• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

wilflare

944649_514105305293037_1574793711_n.jpg

game is out in my home country as well! yay! but I'm waiting for Grace Chen lol
wonder if this version was reversible covers!

ZeroAKA

game is out in my home country as well! yay! but I'm waiting for Grace Chen lol
wonder if this version was reversible covers!
Those red Soul Sacrifice Vitas look so nice. A bit off-topic, but does Singapore still sell the Hatsune Miku Vitas by chance?

meh, i called playstation support of spain and they told me to wait until tomorrow to activate the codes. I told him that the redeem period of the preorder stuff began on 28/04/2013 according to the preorder bonus flyer. But whatever, guess i'll wait until tomorrow.

ZeroAKA

According to a post on GameFAQs, the Japanese voice acting takes up 546MB. Can anyone confirm this? This game is giving me PSASBR patch flashbacks.

According to a post on GameFAQs, the Japanese voice acting takes up 546MB. Can anyone confirm this? This game is giving me PSASBR patch flashbacks.

Yep, it's true. I love japanese voice acting, but I'm not deleting 2 PSN games to get them (also, I usually played the demo without sound)

wilflare

Those red Soul Sacrifice Vitas look so nice. A bit off-topic, but does Singapore still sell the Hatsune Miku Vitas by chance?

seems like it's a yes! haha but only the white version
http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/news/pressDetail/274740

(I didn't know my home country has these goodies... maybe I should gotten mine locally.. but dang they are expensive)
got my Vita bundle for 179USD (the Amazon AC:L bundle)

the Soul Sacrifice Red bundle is 439SGD (1USD = 1.3SGD)
the Hatsune Miku bundle is 538?SGD but that was in 2012

I haven't been checking and the PS blog is blocked here at work, but do we know yet if we get access to the preorder bonus stuff for digital copies in the US store?

racing for like... sacrifice refills?
eh... that's normal. sometimes you just have to learn to out maneuver them.

Besides, when my digital copy gets here, your BSFF Frost will be ready to go!

I tend to dislike how they essentially steal monsters they saw you kill. If you dont have offerings, lure the boss to kill some of them, but don't steal from someone who killed a monster out of need. ARGH.

Number45

I tend to dislike how they essentially steal monsters they saw you kill. If you dont have offerings, lure the boss to kill some of them, but don't steal from someone who killed a monster out of need. ARGH.
Yeah, the etiquette is tough on that one because it's not always possible to see who killed what. I try to avoid them unless I'm desparate (and I'll whistle others if I kill and don't need them).

Yeah, it's annoying. But I make note of them.
And then I play another round.
And if they really have pissed me off and I haven't seen them do a single worthwhile thing?
The second they eff up and die? I'm there sacrificing their asses. :>

--

With all patches and current DLC, how big is the game?

racing for like... sacrifice refills?
eh... that's normal. sometimes you just have to learn to out maneuver them.

Besides, when my digital copy gets here, your BSFF Frost will be ready to go!

haha seriously can't wait for you guys to get your copies. it's gonna be so much fun :)

everybody's racing to others kills because they know they can level up again. in the demo people hit max and only took what they needed.

should come in at about 2.2 gb or so.

Yeah, the etiquette is tough on that one because it's not always possible to see who killed what. I try to avoid them unless I'm desparate (and I'll whistle others if I kill and don't need them).

I'm talking about people who stand still next to you while you're killing one of those (so annoying) cats and then have the nerve to steal from you. Right now, if I see the host doing that i simply step away and forget about it, as the host will always have the benefit of having the 0 delay input.

Yeah, it's annoying. But I make note of them.
And then I play another round.
And if they really have pissed me off and I haven't seen them do a single worthwhile thing?
The second they eff up and die? I'm there sacrificing their asses. :>

--

Yeah, when they do that, I put the message: wrong move. And as soon as they're on the ground begging for their life... SACRIFICE.

