• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

wilflare

Guys if I'm planning on going solo should I go the divine route?

I'm currently 19/1 chaos.

I was having problems with that... until I started leveling Chaos too.
It'll be good to go somewhat neutral and then readjust to swing to one extreme when you get more offerings/sigils

jorgeton

Anyone know how to unlock more sorcerer side-stories? I have the first two. Played through them last night and I really enjoyed them. Do you get more as the story goes on, or are there specific monsters you have to save?

JJD

I was having problems with that... until I started leveling Chaos too.
It'll be good to go somewhat neutral and then readjust to swing to one extreme when you get more offerings/sigils

Well, I was trying to avoid neutral. I thought the way to soloing the game was building specifically for a role (chaos/glass cannon or divine/tank), but maybe I'll try a jack of all trades character!

Experimenting on this game is really fun! =)

I don't wear helmets on any of the outfits, they make you look generic..especially Holy Mode since that's the -only- outfit you get if you go full holy. Augh!

Female helmet looks awful

So wait, you can't change rainments after you hit 90? Wow, no wonder people are going 89/11 or 11/89.

Can you delevel once to go back to your normal outfits?

Guys if I'm planning on going solo should I go the divine route?

I'm currently 19/1 chaos.

New page and all that so you may not know this, but most are going for 40/40 split first to get all the black rites an then go 60/40 or 40/60 afterwards, and then deleveling to get to 99/1 or 1/99. at 40/40 you should definitely be able to handle nearly anything the game throws at you, especially with the right loadout of offerings and sigils.

wilflare

Well, I was trying to avoid neutral. I thought the way to soloing the game was building specifically for a role (chaos/glass cannon or divine/tank), but maybe I'll try a jack of all trades character!

Experimenting on this game is really fun! =)

I was too.. but I kinda released it did not make much sense.. (maybe it's just me)
to have a Divine Arm IV (or higher) when I do not have the Sigils to fully exploit it...

so I guess the game does want me to go with a somewhat balanced character... and slowly tweak in towards the "end-game"

JJD

New page and all that so you may not know this, but most are going for 40/40 split first to get all the black rites an then go 60/40 or 40/60 afterwards, and then deleveling to get to 99/1 or 1/99. at 40/40 you should definitely be able to handle nearly anything the game throws at you, especially with the right loadout of offerings and sigils.

I was too.. but I kinda released it did not make much sense.. (maybe it's just me)
to have a Divine Arm IV (or higher) when I do not have the Sigils to fully exploit it...

so I guess the game does want me to go with a somewhat balanced character... and slowly tweak in towards the "end-game"

I didn't know that!

Thanks for the tip guys, you rock!!! =)

Yaska

So if anyone else in EU has problems accessing pre-order goodies, here's one guide that should help people. Sorry if this has been posted.

Envisager (EU PSN forums Mod) said:
There seems to be some slight confusion to obtaining the pre order bonuses, to clarify:

If you have pre-ordered the boxed version

After redeeming your Pre-order voucher code, you can access the exclusive costume and offerings in-game by choosing the following sequence of options: "Librom", "Network", "Peddler", "Claim Gift". Story progress is required to unlock the "Network" mode.

If you have pre-ordered the PSN version

To claim your Pre-order content and your Network Pass, navigate to the Soul Sacrifice™ Add-ons page on PlayStation®Store or follow the PlayStation®Store link on the Soul Sacrifice LiveArea™ menu and download the items.

You can access the exclusive costume and offerings in-game by choosing the following sequence of options: "Librom", "Network", "Peddler", "Claim Gift". Story progress is required to unlock the "Network" mode.

Copenap

Played the game for about 5 hours today and gotta say I really really like it so far. Still a bit confused by some locked or 'fogged' quests where I don't quite know what to do.

Cleared the first set of Avalon quests though including the complete Harpy story line. To get the most out of these, isn't it best to go the sacrifice route first and saving in the last quest and afterwards the save line all the way in order to get all allies? Am I missing something? Do these quest lines link to later quest sets as well? Just trying not to miss anything.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just bought the game off of PSN. Had a friend at Gamestop give me a pre-order code for free since they were sold out of copies at the store. I only got to Jack o Lantern in the demo so as soon as I start the real game, does the data just transfer from the demo and I can delete the bubble or what?

Played the game for about 5 hours today and gotta say I really really like it so far. Still a bit confused by some locked or 'fogged' quests where I don't quite know what to do.

Cleared the first set of Avalon quests though including the complete Harpy story line. To get the most out of these, isn't it best to go the sacrifice route first and saving in the last quest and afterwards the save line all the way in order to get all allies? Am I missing something? Do these quest lines link to later quest sets as well? Just trying not to miss anything.

The fogged quests just require you to use mind's eye to see the blue energy spots and collect x amount of fragments of the memory.

Shoyz

Just bought the game off of PSN. Had a friend at Gamestop give me a pre-order code for free since they were sold out of copies at the store. I only got to Jack o Lantern in the demo so as soon as I start the real game, does the data just transfer from the demo and I can delete the bubble or what?

You realize PSN buyers get the preorder DLC for a limited time :p If you haven't used the code, you should give it away instead of using it once you verify you got it.

You hit New Game and it'll transfer over, then you can delete the demo afterwards.

Wynnebeck

Banned
You realize PSN buyers get the preorder DLC for a limited time :p If you haven't used the code, you should give it away instead of using it once you verify you got it.

You hit New Game and it'll transfer over, then you can delete the demo afterwards.

