• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Lucent

Just wanted to say thanks to blitzcloud, wilflare and others who answered my questions about SS.

I've now done more research and watched a ton on youtube videos. Like I said, I'm looking at picking up a handheld but... I think I;m gonna end up going with a 3DS. As great as SS sounds there is nothing else interesting to me on the Vita and it's more expensive.

Also MH4 will be out on 3DS... Not sure when we'll see MH hit a sony console again.

anyway, thanks for all the input guys.

Yeah, I think that's a good choice, honestly. I have both a Vita and 3DS XL and if it weren't for this game my Vita wouldn't be getting as much play time. The 3DS has a lot now and has a lot confirmed for it this year. It's gonna be awesome.

That being said, I hope the Vita does pick up soon. It's an amazing piece of hardware. The raised dual analog sticks make this game comfortable to play. I could never do that claw thing on Monster Hunter. >_<

the fellow sorcerers stuff is really cool. i just finished the carnatux(awesome character) one. they are like mini stories/missions, and it helps to learn about more of the different kinds of sorcerers in this world.

i wish we got the outfits i see on allies and side characters. the stuff we got just isn't as great.

You can't downlevel at all in the demo right? You're talking about the rewrite lv thing under right arm right?

I have to look at the menus more. I didn't realize sigils boost your right arm.

I downleveled like 800 times in the demo. Went from 8/12 to 5/15 to 1/19 to 16/2 to 1/19 and everything along the way.

It's on the same "right arm" area of your configuration as the sigils -- instead of "carve sigil" you choose "rewrite level".

Yeah, I think that's a good choice, honestly. I have both a Vita and 3DS XL and if it weren't for this game my Vita wouldn't be getting as much play time. The 3DS has a lot now and has a lot confirmed for it this year. It's gonna be awesome.

That being said, I hope the Vita does pick up soon. It's an amazing piece of hardware. The raised dual analog sticks make this game comfortable to play. I could never do that claw thing on Monster Hunter. >_<

See, I'm exactly the opposite. I just acquired a 3DSXL and the only thing it will be used for is to satisfy my nostalgia tooth when it calls. I'm happy enough with it from what I've played of Luigi's Mansion 2, but there is NO CHANGE the console could eclipse any of my playtime with my Vita.

I downleveled like 800 times in the demo. Went from 8/12 to 5/15 to 1/19 to 16/2 to 1/19 and everything along the way.

It's on the same "right arm" area of your configuration as the sigils -- instead of "carve sigil" you choose "rewrite level".

Ya, it's completely grayed out for me... Weird.

Edit: Ah..... I haven't exited out in a long time and you have to listen to the book talk to you about it. Whoops!

wilflare

Ya, it's completely grayed out for me... Weird.

hmm think you have to clear at least the Sotiara's quest for it to become available to you (or more) have you started on the Avalon Pacts?

Just wanted to say thanks to blitzcloud, wilflare and others who answered my questions about SS.

I've now done more research and watched a ton on youtube videos. Like I said, I'm looking at picking up a handheld but... I think I;m gonna end up going with a 3DS. As great as SS sounds there is nothing else interesting to me on the Vita and it's more expensive.

Also MH4 will be out on 3DS... Not sure when we'll see MH hit a sony console again.

anyway, thanks for all the input guys.

glad you came to a decision. I got my Vita when it was on sale so the circumstances are different. both consoles are great but the Vita is my go-to console as its more comfortable and I enjoy the games on it (Guacamelee was awesome!)

hmm if you were to reconsider the Vita, do check out Gucamelee, Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush (get PS+!) :D and with the amount of PSN Sales... I think it may be cheaper to get Vita + games (even with the mem card!)

Mondriaan

MH Bow works best using the claw even when you have dual analogs.

You know what's worse than the claw? Reverse claw when you have the analog and d-pad positions switched around.

hmm think you have to clear at least the Sotiara's quest for it to become available to you (or more) have you started on the Avalon Pacts?