Number45

I'm talking about people who stand still next to you while you're killing one of those (so annoying) cats and then have the nerve to steal from you. Right now, if I see the host doing that i simply step away and forget about it, as the host will always have the benefit of having the 0 delay input.
Ah, I see. :(

vg260

Confirmed on Twitter, not the blog apparently.

It's confirmed on the blog too:
"For fans who would like to purchase the game via PlayStation Network, we’re pleased to finally confirm that — for a limited time –you will also receive the exclusive pre-order offerings that we’ve been promoting for physical reservations of the game:"

haha seriously can't wait for you guys to get your copies. it's gonna be so much fun :)

everybody's racing to others kills because they know they can level up again. in the demo people hit max and only took what they needed.

should come in at about 2.2 gb or so.

If you really want to level up, grind a few of the offline missions, people. If you're going to be a dick, no sense in playing online. It's not like the experience +2 magic or whatever you get from the fodder is going to make a real difference if you're level 20 or so.

I hope the additional DLC doesn't take up HUGE amounts... but I can deal with 2.2 and my preorder content.

I wish stat tracking was better though -- I find myself wondering how many sacrifices or saves I've done wearing one of my outfits. :\

Anyway, I'll be on with it tonight, for certain... let's get a group going at some point.

Yeah, when they do that, I put the message: wrong move. And as soon as they're on the ground begging for their life... SACRIFICE.

Exactly. And there's pretty much no stopping me if they sacrifice me mid battle while I'm saying save me. Do that and the only redemption you'll find is if I somehow die before you again and you pick me up. ;)

It's confirmed on the blog too:
"For fans who would like to purchase the game via PlayStation Network, we’re pleased to finally confirm that — for a limited time –you will also receive the exclusive pre-order offerings that we’ve been promoting for physical reservations of the game:"

Sweet! Good to know. I didn't really feel like paying for the JP voices, but I do want them.

Just received an email from Amazon with my code for the pre-order DLC.

Package is out for delivery. Checking front door every 30 minutes. RAAAAAAGE

Rootbeer

Banned
Hey... Vita sitting on my desk... if you're going to break this year, please let it be now so I can secure me one of those hot red Vitas before it's too late!
Just received an email from Amazon with my code for the pre-order DLC.

Package is out for delivery. Checking front door every 30 minutes. RAAAAAAGE
Got my DLC too. As usual I probably won't get my amazon delivery until about 5pm and i'll be sleeping before work at that time :p

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
the game just keeps reeling me in. thought i was done and over it. thought I ws getting bored of the boss hunting aspect....but i booted it up last night before bed, and i find myself playing another hour's worth.

finally got that lava armband.

havent unlocked everything in the demo though yet.

my 4gb can't handle this game >_< need E3 asap! gtta know if thre will be a card price drop or bigger cards..

test_account

XP-39C²
Those soul shards you pick up used for? And all those stuff like Goblin LE (or something like that) you get sometimes when doing sacrifices, what are those?

test_account

XP-39C²

ZeroAKA

Oh. I somehow thought it would be additional trials (as in quests) for PS+ users. Would have been nice...
The game is getting 10 more bosses and other DLC content for free in the coming months. ;)

Does the HP go up when you level up HP by the way? If i click on the arm, i see that it says i got 1000 HP, but even if leveled up from level 9 to 10 on HP, it stills says i got 1000 HP.
Only your defense and attack increase, depending on whether you're leveling up Life (saving enemies) or Magic (sacrificing enemies). The only way to boost HP is by using Sigils.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I didn't pre-order until yesterday, so I won't get it until tomorrow, but that's cool, because I'm off work tomorrow to spend time with my wife for our 4 year anniversary, and I'm still deep into Persona 4. I'll see if I can squeeze in some SS time at some point tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

test_account

XP-39C²
I got my copy earlier today. I've enjoying the game so far. Seems like there is a lot of combination in what you can do with the weapons (combining different weapons etc.).

Only your defense and attack increase, depending on whether you're leveling up Life (saving enemies) or Magic (sacrificing enemies). The only way to boost HP is by using Sigils.
Ah ok, i see. Thanks again :)

Top Bottom