• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Before entering a quest, there's a list of fixed rewards that are guaranteed to drop depending on your rank. Sortiara and Avalon bosses give you completely different rewards. Sortiara bosses also feel much easier for me, so I used them as practice to get familiar with their attack patterns.

I'm confident they are easier so the player can be roped in gently.

Plus its like the same concept in Monster hunter where you fight a "weaker" version of the monster in single player (village quests) and the version for multiplayer (guild hall) is "stronger".

So for SS Avalon is pretty much the guild hall (its positioned as such already in the story) :p

DigitalOp

Banned
Whats the best way to pull Martyr rewards from Solo missions??

Is it activating your Black Rite? Do you also use AI partners to sacrifice you?

ZeroAKA

Whats the best way to pull Martyr rewards from Solo missions??

Is it activating your Black Rite? Do you also use AI partners to sacrifice you?
I bring Namir (the Cerberus sorcerer) and suicide using Sanguine Cannon when Jack gets down to red. Spending Lacrima to restore Black Rites in solo quests isn't worth it, especially since the demo caps at 100 Lacrima.

Edit: Lol, got one of the AI partners to max affinity last night when I had trouble connecting online.
33gu5Hb.jpg

tm24

How do you solo cerb with divine arm III?
Easiest way seems to be using a golem for massive dmg and ai pathing abuse, a shield, a stone offering, sanguine cannon for your main offensive weapon and 2 heals to restore health. Thats how I do it as a DA4

tm24

Might as well do it now. IIRC, you get a companion mission once you get your allies to a certain affinity

I'm liking this game a lot but i think i'm still a rookie and i'm afraid that when the game is out a lot of people will be high level and i'll be very behind since i don't have much time to play and the multi stops being fun to me or i'm afraid of being an burden to other players. ;__;

I'm still unable to win harpy and i still take 15 min on solo, with AI, to kill jack.

Well, at least i'm trying on multi to help with some healing area spells, only use renew offering when i almost used all my spells and finally trying to boost my spells but i don't have any golems, i think xD, and not sure how that blood spam spell works, so for now i'm working with ice, fire and lightning spells,and trying to get some chains going.

Also i'm kinda balanced, 8/,7 when i see all people here were more like 5/15 . So not sure if my balance levels helps in the future.
I'm having fun and i like the sorcerer's ordeal story so i guess i'll buy the game even if i get behind in the online games.

I'm in a similar situation and I would think that a few other GAFfers will be like that too.

I plan on playing this game a lot when it comes out but I won't be putting in the same amount of time (or be nearly as good) as some of the people I'm reading about on here. I'm also skittish about multiplayer as I don't like being a burden to a group of people and I don't like playing with random dicks on the iternet. So maybe we can start a "B team"... :)

Drame

Golems are far from fun and games when boss dies infront of the golems feet and the golem just keeps on slamming like there is no tomorrow.

Lucent

:O crap. thanks for the heads up! time to get on it
I have more Timesand than Irondrake Eggs ><

Yeah that mission to get the Irondrake Eggs is even easier when you get a golem lol. Once I killed one of the enemies and planted a golem near it. All the birds and rats gathered at the corpse and the golem smashed them all. Beat that mission in 1:01. lol

Golems are far from fun and games when boss dies infront of the golems feet and the golem just keeps on slamming like there is no tomorrow.

just have whoever summoned the golem summon another away from the boss, and the original will disappear. if it's online then you just gotta wait it out.

Velcro Fly

So I played a few more parts of the demo. Got up to the part where I kill the
Jack O Lantern guy

Game is somewhat enjoyable but I feel a little bit lost in the story. I also feel like I'm really bad at the game. I get that the guy I was fighting seemed to be on fire and that ice was his weakness but he still managed to kill me. I was selfish and chose to be revived since I didn't quite know what the other available options would do to me exactly.

I enjoy that I'm able to play in short bursts since most of these missions didn't take me but a couple minutes. So far I've just been sacrificing everything since I do like killing enemies in the game. The combat seems fun, especially when I use a spell to turn my arm into a melee weapon and I can just pound the hell out of things.

Is there like a dodge roll or something that I can do? Or do I just need to run out of the way of attacks? Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious in that regard.

Also having a lot of fun just messing around with different spells and things. And the game looks beautiful for the most part.

Grabbed the game yesterday (fnac in paris).
I tought that the release date was the 1st may so i was surprised to see it there !
There's a bundle with a vita too.
2nd game I didn't bought from the psn

Lucent

So I played a few more parts of the demo. Got up to the part where I kill the
Jack O Lantern guy

Game is somewhat enjoyable but I feel a little bit lost in the story. I also feel like I'm really bad at the game. I get that the guy I was fighting seemed to be on fire and that ice was his weakness but he still managed to kill me. I was selfish and chose to be revived since I didn't quite know what the other available options would do to me exactly.

