• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Foxix Von

Sorry for those in the Gaffin' channel, got logged out of PSN :/

Ah! We were wondering what happened. Ended up losing that fight anyway XD

We got super close though before I let myself get killed, and rather than being sacrificed I got saved =/ and then we all died again in unison haha.

wilflare

GAT DAMN this game is everything I want in a PORTABLE experience:

- Menu specifically dedicated to just reading/swiping through the lore
- Mission structure that facilitates burst gaming
- actually thoughtful, well done touch interface that isn't intrusive besides swiping for tears
- Bite-size progression that you can just casually chip away at if need be. Not as time-sinky as say MoHun
- It's fast in regards to, like, everything (loading, combat, etc.) and immediately engages me

Overall SS stands as a game, like say Gravity Rush, that was really designed for the system and it shows.

<3<3<3<3

we should all review this game at MetaCritic lol
if I can get the email of Creator Inafune, I would thank him

can't wait to play some games with you folks

ZeroAKA

Just finished the first two Fellow Sorceror stories. Why hasn't Sony cashed in on the game and made a physical version of Librom yet?

wilflare

Just finished the first two Fellow Sorceror stories. Why hasn't Sony cashed in on the game and made a physical version of Librom yet?

are the stories thus far perfectly Single-Player-able? (lol) doubt I'll be able to do much MP :/

gah a LE Librom set would be awesome... (maybe for SS 2)

ZodR_ARG

Neo Member

We got super close though before I let myself get killed, and rather than being sacrificed I got saved =/ and then we all died again in unison haha.

lol
I ran like an idiot towards jack to die, so any of you could sacrifice me... and then you both died, lol
fail

Adahn

It is much more helpful than a roll though for some bosses. The Elven Queen, for example, when goes horizontal and comes after you she is relentless, but a sheild puts a quick end to it. Also shields can help a lot online. Even makes grouping up and healing together easier, since those not healing can use shields to prevent interruptions.

Quick tip if you fancy not using a slot for a shield on a Queen fight for any reason - evading in the four cardinal directions in turn will have her miss you everytime while you kite her around. For instance, if your first dodge is up, then the next one is left, then down, then right, then up again and so forth.

haha, I've never sacrificed anyone in MP or an archifiend. Do you get an extra boost?

Foxix Von

lol
I ran like an idiot towards jack to die, so any of you could sacrifice me... and then you both died, lol
fail

hahah me and Twist were in a party together. She said to go ahead and off myself again and so I figured someone would come murder me this time.

Turns out we both ran to kill ourselves at the same time and she got killed in the crossfire, lmao.
haha, I've never sacrificed anyone in MP or an archifiend. Do you get an extra boost?

Well you lose out on sacrificing the boss for XP but your death causes a TON of damage to bosses, you get a point bonus, extra offering rewards at the of the mission and you stun the boss. So if you've got the boss close to death and don't care about the XP, committing suicide is actually quite beneficial to the team.

Damn how annoying it is that UK have to wait till Friday for the game, means i have the full game downloaded already but cant use it, and now because the game is out in the EU already i cant play online on the demo :(

Oh well, i suppose i had already done pretty much everything on the demo, except power up a couple of spells (mainly golem which is only 1 star). Maybe i will just carry on doing Avalon missions to level up my team.

Fantastic game though, as others have said its pretty much perfect for short bursts while also long enough to feel worth it. Fighting is a lot more varied than given credit by some and the story mode (as much as you see in the demo) seems really interesting so i cant wait for Friday to come :)

great games tonight corrosivefrost, cinnabonjovii, man-is-obsolete, and zeroaka.

@zeroaka we gotta keep you on longer than a couple games, and get you into the chat next time.

@lucent I saw you on and I tried inviting you. hopefully we can get some games in soon.

@cyborg009 hope to catch you tomorrow night.

also man-is-obsolete is some sort of sorcerer. the guy can get into locked multiplayer rooms without being given the password.

Thanks, whats the best way to get the Divine ranking? Any special tips or tricks?

Don't get hit +150
Try to finish the quest as fast as you can +100
Get sacrificed or sacrifice an ally +80
Destroy cursed part +50
Monster weakness +40
Attack cursed part +30
Counter attack +30
First attack +20

wilflare

great games tonight corrosivefrost, cinnabonjovii, man-is-obsolete, and zeroaka.

@zeroaka we gotta keep you on longer than a couple games, and get you into the chat next time.

@lucent I saw you on and I tried inviting you. hopefully we can get some games in soon.

@cyborg009 hope to catch you tomorrow night.

also man-is-obsolete is some sort of sorcerer. the guy can get into locked multiplayer rooms without being given the password.

I wanna join you guyssss :(

What in the hell happened with the localization with this game? Between that and changing the names this is downright strange.

I remember complaining to my friend on Skype. We had just beaten Cerberus. I got 420 - Legendary. He got 300 - Legendary. This kept happening and i assumed they'd just made the EU version harder... nope!

ajim

Picking up my game tomorrow after work! I haven't played the demo so im really looking to playing it and hoping to enjoy it!