Ya, beat that and first 3 or so avalon. It was because I haven't exited to the main screen to have the book talk to me about it is why. I've just been replaying quests without exiting.

wilflare

Ya, beat that and first 3 or so avalon. It was because I haven't exited to the main screen to have the book talk to me about it is why. I've just been replaying quests without exiting.

ah that makes sense.
bleh Librom should be allowed to talk to you while you are "in the book" like HEY YOU, talk to me.. to get your attention on new unlocks like these

ah that makes sense.
bleh Librom should be allowed to talk to you while you are "in the book" like HEY YOU, talk to me.. to get your attention on new unlocks like these

Ya, I exited out to check for tears and he finally said something it unlocked. Sort of an awkward to do it but I guess it's less of a big deal in the demo.

yikes, i have like 35 allies now.

there are some new homing offerings i got last night/today that i've been trying out, and they're pretty damn good. i've got tyrant's tentacle, firemother's quill, and captain's tentacle. firemother's quill has way better range than your typical fireroot, and has the same amount of power. i gonna try to get more of these to see what they're like when they're a bit more powered up. i hope to find volt and stone equivalents as well.

Yowza @ Resolute Sigil.
+150% Attack, Health = 1.

can't get hit anyways if want those unscathed points :p

Japanese voices kill it, for the story bits/librom at least... not sure about AI/battle... wish it was like Capcom fighters where I could swap the ones I like back to English.

Lucent

See, I'm exactly the opposite. I just acquired a 3DSXL and the only thing it will be used for is to satisfy my nostalgia tooth when it calls. I'm happy enough with it from what I've played of Luigi's Mansion 2, but there is NO CHANGE the console could eclipse any of my playtime with my Vita.

Well, I love RPGs (which besides PSP RPGs the Vita has only a few) and Nintendo's first party stuff. The only games on the Vita that interest me besides the franchises already established on PS3 (Uncharted) or games you can play on other consoles (Ninja Gaiden, Plants vs Zombies, Jet Set RAdio, etc), the only games that are really unique to the Vita for me is this game and Gravity Rush. And it's no lie that there's like really nothing announced for the Vita. E3 could change that but I literally know nothing of any games coming out for it. There are already at least a dozen games for the 3DS announced I'm interested in.

But ummm I don't wanna push this off topic more than I already have so...I dunno. lol

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think you sent me an invite last night. Sorry about not joining. Was playing with a friend. >_<

Not a clue!

Wish Sony didn't send out emails to only 'some' people with a promo item. I feel so incomplete!

You need a code for the spirits feather thing?

I can try to get you one.

yikes, i have like 35 allies now.

there are some new homing offerings i got last night/today that i've been trying out, and they're pretty damn good. i've got tyrant's tentacle, firemother's quill, and captain's tentacle. firemother's quill has way better range than your typical fireroot, and has the same amount of power. i gonna try to get more of these to see what they're like when they're a bit more powered up. i hope to find volt and stone equivalents as well.

can't get hit anyways if want those unscathed points :p

That's the thing about playing with me -- I want all the allies, so you're going to end up with my strategic take to make sure you have them all.. Oh well, if you take an AI at least you can choose the one with the best spells for the job. ;)

And we can go get some more of whatever later tonight, I'm sure. ;)

Shoyz

Well, not need, it's weaker than the normal spells. Just soured by them sending emails to only some people.
Especially in regards to the two $10 email handouts I was skipped on also..woe.

And we can go get some more of whatever later tonight, I'm sure. ;)

yeah i'm gonna play the kraken a few times right now to see if i can get more captain's tentacles, but we need to find where in the avalon quests the phoenix and the hydra are so we can play them together. i say we just keep going through them in order because that's been fun so far.

the funny thing about the allies is some are way better equipped than others in terms of the starter gear.

Grisby

Ok, so I finally dragged myself from Dragons Dogma DA to go to Gamestop to pick up the game. The presentation is freaking ace, I love the book design.

Couple questions:
1) So I take it saving every soul I come across would be a bad thing right? Probably good to have a little balance in there? Also, I keep seeing the 19/2 or whatever in referring to levels; is there a set cap?

