• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

What AoE spell(s)? Im not sure which are support spells either.

Does a shield's element matter?

healing bloom is aoe heal. any of the fruit trees are good: attack+, defense+, and speed+.

corrosivefrost found that the lightning shield will block Cerberus red bolts. i tried it today and it totally worked.

ZeroAKA

What AoE spell(s)? Im not sure which are support spells either.

Does a shield's element matter?
AoE heal and Vimblossom Fruit are the most useful IMO. Any shield will do, but the ice shield will not be able to withstand some of Cerberus's lightning attacks. Tips for a support build:
  • Summon two Fruit trees at the beginning of the quest so that every member of your party could potentially get a stat boost. Try to place them in a visible and easily accessible area.
  • If someone has a shield up, use the AoE heal behind him. If someone is using an AoE heal, put a shield up in front of him.
  • Use the shield to block Jack's rolling ball attack and Cerberus's dash attack. If you're successful, they will be knocked down to the ground for a period of time. Follow up with hard hitting spells such as ice offerings against Jack, stone offerings against Cerberus, or golem.

B.O.O.M

Did my first online match on the demo. Lasted about 30 seconds, asked somebody to save me, got sacrificed, and spend about 5 minutes watching them fight. That was...fun?

If they sacrificed you that quickly then you had a pretty dumb team. Better to have a few rounds with some gaffers ;)

CrovaxPSO

Finally got all 3 extra costume colors. I think the white looks best, but there's something special about the gold one.

Is there any way to track how many saves/sacrifices you have? I've been adding up my boss essences but I know it's not exact since I've changed some arm carvings.

ricochetguro - dlynchster (NA)

Will have on launch day likely, won't be able to play regularly until the Wednesday of next week due to exams though. Will still be on a bit.

Just seen what you'll look like if you go 1/99 (Chaos Mode Level 2) - not sure if it looks really cool, or literally covered in fecal matter, which is uncool o_O

Anyone seen a 99/1 build yet? It has to be like an angel or something...

Just to clarify, in the full game there is a 100 cap? So you can never go 100/100? Pretty sure that's the case but just need to plan out my route. Don't want to be covered in shit as earv describes but don't want to be weak either, shouldn't be getting hit if I play well anyway right?

Just to clarify, in the full game there is a 100 cap? So you can never go 100/100? Pretty sure that's the case but just need to plan out my route. Don't want to be covered in shit as earv describes but don't want to be weak either, shouldn't be getting hit if I play well anyway right?

Level 100 is the cap, and yeah you can't do 100 Holy or Chaos. Also, I've seen some videos of good Divine builds that solo monsters with ease, so it just depends on what Sigils and Offerings you have. Any build should be viable, really.

tm24

Yay! Game shipped via UPS! Means i'll get it on time! Does anyone else get so many deliveries that they know thier driver? My driver will actually alter his route to get me stuff early if its something huge, like my IPad, pc monitor or my last pc case

Lucent

Yay! Game shipped via UPS! Means i'll get it on time! Does anyone else get so many deliveries that they know thier driver? My driver will actually alter his route to get me stuff early if its something huge, like my IPad, pc monitor or my last pc case

lol that's awesome. And yeah I've had a UPS guy remember me because I ordered stuff several times a month. I moved to another apartment within the same complex and he delivered to my new apartment and was like "Yeah I thought you moved somewhere" and handed me my package. I haven't had anything delivered in awhile though.

Lucent

Do i need to reach something in demo to get those bonus items when transfering save ?

I don't think so. I think a save is all you need. I think the only bonus you get is a golem. Everything else you get is what you had in the demo.

Extra costumes? In the demo?

Extra colors. There's white color you can get for saving 100 bosses, black color you get for sacrificing 100 bosses, and then I think a gold color for doing 500 either/or combined. And the color is only for the costume you were wearing all that time. =[ Gonna take a lot of boss killing if you want all colors for all costumes. I'm fine with the one I'm currently wearing so I'll just unlock them for that one. But if I do find a costume I like more in the full game I'll get that. lol
6a9f240d203b8c5b.jpg

Joined a random game earlier and met some cool peeps. Someone kept dying to Cerb and wanted to get Sacrificed, but I kept saving him because it was too early. I did end up Sacrificing the player near the end sinde he insisted. At the lobby, the player called me out and thanked me for constantly saving him - that was a nice thing and I hope more of the community is like this.

repeater

Is there a review embargo on this game? I didn't think Sony usually did those, but the game is out in a day in the US and a couple of days in the EU, and I still haven't seen a single proper western review of it. What's up with that?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is there a review embargo on this game? I didn't think Sony usually did those, but the game is out in a day in the US and a couple of days in the EU, and I still haven't seen a single proper western review of it. What's up with that?
The game is LONG.

Hanmik

there is an Embargo (almost every game has an embargo).. Tuesday 30th. April 09.00 CET.

jwk94

I don't think so. I think a save is all you need. I think the only bonus you get is a golem. Everything else you get is what you had in the demo.

