• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Debating on whether or not I should get this digitally...in other words is this one of those games like hot shots that I'm going to want always on my vita...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Debating on whether or not I should get this digitally...in other words is this one of those games like hot shots that I'm going to want always on my vita...

Its a great game that you will want to come back to with lots of (free) DLC down the road. Considering its a 200 hour game, I think going digital if you think about coming back to it is not a bad idea.

I'll take your word for it... really itching for a great new vita game but i'm more of a solo kinda player.

Its really a great game and I am not planning to play much MP either. The core gameplay might not be your cup of tea, but thats something you didnt ask about :p

You'll have to use more grinding in SP since you cannot rely on your AI buddies, but the grinding in this game is actually fun and never seems completely mindless since I always found myself working towards a goal and was rewarded constantly with small things like an upgraded spell or a level up, or a new sigil, or better allies. You will need to replay levels, but the fighting system makes that rather interesting and challenging if you want the best possible rewards. Really a magnificient system they thought of here. If that description isnt off-putting for you, I doubt you will have big regrets over buying the game (although you could just... try the demo which gives you an additional spell for the full game on top of fully transferring your demo progress)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Add me to the list!

Commish - tigerheli (NA)

I'm finally getting the hang of the game. Amazing atmosphere.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Cmon, join us online sometime. Way mare fun online and it is a lot of fun offline still.

I might do so. I havent yet beaten Cerberus and he seems almost impossible to beat on my own. I tried some MP online for the first time today, but I fear that some coordination is quite advantageous in this game.

I might do so. I havent yet beaten Cerberus and he seems almost impossible to beat on my own. I tried some MP online for the first time today, but I fear that some coordination is quite advantageous in this game.

Yeah, I kept failing on Cerberus as well. But then I got a invite from someone on my freinds list and as a team we steamrolled that mother.

Rasec

My first fears and impressions of this game got buried on the comments but i'm still trying to give my best and i finally beat harpy but i'm still unable to do chains.

I use the tri fire spell thingy so she gets burned, then ice so i can use volt as chain but i still can't get results.

Got my first golem also *__*
Still afraid that when game comes out there will be big gaps on levels and i'll never be a good choice for any team but time will tell.

ZeroAKA

Still afraid that when game comes out there will be big gaps on levels and i'll never be a good choice for any team but time will tell.
If it makes you feel better, I'll probably be behind for a while too due to my finals starting next week. The more dedicated players can always help you grind a bit for better offerings. :p

Rasec

If it makes you feel better, I'll probably be behind for a while too due to my finals starting next week. The more dedicated players can always help you grind a bit for better offerings. :p

I'm in a similar situation and I would think that a few other GAFfers will be like that too.

I plan on playing this game a lot when it comes out but I won't be putting in the same amount of time (or be nearly as good) as some of the people I'm reading about on here. I'm also skittish about multiplayer as I don't like being a burden to a group of people and I don't like playing with random dicks on the iternet. So maybe we can start a "B team"... :)

I like the idea of neogaf b-teams.

All the pro players in here gave me good tecniques and ideias to win the bosses but they also scare me that i will never be a good allie for them on online games xP

Silly i know but that's how i feel. But i must say all this talk helped me a lot on getting to know more about the game and some good spells.

ZeroAKA

I like the idea of neogaf b-teams.

All the pro players in here gave me good tecniques and ideias to win the bosses but they also scare me that i will never be a good allie for them on online games xP

Silly i know but that's how i feel. But i must say all this talk helped me a lot on getting to know more about the game and some good spells.
If you feel uncomfortable, you can always go for a safer support loadout online. Shields, healing, and attack boost (Vimblossom Fruit) offerings are very helpful, especially since so many people here are using glass cannon builds.

My first fears and impressions of this game got buried on the comments but i'm still trying to give my best and i finally beat harpy but i'm still unable to do chains.

I use the tri fire spell thingy so she gets burned, then ice so i can use volt as chain but i still can't get results.

Got my first golem also *__*
try using trip fire until you get the "infernal hell" badge in the top right of the screen. then hit her with ice continuously until she frozen, and finally strike with lightning/volt.

I wouldn't worry about levels too much because I think having the knowledge to know what to do in a specific situation is better than powerful spells/strength. for example I've seen fully leveled people online using the wrong elements when it's clear they shouldn't be(fire on jack really?).

tm24

I dont know if i should get digital or physical. If i get physical, i probably have to wait until wednesday due to amazon using fedex smartpost instead of UPS. If i go digital, Grace Chen Time is play. Either way I'm not going to be able to play in a timely manner

Rasec

If you feel uncomfortable, you can always go for a safer support loadout online. Shields, healing, and attack boost (Vimblossom Fruit) offerings are very helpful, especially since so many people here are using glass cannon builds.

That's a nice idea. I ussually the one that still has healing when everybodys dying xD.
I try to call them and use the heal area to help but most of the time they ignore me xP.

Guess since i'm going for a balanced level i have more resistance since i'm 10/10 and online i always see 1/19 or 5/15.

Sometimes i think if my choosing of leveling is the correct one or not but i like this way.

try using trip fire until you get the "infernal hell" badge in the top right of the screen. then hit her with ice continuously until she frozen, and finally strike with lightning/volt.

