• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

NIN90

Awesome. SS is along with Disgaea 3 one of the only Vita games (to my knowledge) that allow music playback while playing. Love that option for listening to podcasts while playing.

wilflare

Japanese voices kill it, for the story bits/librom at least... not sure about AI/battle... wish it was like Capcom fighters where I could swap the ones I like back to English.

haha I actually like the English voices better after trying the Jap...
the only thing I like about the Jap protagonist voice is.. they meld both the male and female voices giving it some universality

My spells keep running out too fast. Ugh

Awesome. SS is along with Disgaea 3 one of the only Vita games (to my knowledge) that allow music playback while playing. Love that option for listening to podcasts while playing.

Oh, I didn't know it was game dependent. Thought the vita could do that for all games? I just never went through the hassle of dragging my podcasts into my vita. Wish it had a podcast app.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You mean turning on the music by holding the PS Button and selecting it there? I thought most Vita games allow for that feature. At least I know Wipeout did.

Grinchy

Banned
I only noticed a few games not allowing custom music, and one of them was Lumines. That made sense not to have custom tracks for that game, though.

pahamrick

Anyone have any tips for (Late chapter SP boss spoiler)
Monster form Illecebra

I've tried changing my loadouts, changing my sigils, and I still get stomped. Doesn't help that the AI Partner is useless.

Ken

Is there some secret to counter attacking with shield attack or is the timing just strict.

Monster form Illecebra

I've tried changing my loadouts, changing my sigils, and I still get stomped. Doesn't help that the AI Partner is useless.

She rotates between three elements and ends up being weak to three other elements so you can easily get her into three elemental hells early on. She rotates between fire, volt, and ice so bring ice, volt, and a stone offering. You can tell what element she's in based on her aura and attacks. When she lights up for petrify just stand behind her.

Monster form Illecebra

Bring a lot of Egg spells and chuck them at her from afar when she's in two-legged stance. Four-legged stance and roll towards her or block with a shield if you have one. Use Mind's Eye to block petrification attack.

Also, I kept restarting the quest until I got her to have her ice weakness from the start, so I can freeze + lightning + sanguine cannon.

This was a 1/24 build with the +50% attack, -25% defense sigil.

NIN90

You mean turning on the music by holding the PS Button and selecting it there? I thought most Vita games allow for that feature. At least I know Wipeout did.

Most games have a notification pop-up saying "The song has been paused" when I start them up. Just tested it with P4G.

Ken

Any Minotaur strategies?

Nitpick time: load screen for Phoenix fight brings up the generic writing of "I met the victim's family" even though the Phoenix's family is long dead.

Ketch

So just finished watching the GB quicklook for soul sacrifice, and I'm still undecided between this or guacamelee.... I'm mostly looking for something to play like during work trips (one weekend a month)... I've got this PSN gift card, and I think I might just hold on to it a little bit longer, maybe something good will drop.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Some Qs for anyone out there who can help a guy on the fence about picking this up:

- I'm in Japan, playing on a JP Vita using an EU PSN account. How will matchmaking be handled? (I.e. is it based on your account region, your physical region, or your game version, etc.?)

- Can you hook up with people on your friendlist easily? Is cross-region play possible, and is lag bearable?

- I'm considering getting a separate card for my JP account and related games. Would this be the recommended setup for online?

I'm liking the demo and know I'll enjoy the single-player experience, but the multiplayer seems to really be where it's at (long time MonHan fan here), and if anyone's in a similar situation or has some advice, it'd be much appreciated.

Hey all, this got lost a few pages back and I was really hoping someone could drop some knowledge bombs. Cheers!

Rasec

So much fun with the game. Played it all the day.
It's been ages since i last did this with an game.

For now i'm surviving xD

Teknoman

The music is too atmospheric and scene setting to be overtaken by other tracks.

Anyway, I guess every thing else is for SP story/unlocking things, and the Avalon quests the only things you can do in SP or MP?

EDIT: Slimes should be easy since their cursed parts are right in your face at all times. Also fighting a Wyvern felt like a Devil May Cry fight.

Grinchy

Banned
This game is so good. I think I'm 2/3 through the single player mode.

I can't seem to stop playing it. And every time some other line of quests opens up, I end up spending a bunch of time getting divines on them. I have just about 8 hours in the full game now...which I bought yesterday at like 5pm. That is very strange for me these days.

I've tried to make this spoiler free, and everyone already knows about cerberus from the demo and trailers and stuff, so here we go, my mini guide/method for getting the "Use What You Can" trophy.

corrosivefrost said:
Someone on GameFAQs answered this.
You have to 2 4 different things with no offerings equipped:
(1) find an environment area to draw a spell from, in my example, it will be stone shield
(2) find a renew offerings point in the environment, like the corpse piles in the cerberus stages
(3) sacrifice a teammate
(4) use a black rite

You do not have to win. You just need to do these 4 things in 1 fight without offerings equipped.

Best place to do it is in the 3rd chapter of the game for story mode (Fading Humanity Chapter 4).
(1) run toward cerberus, take a few hits to start your life down
(2) run toward the downed teammate and grab the stone shield off the white point on the ground
(3) sacrifice the downed teammate
(4) turn around and look on your left, you should see a corpse pile -- renew offering power
(5) if your normal teammate goes down (mine did in both of my attempts at making this method), save him, this will half your remaining life
(6) now use your black rite, the trophy will pop, feel free to hit select and exit the pact.

So just finished watching the GB quicklook for soul sacrifice, and I'm still undecided between this or guacamelee.... I'm mostly looking for something to play like during work trips (one weekend a month)... I've got this PSN gift card, and I think I might just hold on to it a little bit longer, maybe something good will drop.

Owning a Vita and not owning Guacamelee is a crime.
That said, many of us in here will also say the same about Soul Sacrifice.
You have just admitted to two felonies.
Run. The cops are coming.

Holmes

I don't have much time to play the game just yet, but I'm having fun. Just beat that one Centaur boss in Innocence whose name escapes me... damn, it was annoying. Whenever I would catch up, it would just run away again. But I finally froze it and it was pretty much cake from there. Once it unfroze, it was down to red.

Does anyone have any offering recommendations or tips for early game? I've beaten Several Years Later and I'm almost done with the Innocence pacts. I've been relying a bit on the pre-order offerings, which I think is unwise.

wilflare

man I really need to get my offerings in order...
and I still don't have enough Lacrima to recover from the Black Rite (that I did during the demo) lol

DigitalOp

Banned
Shit...
I feel so behind.. damn..

I finally got a copy guys. I feel so LTTP.

Might hop online a little later tonight, Ill let yall know

Ketch

I
Owning a Vita and not owning Guacamelee is a crime.
That said, many of us in here will also say the same about Soul Sacrifice.
You have just admitted to two felonies.
Run. The cops are coming.

If it were only that simple. If you could only get one which one would you get? Right now I'm leaning SS for the longevity

If it were only that simple. If you could only get one which one would you get? Right now I'm leaning SS for the longevity

I put over 40 hours into the demo alone, so yeah, Soul Sacrifice is the better value for the $.
Gaucamelee cross-buy was totally worth $12 and supporting a small studio like DrinkBox.

Shoyz

Doppelganger
Illecebra
is unstoppable..it's like offline demo Cerberus if shields didn't stun him and he killed my golems in one hit, ugh.

Shoyz

I'm at the same point. No wonder Magusar and the Sorcerer hate her so much.

Weakness is randomized, just gonna keep restarting it until I get ice, and freeze her right off the bat. Homing Sigil for ice path + 150% one-hit sigil to hopefully kill her in one golem + sacrifice combo..maybe.

Top Bottom