Extra colors. There's white color you can get for saving 100 bosses, black color you get for sacrificing 100 bosses, and then I think a gold color for doing 500 either/or combined. And the color is only for the costume you were wearing all that time. =[ Gonna take a lot of boss killing if you want all colors for all costumes. I'm fine with the one I'm currently wearing so I'll just unlock them for that one. But if I do find a costume I like more in the full game I'll get that. lol

That's far too much content. Where can I track how many ties I've sacrificed/saved bosses?
3AQmK.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
there is an Embargo (almost every game has an embargo).. Tuesday 30th. April 09.00 CET.
Its probably a good thing in this case that reviewers have more time with the game.

repeater

The game is LONG.
Meh, anyone who's played the demo for a couple of hours can clearly see this is 10/10 GOTY material. ;)

My impression is that most games are extensively reviewed at least a couple of days before release. But maybe that's a faulty impression due to the fact that I don't usually buy games on day one (except Vita games, which sadly aren't always extensively reviewed ayway) and hence don't bother keeping perfect track of release dates.

anddo0

Its a great game that you will want to come back to with lots of (free) DLC down the road. Considering its a 200 hour game, I think going digital if you think about coming back to it is not a bad idea.

That's it. I'm going digital. I'm fairly confident that the same DLC GS is offering will also be available to PSN buyers for at least two weeks. I view SS, as my "go-to" game. So, easy access is going to be key.

Shoyz

I wish Gold was 500 combined, but that they also offered mish-mash versions.
Specifically..
100 Saves = White Outfit
100 Sacrifices while wearing the White Outfit = White Outfit with Red Decals
100 Sacrifices = Black Outfit
100 Saves while wearing the Black Outfit = Black Outfit with White Decals
(Decals being the glowing bits)

Black Outfit with the White gloweys would be gorgeous.

well judging by what everyone is saying I'm gonna go ahead and assume something went wrong and gold didn't unlock. I don't actually care about the color. I just hope nothing is wrong with my save file.

SharkJAW

well judging by what everyone is saying I'm gonna go ahead and assume something went wrong and gold didn't unlock. I don't actually care about the color. I just hope nothing is wrong with my save file.
Are you positive it was 100 saves with the black outfit on? Because I had to do about 15 more saves after unlocking the white outfit because a few of my saves were done before I even started wearing the black outfit.

To clear it up for everyone (stolen from GameFAQs):

Goes like this:
(Wearing whatever costume you want the extra colors for)

1) Sacrifice 100 boss enemies to unlock the black color
2) Save 100 boss enemies to unlock the white color
3) Save 100 boss enemies while wearing the black color OR sacrifice 100 boss enemies while wearing the white color to unlock the gold color

Are you positive it was 100 saves with the black outfit on? Because I had to do about 15 more saves after unlocking the white outfit because a few of my saves were done before I even started wearing the black outfit.
this is possible, but I was pretty much in straight up sacrifice everything mode until I got the black outfit. I'll give it a try in a bit. If I'm lucky it'll only be a few saves away.

so much for just going through the story chapters and the lore again today like I planned.

Toma

If we get a group together, how long would Cerb take?

kiyomi

I'm liking this game a lot but i think i'm still a rookie and i'm afraid that when the game is out a lot of people will be high level and i'll be very behind since i don't have much time to play and the multi stops being fun to me or i'm afraid of being an burden to other players. ;__;

I'm still unable to win harpy and i still take 15 min on solo, with AI, to kill jack.

Well, at least i'm trying on multi to help with some healing area spells, only use renew offering when i almost used all my spells and finally trying to boost my spells but i don't have any golems, i think xD, and not sure how that blood spam spell works, so for now i'm working with ice, fire and lightning spells,and trying to get some chains going.

Also i'm kinda balanced, 8/,7 when i see all people here were more like 5/15 . So not sure if my balance levels helps in the future.
I'm having fun and i like the sorcerer's ordeal story so i guess i'll buy the game even if i get behind in the online games.

Yeah, this is kinda where I am too. I've unlocked the MP, but my one experience of it with randoms was a bit underwhelming. Got kicked out of one because I wasn't 1/19 (a lot of rooms seem to be only accepting players with 1/19 builds), and the only game I actually got into, my two teammates were even worse than me!

I'm already bowled over by the amount of knowledge people here have accrued, you guys are amazing! But I just can't see myself keeping up with it unless I cane it hard for a few days, which is not really going to happen. Hopefully there'll be some kind of Soul Sacrifice reject team for those of us who have been left behind a bit.

If we get a group together, how long would Cerb take?

With some of us? Blink and you'd miss it.

Found a nice random group doing LE+ grinding last night when I couldn't get into the GAF room (and once in there, I liked it, so I wasn't leaving, sorry VanWinkle. :)).
One of the first rounds yielded this:

2013-04-28-234712tisba.jpg

Number45

I think I'm sitting in the middle ground at the moment - I'm never going to be top tier but I understand the mechanics and am working towards good builds for each of the encounters. There are times when I play with randoms when it seems like I'm the only person who understands the mechanics, and times where I feel like I'm costing the rest of the team time.

I'm getting there. Fucking love the game though, I haven't been this involved/interested in the mechanics of a game since WoW. :)

Toma

5-10 minutes if the party isn't made up completely of pure Life builds.

With some of us? Blink and you'd miss it.

I'd be interested in joining a group then to finish Cerb at least once. I want to get the feeling of accomplishment of finishing the demo. I can take that tree thing with me that raises the attack power. I dont have a support build otherwise, anything else I should take with me for attack? Havent properly played him yet.

DSmalls84

Add to list please:

PSN-DSmalls84

I gave the demo a whirl yesterday and was hooked pretty quickly. I think I was lvl 15 when I quit. The online mp is great though and I plan on playing that when I have wifi available. Should have my copy tuesday afternoon from Amazon.

I love that SS basically affords me to play my favorite class in any game:

Medic! <3

Now if there was only a better way to communicate to people that you wanna heal them....
I already do lotsa saving though

Top Bottom