I wouldn't worry about levels too much because I think having the knowledge to know what to do in a specific situation is better than powerful spells/strength. for example I've seen fully leveled people online using the wrong elements when it's clear they shouldn't be(fire on jack really?).

Thanks, i'll try harpy again tomorrow to see if i can do the chains like it should be.

I always try to only use renew offerings when i used all my spells, whistle to call the boss to me so me partners can be saved or get behind a golem and see if the boss gets caugth.

I must thank you and other gaf members here for the tips xP.

ZeroAKA

I always try to only use renew offerings when i used all my spells, whistle to call the boss to me so me partners can be saved or get behind a golem and see if the boss gets caugth.
Sacrifice monsters to replenish your offerings instead of using renew points.

What time does the embargo go down? Know I'm getting it no matter what but I want to see some new footage :D
Why not just look up Japanese gameplay videos?

Sacrifice monsters to replenish your offerings instead of using renew points.

Why not just look up Japanese gameplay videos?

I don't want to spoil myself completely, Japanese videos I might come across the last boss or something of that nature. With the reviews coming out they won't show late game elements. Not to mention I still do want to read some of the reviews, just don't really see it affecting my decision to get the game.

Edit: And yay, who quoted me seems to be working again.

I think we made a very good team last night. ;)

Ken

I've yet to find the AoE heal; where is it from?

Man, I wish they would come out with a LE book filled with all the lore. I just discovered even the locations have lore to them and have loved reading them. Something like a dev LE with some further background on places and archfiends would be awesome.

Also, almost 20 hours logged in the demo...this freakin' game.

Foxix Von

I'll be up for some stuff in a minute if anybody's still going.

Yeah it's still up! I only managed to get in one cerberus round before I had to play some all star racing with the ladyfriend :D

Good game guys. That was one of the easiest cerb fights I've ever had.

Lucent

uhhhh crap. I'm not in it right now and I forgot. I think it might have just been called gaf. It at least had gaf in the title lol

lol. Well I just realized you can press Select and it'll show their PSN IDs so I guess I can look for that too.

Lucent

Damn randoms are dumb. Just venting.

Yep. They can be. Some are really good but others are like "hah I sacrificed this guy right away! oh crap I just got myself killed and there was nobody left alive to revive me lol I'm awesome at this game!" lol

Nooooo.
I'd join but my roommate is on the internet downloading Adobe software. :(

I haven't been able to find the room so I can't join either.

Sorry everyone was finished for the night and I got lonely and left. lol

Where in the world are you guys getting the Vimblossoms? I only have one Wallblossom.

Sorry everyone was finished for the night and I got lonely and left. lol

Where in the world are you guys getting the Vimblossoms? I only have one Wallblossom.
it was fun while it lasted. i only left because i ran out of lacrima.

i just replay the first story chapter over and over. kill the first 3 goblins, collect their souls, kill yourself with sanguine, or timesand and ask sortiara to sacrifice you killing the next 3 goblins. takes a little over a minute, and you don't waste lacrima.

it was fun while it lasted. i only left because i ran out of lacrima.

i just replay the first story chapter over and over. kill the first 3 goblins, collect their souls, kill yourself with sanguine, or timesand and ask sortiara to sacrifice you killing the next 3 goblins. takes a little over a minute, and you don't waste lacrima.

Sounds easy enough. Is there a surefire quest to farm timesand?

ZeroAKA

I use the Jack quest so that I can increase the affinity of AI partners at the same time, which is probably how I maxed out Endeir. Timesand drops from Jack too.

VanWinkle

Did my first online match on the demo. Lasted about 30 seconds, asked somebody to save me, got sacrificed, and spend about 5 minutes watching them fight. That was...fun?

I use the Jack quest so that I can increase the affinity of AI partners at the same time, which is probably how I maxed out Endeir. Timesand drops from Jack too.

after you posted about the affinity i tried out a few quests. i let my allies sacrifice me at what i thought was close to the end. then i was treated to about 10 minutes of my allies just standing around healing eachother.

ZeroAKA

after you posted about the affinity i tried out a few quests. i let my allies sacrifice me at what i thought was close to the end. then i was treated to about 10 minutes of my allies just standing around healing eachother.
There are some cues that let you know if a boss is getting really close to death though. For example, Jack slouches and walks at a snail's pace. After a while, you learn when to suicide so that the sacrifice offering will always instantly kill him. I can pull it off with 90% accuracy now.

ZeroAKA

What should I be bringing in my satchel as support/tanky divine?
Shield and AoE spell for sure and maybe a support spell (usually attack). A lot of randoms I've played with online completely ignores the Vimblossom Fruit though. I'm surprised they're not even a bit curious about the tree with glowing fruits that I just summoned in front of them. >.>

There are some cues that let you know if a boss is getting really close to death though. For example, Jack slouches and walks at a snail's pace. After a while, you learn when to suicide so that the sacrifice offering will always kill him.

yeah i wasn't looking for any signs. the only thing on my mind was "why haven't you given me le+, se+".

on the bright side i'm only 5 or so saves away from the other outfit.

Ken

Shield and AoE spell for sure and maybe a support spell (usually attack). A lot of randoms I've played with online completely ignores the Vimblossom Fruit though. I'm surprised they're not even a bit curious about the tree with glowing fruits that I just summoned in front of them. >.>

What AoE spell(s)? Im not sure which are support spells either.

Does a shield's element matter?

Top Bottom