• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Ryuukan

New PlayStation Blog post and launch trailer is up! (It's the Japanese live action trailer along with some gameplay footage).

"My own life story has been the inspiration of this game. I was put in a lot of situations where I had to make tough decisions. I learned that things don’t go well just because you want to be famous or rich or a better person. You have to constantly think what you’re willing to give up or sacrifice to make things happen. In the past, in order to make interesting games, I had to give up on my sleep, or time with my family. I had to make these tough choices to create interesting games. I also had to give up my status and position when leaving my previous job in order to run my own company. But sometimes, you have to give up something in order to start something, and I thought bringing this to the game would bring realness to the game and create something that players have never been able to experience."

Megaman sacrificed for everyone's benefit

TentPole

I am really enjoying the Grimore framework. Reading through the story reminds me of the awesome dream sequences from Lost Odyssey.

ttocs

Question for those who played the demo. This might be a spoiler, not sure...

When you have to fight your partner (the girl you were accompanying and she became your friend, etc.) can you save her? I tried and she got right back up and kicked my ass. When I tried again and sacrificed, the mission completed. Is it possible to save her or do you have to sacrifice fellow sorcerers in the story?

jwk94

Question for those who played the demo. This might be a spoiler, not sure...

When you have to fight your partner (the girl you were accompanying and she became your friend, etc.) can you save her? I tried and she got right back up and kicked my ass. When I tried again and sacrificed, the mission completed. Is it possible to save her or do you have to sacrifice fellow sorcerers in the story?

Nope, gotta sacrifice her =/

ttocs

Nope, gotta sacrifice her =/

Does this happen again in the story? I know you can save/sacrifice monsters who in turn are sometimes humans, but do you have partners in the story you can save/sacrifice or do you always have to sacrifice them?

jwk94

Does this happen again in the story? I know you can save/sacrifice monsters who in turn are sometimes humans, but do you have partners in the story you can save/sacrifice or do you always have to sacrifice them?

As you progress, you can choose to save or sacrifice bosses. Saving them makes them your AI partner, sacrificing them....well, then they're not your partner and they end up like Sortiara.

Twinduct

come on.. they are based on peoples "OPINIONS"... not everyone likes the same kind of games..

Everyone seems to like a hyped up AAA game though :p
I kid!

Surprised it scored an 8 though. Western press doesn't generally seem pretty fond of this genre.

lol listening to reviews. Come on, folks.

God, I really wish my Vita wasn't sitting in Fort Wayne right now getting fixed...and Cool Dude who took my info on the phone misspelled my email address because he was too busy trying to pitch the PS4 to me, meaning I can't get status updates. I love corporations.

jwk94

come on.. they are based on peoples "OPINIONS"... not everyone likes the same kind of games..
I never understood why people get so up in arms about reviews. If somebody doesn't like a game, then fine. I tend to use reviews as a way to learn more about the game, then i'll watch some gameplay to see if I'd enjoy it.

God, I really wish my Vita wasn't sitting in Fort Wayne right now getting fixed...and Cool Dude who took my info on the phone misspelled my email address because he was too busy trying to pitch the PS4 to me, meaning I can't get status updates. I love corporations.

Sounds like we're neighbors.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I don't get it either. You like what you like and it doesn't matter if you like a bastard child. I mean an unwanted...I mean...there's no way I can say it right.

You will enjoy the game the same no matter what people say~

vg260

Yes, pre-order items finally confirmed.

If I've only messed around with the demo for a little bit, will that give the special unlockable automatically, or is there something I need to have done?

ttocs

Yes, pre-order items finally confirmed.

If I've only messed around with the demo for a little bit, will that give the special unlockable automatically, or is there something I need to have done?

From what I understand, you get them for importing a save. Could be wrong though but I couldn't find anything that said you had to reach a certain point int he demo to get stuff.

Flying Get

cdo93yv9jxr7pe3iv.png

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Our copies were just picked up from EBGames. We'll have to wait until this evening, obviously, but I'm getting excited.

I can only hope the store updates on time for everyone else. ;-)

DeVeAn

I loved the Demo and need something to play on the VITA. I just can't spend money atm. Also I have a shit ton of games I still want to catch up on 3DS, PS3 and PC. I feel bad too because VITA needs a hit.

ZeroAKA

THe only reason i want to buy the physical game is because of sortiara on the reverse cover. Oh well, i'll get it eventually. Digital for me for the time being.
That's a generic player character on the cover, not Sortiara. I could be wrong though.

Reviews are pretty much what I expected and many of them sum up how I feel. It's a good game and the people that dig this sort of thing will think that reviewers are crazy for acknowledging it as merely being good.

ttocs

Darn it. Now I'm wishing I bought the physical version. I even took the day off. Now to wait for Grace Chen to do her magic.

Whenever you take a day off work to play a game, always get the physical copy and get it from a store like gamestop or target, etc. if possible. I've wasted too many days off waiting for the UPS guy or waiting for the psn store to update. Either do that, or take the day after a game comes out to take off.

haven't actually played yet. just looking around menus, and combining stuff from the demo.

come at me Cerberus!

update: how do i get this smile off my face :p

Azull

Got my copy :D. I am curious though, the pre-order bonus, is just included with the online voucher or something? I put the online code in and on the icon there was "+DLC" on it. Another thing it didn't actually download the online pass or show it on my download list, possibly cause the store hasn't updated yet?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Question for the people that played the Western demo - was cross region multiplayer available (EU with US)?

Top Bottom