• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

FaceDa

Banned
After seeing how many people are going full chaos I kind of want to go Divine now... I have some good healing spells fused up too but with Dark Arm they're kinda useless.

I just don't want to suffer in single player because I can't kill anything... also the Dark Sigils seem to be cooler so far.

FaceDa

Banned
Actually is there ANY sort of guide or wiki online? I'm kind of playing this blind as I go lol, would be nice to know if I'm doing things wrong.

How do I do the "Shocks" people are talking about? Is it like Freeze > Burn, Petrify > Venom, Shocked > whatever?

Can bosses only be petrified/frozen if that's what they're weak to?

I hope some of you find this helpful. While trying to find those SE/LE +/++ shards, it's better to do those higher level Avalon Pact quests where you just kill smaller monsters or gather soul shards (these are where enemies will keep spawning until you finish the quest). The next set of information I found on GameFAQs:

Basically, when you walk up to Save/Sac a monster, one of three things can happen.

1.) It's dying, and you receive a +2/3/4, etc to the respecting alignment.

2.) A message in the middle of the screen appears and says it has a "Good/Evil Soul". These tend to give you more towards your alignment, but minus to the opposite alignment. So you'd get +4 Life, -2 Magic.

3.) A message appears, like above, saying the monster has a Berserk/Divine soul. Bigger alignment gain than above, bigger alignment loss for the opposite. Tends to be +6/-3 for me.

tl,dr:

- The harder the quest, the better the chance. 3* Avalon gives 100% chance under the right conditions. . . For me. It might not be exactly 100%, but it's a VERY good chance.

- What are the right conditions? The monster you're sacrificing has a Good/Evil/Divine/Berserk soul. Check the dying monster before you sac/save to see if it has it.

kiyomi

Got my copy from ShopTo today, so I'm happy. I'll be playing later, so if anyone on GAF wants to team up with a newbie.. then *cough*.

ZeroAKA

Just as a heads-up especially for people who frequent the Vita thread, this month's Vita challenge has to do with Soul Sacrifice:

May Challenge: Jack O' Sacrifice(Soul Sacrifice Double Jack Speed Run)

The Challenge: Avalon Pact IV (Atonement) -> Flaming Desert Heat
Objective: Use any means necessary to complete this quest in the shortest time possible! If there is a tie, the winner goes to the person with the highest quest score.
How to Enter: Take a screenshot of your results screen(score AND time) in a PM.

The cutoff date for this challenge is May 31st, 2013. Good luck!
Send a PM to The Grim Heaper if you want to give it a try! The winner gets to pick next month's Game of the Month game and bragging rights.

Add me to the Gaf list, have to wait till tomorrow for it to unlock but i am eager to get playing after spending quite a long time on the demo :)

Dirtyshubb - Dirtyshubb - (UK)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm glad that I haven't hit a "gear check" wall like I did in the Wii MH. Some of the bosses were incredibly hard, but I managed to make it through with sacrifices.

ajim

Aussies - picked up my copy after work just then from eb games. Where are my preorder goodies? Only got a network pass?

Can anyone help me out with this? I per-ordered through eb games and am supposed to get Japanese voice overs, costumes and something else. How do you redeem them?

Also, beat Harpy on my first go - felt pretty good, relatively intense too. Good stuff.

ZeroAKA

Can anyone help me out with this? I per-ordered through eb games and am supposed to get Japanese voice overs, costumes and something else. How do you redeem them?
Did you check to see if there was a code printed on the receipt? That's how pre-order codes are usually handled.

Mendrox

Just bought the game .__.
Did play the Demo till Multiplayer was avaiable and really liked everything so far but hopefuly I will have the time to sink my teeths into it :)

And hopefully my PSN Account wont be banned because of my CFW PS3 ;_;

I assume that none of the european preorders got the special items yet?

Is that physical or PSN?

I pre ordered mine through PSN and got the game and spells (i think) to download but it wont let me download the costumes to my vita but will to PS3?! Strange thing is it even installs on PS3 rather than stay as a bubble.

ZeroAKA

Is that physical or PSN?

I pre ordered mine through PSN and got the game and spells (i think) to download but it wont let me download the costumes to my vita but will to PS3?! Strange thing is it even installs on PS3 rather than stay as a bubble.
I could be wrong, but those pre-order bonuses are all just added to the services list tied to your account. There doesn't seem to an actual unlock file to download. At least, that was how it worked with my digital copy on the US PSN.

Ohnonono

Almost finished with the main Magusar storyline. After that I will start the Avalon pacts and hit up multiplayer. Female Hunter armor is where its at son.

Interfectum

So I started the game and am loving it so far. Right now I'm just going through the chapters and killing shit solo. Should I be grinding yet or is that after the 'story mode' is complete? Also, when does the option to do multiplayer come up (or have I not seen it in the menus)?

Ohnonono

So I started the game and am loving it so far. Right now I'm just going through the chapters and killing shit solo. Should I be grinding yet or is that after the 'story mode' is complete? Also, when does the option to do multiplayer come up (or have I not seen it in the menus)?

