• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Yes, but you can use sigils to boost your attack. I'm using the Annihilator sigil with my 19/1 build, which boosts attack 50% and lowers defense 25%.

Bwahahaha, I'm 1/19 with that Sigil. I live to destroy.

Sorry, I was only on to clear some friends list space, then had to leave. Had to make some room for new people to play this with.

No worries man! Saw you were on and threw you an invite... Agent White and I overkilled some archfiends to pick up the slack. ;)

that was fun. and lol at my black rite overkill.

Indeed. Sorry about that round before -- I made the mistake of leaving one of the attack+ fruits on a tree... bad shit happens when you do that around orcs. This is where having a third could've made life a bit easier. It also didn't help that I was rusty against Cerberus after having played a ton of Jack, so my roll timing (and lack of the treefiend) was not beneficial to us either.

Going go do some online play now making a neogaf room.

I can play a round or two if there's a spot open.

I beat the Cerberus with only AI bros for the first time today. Wouldn't be able to do it if I didn't sacrifice both AI + my skin.

Grinchy

Banned
My brother came over with his Vita. We played this demo for over 4 hours tonight. That puts me at 16 hours lol.

Adhoc is so awesome. There isn't a tiny framerate hit for adhoc like there is for online. Plus you're sitting right next to the person so it's easy as hell to strategize.

Lucent

I beat the Cerberus with only AI bros for the first time today. Wouldn't be able to do it if I didn't sacrifice both AI + my skin.

I think when you add AI partners, you're adding HP to the bosses. Not as much as if you were using real partners, but still. I just think it's easier to solo him at 100% HP than to up it up to 125% or so. My AI partner always seemed to die real fast though so that's one reason I stopped bringing her. lol

jwk94

So it just took me 22min to kill the Harpy with AI. My "build" (i've just been doing whatever i see fit) is 7/10 right now. What am i doing wrong? That seemed like it took way too long.

Um, yesterday we literally stun locked the cerberus for at least one minute. Such a great teamwork. The cool thing about the game is that you're not simply gonna be able to spam forever, you need to refill your offerings.

Number45

Playing online with randoms is so frustrating. I'm not amazing at the game by any means (and I'm still building an effective set of offerings for Cerberus), but most people I play with online seem to be utterly clueless (or just quit when they realise it's hard).

Out of about 10 fights last night I think I had two decent teams. One took the Harpy down with minimal fuss and the other got close to taking Cerberus down (would have done it fairly easily if one of us didn't die and choose death early in the fight).

Definitely want to try and get some online games with a good group going.

Ken

Trying to fight Harpy with one AI is so frustrating. Her dive attack has some crazy tracking and I don't have any fire weapons fast enough to get her into the burn state quickly. Tips?

jgmo870

Banned
Trying to fight Harpy with one AI is so frustrating. Her dive attack has some crazy tracking and I don't have any fire weapons fast enough to get her into the burn state quickly. Tips?

I usually run around the lighthouse or try to stay right underneath her when she's in the air. Also roll dodging is almost a sure way to not get hit like in the Souls games.

wilflare

anyone got strategies for Harpy? it's real annoying

and man... you guys are clocking some really insane play times...
i'm seeing like 1000 sacrifices.. 200+ high-rank finishes. lol

Drame

Found early copy at my local super market. As I had pre-ordered the game from PSN I had to think that would I like to own the physical copy too and get my hands on the full game few days early.

It took me approx one minute to decide.

Behold! And only 34€ at that.

OGw7IxX.png

Pleasant surprise was that the physical release has a really kick-ass reversible cover as well!

rlRjIvf.jpg

Note to self: Always check the super market for new unreleased games.

Some things to about the demo save to full game transfer and some quick impressions:

* As some here have said the cap for one spell seems to be 10.

* The play-time resets when the save is transferred, which is quite a shame. Oh well, less to be ashamed off.

* If you have played the demo a lot, you open boat load of new sigils and whatnot after a couple quests.

* The game's great!

* It uses the Network Pass, which can't be retrieved yet, no surprise there.

* No pre-order goodies in the case. Only the Network pass and 30-day Playstation Plus Voucher.

Man, this is going to be rather nice weekend after all. Now, I'll just have to wait till Wednesday to get my Digital version and the pre-order goodies. The Japanese voice-overs should become available for download today. I'll try those with the game as I have the time.