2) I thought I had downloaded the Dancer preorder costumes from the store that came on the GS receipt but I'm not seeing them in the portrait screen. Are they MP only?

Shoyz

Sacrifice levels = Attack, Save levels = Defense. The cap is 99 total levels.
Sacrificing monsters refills spell usages, saving gives HP (but is not worth it for that)

To get the preorder bonuses, go to Network - Peddler.

Well, not need, it's weaker than the normal spells. Just soured by them sending emails to only some people.
Especially in regards to the two $10 email handouts I was skipped on also..woe.

i know this probably won't make you feel any better , but get the assassin's wingtip from the wyvern asap. the one we got last night is only 1 cast but it lasts 90 seconds. so if you use it and renew it'll last you pretty much the entirety of most missions. if you could get a couple and level it up even better. your dodge is replaced by going underground and leaving a dark purple trail behind you.

Shoyz

I wish they put the Spell Summary window on the left side in your spell screen. There's a big blank space there, and it obscures your spell list..it's a bit suffocating trying to find spells.

Do you think it's better to use a Fire Golem (300 Atk) against a fire-weak boss, or a neutral 380 Attack? No idea if the 80 ATK or Fire would do more damage.

I wish they put the Spell Summary window on the left side in your spell screen. There's a big blank space there, and it obscures your spell list..it's a bit suffocating trying to find spells.

Do you think it's better to use a Fire Golem (300 Atk) against a fire-weak boss, or a neutral 380 Attack? No idea if the 80 ATK or Fire would do more damage.

i'd bring the fire. it could possibly give you a better chance at activating infernal hell quicker. i personally don't like using offerings without an element because even if someone isn't weak to something you can still get an elemental stun.

Shoyz

i'd bring the fire. it could possibly give you a better chance at activating infernal hell quicker. i personally don't like using offerings without an element because even if someone isn't weak to something you can still get an elemental stun.

Well, for most bosses you can spam them with their weak element when they spawn for an instant lock-down. Then you golem + break them out of it, they fall over, take the full force of golem, while you can whale on them. Not sure if Fire does bonus damage though.

Well, for most bosses you can spam them with their weak element when they spawn for an instant lock-down. Then you golem + break them out of it, they fall over, take the full force of golem, while you can whale on them. Not sure if Fire does bonus damage though.

that is what i like to do as well while soloing.

basically, at what point does an element out do higher base damage? i think the only way to find out which will do more damage is for someone to die in a game and tell you.

game needs a strategy guide. :) sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Whoa holy crap.

Random new entry in the avalon pacts -- bottom right "forgotten pacts".

Agent, we have work to do, later. ;)

oh i wonder what the difference is to have them separate. they got harpy, elven queen, and wyvern in hour of auburn. i hope the 2 blacked out ones are bosses too. it's gonna be fun.

oh i wonder what the difference is to have them separate. they got harpy, elven queen, and wyvern in hour of auburn. i hope the 2 blacked out ones are bosses too. it's gonna be fun.

At first I thought it was just the pacts that were blacked out after you've completed them (from the pacts we'd already completed).
Then I noticed that there was one of those busted pacts where it's partial memory and thought "maybe, not." Especially when there was no Centaur in there. Oh well, we can figure out what order we want to do when we group up -- what time should we aim for?

Alchemy

Got in some lunch time sacrificing, love this game. I think I got some bonus spells from the demo or my preorder and now I just feel like a badass. Giant golems beat slapping enemies with frost hands.

At first I thought it was just the pacts that were blacked out after you've completed them (from the pacts we'd already completed).
Then I noticed that there was one of those busted pacts where it's partial memory and thought "maybe, not." Especially when there was no Centaur in there. Oh well, we can figure out what order we want to do when we group up -- what time should we aim for?

a few hours earlier than yesterday if that's cool with you. so around 8 or 9 est.

Baust

If I rewrite history with one of my saved allies and sacrifice them, do I lose that ally? Trying to finish all the paths for the Avalon Paths I. Innocence, but I've got to sacrifice an AI partner I've been using alot. :/

Top Bottom