• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

ZeroAKA

But you can get all the missions by saving then sacrificing the monsters.. right?
Edit: that's what I get for typing on my phone.
Yes, I usually sacrifice the boss and complete those missions first before saving the boss to add him/her to my party list.

Can I go back after that and save to get the ally back or are they lost forever?
You can replay the mission and "rewrite" the book at any time.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
How substantial are element weaknesses? Because I kind of want to stick with venom spells. I love the way they look.

ZeroAKA

How substantial are element weaknesses? Because I kind of want to stick with venom spells. I love the way they look.
You mean the venom root spells, right? Those things look awesome.

One of these days, a bunch of us should just get together and get someone to die purposely so that we can figure out how damage really works.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You mean the venom root spells, right? Those things look awesome.

One of these days, a bunch of us should just get together and get someone to die purposely so that we can figure out how damage really works.
That'd be a good idea, actually. I was surprised to see that being in spirit form let you see damage numbers.

TheChaos0

I played a bit of the demo but today I had a more proper session and I tried out the multiplayer aspect too. I really like the grimdark narative in the book, the game is definitely more fun when playing with someone. Leaves me wanting to play more, a good sign. Looks like I'll be playing quite a bit of Soul Sacrifice in the coming months. :)

ZeroAKA

Pure dark (1/99) users stay losing:
e94ca48838e1e742.jpg
0afde66158ebb1a5.jpg
7641eb30c7442fc9.jpg
feb5b8cadf45067a.jpg

Pure divine (99/1) looks decent though:
746e9df2e8ce038b.jpg
ad3b14909f20944a.jpg
28c7650f95aec197.jpg
b458a59364bc6a2a.jpg

...But then again, I'm using a female character.

Shoyz

I'd be all over Divine if you could disable the hats!

Speaking of which, I've found an NPC that wears one of my favorite outfits, but with a scarf. You, as the player, have to wear it with just the outfit, or with scarf+hood. Frustrating! Making it a player option shouldn't take more than a second..

Ken

Anyone want to party up for some of the harder quests in Forgotten Pacts and Avalon Judgment +?

Some of the eliminate in 5 minutes is tough with divine.

Zemm

I wonder if this will unlock in 10 minutes in the UK or if we'll have to wait until tomorrow some time. What time did it unlock for the EU preorders?

Protome

Just got the game today (technically not out till midnight here in the UK.) Imported my Demo save, played a few offline missions, was a little underwhelmed, jumped online, fought a griffin, purchase felt justified.
Online is definitely where this game shines, I'm absolutely loving it.

Digging the group heal spell too.
8702353217_689799402a_z.jpg

So much fun!

ZeroAKA

The Japanese Wiki site says that there's a Slayer Sigil V that boosts attack 60% (+ another 30% if you have Dark Arm V) and Annihilator V that boosts attack 90% while decreasing defense 45%. There are also defense equivalents for both. Question answered.

nampad

Final female divine looks great.

Played some online and the game feels a lot easier than the demo. Don't know if my hosts just pick easy bosses.
Even running with bad groups that just spam their same offerings for every boss and don't chain attacks, I didn't wipe.
Tried a time limit one and failed, so maybe that are the more difficult quests?

Also played a level with "platforming". Got gravity rush flashbacks, but stupid that you can't jump while using the minds eye.

Really enjoy the game. The presentation and lore in the singleplayer is good and the miltiplayer is plain fun.

Holmes

Chests of Fortune are not farmable right? If they're not, I think I'm gonna withhold fusing it with something for now, unless someone has any recommendations.

Where or how do I get the pre-order costume? I have the Japanese Voices and 1 spell I think...

Go to 'Network' --> 'Peddler' and 'Accept Gift'

Man, multipplayer rocks when you have a good party. Took out Centaur in under 3 minutes and kept him stunlocked the whole time. I kept summing golems and freezing while the rest of the team was DPSing and freezing. I'll try to get back online later and make a GAF room...

ZeroAKA

Chests of Fortune are not farmable right? If they're not, I think I'm gonna withhold fusing it with something for now, unless someone has any recommendations.
I remember seeing a mission with Chest of Fortune as a Divine drop. Not sure which one though.

leehom

Go to 'Network' --> 'Peddler' and 'Accept Gift'

Man, multipplayer rocks when you have a good party. Took out Centaur in under 3 minutes and kept him stunlocked the whole time. I kept summing golems and freezing while the rest of the team was DPSing and freezing. I'll try to get back online later and make a GAF room...

Just takes me to near...and does nothing after that.

The Japanese Wiki site says that there's a Slayer Sigil V that boosts attack 60% (+ another 30% if you have Dark Arm V) and Annihilator V that boosts attack 90% while decreasing defense 45%. There are also defense equivalents for both. Question answered.

Does this also map out the pre-reqs for each avalon branch? If so, is it linked in the OP?

Also, I see 800 people asking about the pre-order bonuses -- would it be worth adding to the OP how to redeem them (through the peddler under Librom > Network > Peddler > Receive)?

--

Anyone wanna suggest a strategy for Magusar? I finished the Mad Chronicle and now want to finish the story before I become a fixture in the Avalon Pacts.

Just takes me to near...and does nothing after that.

Hmm, it worked for me. I bought it digitally though. I think if you bought a store copy, you need to redeem a code.

Also, I didn't have to go through Near for the pre order stuff. The Near function is optional and you can just leave offerings or claim them as a gift.

Ken

Yes, but everything is (obviously) in Japanese: http://w.livedoor.jp/sousac/

Avalon Quests are under アヴァロンの要請録, and Forgotten Quests are under 忘れられた要請.

Could anyone find out the prerequisite for Judgment's second quest (after slime) and the two chapters after Judgment?

nampad

About that preorder stuff for the digital version, you have to go to the psn store and download the preorder dlc from the Soul Sacrifice section. Than you can claim the gifts in peddler.

Top Bottom