• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Velcro Fly

Downloaded the demo the other day and played through like one fight. Think I'm going to give the game more of a chance today!

ZeroAKA

Seems that new raiments are given after a major boss. I just got a really awesome raiment which has a huge skeleton mask. It's way bigger than my sorcerer himself...

The plot's really starting to build up and the monsters just look awesome and the fights so far have been really fun. The voice acting in some places is pretty good but at some points the delivery just feels off.

Enjoying the game a lot so far.
Glad to see you're enjoying the game. Just to clarify though, is there no limit to the number of offerings that carry over to the full game at all? The wording on the explanation from last page was still confusing to me.

3 days left... hopefully. You can never know with SCEA.

pahamrick

Was going to go digital, but ended up just preordering at Gamestop since I know I'll be able to pick the game up early on Tuesday instead of waiting for GCT on PSN. The Gamestop I preordered at only got 4 copies in, tho.

Ah, sorry some poor choice of words by me. There doesn't seem to be a limit to the amount of 3-stars you can transfers from the demo save to the full game. Of course, you can't get the Sword Hero Icebrand in the demo, but if you have the mats, 2x 3-star Icebrands, you can fuse it right away in the full game.

I thought that there would be a limit on the spells you carry over, but there doesn't seem one at all. Sorry bout that!

Yeah, the flip-cover surprised me also. As I took the game cartridge out I saw piece of artwork at the casing and thought that "Hey, there's something behind here!". Only the PS+ sticker sticks out as it's glued to the casing with some super glue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uObRVSXcPxA is a mystifying piece of music also. The soundtrack is just too damn good. I really hope that it becomes available at iTunes at some point.

Oh cool I'm preparing for the full game by making tons of 3 stars. I got groups of 4s.

Drame

Glad to see you're enjoying the game. Just to clarify though, is there no limit to the number of offerings that carry over to the full game at all? The wording on the explanation from last page was still confusing to me.

3 days left... hopefully. You can never know with SCEA.
Yeah, sorry I really can't get the wording down >.<''. As far as I'm acknowledged, there is none.

All my 3's carried over and my inventory was intact after the transfer to full game.

Although, I have no idea if there's some hidden limit as I only had 4x 3*'s in the demo and they carried over along with the smaller thingies. So, tread with caution, I suppose.

Edit: Cool, the new raiments are totally different between the genders. Just like armor in Monster Hunter.

Twinduct

Ugh, Charged on the 25th only unlocks on the 1st .. wish there was a way to trick it to unlock earlier ... Like the VPN trick for PC releases :S

Any Cerb pros wanna help me get some Timesand? Need those Entrails!

I was with an ok group last night, but it was taking us 15 minutes per run to take down Cerb. I was mostly playing with 19/1 builds, that's why.

damn, just had the sickest online games with CinnabonJovii. we didn't give Cerberus a chance to fight. that was the first time i've seen him in petrified hell. we didn't even get to try most of his attack variations.

then we fought harpy. this was even better because he didn't know what i was doing sneaking around the left side, but i whistled him over, and there he was. we ate vimblossom, summoned golems, initiated infernal hell, then frozen hell, i used timesand until i was almost dead to let em get a few more hits in. 2:10 later and dead.

man that was fun.

SharkJAW

Any Cerb pros wanna help me get some Timesand? Need those Entrails!

I was with an ok group last night, but it was taking us 15 minutes per run to take down Cerb. I was mostly playing with 19/1 builds, that's why.

I'll help out. Agent White and I knocked him down pretty quickly, but we're both 1/19. My PSN is SharkJAW, feel free to add and invite me.

EDIT:
damn, just had the sickest online games with CinnabonJovii. we didn't give Cerberus a chance to fight. that was the first time i've seen him in petrified hell. we didn't even get to try most of his attack variations.

then we fought harpy. this was even better because he didn't know what i was doing sneaking around the left side, but i whistled him over, and there he was. we ate vimblossom, summoned golems, initiated infernal hell, then frozen hell, i used timesand until i was almost dead to let em get a few more hits in. 2:10 later and dead.

man that was fun.

YES. It was absolutely glorious.

SharkJAW

The second Harpy fight in the area with the windmills is kicking my ass. Any tips?

Fire is her weakness. Hit her with the fire tri root spell about 4 times and you'll stun her. Of you have a golem, summon it, then hit her with an ice tri-root into her wing until you freeze her. Follow with an electric attack and another golem summon if you can. That should handle about 80% of her health, at least.

got tired of waiting for sony, and just preordered in store.

also for taking your own health down use timesand instead of sanguine. it's much faster, and you can hold the boss in place while doing it.

jwk94

Fire is her weakness. Hit her with the fire tri root spell about 4 times and you'll stun her. Of you have a golem, summon it, then hit her with an ice tri-root into her wing until you freeze her. Follow with an electric attack and another golem summon if you can. That should handle about 80% of her health, at least.

