• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

B.O.O.M

or people who actively play with sacrificed skin.

That ^.

I admit I forgot to fix my black rite a couple times. It can happen. But I saw some that played three rounds in a row with it. Really? Not to mention those who use it when the monster has green outline :l

I think the reason could be that they spam the black rite too much and end up not having enough lacrima to fix it

I just paid off my preorder. Unfortunately, I traded in P4G for $30 to do it. Already beat it twice so I don't think I'll play it again. If I want to play it again, I'm sure I'll be able to get it for less than $30. So it's not like I really lost anything.

Played some more MP this morning with my coffee

DAT Cerebus...

Also, I truly do hope this game takes off. It's something special.

Inafuking indeed

KiraFA37

Also, very few people whistle to the boss to save allies in tough situations. For example one guy was shocked and the cerb was ready to charge on him. I got on the side and whistled, essentially changing the route of attack of the cerberus and allowing him to survive.

I always wondered if whistling was just used to notify your allies or taunt the monster. So many details in this game like that skillfull attack bonus.

Drame

lol. Sounds awesome though. I'm currently a 5/15 but I was thinking about going the other way, too. I never really feel bad about sacrificing though. =P
Just reading the lore of these misfortunate beings makes it really hard to make the sacrifice. Ah, maybe I'm being too soft for this game.

Also, it really does feel bad if you want to get all quests for one page. One: you have to make the sacrifice. Two: the person you're going to sacrifice has been trooping with you for couple quests. Three: I suppose, by sacrifising I also loose an ally but get new quests, yay...

Feels bad man :(

Lucent

Just reading the lore of these misfortunate beings makes it really hard to make the sacrifice. Ah, maybe I'm being too soft for this game.

Also, it really does feel bad if you want to get all quests for one page. One: you have to make the sacrifice. Two: the person you're going to sacrifice has been trooping with you for couple quests. Three: I suppose, by sacrifising I also loose an ally but get new quests, yay...

Feels bad man :(

lol. It's okay. I guess I was thinking of it more like a game instead of like I was really in it. Probably cuz it's a demo and the story part stopped when I had to
kill Sortiara
. Maybe I'll feel that way when I get the full game.

Foxix Von

Is it just me or is the community for this game really shitty so far? I swear I get kicked for no apparent reason during most matches. That and if anyone in the room is still preparing for the fight there's always that one asshole who keeps spamming ready and not ready ad nauseum.

I can't wait to get to play with some gaffers.

EDIT: And no it's not my black rites. I stay on top of repairing those.

Got Cerb soloed! All I used was the lightning shield, sanguine cannon and the treefiend blood (golem that spews out venom). Lightning shield > Cerb gets knocked down > spam sanguine cannon > infernal rite > Cerb is injured and starts to walk slowly > gets stuck against mudfiend who keeps spewing venom > game over. Gonna try to clear it in 2 minutes or less next time. 3/17 build, btw.

25FE7E33-6AC4-412B-8EDC-7A354E87739E-7658-00000B550085A200.jpg

Drame

lol. It's okay. I guess I was thinking of it more like a game instead of like I was really in it. Probably cuz it's a demo and the story part stopped when I had to
kill Sortiara
. Maybe I'll feel that way when I get the full game.
I suppose one of the signs of a great game is really getting into it, teehee.

But totally give some Divine build a try, it's really fun to mess around with. Right now I'm maximizing my defence with sigils and offerings and it's really fun to tank things toe to toe.

Oh right, areas with pillars in them are quite exploitable. You can circle around the pillars while charging magic and then popping the fully charged blast to a boss who's foolishly following you as you go merry-go-round.

Makes some fights rather trivial and easy. Although, it takes a quite a lot of time and it doesn't work on every boss. Not recommended.

Oh yeah, I should add myself to the sorcerer list.

Drame - Halba (EU)

Lucent

I suppose one of the signs of a great game is really getting into it, teehee.

But totally give some Divine build a try, it's really fun to mess around with. Right now I'm maximizing my defence with sigils and offerings and it's really fun to tank things toe to toe.

I will definitely be changing this arm into a Divine arm soon. =D
Yes, that's my character and I love blue. =x

Rasec

I'm liking this game a lot but i think i'm still a rookie and i'm afraid that when the game is out a lot of people will be high level and i'll be very behind since i don't have much time to play and the multi stops being fun to me or i'm afraid of being an burden to other players. ;__;

I'm still unable to win harpy and i still take 15 min on solo, with AI, to kill jack.

Well, at least i'm trying on multi to help with some healing area spells, only use renew offering when i almost used all my spells and finally trying to boost my spells but i don't have any golems, i think xD, and not sure how that blood spam spell works, so for now i'm working with ice, fire and lightning spells,and trying to get some chains going.

Also i'm kinda balanced, 8/,7 when i see all people here were more like 5/15 . So not sure if my balance levels helps in the future.
I'm having fun and i like the sorcerer's ordeal story so i guess i'll buy the game even if i get behind in the online games.

