• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

holy shit at the aoe heal at about 3:10. the dude pretty much insta-healed and that thing has huge aoe.

I'm becoming more and more impressed at the spell progression in this game. I mean, the more powerful versions of the spells actually *look* more powerful and bigger as well. I am a little concerned that I might end up being a little disappointed in the actual spell variety but at least the spells look different (and quite cool).

The variance in boss designs is impressing me as well although of course I haven't fought anything other than what is in the demo yet.

Excited.

EDIT: OH. Forgot to add! The OP may want to add a warning that when going from the demo to the full game that you only get to keep TEN (10) copies of each of your spells. So those of you playing for 20+ hours on the demo who are stockpiling spells may want to try and combine/fuse as many of those as possible before upgrading. At least this is what I have heard so I could be wrong...

Can you guys post some tips against the monsters in the demo? For example, using a fruit tree skill against the Harpy will have it eating the fruits off the tree, along you some free hits.

Can you guys post some tips against the monsters in the demo? For example, using a fruit tree skill against the Harpy will have it eating the fruits off the tree, along you some free hits.

Jack 'o Lantern - Get the ice sword, ice shield, and any lightning attack. Block his charge attack with the shield and wail on him with ice sword until he freezes. Use lightning for massive damage. No more complex strategy needed.

Number45

Best strategy I've heard anyone come up with for the harpy is that the AoE heal roots you to the spot. Amazing tip.

DigitalOp

Banned
Is it bad if I want a Soul Sacrifice anime?

Its just soo good. And I wanna see jsut how badass Magusar is...

I know the game will be 1000x better than any anime but still lol

ZeroAKA

EDIT: OH. Forgot to add! The OP may want to add a warning that when going from the demo to the full game that you only get to keep TEN (10) copies of each of your spells. So those of you playing for 20+ hours on the demo who are stockpiling spells may want to try and combine/fuse as many of those as possible before upgrading. At least this is what I have heard so I could be wrong...
I've read that you can keep 10 of each starred offering (10 of a 0-star offering, 10 of the same 1-star offering, 10 of the same 2-star offering, etc.), but I'm hesitant to add it to the OP because I haven't seen any confirmation.

Lucent

I had a game where my two teammates died -constantly- when he was yellow and kept begging for revives. And of course, running away before I could heal them, to die in due time.

After 6 or 7 revives I cut the dead weight and fought it myself. I lost, but some people are more trouble than it's worth to revive them..maybe your guys knew that.

It's annoying when people get to that point and they don't know what they're doing. Need to learn to dodge his attacks and read his movement. Because when people join they're adding more HP. So if they die and don't contribute, it's just that much more work for you. I solo'd him in 5 minutes last night and it usually takes about that for me and a friend to do it. I still play with him when I can though cuz it's fun and it gives the Cerberus more options on who to chase so the chances of winning are higher. If I'm alone, Cerberus and the dumb cats that pop up only have me to focus on. lol

Yes, once the book tells you about it. Think it's just prior to max level. 20 lacrima cost per down.

Yep. And then you gotta save/sacrifice more stuff to regain the level in the area you want it. lol

Ken

Yes, once the book tells you about it. Think it's just prior to max level. 20 lacrima cost per down.

What's max level? I see people talking about stuff like 19/1 but right now I'm 10/5 and don't want to miss out on some super cool build or whatever.

Beth Cyra

I checked the OP and didn't see any info, I was just wondering if the Extra's on Amazon come with the PSN version of the game?

I decided to pick up the game, but honestly I would rather have it on the memeory card because I only collect physical versions of Final Fantasy any more.

jwk94

I feel incredibly lost. You guys are talking builds with numbers and i feel like i'm reading gibberish. Where can I go to enlighten myself?

ZeroAKA

I checked the OP and didn't see any info, I was just wondering if the Extra's on Amazon come with the PSN version of the game?

I decided to pick up the game, but honestly I would rather have it on the memeory card because I only collect physical versions of Final Fantasy any more.
If you're in North America, nobody knows. It's fairly safe to assume that the pre-order bonuses will be included with the digital version for the first 2 weeks or so.

I feel incredibly lost. You guys are talking builds with numbers and i feel like i'm reading gibberish. Where can I go to enlighten myself?
19/1 = 19 levels in Life and 1 level in Magic, 1/19 = 1 level in Life and 19 levels in Magic, and so on. It's not too difficult to figure out.

btkadams

If you're in North America, nobody knows. It's fairly safe to assume that the pre-order bonuses will be included with the digital version for the first 2 weeks or so.

19/1 = 19 levels in Life and 1 level in Magic, 1/19 = 1 level in Life and 19 levels in Magic, and so on. It's not too difficult to figure out.

was this the case with ps all stars? i did not know that. i want the dlc, but would rather buy digital.

Beth Cyra

Well I guess I will just wait then.

Hopefully Sony will say something before to long. If not I might just go ahead and wait a bit and hope it gets a discount for Plus subscribers after a few months.

was this the case with ps all stars? i did not know that. i want the dlc, but would rather buy digital.

Yep, I think every Sony game that had DLC was included in the download version for at least a limited time. I believe they don't announce it so that they don't compete with and interfere with retailers relationships.

jwk94

oh! That's not bad at all. So if you're going 19/1 you're going to be weak but able to take a beating?

ZeroAKA

oh! That's not bad at all. So if you're going 19/1 you're going to be weak but able to take a beating?
Yes, but you can use sigils to boost your attack. I'm using the Annihilator sigil with my 19/1 build, which boosts attack 50% and lowers defense 25%.

