• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Ken

Finished up the left page of Avalon pacts. Hope to finish the right tomorrow, do some farming, and then kill magusar.

nampad

Wicked Socerer Questline chapter 4:
You can't save/sacrifice the slime?

Edit: question answered. They should have let the player start the animation, the sudden ending felt weird. Especially because I thought I failed or something because my AI partner was dead.

jumping from the demo to the full game is kind of overwhelming with all the quests that open up. That said i'm enjoying the game immensely including the world building which surprised me, enjoyed the side quest chain with the sorcerer guy. Anyway, hope to get some coop games later on.

Grinchy

Banned
I feel like hosting is the way to go if you wanna do MP. Just change the title of the room to reflect exactly what you're going to be doing and it will fill up in 30 seconds with people who actually want to do the same thing.

Interesting.

I was going for balanced. But now I may go 20/80.

Is difficult to go to balance. Stats-wise, going "white" is better, but in the short term, sacrifice give you better score on missions (you get points for sacrifice and more damage means faster missions) and also you get offrends charges (that is better that a little life burst).

ZeroAKA

Is difficult to go to balance. Stats-wise, going "white" is better, but in the short term, sacrifice give you better score on missions (you get points for sacrifice and more damage means faster missions) and also you get offrends charges (that is better that a little life burst).
Actually, I've felt almost no need to ever save enemies besides bosses when sacrificing them seems much more useful in battle. Why would I want a small HP heal when I can restore my healing magic instead? I would have decided to go 1/99 if it weren't for the ugly Dark form "costumes."

Went home late last night.

Logged to the sony store website, bought the game and put it in queue.

Woke up this morning, and the game was downloaded and ready.

The future is here folks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Actually, I've felt almost no need to ever save enemies besides bosses when sacrificing them seems much more useful in battle. Why would I want a small HP heal when I can restore my healing magic instead? I would have decided to go 1/99 if it weren't for the ugly Dark form "costumes."

That's how I see it. Not sure of the benefit of going white when I can heal myself. Perhaps on harder bosses it will make more difference.

Ugly? ....

diffusionx

Gold Member
Is there a way to respec in this game? It's still really early for me (both levels under 10) but I don't know what I want to do.

Number45

Is there a way to respec in this game? It's still really early for me (both levels under 10) but I don't know what I want to do.
In the demo you can rewrite levels when you hit level 20 (max for the demo), so I assume the same becomes available as you hit max level in the full game.

kiyomi

Does this game have an option to hop in random available online games or do you have to just use people on your friends list?

You can search for an open room, and you can also 'quick-join' a room if you just want to hop into some action straight away. You don't need them on your list. :)

ZeroAKA

Want to play this in order, so the levels besides the chapters are basically farming missions?
The missions on the right side are part of the main story, and the Avalon Pacts are extra missions that can be played in MP. There are also a few Fellow Sorcerers quests inside Avalon Pacts, which are smaller stories that do not tie directly to the main story.

Great games last night Agent/Cinnabon/Obsolete/Zero.
We'll have to do it again!

For anyone looking to get the achievement for doing the 5 element hells on a boss, get the element hour glasses... I was able to fuse lightning/ice/fire/stone hourglasses at some point last night. Then go in, get venomous hell, and then proceed to rotate through the other 5. I just jumped into Sortiara Ch. 3 and did it on Jack.

wilflare

I wished they included in the Lore enemy weaknesses... but I guess that takes out the part of exploring the best ways of defeating them

For anyone looking to get the achievement for doing the 5 element hells on a boss, get the element hour glasses... I was able to fuse lightning/ice/fire/stone hourglasses at some point last night. Then go in, get venomous hell, and then proceed to rotate through the other 5. I just jumped into Sortiara Ch. 3 and did it on Jack.
ha I actually fused all the hourglasses, and did this right after we logged off.

and yeah we gotta do that again. it's actually my preferred way of doing the Avalon missions.

