• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Lucent

I hope the Drop actually mentions something about this game.
sigh SCEA sigh

Yeah this game needs to get the go ahead on a sequel from Sony. I hope if they do make one that they boost the spell and costume variety. lol. I don't know how many more spells are actually in the game but I feel like we've probably basically seen all the types really but there'll just be variations on them in the full game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
RJ0yah2.jpg

oh internet

Lucent

^lol. Reminds me of when I used to play MMOs and guys would go up to female characters and start hounding them. There was actually an MMO where my friend played as a female character and got some guy to give him stuff for free. Hah.

EDIT: Fatal framer. Nice room name.

Lucent

didn't know divines sanguine was blue.

also saw the white and the gold outfit, and yeah, I'm good with the black/red.

I wanna unlock the white! lol. I dunno why but I naturally like to play good characters. Even though my guy is currently 5/15. Might change that though.

also, i'd like to point out that people are really not clever at all. Only a few understand what "healing now" means. If i see someone using that message and i'm on low hp I actively find him and combine the area healing. However, in the game i have to chase people with red hp that run away all the time.

OmegaZero

also, i'd like to point out that people are really not clever at all. Only a few understand what "healing now" means. If i see someone using that message and i'm on low hp I actively find him and combine the area healing. However, in the game i have to chase people with red hp that run away all the time.

I try to use that to indicate that I'm going to be healing myself with the AOE healing offering so people can take advantage of that.
But no one ever does, even when they're on red. :(

tm24

How do you get a skillful attack?
Put them in an elemental hell, such as frozen, and attack with the element its weak too, like lighting. Massive damage. Element chart goes

Lightning>ice>fire>venom>stone>lightning

You'll know they're in an element hell when they're covered in the element

I try to use that to indicate that I'm going to be healing myself with the AOE healing offering so people can take advantage of that.

exactly what I do. And it's bothersome to see that people don't even understand what that means on level 20. People should use those messages. I've seen in a few games the three guys healing in different spots of the map and I think "derp, if they all did it at once, their health would reach full meter in a matter of 3-4 seconds".

Also, very few people whistle to the boss to save allies in tough situations. For example one guy was shocked and the cerb was ready to charge on him. I got on the side and whistled, essentially changing the route of attack of the cerberus and allowing him to survive.

Also dislike a lot people who simply exploit the renew offering spots for themselves. I've seen some using them when they only wasted one offering.

And last but not least, people don't even thank you for anything. Only a few say thank you when you heal them (not carrying heal ability is totally stupid anyways).

For example you set a enemy on fire then hit them with a ice attack. Or the lantern when you encase him in ice hit him with a strong electric attack.

Put them in an elemental hell, such as frozen, and attack with the element its weak too, like lighting. Massive damage. Element chart goes

Lightning>ice>fire>venom>stone>lightning

You'll know they're in an element hell when they're covered in the element

Whaaaaaaaaaa!?!?!? This game be deep!

I totally missed that or was it not tutorialized?

ZeroAKA

I've had more success with "group up." More people seem to use that message too.

tm24

The game never mentions it. Found it myself by accident spamming Ice thorns. You have to use the same element til they hit a threshold of sorts. You'll see visual progress too. They'll start to have ice chunks over them. When you get the hell, for example in ice, they'll be incased in ice.

I've had more success with "group up." More people seem to use that message too.

I've tried that too. People seem to ignore tactical messages altogether.

Hey, we have two golems here... why wont you just stay together next to them so the monster actually gets damaged by them, instead of headless chicken running around the map?

I just hope these guys don't come to the final version of the game.

I hope people don't see it the resident evil 6 way and complain because there's not tutorials about every aspect. Not to mention that I can see a wiki coming up as soon as the game comes out and people can contribute.

ZeroAKA

I've tried that too. People seem to ignore tactical messages altogether.

Hey, we have two golems here... why wont you just stay together next to them so the monster actually gets damaged by them, instead of headless chicken running around the map?

I just hope these guys don't come to the final version of the game.
Oh well, it was worth a try. I played a game last night in which one of the players decided to summon a golem right behind mine. His golem missed Cerberus completely but destroyed my golem, which was closer to Cerberus. >.>

The game never mentions it. Found it myself by accident spamming Ice thorns. You have to use the same element til they hit a threshold of sorts. You'll see visual progress too. They'll start to have ice chunks over them. When you get the hell, for example in ice, they'll be incased in ice.

Oh i have achieved frozen hell and infernal hell several times, just never knew using the opposite attack caused bonus damage like that. Now that i think about it it makes total sense. Actually really appreciate they dont tutorialize everything, and leave a lot to discover. Such a well designed games.

Oh well, it was worth a try. I played a game last night in which one of the players decided to summon a golem right behind mine. His golem missed Cerberus completely but destroyed my golem, which was closer to Cerberus. >.>

Oh yeah that happens too.

Also "love" the guys that use the golem on cerb's face when 2 or three of us are charging fist/axe on it, and the golem knocks us away, sometimes killing our offering because it was already doing the attack but didn't connect yet.

Really a troll game.

Folstern

Golem on Golem violence is getting out of hand.

In one of the loading screens they go over elemental damage vaguely, but you're right, there isn't a tutorial on it or anything.

Oh, and there's smart(tm) people that sacrifice the host the first time he goes down.

Then i'm like.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1....... *screen fades to sepia tone*

Yep.

Lucent

Oh, and there's smart(tm) people that sacrifice the host the first time he goes down.