Shoyz

* As some here have said the cap for one spell seems to be 10.

* No pre-order goodies in the case. Only the Network pass and 30-day Playstation Plus Voucher.

Man, this is going to be rather nice weekend after all. Now, I'll just have to wait till Wednesday to get my Digital version and the pre-order goodies. The Japanese voice-overs should become available for download today. I'll try those with the game as I have the time.

Guessing that means three sets of 3-stars, and then a max level upgrade? Pretty sure if I did the math correctly you can hit a level 7 spell from maxing out a spell in the demo. Although it would take ages to hit level 10 using level 0 spells.

Hope the US copies come with a PSN+ code.

Edit: Wasn't jealous at first of early copy because I want preorder bonuses (without buying two copies)
but am totally jealous of the flip-cover. I prefer the basic cover..and the flip version of it doesn't have any Age Rating or Memory Stick warning? It's so clean! Awww.

Drame

Guessing that means three sets of 3-stars, and then a max level upgrade? Pretty sure if I did the math correctly you can hit a level 7 spell from maxing out a spell in the demo. Although it would take ages to hit level 10 using level 0 spells.

Hope the US copies come with a PSN+ code.

Edit: Wasn't jealous at first of early copy because I want preorder bonuses (without buying two copies)
but am totally jealous of the flip-cover. I prefer the basic cover..and the flip version of it doesn't have any Age Rating or Memory Stick warning? It's so clean! Awww.
Ah, sorry some poor choice of words by me. There doesn't seem to be a limit to the amount of 3-stars you can transfers from the demo save to the full game. Of course, you can't get the Sword Hero Icebrand in the demo, but if you have the mats, 2x 3-star Icebrands, you can fuse it right away in the full game.

I thought that there would be a limit on the spells you carry over, but there doesn't seem one at all. Sorry bout that!

Yeah, the flip-cover surprised me also. As I took the game cartridge out I saw piece of artwork at the casing and thought that "Hey, there's something behind here!". Only the PS+ sticker sticks out as it's glued to the casing with some super glue...

I can't get this song out of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uObRVSXcPxA is a mystifying piece of music also. The soundtrack is just too damn good. I really hope that it becomes available at iTunes at some point.

I have a problem (still on demo) with my allies.

I played the 2 first missions of the Avalon chapter, with 2 allies, but now I can only see one ally in the Ally Menu. Is not that the second one is dead, or anything, he simply vanished, and I can only choose one ally.

What the hell happened?

I played the 2 first missions of the Avalon chapter, with 2 allies, but now I can only see one ally in the Ally Menu. Is not that the second one is dead, or anything, he simply vanished, and I can only choose one ally.

What the hell happened?

You may have sacrificed a boss where you got the ally, and overwritten the save.

ZeroAKA

What the hell happened?
You might have sacrificed the ally and "rewrote" the book. You'll have to play through his/her quest and save him/her again. Alternatively, if the ally has a divine arm and you chose to sacrifice the monster, he/she may leave you. Same thing could happen if you save a monster while partnering up with a dark arm ally.

Edit: You might need to use Lacrima to bring them back if they leave. I don't remember. :/

Fox1304

Felt normal this morning, had no intention of buying the game.
1 hour later, with a friend telling me he just had bought it, I went out of the store with a copy.
Add me if you want some jolly cooperation !
Will play mostly at night, GMT+1 ( France ). Id : Fox1304

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
cool man. i look forward to it.
Tried a couple of times this morning using the golem:

I counter the rats while spamming blood to lower hp. (Might skip this step for time.) With the +atk fruit, I can burn > knockdown with ice > freeze > knockdown with lightning > black rite before my golem dies.

No cursed parts destroyed, but fast farming is the goal! Thanks for the golem tip. (Never tried trapping by that mound though.)

You might have sacrificed the ally and "rewrote" the book. Alternatively, if the ally has a divine arm and you chose to sacrifice the monster, he/she may leave you. You'll have to play through his/her quest and save him/her again. Same thing could happen if you save a monster while partnering up with a dark arm ally.

You may have sacrificed a boss where you got the ally, and overwritten the save.