So far I have not needed to grind in the story mode. There are some hard fights though. I am taking it like you though and waiting till after the Magusaur story to hit up the Avalon stuff.

Foshy

Without spoiling much, are there many bosses that look as disgusting as Harpy or worse? :p

Just out of curiosity, it personally doesn't bother me much.

Ohnonono

Without spoiling much, are there many bosses that look as disgusting as Harpy or worse? :p

Just out of curiosity, it personally doesn't bother me much.

Yeah. At least one that is pretty gross. There is one that in one form looks like Lovecrafts Dunwich Horror. It is awesome.

Copenap

Hey, so I redeemed my pre order bonus code, do I need to download the 500mb file for the extra costumes and stuff or is that only the jp va?

ZeroAKA

Hey, so I redeemed my pre order bonus code, do I need to download the 500mb file for the extra costumes and stuff or is that only the jp va?
That's only the voice acting. I got all of the offerings and costumes without installing that 500MB file.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The costumes are built in (so everyone can see them in multiplayer). You earn them through the peddler in network.

Voice acting needs a download.

ijed

Doesn't appear to be anything on there indicating such a thing. Sigh.

I got an extra code taped to it - apparently there was only a limited number for preorders (or EB was slack) - I made sure I had all mine before I left the store :)

Just to verify a thought of mine, does it have a disappointing or bad made ending?

I haven't fought magusar, but I have finished the book. If the ending of the game is anything like the last chapters of the book, i'd say it has a really nice ending.

Copenap

Ok, so what happens when I want to save an archfiend and a teammate wants to sacrifice?And is the game waiting for all to chose an option or is it like with regular monsters that the first sacrificing or saving can "steal" the xp?

Hanmik

Ok, so what happens when I wantvtobsave an archfiend and a teammate wanta to sacrifice?And is tje game waiting for all to chose an option or is it like with regular monsters that the first sacrificing or saving can "steal" the xp?

you wrote this on your vita, didn´t you..? ;o)

I don´t know how it works if you both try to do a different thing to an archfiend.. but I remember reading about it.. maybe it is mentioned in the digital manual?

Ok, so what happens when I wantvtobsave an archfiend and a teammate wanta to sacrifice?And is tje game waiting for all to chose an option or is it like with regular monsters that the first sacrificing or saving can "steal" the xp?

everyone can get from the archfiend, but we still don't know who it actually obeys (it will only obey the command of one player). I think it has something to do with the damage dealt, as the times it said blitzcloud saved/sacrificed I think I did the most damage.

ZeroAKA

The majority wins. If there is a tie, the first person to make the decision wins (or so I've heard). All players get the experience and LE/SE.

The majority wins. If there is a tie, the first person to make the decision wins (or so I've heard). All players get the experience and LE/SE.

I really dislike how that works. I keep having to quit rooms when you get a group who are all the opposite alignment. basically ensures they will Sac when I want to build up my save, or vice versa.

Copenap

Thanks for the answers,just now I even had the case where the game was waiting for the last one to chose and I guess I'm just the only one wanting to save :/

@Hanmik: post was from my phone and I normally try to fix the spelling but the next match started already ^^

ZeroAKA

I really dislike how that works. I keep having to quit rooms when you get a group who are all the opposite alignment. basically ensures they will Sac when I want to build up my save, or vice versa.
There really isn't a disadvantage to everyone getting the experience though since you can always de-level for 20 lacrima each level, which is basically spare change once you get further into the game.

There really isn't a disadvantage to everyone getting the experience though since you can always de-level for 20 lacrima each level, which is basically spare change once you get further into the game.

It basically wastes your time and lac though. Sure, you get offerings out of it, and a SE, but what i'm trying to unlock may require the LE, or I may be handing to just gain sav levels.

The way the game is designed, you basically have to punish one or another alignment, which prevents proper group play in some ways. Ideally, your group would be all the same build as what you are going for.

ZeroAKA

It basically wastes your time and lac though. Sure, you get offerings out of it, and a SE, but what i'm trying to unlock may require the LE, or I may be handing to just gain sav levels.

The way the game is designed, you basically have to punish one or another alignment, which prevents proper group play in some ways. Ideally, your group would be all the same build as what you are going for.
Good point, but I personally wouldn't want to be in a party with all Life-focused builds because the games would take too much time. I don't want to be in a glass cannon party either. :p

You can always host a room with a more descriptive name like "Harpy LE."

Grinchy

Banned
I also notice that sometimes people are very anxious to save/sac the boss to make sure that in the event of a tie, they get their choice. This doesn't bother me much overall, but sometimes group members are on the other side of the map and they're sprinting over trying to get in on it and they just miss their chance. If that first person could have just waited 2 more seconds...

I also notice that sometimes people are very anxious to save/sac the boss to make sure that in the event of a tie, they get their choice. This doesn't bother me much overall, but sometimes group members are on the other side of the map and they're sprinting over trying to get in on it and they just miss their chance. If that first person could have just waited 2 more seconds...

if i see that kinda situation, golemcast or groundfist spell.

Top Bottom