded black offering. It might have been too good for the game to handle because the game crashed just as I was testing it out.
Probably going to slow down my pace a bit and start farming some Testaments for more black offerings.

Top Bottom