ZeroAKA

Thanks for the advice. I won't be able to play again until late next week due to finals, unfortunately. :(

By the way, have you seen the Stats menu under Network > Multiplayer? It gives you ton of information about you and the people you played online, including their current offering palette and most used offerings. I've locked you and Agent already.

wilflare

So you guys get limited edition Hatsune Miku and Soul Sacrifice Vitas as well as stores that actually stock region 1 and region 3 Vita games? Why haven't I moved to Singapore yet?

Region 1 games are slightly more expensive here... The store actually stocks R1, R2 and R3 games.. so we are free to choose from whichever is more price competitive :)

But the prices aren't always the best... some of us save more by shopping online (Play-Asia/Amazon) and ship the items back in bulk... but for those who want to avoid the hassle, the local store does have a pretty good price :)

I guess the grass is greener on the other side... when I was in the States for an exchange semester, I absolutely love Amazon/Bestbuy/Target for their various deals... esp Amazon for Prime/Credit/Discounts and more...

the only bad thing is.. that the Asia PSN store is really poor... think the weaknesses of EU + US PSN combined lol

I get the feeling this game is gonna be the game of my summer.

Also, the graphics are damn gorgeous in my opinion.

I also want to get involved online, it seems as though an already great game becomes even better when you're with a team.

seady

Will I miss anything if I continue from the demo to the full game (as compare to start fresh from the full game)?

suikodan

I did pre-order the game and should be receiving it today. I have some questions:

1- Do I need to finish the demo for the extra items that it will provide to the full game?

2- Since I did pre-order the physical version, should I be expecting the "extras" that come with the digital pre-order?

ZeroAKA

I did pre-order the game and should be receiving it today. I have some questions:

1- Do I need to finish the demo for the extra items that it will provide to the full game?

2- Since I did pre-order the physical version, should I be expecting the "extras" that come with the digital pre-order?
1. No, you just need a save file.
2. Since it seems that you bought it online, you should have received a code for the pre-order bonuses. Some retailers don't offer the bonuses though. (I know Newegg doesn't.)

Letep

I am only playing the demo right now, but the weirdness of the monsters and environment are really wonderful already.

suikodan

1. No, you just need a save file.
2. Since it seems that you bought it online, you should have received a code for the pre-order bonuses. Some retailers don't offer the bonuses though. (I know Newegg doesn't.)

Thanks for the answer but can I delete the demo without touching the savefile? Can I do it via Content Manager?

wilflare

hmm seems like the Avalon Pacts reshuffled everything from the demo

Can no longer find Jack/Cerberus/Harpy

and ZeroAKA... I can see why you say it's overwhelming... there are so many options :O

anddo0

Some dude bitched at me because I didn't come when he whistled, wtf?

He later explained it was a team move. But then he started to do it at random.
So how am I supposed to know when he really needs help?

He then pulled a dick move started to steal kills from me :/
Prime example of why I don't play online.

ZeroAKA

How do i increase levels of my AI companions ?
Bring them on missions.

Thanks for the answer but can I delete the demo without touching the savefile? Can I do it via Content Manager?
The Vita save file is tied to the game bubble, and there's no way to separate the two. You'll have to keep the demo, import the save into the full game, and then delete the demo.

hmm seems like the Avalon Pacts reshuffled everything from the demo

Can no longer find Jack/Cerberus/Harpy

and ZeroAKA... I can see why you say it's overwhelming... there are so many options :O
Good news for you (very minor spoilers):
in the first Jack battle, you fight two of them at the same time.

wilflare

Good news for you (very minor spoilers):
in the first Jack battle, you fight two of them at the same time.

HURRAY! :D hahaha by the way, which AI is lost going from Demo to Full game.

the number of new offerings, boosts, fuses and missions/layouts... can get rather overwhelming omg

Grinchy

Banned
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to finish downloading this game...

If it is pausing over and over again, try hitting the power button to go into standby instead of letting it go naturally. It downloaded much better in standby that way for me (and a couple others in the thread).

If you just meant that your internet speeds suck, that's a bummer.

Top Bottom