I enjoy that I'm able to play in short bursts since most of these missions didn't take me but a couple minutes. So far I've just been sacrificing everything since I do like killing enemies in the game. The combat seems fun, especially when I use a spell to turn my arm into a melee weapon and I can just pound the hell out of things.

Is there like a dodge roll or something that I can do? Or do I just need to run out of the way of attacks? Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious in that regard.

Also having a lot of fun just messing around with different spells and things. And the game looks beautiful for the most part.

You can dodge roll by double tapping X in a direction. I use it a lot. And you can knock that guy back with a shield when he rolls at you. Just gotta learn to read their moves.

ZeroAKA

Does venom attacks deplete health of the enemy over a course of time or is it instant damage?
Instant damage, although attacks like the poison spit from Treefiend Blood can deplete health over time.

Press X quickly while running in a direction to dodge roll, hold X to run. You might also find it helpful to hold/press the L button so that the camera is fixed onto the enemy.

DSmalls84

Does all of your progress carry over to the main game? I haven't really followed this game much, but the demo was pretty awesome. I haven't tried any of the MP yet but seems like it would be fun.

Lucent

Instant damage, although attacks like the poison spit from Treefiend Blood can deplete health have time.

Press X quickly while running in a direction to dodge roll, hold X to run. You might also find it helpful to hold/press the L button so that the camera is fixed onto the enemy.

Also got a note saying you can flick the right stick quickly while targeting to switch targets. I tried it after seeing that and yeah that works. lol. I tend to not lock on unless I'm fighting one monster or can see them all on my screen.

ZeroAKA

Does all of your progress carry over to the main game? I haven't really followed this game much, but the demo was pretty awesome. I haven't tried any of the MP yet but seems like it would be fun.
No, the 30 hours that I've spent on this demo so far will go completely to waste.

Yes, your demo save file can be imported into the full game.

Ken

Easiest way seems to be using a golem for massive dmg and ai pathing abuse, a shield, a stone offering, sanguine cannon for your main offensive weapon and 2 heals to restore health. Thats how I do it as a DA4

How does the pathing abuse work?

Don't think I have any stone offerings.

cyborg009

Banned
Thanks corrosivefrost and Agent White party chat and soul sacrifice was great last night. We actually petrified the Cerberus.

I had to delete Disgaea 3 to make room for the full game, as I only had about 600mb free... oh well, once my save transfers on Tuesday, I can delete the demo and put something else on my card.

Lucent

Is there a way to respec your arm later? I have more magic right now but If I raised life higher would it change?

When you get to 20 levels combined and you back out to the book he'll make a comment about how you can use lacrema to delevel either level. But you have to regain the experience to level up again.

ZeroAKA

How exactly does the dual-audio preorder bonus work? Is there a code in each first-print copy?
The code will probably either be printed on the receipt or emailed to you, depending on where you pre-ordered it from. Not all retailers will have the bonuses.

Lucent

Thanks. Is there a list of retailers anywhere?

I can only think of Gamestop and Amazon off the top of my head. I dunno who else is doing it for sure. I'm getting it digitally so I'm hope'n the pre-order dlc is included with the digital version as well.

B.O.O.M

Instant damage, although attacks like the poison spit from Treefiend Blood can deplete health have time.

I see. Wish they had that info noted somewhere in the weapon description. Would be easier to plan thiings. But yeah thanks for the info

Ken

If only because of the spawning cats and that you're solo so he's focused on you all the time.

If you have a shield, a golem, healing, and rock weapons at least, you can beat him. =p

What rock weapon should I go in with?

SharkJAW

What rock weapon should I go in with?

The stone axe for when he's on the move and the stone fist (grave burial clod, I believe) when you use a shield to stun him. Solo, it takes around 4 casts of the clod to break a head, and it is oh, so satisfying.

2 days left, guys. 2 days...

Ken

The stone axe for when he's on the move and the stone fist (grave burial clod, I believe) when you use a shield to stun him. Solo, it takes around 4 casts of the clod to break a head, and it is oh, so satisfying.

2 days left, guys. 2 days...

Where do you get stone axe and fist?

Lucent

Where do you get stone axe and fist?

I forget what missions gives you the fist. Pretty sure it's a common reward though. Stone axe can be obtained from beating
Sortiara
and achieving a Divine Sorcerer rank. At least, I think you need that rank.

Rootbeer

Banned
Will I still get my money's worth out of this game if I plan to mostly play single-player? I'm a bit conflicted and the MH comparisions are turning me off.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Will I still get my money's worth out of this game if I plan to mostly play single-player? I'm a bit conflicted and the MH comparisions are turning me off.

I played the demo alone for 20 hours SP only, so yeah. You can get your moneys worth with SP alone if that is your only concern.

Top Bottom