NOOO! I didn't know that! I already redeemed it. D:

Grinchy

Banned
I was sitting here imagining a Soul Sacrifice 2. It would be so awesome if it had like bite-sized Demon's Souls type areas. The battle system could stay as it is (b/c it's awesome already) and you could go through big areas with branching paths, making your way to where the boss is. It could be possible to die just journeying to the boss.

I'd still want the arenas too, but maybe specific questlines could be more of an adventure mode.

I was sitting here imagining a Soul Sacrifice 2. It would be so awesome if it had like bite-sized Demon's Souls type areas. The battle system could stay as it is (b/c it's awesome already) and you could go through big areas with branching paths, making your way to where the boss is. It could be possible to die just journeying to the boss.

I'd still want the arenas too, but maybe specific questlines could be more of an adventure mode.

That woudl be interesting, so long as you avoid the cooldown/farm period between matches like you have in monster hunter.

I'd like to see more variety to trash mobs myself. Stuff like spiders, boars, bears, horses, etc.

Interactive environments could be cool as well. You could use them to corral a boss into some areas, as special damage elements, or have elevation and such matter in terms of attacks.

There are a lot of places they can go with this series, and I can't wait to see how it evolves.

SharkJAW

Finished my finals, so this game is about to be my only sustenance. Looking forward to playing with corrosive, Agent, and Obsolete again.

Grinchy

Banned
That woudl be interesting, so long as you avoid the cooldown/farm period between matches like you have in monster hunter.

I'd like to see more variety to trash mobs myself. Stuff like spiders, boars, bears, horses, etc.

Interactive environments could be cool as well. You could use them to corral a boss into some areas, as special damage elements, or have elevation and such matter in terms of attacks.

There are a lot of places they can go with this series, and I can't wait to see how it evolves.

Yep that would be awesome. I imagine levels from Demon's Souls like the tower of latria. You are plopped into this world and you don't even know where to go or what to do yet. You have to find keys to open cells to get to the other side, ect.

But again, it would just be cool as a side thing. I wouldn't want the whole game to be that way. I really like being able to just jump into an arena to fight.

Is this the first fight or the second fight?
If it's the second one and you need help, sacrifice the other sorcerer.
If it's the first one... I think I used the gorgon's eye black rite to perpetually put him in petrified hell.

The first. I don't have any black rites other than the first. How do you get them? I may be underleveled. However I realized I kept using the sigil for the bonus rewards, after I changed it for an attack up for 45% I feel a little more confident (I haven't had a chance to try yet)

Shoyz

The first. I don't have any black rites other than the first. How do you get them? I may be underleveled. However I realized I kept using the sigil for the bonus rewards, after I changed it for an attack up for 45% I feel a little more confident (I haven't had a chance to try yet)

Level 20 and 40 for holy and sacrifice arms.

Hello Fellow GAFfers! I am a new VitaBro around here, just got my junior membership! Just in time too, I might add, for me to request to add myself to the list of players!

PSN - BaronVonBeans
Character name - Baroness
Regon - NA, Eastern Time

Got about 11 hours in the demo, at about 7 hours now in the full game. Divine 8, Dark 22 I think is my current build. I am working with all weapons, just because I love me some variety. Working on Chapter 2 of the Magusar stories, but I spent plenty of time in Avalon when I first got it, and still kinda do.

On a side note, this game is incredible. From the presentation, the delivery, the gameplay, it has just taken over my life. And to date, this is the ONLY game that has been able to break me of my turrible MoHun addiction that I have been fighting for years and years....

Nice to meet you all, and hope to play with you soon!

The one for 20 life just locks the enemy in stone, which is pretty useless solo.

Can't believe Cerberus/Werewolf can jump into the air right when your Rite goes off to avoid it..wow :(

And causes damage. Stone damage. Which Cerberus is weak to.
The one for 20 magic locks the enemy in place so the rest of your team can damage it. When your team is made of an idiot who just stands there with a stone shield... I'll take the gorgon rite over gleipnir.

ZeroAKA

So wait, you can't change rainments after you hit 90? Wow, no wonder people are going 89/11 or 11/89.

Can you delevel once to go back to your normal outfits?
I think it might be just me so far, but people will eventually come to their senses and join the 11/89 master race. >:eek:

I think it might be just me so far, but people will eventually come to their senses and join the 11/89 master race. >:eek:

That's what I plan on once I get the trophy for 1/99. ;)

Whoever is playing tonight (Agent/Cinnabonjovi/Obsolete) I'm down for crushing some more of the Avalon Pacts (they're all I have left, just about). Just throw up the Frost signal when you're ready.

ajim

I got an extra code taped to it - apparently there was only a limited number for preorders (or EB was slack) - I made sure I had all mine before I left the store :)
uh. That's annoying. I would have just preordered through psn if that wad the case :(

dammnit :(

Baust

So the avalon pacts that are blacked out for me I can't do because I saved a monster instead of sacrificing it right?
Yes, but you can redo the monster quest and sacrifice it to check out the other missions. Doing so will cost you the ally you saved in that mission, however.

Grinchy

Banned
The one for 20 magic locks the enemy in place so the rest of your team can damage it. When your team is made of an idiot who just stands there with a stone shield...

hahaha

yeah I used that one for the first time online last night, but luckily my teammates knew what to do in the situation.

Kusagari

Yes, but you can redo the monster quest and sacrifice it to check out the other missions. Doing so will cost you the ally you saved in that mission, however.

Can I go back after that and save to get the ally back or are they lost forever?

Top Bottom