DigitalOp

Banned
Yes, but you can use sigils to boost your attack. I'm using the Annihilator sigil with my 19/1 build, which boosts attack 50% and lowers defense 25%.

I'm a balance type with a 10/10 build but my sigils have my attack boosted. Idk what playstyle suits me yet. I wanna be very strong but yet still I don't wanna be a glass cannon, id like to keep my life at a decent reserve.

What do you think I should do zero??

And what other builds have y'all seen besides tanks and glass cannons??

matmanx1

Sortiara Tip - She has nothing long range so backing up and hitting her with pinwheels or ice thorns you will never take any damage. You can also back up and use the Soldier's Ember to charge through her attacks and hit her for big damage. It's pretty easy to get a entirely unscathed victory using only pinwheels and soldier's ember if you have both with 3 stars.

I'm a balance type with a 10/10 build but my sigils have my attack boosted. Idk what playstyle suits me yet. I wanna be very strong but yet still I don't wanna be a glass cannon, id like to keep my life at a decent reserve.

If playing online I would think a diverse party would work best. I plan to go 99/1 and serve as a tank and support.

Grinchy

Banned
If you could make more than one character at a time, I'd totally do a tank build. I'm enjoying my damage build though.

ZeroAKA

Balanced is fine. You can just use sigils to boost stats. I'm thinking of using either 30/70 or 20/80 as my final build.

Just as an FYI, if the difference between your Life and Magic level is 90 or above, you switch to a divine/dark mode and lose the ability to change your costume. At 99/1 or 1/99, you switch again to a full divine/dark mode. The dark mode "costumes" are quite ugly IMO.

Balanced is fine. You can just use sigils to boost stats. I'm thinking of using either 30/70 or 20/80 as my final build.

Just as an FYI, if the difference between your Life and Magic level is 90 or above, you switch to a divine/dark mode and lose the ability to change your costume. At 99/1 or 1/99, you switch again to a full divine/dark mode. The dark mode "costumes" are quite ugly IMO.

Well the good news is leveling down and back will be easy at that point. Well if you want to go from 99/1 to 80/20 at least. It would be insane to go 99/1 to 1/99

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hey gaf, I can't seem to figure out how to do Harpy solo and get a good score like with Cerberus.

Anyone want to do some runs? I'm trying to get the LE+.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
what's your high score right now?

you can try this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55032224&postcount=2270

i got two 710 scores in a row earlier with a slight changes, but that should work for you. have fun, and feel free to change some things.
Cool! I don't really have a high score, because I never clean her up with my black rite. Mine is at 50 cost because I used it to speedrun Cerb.

I wanted to experiment with golems during the gaf room, but I guess it works; I'll give it a try solo later.

Cool! I don't really have a high score, because I never clean her up with my black rite. Mine is at 50 cost because I used it to speedrun Cerb.

I wanted to experiment with golems during the gaf room, but I guess it works; I'll give it a try solo later.

if you want to link up just add me/ send me an invite, psnid: PUSHA-T

although i've never tried that method with two players, so the outcome may be interesting :p

I'd like to be added to the list of users. Currently 6/14, but will get it to 5/15 I think for the full game. I'm actually having an easier time with Cerberus than with Harpy. Its flying is really annoying and I keep trying to break its wings, but no luck so far.

Anyway, user name is CorporateClown (NA).

May16

If I get the Japanese version of the game can I jump in and interact with you guys that are playing the demo and/or the international versions?

-Self-bump-

Hey guys, anybody know about this? I'm going to the game shop in a couple of hours and if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the confirmation! ^_^

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
if you want to link up just add me/ send me an invite, psnid: PUSHA-T

although i've never tried that method with two players, so the outcome may be interesting :p
Sorry I actually made some plans for tonight!

Definitely sometime in the future (perhaps with the full game)!

Sorry I actually made some plans for tonight!

Definitely sometime in the future (perhaps with the full game)!
cool man. i look forward to it.

I'm actually having an easier time with Cerberus than with Harpy. Its flying is really annoying and I keep trying to break its wings, but no luck so far.
try using tri fireroot until she's in burn stun(infernal hell), then use ice to break her out and she'll fall to the ground. go to one of her wings and continue to spam tri fireroot. you may have to do this more than once, but if your lucky when she gets back up she'll be burn stunned again, and you can repeat.

wilflare

lol, after mulling it over for like a month, I finally decided to cancel my pre-order for this. Just too many games, not enough money.

So I go to the order status page and, lo and behold, my credit card's been charged, a full four days prior to its release; now I can't cancel, just have to wait for it to ship and then return (if I want). Seems the game gods really want me to buy SS. Dare I defy them?

buy it and play with us :D

ijed

-Self-bump-

Hey guys, anybody know about this? I'm going to the game shop in a couple of hours and if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the confirmation! ^_^

We are still on the demo servers - JPN are on their own servers at the moment as their demo server's were turned off after the game was released like ours will be.

They've also had patches and dlc so unless we get brought up to date with them when it's released we could stay on different servers.
I do hope that servers will be global - being in Australia I'm so close to japan it's great for mp when I was playing the jpn demo - also since the ridiculous prices on the AU shop a lot of Aussie vita's use the US shop so I hope I can still play with these guys too... Has anyone confirmed any inter-regional love between US/EU?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally got my new Vita and am downloading the demo. Can't wait. Anything to know as I start??

Only 2 hours to go until the download is finished. So slow... Vita doesn't like Fios.

Top Bottom