Drame

So wait how does the demo transfer happen? You put the game in and it replaces the demo bubble?
Here's how it works. Do not delete the demo bubble before you have the full game just to be safe.

• Put the game in and choose new game.
• Then a pop up appears, which says that the game has found demo data on the memory stick and asks if you'd like to continue from where you left in the demo.
• Choose yes and you're good to go.

Like I said few pages ago, everything except battle stats and playtime seems to carry over.

Cannot wait to dig into the full game. I really want to go digital for this game but also really want the japanese VO.

Why must we sacrifice ?

Damn you and your incompetence SCEA.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Are golems on the player side? I thought they were bad guys. lol. How do you summon them?

wilflare

Are golems on the player side? I thought they were bad guys. lol. How do you summon them?

the actual name is
Mudfiend Entrails
Mudfiend Blood (ranged attack)
Treefiend Entrails

You get them by fusing Timesand + Irondrake Egg (I think you only get one of the above from this fusion... the other types require further fusion with other offerings)
(or as a Martyr Reward... I think.. may be wrong)

Drame

has anyone tried the Load/Save Gear options?
do they just load a set of offerings?
Yeah, you can make sets, save them and load them when you need that particular set. If I remember correctly there was room for 50ish sets, so one for every occasion.

A really nice feature to have. Also, you can do the same with Sigils.

wilflare

you can create load outs. I created one for each the the demo bosses. good for when your partnered with impatient randoms too.

Yeah, you can make sets, save them and load them when you need that particular set. If I remember correctly there was room for 50ish sets, so one for every occasion.

A really nice feature to have. Also, you can do the same with Sigils.

I can't imagine not using the Load/Save Gear options, to be honest. They're really helpful.

thanks! haha it's time I put them to proper use.. been swapping in and out my offerings ><
glad to hear it applies to Sigils too.

hmm if only it works for arm types too (to make it easier for online games)
but guess that would diminish the purpose of using Lacrima to rewrite levels

the actual name is
Mudfiend Entrails
Mudfiend Blood (ranged attack)
Treefiend Entrails

You get them by fusing Timesand + Irondrake Egg (I think you only get one of the above from this fusion... the other types require further fusion with other offerings)
(or as a Martyr Reward... I think.. may be wrong)

Actually they are

Mudfiend Entrails - Created from Timesand + Irondrake Egg
Treefiend Entrails - Mudfiend Entrails + Green Giant Arm (venom version of arm weapon)
TreeFiend Blood - Treefiend Entrails + Sapling Root + FesterBloom Leaf

You can get IronDrake egg from Chapter 4 and Timesand either from Cerberus or Harpy (as a Martyr Reward).

MooMoo

Man playing with randoms is driving me nuts. Had a group last night bagging on me for using golems on Jack O Lantern. Not sure why that bugged them more than the guy who died less than a minute in and chose death over letting us save/sacrifice him. They even had the audacity to say golems weren't high damage dealers. Wut.

wilflare

Actually they are

Mudfiend Entrails - Created from Timesand + Irondrake Egg
Treefiend Entrails - Mudfiend Entrails + Green Giant Arm (venom version of arm weapon)
TreeFiend Blood - Treefiend Entrails + Sapling Root + FesterBloom Leaf

You can get IronDrake egg from Chapter 4 and Timesand either from Cerberus or Harpy (as a Martyr Reward).

my bad :X

I still have yet to get my first/use Golem...
Irondrake Eggs are hard to come by @_@

my bad :X

I still have yet to get my first/use Golem...
Irondrake Eggs are hard to come by @_@

They shouldn't be since its listed as one of the rewards in chapter 4.

I guess its just completing that quest as quickly as possible along with the other scoring methods to get a high score and more items.

wilflare

They shouldn't be since its listed as one of the rewards in chapter 4.

I guess its just completing that quest as quickly as possible along with the other scoring methods to get a high score and more items.

Chapter 4 is Harpy right? yea. I'm having a problem with them
(they don't drop on Sotiara Harpy right?)

(and... Harpy is easily the most disgusting boss in the demo... the part where it sucks you in and crunches on you and spits you out always... gets me)

(and... Harpy is easily the most disgusting boss in the demo... the part where it sucks you in and crunches on you and spits you out always... gets me)

Harpy is Chapter 5.

Chapter 4 are those bird things which should be easy enough to deal with (you can also grind healing seeds from that chapter as well, for boosting ,etc)

Here's how it works. Do not delete the demo bubble before you have the full game just to be safe.

• Put the game in and choose new game.
• Then a pop up appears, which says that the game has found demo data on the memory stick and asks if you'd like to continue from where you left in the demo.
• Choose yes and you're good to go.

Like I said few pages ago, everything except battle stats and playtime seems to carry over.

Thank you

ZeroAKA

Before entering a quest, there's a list of fixed rewards that are guaranteed to drop depending on your rank. Sortiara and Avalon bosses give you completely different rewards. Sortiara bosses also feel much easier for me, so I used them as practice to get familiar with their attack patterns.

Top Bottom