• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Ken

Weakness is randomized, just gonna keep restarting it until I get ice, and freeze her right off the bat. Homing Sigil for ice path + 150% one-hit sigil to hopefully kill her in one golem + sacrifice combo..maybe.

Pretty sure she rotates through only 3 elements. Just bring one of each weakness to get off 3 different element hells.

Also griffin is most frustrating monster.

Shoyz

You face the doppelganger version of her yet? Completely different league from story version! Griffin is baby food!
Cerberus LE+ is so rare.

Level 40 Save rite sounds interesting. Give an ally a sword of your very soul by sacrificing your heart.

Ken

You face the doppelganger version of her yet? Completely different league from story version! Griffin is baby food!
Cerberus LE+ is so rare.

Level 40 Save rite sounds interesting. Give an ally a sword of your very soul by sacrificing your heart.

The Illcebra in VI. Pride? Yeah.

Anyone know where to farm Thunderstone Arrow M or L?

Grisby

So when you beat a boss monster online you have to be near it and performing a save/sacrifice action in order to get it right? I was too far away and received nothing, :(

Online is hella fun though.

So when you beat a boss monster online you have to be near it and performing a save/sacrifice action in order to get it right? I was too far away and received nothing, :(

Online is hella fun though.

I do wish that you could get what you save/sac every time, instead of the game voting based on the players. Makes it hard to have a particular build without having to delevel all the time.

Shoyz

It worked! 150% Damage 1-HP Sigil.

Froze her when she spawned, summoned a golem, lightning, sacrificed my skin, dead. EASY

Filth

cerebus sp is my wall. mag literally dies in 2-3 hits and then its all downhill from there. im 10 / 21 am i under leveled or just using the wrong skills?

also sigil - arm of gluttony / fortifies arboreal mutation magic +50 %... what the heck does that mean?

cerebus sp is my wall. mag literally dies in 2-3 hits and then its all downhill from there. im 10 / 21 am i under leveled or just using the wrong skills?

also sigil - arm of gluttony / fortifies arboreal mutation magic +50 %... what the heck does that mean?

What skills are you using? All I used was a lightning shield, sanguine cannon, snowtree tri and a lightning spell.

Also, I have that +50% attack, -25% defense sigil which helps a lot.

Filth

What skills are you using? All I used was a lightning shield, sanguine cannon, snowtree tri and a lightning spell.

Also, I have that +50% attack, -25% defense sigil which helps a lot.

ok weird thing. i tried doing it without the thunder shield but coudnt believe how much easier it was while using it. i used a newly acquired black rights skill i didn't know i had. the one that holds the monster in place with the chain and he immediately died 2-3 minutes into the fight. O_O

Shoyz

4rSrnn1.jpg

Dual Wyverns in 1 minute 28 seconds. If you can beat that, then.. :(

Shoyz

150% damage one-hit. Drop an ATK fruit tree, eat. Spawn golem forward. Walk forward until you gain their attention, then walk back to the side of golem and sacrifice skin. They'll stand next to it, then drop when the rite hits. Hit them with tri ice, and stand behind golem before they get up. win

150% damage one-hit. Drop an ATK fruit tree, eat. Spawn golem forward. Walk forward until you gain their attention, then walk back to the side of golem and sacrifice skin. They'll stand next to it, then drop when the rite hits. Hit them with tri ice, and stand behind golem before they get up. win

I need this

Anyone in here know how to unlock the last 5 pacts in the Avalon - Atonement section? Obsolete, Agent, and I just tried pretty much every combination of save/sacrifice at the branch points and couldn't get it to unlock the last section...

The side sorcerer stories are amazing. The 3rd one in particular. I also love the NPC that's the focus of the 2nd one.

The twist after the non-twist of what seemed obvious and back to the twist!

Shoyz

You need to go back to Avalon 1, and do the opposite of what you currently have for Harpy.

I'm stuck with the later locked ones though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Depends if you have the patience to deal with randomly spawned minion enemies killing you, or those tiny 'twitches' the bosses make killing you for nothing. But it is making me second-guess going Divine..
Full Chaos person (99/1) like myself has no chances against the 9-10 star bosses without supreme skill if alone. They have too much HP to rush them, even with the strongest offerings and seals if you're going 100% glass cannon.

