• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Grinchy

Banned
Man, I love the online for this game. I made a room called AvalonII&III. People joined immediately and stayed for a while. And everyone was good. Had to leave tho.

If I rewrite history with one of my saved allies and sacrifice them, do I lose that ally? Trying to finish all the paths for the Avalon Paths I. Innocence, but I've got to sacrifice an AI partner I've been using alot. :/

Yes.

But then you can just rewrite it again afterwards and get them back.

Finally beat the Cyclops. All you gotta do is thrown down an ice blanket + icetree root then exploit weakness with lightning. Sanguine cannon'd its spear thing, then threw down another ice blanket before it got up. Frozen again.

Took 8 minutes, but I managed to finish it off with Soldier's Ember. Almost done with the story mode!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So... How do you beat the online levels? We're in a level with like a canyon and it seems to just be a big loop and the enemies never stop respawning.

Its a level that requires you to find soul shards. Press down on the d-pad and look for blue small energy balls.

So... How do you beat the online levels? We're in a level with like a canyon and it seems to just be a big loop and the enemies never stop respawning.

We had to find shards.

It took me a while to figure it out too.

You press select and the mission objective shows.

To see the shards you need to use dec vision pressing down on d pad.

The friendly fire in this game leads to some hilarious and frustrating moments lol.

Right now I'm farming to get better spells because after barely beating the Cyclops I know I need to grind more.

Only on level 20 anyways. 9/11 is the split for me right now.

Lucent

i know this probably won't make you feel any better , but get the assassin's wingtip from the wyvern asap. the one we got last night is only 1 cast but it lasts 90 seconds. so if you use it and renew it'll last you pretty much the entirety of most missions. if you could get a couple and level it up even better. your dodge is replaced by going underground and leaving a dark purple trail behind you.

Certain rank? I beat him solo last night and didn't get one of those.

Certain rank? I beat him solo last night and didn't get one of those.

to get some parts you have to break off a piece of a boss. like earlier i was talking about the captain's tentacles offerings. you don't get them unless you break something. i don't know if you need a high score as well so let me know if you find out.

Lucent

to get some parts you have to break off a piece of a boss. like earlier i was talking about the captain's tentacles offerings. you don't get them unless you break something. i don't know if you need a high score as well so let me know if you find out.

I'm pretty sure I broke his face. I don't remember if I broke anything else. lol. I'll probably try again tomorrow.

Like I said earlier, I used a somewhat cheap tactic. Since I'm mostly on the Divine side, I just cornered myself and summoned golems and armor and let the golem beat on me and Wyvern because he teleports too much for me to do anything otherwise. I launched Irondrake Egg(M) at him several times, too. lol. Beat him in 5 minutes but I got hit a lot so I didn't get any unscathed bonus or anything.

Any button? I'm not even sure what a fiend mask is. :p

Basically it turns the user into a golem and the user can controll it. My friend had to press X on me while I was doing it.

I'm pretty sure I broke his face. I don't remember if I broke anything else. lol. I'll probably try again tomorrow.

Like I said earlier, I used a somewhat cheap tactic. Since I'm mostly on the Divine side, I just cornered myself and summoned golems and armor and let the golem beat on me and Wyvern because he teleports too much for me to do anything otherwise. I launched Irondrake Egg(M) at him several times, too. lol. Beat him in 5 minutes but I got hit a lot so I didn't get any unscathed bonus or anything.

Basically it turns the user into a golem and the user can controll it. My friend had to press X on me while I was doing it.

Does a prompt come up? I might have been too far away when he started but as I got closer I didn't see it really do anything.

Lucent

Does a prompt come up? I might have been too far away when he started but as I got closer I didn't see it really do anything.

Yeah you might have to get close and if you see nothing step back and come back til you see it. You can do a prompt to people who are stunned too and I think you get bonuses.

we did that as a group, and i believe corrosivefrost used the black rite gleipnir so we just started beating the crap out of him. try to break the wing next time.

Lucent

we did that as a group, and i believe corrosivefrost used the black rite gleipnir so we just started beating the crap out of him. try to break the wing next time.

Yeah my friend has that rite. I dunno why I don't have it yet. Guess he did something I didn't. I got the rite from Wyvern though. I'll have to break the wings. Would make more sense to get that drop from wings. Heh.

Think both you and him tried getting me to join but I was in a room with my friend already. I'll have to try to play with you guys sometime tonight or whatever when you guys are up to it.

Yeah my friend has that rite. I dunno why I don't have it yet. Guess he did something I didn't. I got the rite from Wyvern though. I'll have to break the wings. Would make more sense to get that drop from wings. Heh.

Think both you and him tried getting me to join but I was in a room with my friend already. I'll have to try to play with you guys sometime tonight or whatever when you guys are up to it.

once you get to 20 in life you get a new black rite. same goes for 20 in magic as well.

yeah definitely.

Agent, Frost, save a spot for my lowly character. Should be on around 10 EST

that was fun yesterday. we did a whole bunch of missions.

ZeroAKA

your thinking about it all wrong. by the time your done with finals next week we'll be able to help you get some badass offerings :p
I've been wondering about that, actually. If there's a person in a group who hasn't unlocked a quest yet, can the host still pick that quest? If so, I'm totally leeching off of you guys.

Lucent

once you get to 20 in life you get a new black rite. same goes for 20 in magic as well.

Ah. I guess I'll stop deleveling my magic lol. Actually I noticed that climbing the levels like how much exp is needed is dependent on the divine/dark levels and not the total. Like even though I'm level 20 divine and it goes slow leveling that up, my like level 3 dark levels up multiple times off of a boss. So getting 99/1 or 1/99 would take longer probably than 50/50.

I've been wondering about that, actually. If there's a person in a group who hasn't unlocked a quest yet, can the host still pick that quest? If so, I'm totally leeching off of you guys.

hmm, i guess we'll have to find out.

Ah. I guess I'll stop deleveling my magic lol. Actually I noticed that climbing the levels like how much exp is needed is dependent on the divine/dark levels and not the total. Like even though I'm level 20 divine and it goes slow leveling that up, my like level 3 dark levels up multiple times off of a boss. So getting 99/1 or 1/99 would take longer probably than 50/50.
yup, that sounds about right.

sorry guys. i tried to join you in the neogaf room for a few quick games, but sometimes it when i join a room 1 person in there will stay stuck on "connecting..." and it won't let me press "ready".

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've been having a great time this evening with two player ad hoc play. Multiplayer seems like it'll be fun to go through, with all the branching story paths. I like it!

Yes. Back during the JP release, I was doing Avalon quests much further ahead of where I actually was.

Top Bottom