Strange... it was one of the 2 guys that you get after finishing the Ordeal. I had 2, a divine one and a neutral one, and the neutral dissapeared. I don't remember sacrificing any ally, I'll try to make the last chapter of the Ordeal and see if he appears again.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Strange... it was one of the 2 guys that you get after finishing the Ordeal. I had 2, a divine one and a neutral one, and the neutral dissapeared. I don't remember sacrificing any ally, I'll try to make the last chapter of the Ordeal and see if he appears again.
Doesn't have to be the ally you sacrificed. Each ally is gotten by saving a boss. If you replay the boss, sacrifice the boss, and then clicked yes on the "overwrite book" option, the corresponding ally will disappear.

Tried a couple of times this morning using the golem:

I counter the rats while spamming blood to lower hp. (Might skip this step for time.) With the +atk fruit, I can burn > knockdown with ice > freeze > knockdown with lightning > black rite before my golem dies.

No cursed parts destroyed, but fast farming is the goal! Thanks for the golem tip. (Never tried trapping by that mound though.)

alright, skip the sacrifing of the goblins, and anything to do with black rite. just do the counters, the fruit, and burn/ice/lightning. just tried it and got 640 in 1:46. the black rite spends more lacrima than your getting from her anyways.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
alright, skip the sacrifing of the goblins, and anything to do with black rite. just do the counters, the fruit, and burn/ice/lightning. just tried it and got 640 in 1:46. the black rite spends more lacrima than your getting from her anyways.
I skip the counters entirely as well now. =) I still use black rite because I figure I can do rotations of 2 avalon pact harpies and 4 ordeal harpies. Gives 30x2 + 10x4 tears. Using black rite is important because I'm getting a pretty decent rate of timesands from the martyr rewards. Plus, the ordeal harpie's drops let me fuse more falcon feathers and I can actually break cursed parts before she dies.

I skip the counters entirely as well now. =) I still use black rite because I figure I can do rotations of 2 avalon pact harpies and 4 ordeal harpies. Gives 30x2 + 10x4 tears. Using black rite is important because I'm getting a pretty decent rate of timesands from the martyr rewards. Plus, the ordeal harpie's drops let me fuse more falcon feathers and I can actually break cursed parts before she dies.
oh wow, didn't even think you might be after martyr rewards. I don't even know what to do with the time sands I currently have, lol. I'm trying to use everything, but I keep hearing different things as to what we can bring over.

wilflare

oh wow, didn't even think you might be after martyr rewards. I don't even know what to do with the time sands I currently have, lol. I'm trying to use everything, but I keep hearing different things as to what we can bring over.

Agent White, what's your PSN? or have we already added each other?

yes... :O you're the person with 1000 sacrifices and 200+ high-rank finishes :O hahaha
you didn't have to out me like that man. hahaha

I been looking forward to this for a while, but I certainly was not expecting to like it quite as Mich as I do. I like my vita before, but the one-two punch of guacameele and this has made it my go to gaming device.

Please tell me you have a friend with a PSN ID named No Malice or Kanye West.
lol, you don't know how many people send me friend requests with messages like "yo, I just wanna play nba2k13 wit you". I mean I made the account back around the time ps3 launched. wish Sony would let me change.

Number45

Ugh, suiciding because I'm out of attacks when the boss is on red and asking to be sacrificed... only to be saved. Feels bad man.

ZeroAKA

So has there been any word yet if the preorder bonuses are coming with the digital version? =/
No confirmation for SCEA, but the Japanese digital version got them.

lol, you don't know how many people send me friend requests with messages like "yo, I just wanna play nba2k13 wit you". I mean I made the account back around the time ps3 launched. wish Sony would let me change.
Lol, I'd imagine so.

So apparently the demo's level cap is 10/10. How are people getting all the way up to 19?
The demo cap is 20 total levels, which means you can get to 19/1 or 1/19.

wilflare

you didn't have to out me like that man. hahaha

I been looking forward to this for a while, but I certainly was not expecting to like it quite as Mich as I do. I like my vita before, but the one-two punch of guacameele and this has made it my go to gaming device.

man! I would love to play an online game with you for SS (along with ZeroAKA) haha I need to know how to down the Harpy fast.

but agreed, Guaca+SS = much Vita love for me personally

Drame

Seems that new raiments are given after a major boss. I just got a really awesome raiment which has a huge skeleton mask. It's way bigger than my sorcerer himself...

The plot's really starting to build up and the monsters just look awesome and the fights so far have been really fun. The voice acting in some places is pretty good but at some points the delivery just feels off.

Enjoying the game a lot so far.

Top Bottom