Divine players are a blessing in multiplayer.
Tips for the Phoenix? Definitely Ice eggs and thorns, but what else?
He does the 3 way fireballs most of the time, so each time it twitches a bit to the back run a bit to the side so the middle one misses you. Keep your distance, other than the 3 fireballs most of its attacks are short distance.

Ken

Tips for the Phoenix? Definitely Ice eggs and thorns, but what else?

Ice shield for when she spins and flies at you.

I like to set ice bulbs around too in her path.

Is chest of fortune S only from those unfinished page missions? I'm getting thunderstone arrows can't be dropped from missions?

Also is there a way with aiming projectiles to not have the camera reset between every shot?

Hanmik

Some of the trophies have a slightly wrong text.

Use What You Can
Unleashed 4 spells with no offerings equipped in one pact.

for this one you have to
enter a avalon pact with an ally. Then activate minds-eye, find a spot with stage spell (glows white) and use that spell (armour or weapon), then you find a spot where you can renew your offerings, and do that. After that you need to use a Dark Rite. And last but not least you need to sacrifice your ally
..then the trophy will pop up. Easiest way to get it.
Choose to play the second Avalon pact (the one in the woods with the big cats). Choose Remron (or whatever he is called) as you ally, he never heals, so he will die. Be sure to equip the blood cannon. Start the quest. Activate minds eye (to find the glowing white spots), renew your offerings at a tree right away, use a level spell right away. Go over to the first bath of enemies and use the blood cannon untill you can use your Black Rite, and then use it. Then run around the level so that lots of enemies appear. Sit back and watch Remron die. Sacrifice him and you are done. Don´t even bother with saving after the fight, because you only wanted the trophy..!

ajim

Aussies - picked up my copy after work just then from eb games. Where are my preorder goodies? Only got a network pass?

Hanmik

and an easy trophy:

Sorrow of Solitude
Teased Librom in 3 different ways.

this one is fun..
Push and tease that book. On the first menu screen (where you choose, Read Librom, talk to librom etc.), just touch Librom with your finger on the front touch screen, he will fall down. Then Swipe your finger over him, he will spin around. Last PUSH him. Just touch the Back touch screen.
tada an easy trophy.

Where do you get fire mines? I'm trying to prepare for this Hydra battle.

Nevermind, beat it in 2 minutes using Flamefiend Blood and Djinn Arrows from afar. I just went to a narrow pathway and summoned the golem there, then arrows from afar + ice thorns. Easy.

Cheska

I went ahead and purchased the game and started playing for a bit today. Are saving/sacrificing archfiends what determine your specs or is it normal enemies too?

I went ahead and purchased the game and started playing for a bit today. Are saving/sacrificing archfiends what determine your specs or is it normal enemies too?

It's for normal enemies as well, though you won't get as much Life/Magic points compared to archfiends. Still, it's nice to save/sac normal enemies for shards, which are used towards earning sigils (arm augmentations).

Cheska

It's for normal enemies as well, though you won't get as much Life/Magic points compared to archfiends. Still, it's nice to save/sac normal enemies for shards, which are used towards earning sigils (arm augmentations).

Great, thank you!

Strategically speaking, is it better to save or sacrifice?

Great, thank you!

Strategically speaking, is it better to save or sacrifice?

It really all depends on which build you're aiming for: Divine, Chaos or Neutral? Some people like to go 1/99, 99/1, 50/50 or just whatever you feel like. I'm personally going for 1/99 for pure offensive.

end of book spoilers.

as soon as the sorcerer got delimbed... i understood his real identity. this game had a lot of feels... way better than i expected

ReaperXL7

you know,obviously the multiplayer is going to get the bulk majority of love for SS, but I have to be honest the single player stuff is pretty good in my opinion, some of these character stories are really interesting though I do wish they we just alittle more in depth as they make me want more information.

The multiplayer is just the icicng on the cake, which tomarrow I will likely dig into that much more. Game is glorious in my opinion, though I can see reasons that people would not enjoy it.

Rasec

Reading the posts with seems i should start to boost and use the eggs spells.
I suck at range combat xD

Any tips of what's best to range combat?

The only stuff i use is the pinwheels at level 3.

Also i woul love to turn as a golem but i think i still miss a giantarm king thingy to fuse it and i don't know where to get it ;___;

ajim

Is the new game supposed to pick up on my demo file automatically? There's no continue, only start new game?

Edit. Wow. Nevermind. It picked up on it upon clicking new game lol

Top Bottom