• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Ken

Playing the demo online, I think I'm playing wrongly. I seem to run out if all my abilities really quickly and there's no offering recharge points around so I spend the last 8 minutes just running around.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Playing the demo online, I think I'm playing wrongly. I seem to run out if all my abilities really quickly and there's no offering recharge points around so I spend the last 8 minutes just running around.
Sacrificing refills casts too. Or try weaker, but more durable spells.

ZeroAKA

I use mostly long-range offerings online and have one designated melee offering for the sole purpose of attacking small monsters. Sacrifice monsters to recharge offerings.

Ken

I use mostly long-range offerings online and have one designated melee offering for the sole purpose of attacking small monsters. Sacrifice monsters to recharge offerings.

Oh I've been saving small monsters. Doesn't sacrificing increase the red level? Does that matter. I think I'm 9/3 at the moment.

Helps to play with a good group. Ever since I threw up this gaf room I have yet to have to refill my casts. Everyone pulling their weight goes a long way.

MooMoo

Oh I've been saving small monsters. Doesn't sacrificing increase the red level? Does that matter. I think I'm 9/3 at the moment.
It does, but if you're going divine it's still easy to have your net saves be more than your net sacrifices. Even then, you can always delevel your chaos levels if you don't have the ratio of levels you want.

Ken

It does, but if you're going divine it's still easy to have your net saves be more than your net sacrifices. Even then, you can always delevel your chaos levels if you don't have the ratio of levels you want.
I don't really know how the levels work or the point of them.

High sacrifice level makes you more of a glass cannon while high saving level makes you have higher health?

MooMoo

High sacrifice level makes you more of a glass cannon while high saving level makes you have higher health?
Pretty much. There are more particulars like divine has more defense and I think your heals heal more. High chaos levels make it so that when you sacrifice a monster, more casts are restored. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something else but that's the gist of it.

Nothing increases health except sigils.
Life level gives you defense/recovery.
Sacrifice level gives you attack.

jorgeton

Any room left in the Gaf room? I created one: Gaffers, pw is 1234. Looking to kill Cerberus and grind some LE or SE souls.

wilflare

I think the FAQ has to be updated to reflect more the recurring questions

(1) What happens when I use up all of my offerings in a battle?
You can either sacrifice defeated foes/allies to renew your offerings. Or use Mind's Eye to find white aura spots to renew your offerings. Those said spots respawn after a certain amount of time.

(2) What happens when my offerings are lost in battle? Do I lose them forever?
Nope, you can restore them with Lacrima after the battle. Lacrima can be collected after each battle by wiping the droplets off Librom's eye.

Any room left in the Gaf room? I created one: Gaffers, pw is 1234. Looking to kill Cerberus and grind some LE or SE souls.

I closed mine down. Had to go tend to some things. Great games though....I seriously crave more missions now. This game will consume me.

So should I be aiming for specific ratios, level up only one side, or just do whatever?

It's totally up to you. I am personally going down the Divinity route because I know a lot of people online will prefer the Chaos route. Thus I can act as a tank and draw aggro for others to freely attack. Also Sigils can help counter the effect of leaning to far one way. Such as I can carve sigils that boost attacks, while the glass cannons can boost defense and health.

ZeroAKA

I think the FAQ has to be updated to reflect more the recurring questions

(1) What happens when I use up all of my offerings in a battle?
You can either sacrifice defeated foes/allies to renew your offerings. Or use Mind's Eye to find white aura spots to renew your offerings. Those said spots respawn after a certain amount of time.

(2) What happens when my offerings are lost in battle? Do I lose them forever?
Nope, you can restore them with Lacrima after the battle. Lacrima can be collected after each battle by wiping the droplets off Librom's eye.
I left those out because they seem fairly obvious and were covered in the game's early tutorials. (1) was kind of answered already in the FAQs... :/

you can't. according to siliconera they updated the japanese version to include this. hopefully we get this soon if not day 1.

Cool, hope it is there on day 1 or on a day 1 patch. Other than that, I am done with the demo. I want new missions and I really need to play Dragon Fantasy and Thomas Was Alone.

Fire Fire Fire everything Fire for the harpy. When it is on the ground focus on it's wings, not only are they cursed parts but destroying one of them will keep her on the ground for the rest of the fight. Also early on keep an eye out for her sucking attack, she has an easy tell (rears back and yells at the sky), and not only put distance between you and her but also put something physically between you two, like the wind mill or those land pieces with the wings.

Ken

Ok now that I know about being able to refill offerings off smaller monsters I'm having fun. I'll probably preorder sometime soon...

How do you aim for her wings or do you need to bring in projectile offerings?

Fire Fire Fire everything Fire for the harpy. When it is on the ground focus on it's wings, not only are they cursed parts but destroying one of them will keep her on the ground for the rest of the fight. Also early on keep an eye out for her sucking attack, she has an easy tell (rears back and yells at the sky), and not only put distance between you and her but also put something physically between you two, like the wind mill or those land pieces with the wings.

i don't quite remember who it was that mentioned this before, but use aoe heal to stick to the ground while she's doing her sucking attack.

Ok now that I know about being able to refill offerings off smaller monsters I'm having fun. I'll probably preorder sometime soon...

How do you aim for her wings or do you need to bring in projectile offerings?

Yea once it clicked with me that the small enemies were fodder to save and sacrifice depending on how the battle is playing out I really started to enjoy and figure out how to handle each stage a lot better.

Projectiles can work but they do so little damage, better waiting for her to fall onto the ground and then attack from the side which would be her wing. Also the Golems can hit the wings for massive damage if you can get her to stay still in a spot to get hit a few times.

Ken

Yea once it clicked with me that the small enemies were fodder to save and sacrifice depending on how the battle is playing out I really started to enjoy and figure out how to handle each stage a lot better.

Projectiles can work but they do so little damage, better waiting for her to fall onto the ground and then attack from the side which would be her wing. Also the Golems can hit the wings for massive damage if you can get her to stay still in a spot to get hit a few times.

What's golems?

Top Bottom