• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Shoyz

Some Bosses like Cyclops can actually remove Golems.

Are you sure you weren't using the crappy preorder 1-hit-dead golem? Cyclops is DESTROYED with golems.

Flame flame flame onfire golem ice spear stand and wait while he walks into it for ages. Then he'll destroy it when he hammers the floor, walk up and spawn a new golem. Sacrifice something = Win.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It is not too bad, but it is hard to get Divine for me this early on. Can't wait to level up and get new offerings and completely destroying this guy. J. o L. was once difficult, remember that? lol

J.o.L?

Oh! The lantern!

Actually, I only thought that Cerb was hard in the demo. >_> The others were all pretty easy.

oh cool. you can lock people onto the recently played with list in the sorcerer stats page. i locked everyone i played with last night onto there.

Boogdud

I wish they were more descriptive about what resources you get from which mobs. I know looking at my arm thinger, I have some requirements for some of the sigils or whatever and they are like Orc SE+ etc. Well I've killed dozens of orcs, but how do I kill a + one? Or find a + one?

Aside from some of the confusion, I really really dig this game.

Are you sure you weren't using the crappy preorder 1-hit-dead golem? Cyclops is DESTROYED with golems.

Flame flame flame onfire golem ice spear stand and wait while he walks into it for ages. Then he'll destroy it when he hammers the floor, walk up and spawn a new golem. Sacrifice something = Win.

Noooooooooo
maybe

Now you're making me want to try it again........and again.........and again.

Sullichin

I may have asked this before in this very thread so my apologies...

I want to get this but would mostly be playing on my commute without internet access. Is it still worth it if I'll be playing mostly single player?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I only played for about an hour last night, continuing from where my demo save left off. I pretty much just farmed a few early missions for spells to level up a bit. I don't know what it is about this game that's so addicting, but it just really grabs me.

Also, it almost looks like the graphics are a bit more polished than they were in the demo. It's not a gigantic difference, but from memory, it just seems like it's looking better visually.

There are many more Avalon Pacts than there are main story missions. Don't forget about the extra mini-stories either. :)

Ohhhhh, ok. I thought he was saying that all of the single player content was
<7 hours

PHEW!

Loving this game btw, but I don't need to tell you guys that. I'm sure you know the feeling ;)

Boogdud

Ohhhhh, ok. I thought he was saying that all of the single player content was
<7 hours

PHEW!

Loving this game btw, but I don't need to tell you guys that. I'm sure you know the feeling ;)

Yeah there are a ton more missions and even side-character stories and whatnot. I spent last night going through the companion stories which aren't even related to the 'main story'. The portion I think he was referring to is just one aspect of the single player content.

wilflare

hah! i just wanted to try it out since i had received a few things myself. what did you get?

the things you can send aren't all that powerful.

lol, wilflare stop accidently sending gifts.

edit: and i just got a saplingroot(tri) from you zero

oops! my bad! haha I just pressed it... and near showed no confirmation that my gift was sent.. lol

I can't remember what I got.. ><

EDIT: zero what did you get from Agent? lol

EDIT: Agent, I just got Icy something Clod from you (second item)

Why can I send Vimblossom Fruits? It's one of my most used offerings.

Use a Black Rite, sacrifice an ally, or get sacrificed by an ally.

Ah, ok. So not really much you can do in the beginning section. I'm still just farming stuff in the first section and it seems like once in a blue moon the black rites thing comes up.

Lucent

89/11 and 11/89 are the the ways to go if you want to focus on one stat without being locked to just that one Divine/Dark costume.

Gonna do this then. lol.

Also holy crap at the people already planning on beating it soon. How do they have time for that? Or even why would you run through it that fast? I thought it was supposed to be about at least 25 hours solo too. Mmm..

FlyFaster

Just wanted to say thanks to blitzcloud, wilflare and others who answered my questions about SS.