Then i'm like.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1....... *screen fades to sepia tone*

Yep.

lol but yeah I know what you mean. I hate people that are quick to sacrifice and people who basically screw around and tag along. Me and a friend were doing pretty much everything while some guy was using that pinion or w/e to zip around and not do much.

Posted this a few times already. :(
Plus the 10 DLC ones.

So like...22 bosses before the DLC? I guess that's not too bad. Would be 32 with the DLC. Wonder how far they'll go with the DLC.

ZeroAKA

Why do I keep getting disconnected from online MP right before a quest starts tonight? I'm still connected to PSN... :/

wilflare

lol but yeah I know what you mean. I hate people that are quick to sacrifice and people who basically screw around and tag along. Me and a friend were doing pretty much everything while some guy was using that pinion or w/e to zip around and not do much.

So like...22 bosses before the DLC? I guess that's not too bad. Would be 32 with the DLC. Wonder how far they'll go with the DLC.

and people who refuse to renew/repair their offerings at the end of a match -facepalm-

Lucent

and people who refuse to renew/repair their offerings at the end of a match -facepalm-

Omg that reminds me. Me and my friend made a Cerberus run with a couple of randoms and they both hadn't repaired from the black rite. So they came in with half their defense. =/

or people who actively play with sacrificed skin.

Omg that reminds me. Me and my friend made a Cerberus run with a couple of randoms and they both hadn't repaired from the black rite. So they came in with half their defense. =/

That ^.

I admit I forgot to fix my black rite a couple times. It can happen. But I saw some that played three rounds in a row with it. Really? Not to mention those who use it when the monster has green outline :l

Azull

So. Many.

I didn't actually think there would be so many people who blatantly wouldn't do it. I thought they didn't realize it was broken but after asking them they full on say they won't do it and more or less tell me to go fuck myself. Le sigh.

Best use with a melee weapon. Usually when I fight Cerberus I go for the stone armor then use falcon feather and then grab the stone hammer for the magical point.

Might allow me to use that stone hammer in the fight now.

Yep there was a point I started counting up to see how many teams I would be in before getting one with everyone normal. It eventually happened but I stopped counting lol

Lucent

Yep there was a point I started counting up to see how many teams I would be in before getting one with everyone normal. It eventually happened but I stopped counting lol

lol. Yeah I dunno. I hope those people get weeded out if they don't get the retail version. Or just make a personal blacklist.

Something else I noticed, might be a coincidence, but seemed like the first few days me and my friend played the demo together it was flawless. Now recently there's some crap lag every now and then that causes weird things to happen. Like once it lagged so bad Cerberus was all the way in the circle so I thought I'd heal down the road near the entrance. He zoomed all the way up to me while in a standing pose and I got annihilated. And another time both his Archfiend form AND his pre-mutation form were on the screen at once for a bit. I was like "what's going on?!"

Otherwise, the netcode seems really awesome.

had some great games tonight with corrosivefrost, cyborg009, CinnabonJovii, and ZeroAKA. tons of fun. thanks guys.
Good games, Agent/Frost. I got disconnected after that last game though. :(
it's cool we were leaving right after that anyways. next time we gotta get you in on the chat party.

Lucent

had some great games tonight with corrosivefrost, cyborg009, CinnabonJovii, and ZeroAKA. tons of fun. thanks guys.
it's cool we were leaving right after that anyways. next time we gotta get you in on the chat party.

I think I got a request from you and CinnabonJovii already. Will have to play with you guys sometime. It's the final two weeks of the semester for me though and I've been having to work on some team project and coding in Visual Basic (not fun for me...) so I haven't been able to play this as much as I'd like. But I'll def be doing some GAF partying when I can. =D

I think I got a request from you and CinnabonJovii already. Will have to play with you guys sometime. It's the final two weeks of the semester for me though and I've been having to work on some team project and coding in Visual Basic (not fun for me...) so I haven't been able to play this as much as I'd like. But I'll def be doing some GAF partying when I can. =D
yeah definitely! it'll be even better when we have more than 4 quests to go on. there was plenty of goofing around and testing stuff out tonight. you could hear the excitement when we petrified Cerberus.

OmegaZero

Just unlocked the White color for the Noble outfit. :D
Sure, half of that was Mad Witch LE but I earned every bit of it!

Lucent

yeah definitely! it'll be even better when we have more than 4 quests to go on. there was plenty of goofing around and testing stuff out tonight. you could hear the excitement when we petrified Cerberus.

Yeah it's crazy how fun it actually is to fight the bosses with other people even dozens of times. Always up for it. I feel somewhat guilty about having Golems to a lot of the fighting.

Me and my friend doing that. lol

Just unlocked the White color for the Noble outfit. :D
Sure, half of that was Mad Witch LE but I earned every bit of it!

Awesome. Which one is the Noble outfit?

I'm contemplating going more to the light side. Now.

Drame

I've been doing the Avalon Pacts this morning and it seems that the quests have little bit of branching. There's different path for those who save and for those who sacrifice. Also, there's a bonus quest for those who unlock every other quest on one page.

It's really nice to have a lot of content, but as a Divine sorcerer those sacrifices feel bad. :<

Lucent

I've been doing the Avalon Pacts this morning and it seems that the quests have little bit of branching. There's different path for those who save and for those who sacrifice. Also, there's a bonus quest for those who unlock every other quest on one page.

It's really nice to have a lot of content, but as a Divine sorcerer those sacrifices feel bad. :<

lol. Sounds awesome though. I'm currently a 5/15 but I was thinking about going the other way, too. I never really feel bad about sacrificing though. =P

Top Bottom