• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

I remember that shit man!! He really did have harpy roar to screw everyone over!! I can't wait till the final game has voice chat. lls. that was some foul stunt he pulled smh haha. I think Im maxed out though, I got a even 10/10 split

But it was good matches. We should get some more GAF people in some matches or try some 2 v Boss one night
honestly when it happened all I could do was start laughing.

I'm definitely up for more games later, but we should probably lock it this time. I will say that, up until that point, I had not seen much of any trolling.
I was trying to grind Sortiara last night (she's a bitch!) for the Stoneaxe Edge, and if my golem was alive near her body it keeps attacking even though she's dead.

Really struggle to get Legendary in that fight. :(
yeah the golem will keep striking until his time is up. what you can do to get around it is summon another somewhere else to make the first disappear.

when I use a golem in that fight I use the fact that she stands a specific distance away when launching ice at you. I usually start, roll back, summon golem, and walk back until she has to launch ice at me from where the golem is. 3 or so slaps later and she's done. and don't forget minds eye for the extra 10+. you can do this in about 40 seconds I believe.

Shoyz

I had troubles too farming her but I found a perfect build, that almost always guarantees legendary . Sanguine/Bood cannon, nothing else. Just run around her blasting her with it. Once she's in the red sacrifice your skin and she's done for.

I usually finish her in 1-2 minutes and because I sacrificed my skin I also get the martyr reward.

You'd be better off using a sword. Minute or less kills!

Does SS have any speed records? Real shame if not.

KiraFA37

Might add that weaking her a bit before actually using sanguine cannon increases your chances. I blitz her a few times with that volt tackle thingy before using sanguine cannon.

Number45

yeah the golem will keep striking until his time is up. what you can do to get around it is summon another somewhere else to make the first disappear.

when I use a golem in that fight I use the fact that she stands a specific distance away when launching ice at you. I usually start, roll back, summon golem, and walk back until she has to launch ice at me from where the golem is. 3 or so slaps later and she's done. and don't forget minds eye for the extra 10+. you can do this in about 40 seconds I believe.
Ah, the roll back I didn't think of either. When I do nail that fight it's easy, but I can't do it consistently at the moment.

kuroshiki

I had troubles too farming her but I found a perfect build, that almost always guarantees legendary . Sanguine/Bood cannon, nothing else. Just run around her blasting her with it. Once she's in the red sacrifice your skin and she's done for.

I usually finish her in 1-2 minutes and because I sacrificed my skin I also get the martyr reward.

Eh. Just run backward as soon as you start and charge thunder powerwave shit and spam it until she's dead. You will finish her in 2 min with guaranteed no hit play (which gives you extra bonus). Divine all the time.

Been playing through demo with Voices off. STILL trying to forget the awful English VA in my mind. Here's hoping Japanese VA helps :(

DigitalOp

Banned
honestly when it happened all I could do was start laughing.

I'm definitely up for more games later, but we should probably lock it this time. I will say that, up until that point, I had not seen much of any trolling.

Sounds good man, I eagerly await playing with yall in the final game. This thing is gonna be bursting with content.

Been playing through demo with Voices off. STILL trying to forget the awful English VA in my mind. Here's hoping Japanese VA helps :(

I actually havent found the English VA to be bad at all. I will use the Japanese VA though since Ill get it anyway

Thanks for the Golem tips everybody. Im gonna try to farm as many offerings as I can before launch

I know I said I was done with the demo, but when I woke up my Vita this morning there it was sitting on the offerings satchel. So I started playing around with a build that is very tank oriented. I got a build that with 18/2 divinity I can get 200 defense 105 attack and then I am carrying those things that pull aggro to yourself. On top of that I got 3 golem casts, and a maxed out healing AOE spell, a shield, and some attack items that are boosted by sigils. Then I can save this loadout for future co op missions.

THIS GAME! MY LAWD!

I know I said I was done with the demo, but when I woke up my Vita this morning there it was sitting on the offerings satchel. So I started playing around with a build that is very tank oriented. I got a build that with 18/2 divinity I can get 200 defense 105 attack and then I am carrying those things that pull aggro to yourself. On top of that I got 3 golem casts, and a maxed out healing AOE spell, a shield, and some attack items that are boosted by sigils. Then I can save this loadout for future co op missions.

THIS GAME! MY LAWD!