I've now done more research and watched a ton on youtube videos. Like I said, I'm looking at picking up a handheld but... I think I;m gonna end up going with a 3DS. As great as SS sounds there is nothing else interesting to me on the Vita and it's more expensive.

Also MH4 will be out on 3DS... Not sure when we'll see MH hit a sony console again.

anyway, thanks for all the input guys.

ryushe

I feel like, even after a couple of hours in, I still don't have a good grasp on what spell loadout I should be using regularly or what spells compliments each other (or if at all). Each situation calls for a different set of spells and its kind of bewildering given this games vast number of them. I know you can save a load, but that doesn't really help.

I also wish you could have two spells active at the same time, or at least have the start-up time be instantaneous. Hopefully as you level them up, the start time to cast them lessens and lessens.

Is there a way to change the stats after you hit 100? Like if I do 50/50 but want a different split later?

Yes. You pay some amount of lacrima to basically downlevel a stat.
So in the demo, you could pay 20 lacrima to downlevel 1 on either side for a max of 5 at a time due to the 100 lacrima ceiling placed on the demo.

Seems to still be 20 lacrima per... so right now my 18/24 build could go to 1/24 by paying 340 lacrima. Or I could go to an 18/18 by paying 120 lacrima, I could even downlevel one side first, then the other, if for some reason I wanted to start over.

I feel like, even after a couple of hours in, I still don't have a good grasp on what spell loadout I should be using regularly or what spells compliments each other (or if at all). Each situation calls for a different set of spells and its kind of bewildering given this games vast number of them. I know you can save a load, but that doesn't really help.

I also wish you could have two spells active at the same time, or at least have the start-up time be instantaneous. Hopefully as you level them up, the start time to cast them lessens and lessens.

Startup time is part of spell balance. I don't think you'll get your wish. Best you can do is cast the trees and then cast something else while the tree is sprouting.
As far as general loadout, find spells that feel right to you.
I carry a general loadout that usually includes at least 1 melee type, 1 projectile type, and 1 healing type. The elements and choices depend on the situation, but I have two loadouts I use ALL THE TIME:
(1) Stunlock: ice root, fire root, shock root, sanguine cannon, treefiend, healing
(2) Ice overload: ice root, ice projectile, shock root, ice sword, ice fist, attack+

Depending on what spells *feel* right to you, you should stick with those... like the melee spells? bring some healing, some armor maybe, and some evasion buffs. Like the distance game? Bring mid/homing attacks and just make sure you follow the element flow chart so you have at least 1 spell to strategic attack once they're in element hell.

I look at the enemies/rewards before I start the pact and go into it with one of those. Once you play a a pact, you'll have a better idea if you need something special. The game doesn't really penalize you for using the wrong element so much as it rewards you for using the right one.

Just wanted to say thanks to blitzcloud, wilflare and others who answered my questions about SS.

I've now done more research and watched a ton on youtube videos. Like I said, I'm looking at picking up a handheld but... I think I;m gonna end up going with a 3DS. As great as SS sounds there is nothing else interesting to me on the Vita and it's more expensive.

Also MH4 will be out on 3DS... Not sure when we'll see MH hit a sony console again.

anyway, thanks for all the input guys.

I don't think you can go wrong with either console. If one has more games you're looking forward to right now then go with that. I've enjoyed both consoles a lot, even with the occasional dry spells they have.

Yes. You pay some amount of lacrima to basically downlevel a stat.
So in the demo, you could pay 20 lacrima to downlevel 1 on either side for a max of 5 at a time due to the 100 lacrima ceiling placed on the demo.

Seems to still be 20 lacrima per... so right now my 18/24 build could go to 1/24 by paying 340 lacrima. Or I could go to an 18/18 by paying 120 lacrima, I could even downlevel one side first, then the other, if for some reason I wanted to start over.

You can't downlevel at all in the demo right? You're talking about the rewrite lv thing under right arm right?

I have to look at the menus more. I didn't realize sigils boost your right arm.

Top Bottom