• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

It's there anything to keep in mind as far as online etiquette?

Played SP until online opened up and did Cyclops with some dudes. It seemed like they always wanted to be sacrificed, why is that? Is never fainting seen as a negative in this game?

Also, if at the end I sacrifice a monster does that decide the reward for everyone else?

ZeroAKA

Played SP until online opened up and did Cyclops with some dudes. It seemed like they always wanted to be sacrificed, why is that? Is never fainting seen as a negative in this game?

Also, if at the end I sacrifice a monster does that decide the reward for everyone else?
The general rule I go by is to wait until the boss is at red before sacrificing allies unless he/she dies repeatedly. Being sacrificed gives them 80 bonus points to their final scores and a random Martyr reward.

But it doesn't seem to work - I was trying to level that "save them all" chick from demo and despite saving everything in missions they level didn't even budge ?

Do i need to sacrifice/save them ?
No, their affinities just level up very slowly. There isn't a noticeable change until affinity is leveled up past the bars.

Grinchy

Banned

If the boss is almost dead, and they ask for a sacrifice, go right ahead and do it. They might want the martyr rewards. Or they might just feel like they can be more useful at the moment by being sacrificed instead of saved b/c they are out of offerings and the boss is almost dead.

If it is pausing over and over again, try hitting the power button to go into standby instead of letting it go naturally. It downloaded much better in standby that way for me (and a couple others in the thread).

If you just meant that your internet speeds suck, that's a bummer.

I'll have to do that tonight. I was hoping to let it dl overnight, but I awoke to only 100 mbs downloaded. It's also really slower than my internet connection as well, but that's psn for you.

wilflare

am I shortchanging myself if I look up for tips to defeat enemies?
I really enjoyed the game (demo) when I was able to utterly destroy Jacks :X

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
am I shortchanging myself if I look up for tips to defeat enemies?
I really enjoyed the game (demo) when I was able to utterly destroy Jacks :X

You can check out the ingame lore first to see whether there are any hints. Other than that trying for weaknesses and best tactics makes this game so enjoyable for me.

wilflare

You can check out the ingame lore first to see whether there are any hints. Other than that trying for weaknesses and best tactics makes this game so enjoyable for me.

guess I'll do just that. thanks Toma! haha I'm getting pretty overwhelmed. it is no longer the safe familiar environment of the demo... :O

(hmm what's your PSN Toma!)

if you share an offering via near, do you lose it?

nope you don't! share ahead!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
guess I'll do just that. thanks Toma! haha I'm getting pretty overwhelmed. it is no longer the safe familiar environment of the demo... :O

(hmm what's your PSN Toma!)
laever ot etouq

Finding a good online game is kinda of mess, since you really don't know what kind of room you're entering until you're in. Some are dropping hints into the room name as to what quest they are playing, but that might be completely accurate when I join the game and I'm stuck with whatever mission.

Grinchy

Banned
I still do not know what Orcs are weak to. Do they have a weakness? I feel like I've tried everything on them at some point and I've never seen it tell me I found their vulnerability.

OmegaZero

Screw Magusaur. Such a horrible partner. :/
Does nothing but run into walls while getting hit by enemies until he dies because he wasn't healing himself because he's too busy running into walls.

Other then that, this game is fantastic. No regrets.

I still do not know what Orcs are weak to. Do they have a weakness? I feel like I've tried everything on them at some point and I've never seen it tell me I found their vulnerability.

IIRC, Grave Clod offering. The stone fist that rises from the ground.

Cha

Whoa! Didn't know you could share stuff via Near in this game! That's great! Haven't booted up Near in ages.
Still don't have my copy of the game as yet though :/

Grinchy

Banned
IIRC, Grave Clod offering. The stone fist that rises from the ground.

I'll try that out. I've used the other clods against them since they are so susceptible to being hit in the belly but I've just never seen it say I found their vulnerability.

kuroshiki

Doesn't really matter what their weakness is.

Counter = one hit kill.

Drame

Haha! The Gorgon Black Rite really sacrifices the sorcerers vision. Had a blast playing a online match against Griffin through a thumb sized screen, but we made it anyways.

Really cool black rite as you can actually do quite a lot damage with it.

matmanx1

So are LE+ and SE+ just luck based in terms of drops or is there something you can do to increase your odds of getting one? I need a Glacial SE+ to make one of the frost boosting sigils and have run that Glacial Orc mission about 6 times but so far no SE+ have dropped for me.

Gadirok

So I finally got time to play the demo. Its a really good game, just not for me.

I loved the book and story though, the whole oracle of the Sorceress left a solid impression on me and I felt some emotion for Sotiara.

So those mysterious chest offerings, where do you get them from? I have one, but damned if I can remember how I got it.

Seems to fuse into some nice items though, so i'd really like to farm more of them up.

OmegaZero

So those mysterious chest offerings, where do you get them from? I have one, but damned if I can remember how I got it.

Seems to fuse into some nice items though, so i'd really like to farm more of them up.

In the Mad Chronicle, there is a mission in the 4th chapter that offers a chest offering as a Divine reward IIRC.

micah

I have two PreOrder Bonus Codes available to share with GAF. Whoever responds first and claims them will get them.

I beat him online a little while ago.

I doubt I could do that fight on my own.

It is not too bad, but it is hard to get Divine for me this early on. Can't wait to level up and get new offerings and completely destroying this guy. J. o L. was once difficult, remember that? lol

DSmalls84

So what purpose do all the sigils you pick up in missions serve? Are they what you equip in your amor? Seems like I pick up a lot of them.

Edit: Meant to say shards not sigils.

Top Bottom