That sounds like my normal build. Except I'm not a tank, I'm a glass cannon.
I'm sure I'll bring my life level up once the level cap is gone on Tuesday but I like to have high attack and play dodge/block/kill. I only go ranged if I'm re-boosting my stat.
I've started taking the lava amulet with me now in order to try to up my defense a little so I can take a shot and not have to heal immediately, since I've moved to using the annihilator sigil. That -25% def is a lot when you're def level is 1. ;)
If it doesn't hold up too well, I'll probably shift back to 4:16 or so.

That sounds like my normal build. Except I'm not a tank, I'm a glass cannon.
I'm sure I'll bring my life level up once the level cap is gone on Tuesday but I like to have high attack and play dodge/block/kill. I only go ranged if I'm re-boosting my stat.
I've started taking the lava amulet with me now in order to try to up my defense a little so I can take a shot and not have to heal immediately, since I've moved to using the annihilator sigil. That -25% def is a lot when you're def level is 1. ;)
If it doesn't hold up too well, I'll probably shift back to 4:16 or so.

I can take a pounding, and with the attack boosts I can dish it out a little, but certainly need people like you to come in do the slaying. I draw the attention, and you deal the punishment.

In my mind most people will go your route and prefer to deal damage, so I thought it would be more interesting and useful for me to go the opposite way and allow people like you to do your work without having to worry about damage.

Endless

More free DLC coming on May 2 - A new forbidden art and 2 new enemies: Ghost and Ouroboros

Trailer

1366991987-angel-forbidden-art.jpg

1366991988-ghost-1.jpg

1366991992-ghost-2.jpg

1366991989-ouroboros-1.jpg

1366991993-ouroboros-2.jpg

Is it much harder though or is it feasible to do so?

They do add more life to a boss creature but you get to use them as sacrifices if need be and they can help you with a second wind if you fucked up (providing they aren't down already).

Like the entire game so far you have to make choices.

Sick. The support is pouring and we havent even gotten the game yet..

They are making this way too easy

I think that's probably for JPN.
And it'd be even easier if they'd announce preorder bonuses for digital purchase in NA.

They do add more life to a boss creature but you get to use them as sacrifices if need be and they can help you with a second wind if you fucked up (providing they aren't down already)

And provided they're not named Namir.

Interesting fact: if you take someone with a Divine Arm with you and then sacrifice the arch fiend they will "leave" and you will have to pay lacrima to bring them back. Also, if you haven't noticed, it's better to save the archfiend at some point to unlock new partners and then do all your sacrifices or whatever afterwards because you can just say "no" to the update your choice dialogue after the pact. If you do change it to exterminated instead of saved, your AI goes away (I accidentally did this with Cerberus and lost Namir).

Maedhros

Ghost looks like a pain in the ass.
Ouroboros... holy shit. These guys are really creative with bosses.

By the way, including the 10 DLC ones, how many bosses will this game have?

There is a guidebook for the game in Japan, and that probably has some artwork. The Gravity Rush guide was never translated though. :/

It's frustrating that online games take at least two times longer than doing the quest solo.

Depends on the group. I thought the same until I put up the GAF room last night and we were killing Cerberus in 5-7 minutes.

Cha

Ghost looks so bright and colourful. Beautiful. Beautiful, I say! Doesn't look as dark and scary as the other bosses.

kiyomi

Harry Potter as a DLC character? Holy shit, if that doesn't help sales then nothing will.

:lol

Superb.

I have yet to really play this game online, I tried twice with randoms and got booted out because I wasn't 1/19, and the other time my two compadres were more compadreadful than anything else.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I wasn't a big fan of these types of games either but I really like this one, I like the combat better then say monster hunter or Ragnarok odyssey, also like the art in this better then those, I only played a bit of the demo, haven't even played online yet but really enjoyed.

The online is where the game really takes off, and where you get to see some of the really crazy stuff (like sacrificing teammates)

zroid

Banned
lol, after mulling it over for like a month, I finally decided to cancel my pre-order for this. Just too many games, not enough money.

So I go to the order status page and, lo and behold, my credit card's been charged, a full four days prior to its release; now I can't cancel, just have to wait for it to ship and then return (if I want). Seems the game gods really want me to buy SS. Dare I defy them?

Nasser

Been playing the domo since its release,this game is really fun. I've already preordered the game, I can't stand the English VA anymore.

Top Bottom