How did you figure out her weakness? And why that specific combination of spells? How do you go from ice tri to an electric attack? Is that supposed to do more damage or are you just doubling the stun?

How did you figure out her weakness? And why that specific combination of spells? How do you go from ice tri to an electric attack? Is that supposed to do more damage or are you just doubling the stun?

when you hit a boss with their weakness you'll get "archfiend vunerability" for the regular enemies you'll get "vunerability".

multiple hits with fire stuns her, break her out with ice, keep using ice to freeze her, use volt to break her out. your basically chaining stuns.

Lucent

got tired of waiting for sony, and just preordered in store.

also for taking your own health down use timesand instead of sanguine. it's much faster, and you can hold the boss in place while doing it.

Yeah Sanguine is kinds slow. I use it before I even see the boss though so I can heal without him chasing me. lol

And, yeah, I'm still not sure what build I ultimately want. I'm currently a 5/15. My friend is a 1/19 and he usually gets destroyed 10x more than I do. I'm guessing it's because he truly is a glass cannon while I have some defense. He also tends to use Irondrake Eggs mainly so he's more a long-distance guy while I like to get in there and hit Cerberus with my stone axe and stuff.

jwk94

when you hit a boss with their weakness you'll get "archfiend vunerability" for the regular enemies you'll get "vunerability".

multiple hits with fire stuns her, break her out with ice, keep using ice to freeze her, use volt to break her out. your basically chaining stuns.

Oh, that actually makes sense, thanks. does the game keep track of the monster's weaknesses or is that up to the player?

Oh, that actually makes sense, thanks. does the game keep track of the monster's weaknesses or is that up to the player?
I just checked to see of anything pops up in the stories, and didn't see anything. I guess it's just try and see what works.

I'd be up for a couple games in the not so distant future -- are any of you on and want some help?

I'd be looking for saves on Jack/Harpy and either on Cerberus.

I'm trying to solo Harpy, I get her down to red health without getting hit, then she starts doing the pecking attack and it kills me. There anyway to dodge it better?

Also, I'm on now if anyone wants to do some Cerb runs. PSN: A_MagicToaster

I just checked to see of anything pops up in the stories, and didn't see anything. I guess it's just try and see what works.

Jack and Harpy does give hints in their stories but its really fucking subtle and you need a bit more mental gymnastics to get Cerberus weakness from its story.

The observe, try and see approach should work faster though

Oyashiro

Well, I did it. Purchased the game. My first Vita game that isn't a PS+ freebie. Also first game I've bought on launch in several years. Cant wait!

I'm very curious as to how you figured it out from just the lore. Mind sharing?

The red text helps out greatly since you can touch them and they give some extra info/tips.

Harpy - mentions about fat been susceptible to burning and she is no exception also that she is distracted when she eats.

Jack - mentions using things to "soothe" this fiery creature.

Cerberus - mentions about his attack where he removes the metal pole and how dangerous it is (though you would have to add what attacks he does for this to be clear)

Grinchy

Banned
I'm trying to solo Harpy, I get her down to red health without getting hit, then she starts doing the pecking attack and it kills me. There anyway to dodge it better?

I typically just roll into (and under) its legs at that point. It'll keep pecking in the same direction and you will end up behind it.

Alright, soloed the Harpy!

B303220B-1DAB-4112-A0C1-7FD582BCC2D9-7333-00000B1A2B06EF42.jpg

I know lol. None of the cerb red text is about his weakness though. Only about his attacks.

The attack they really warn about his the one where he removes the pole. That's why I said more gymnastics is needed for him since you would have had to seen it before. :p

I wonder if the other monster's notes will have similar.

Zemm

Does the full game allow you to have more than one save, so more than one character? Would like to have one divinity focused character and one chaos.

Combo follow ups. Nice! I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.

Also, what kind of shields are you guys using for Cerberus?

SharkJAW

Loadout tips on getting Divine Sorcerer against Cerberus (solo)? And what's your best time?

Have a grave clod, stone axe, and venom golem with you (all fully upgraded, if possible). Those are the only attacks I use for Cerberus. The shield, also, to stun him. My best time is 5:12 iirc. But that's when pretty much everything went perfectly.

EDIT: just beat my time. Got 4:13 on him.

ZeroAKA

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much Vimblossom Fruit boosts attack by? Is it worth a slot for soloing bosses?

tm24

Also, dont forget the easy 60 pts you can get for getting a counter on a goblin with an elemtanal attack

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much Vimblossom Fruit boosts attack by? Is it worth a slot for soloing bosses?
I use it for soloing. I just don't bother bringing health. I like some kind of number/percentage on it, but for now all I got to go on is that it feels like I finish them off faster.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I assume it's percentage based. I solo bosses a bit faster with it, and I don't do it with many hits, so if it were constant, it would have to be a huge boost.

White raiment get!

Top Bottom