Pretty excited

wilflare

Picking up my game tomorrow after work! I haven't played the demo so im really looking to playing it and hoping to enjoy it!

Pretty excited

try playing the demo and then import your save to the full-game. this will net you Spirit's Heart - seems like a pretty awesome spell/Golem :)

Don't get hit +150
Try to finish the quest as fast as you can +100
Get sacrificed or sacrifice an ally +80
Destroy cursed part +50
Monster weakness +40
Attack cursed part +30
Counter attack +30
First attack +20

Thanks so much.

BTW for all you co-op people, how does it work?

Like you can't do single player Phantom Quests together right? But you can do Avalon pacts with friends, is that how it works?

wilflare

for those who imported your save to the demo, can I clarify the following

(1) Spells, Sigils, Arm (level), Costumes (unlocked) are brought over
(2) Stats (in terms of number of high ranked finishes, sacrifices/saves/offerings) are reset
(3) Multiplayer Stats are reset
(4) Trophies are retroactive? meaning the game checks through your save and unlocks trophies retroactively?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Eugh. This game. I think I need to give it more time to sink in - seeing everyone loving it (and given I generally love stuff like this - grinding/leveling/crafting etc) makes me think it just hasn't clicked yet. I think I'm gonna hit the button and order the full copy from eStarland. Invoice week...

Number45

Thanks so much.

BTW for all you co-op people, how does it work?

Like you can't do single player Phantom Quests together right? But you can do Avalon pacts with friends, is that how it works?
Each of the Avalon SP quests has an MP equivalent that you can play either Ad Hoc or online.

ajim

try playing the demo and then import your save to the full-game. this will net you Spirit's Heart - seems like a pretty awesome spell/Golem :)
I've actually got the demo on my vita, just been too busy to play. Might sit down a bit tonight and start a file to get that little bonus!

Thanks for the tip!

wilflare

I definitely would've invited you if you were on when I tried to fill the spot left by obsolete :p

you gonna be on tomorrow?

tomorrow's not good sadly :(
my timezone is GMT+8, what time do you guys usually play!

(school network uses WPA2 Enterprise... lol poor Vita won't work :/)

wilflare

Nah south of you, Indo :p

hahaha I was about to say we should have a SS-Singapore meet up! haha I would be going Bintan.. but I guess you would be at Jakarta! (how's the Vita doing in Indo?)

add me on PSN! wilfareus haha since our timezone is alot more similar!

Lucent

Soul Sacrifice: Sacrificial Edition!

Sold through Digital River!

The same people who provided you with the great Wizard Edition experience!

--

Me and a friend fought the
Wyvern
guy. He ended up owning us. Then my friend had to get off after awhile and I went and soloed him. Almost beat him but the timer ran out even though I killed him, so I failed. Then I fought him again based on what worked for me the first time: using my awesome Divine-quality defense and recovery. Since he moved around so much, I decided to stand by a wall, summon my golem, and just let him attack me while the golem was bashing him and I either healed or launched eggs in his face. I used my black rite after he was near death and killed him. 5 minutes.

I feel bad having to use such a tactic but there it is. lol. I noticed that free golem we got for playing the demo, the boss put him down really fast. Like two attacks. Weird. My venom golem was taking quite a few hits.

After beating that boss, I unlocked a black rite. =D

Got a crappy rank though.

Soul Sacrifice: Sacrificial Edition!

Sold through Digital River!

The same people who provided you with the great Wizard Edition experience!

If nothing else Digital River's fiasco ended up netting me 350 dollars for my Wizard's Edition :D
I've never felt so dirty

Just want to ask again, crawling around your cage is just an easter egg right? As in no items you can find or anything. Squashing bugs was amusing for a few minutes.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
God fucking damnit. Played for 3 hours last night to finish the 2nd chapter. This game is so absurdly awesome. 75% metacritic ranking my ass. GOTY material.

wilflare

God fucking damnit. Played for 3 hours last night to finish the 2nd chapter. This game is so absurdly awesome. 75% metacritic ranking my ass. GOTY material.

It's 77% now! I find the User Ratings... amusing to say the least.
There are 2 Mixed and 6 Negative... but none of the users who gave these scores wrote a review to share their thoughts...

but guess SS isn't the only game to suffer from this.

Number45

European with digital preorder here. Already ported the save from the demo (and I got the golem)

But... how do you get the preorder goodies?
It's not unlocked yet for me (UK), but in my download list I have a pre-order entitlement listing that I assume I'll be able to get at some point.

wilflare

European with digital preorder here. Already ported the save from the demo (and I got the golem)

But... how do you get the preorder goodies?

hmm. Check if you have it under Services List (PSN)

if yes, go to Librom -> Network -> Peddler -> Check Gifts, you should see two different Caskets :)

Top Bottom