• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

spannicus

I can't beat Cerberus in the story :/ Magusar is completely useless. I suck at this game.

Use shield when he charges to knock him back it will stun him for a while, melee him and ranged attacks work well, use the mortars. you can spam ice attack to freeze him then hit him with lightening. Also use your forbidden magic Salamander it will take a good bit of health from him. Sacrifice Merlin if all else fails hehe.

Shoyz

Again, I will ask:

Anyone got some tips for me for fighting Magusar?
I want him dead.

Smack him in form 1 until he starts summoning his golems. Then run up to him, drop a golem on him (380ATK pref.), stand far away and wait for form 2.

Form 2: Run near it, drop a golem, pull out a weapon (axe/sword) and start hacking at it. Wear the dragon sigil.

Smack him in form 1 until he starts summoning his golems. Then run up to him, drop a golem on him (380ATK pref.), stand far away and wait for form 2.

Form 2: Run near it, drop a golem, pull out a weapon (axe/sword) and start hacking at it. Wear the dragon sigil.

I don't have that sigil, but I can try to do some of the rest -- I got pretty far, but then the ranged weapons weren't dealing enough damage fast enough.

Any recommendations besides:
(1) Golem
(2) Weapon
(3) Healing
(4) Blood Cannon
(5) ?????
(6) ?????

Shoyz

I don't have that sigil, but I can try to do some of the rest -- I got pretty far, but then the ranged weapons weren't dealing enough damage fast enough.

Get the sigil! It seemingly reduced his damage by like 50% or more, and who knows how much ATK it also gives you.

I got away with nothing but Golem and Axe.

Oyashiro

Use shield when he charges to knock him back it will stun him for a while, melee him and ranged attacks work well, use the mortars. you can spam ice attack to freeze him then hit him with lightening. Also use your forbidden magic Salamander it will take a good bit of health from him. Sacrifice Merlin if all else fails hehe.

I've tried the ice and lightning thing but I can never freeze him. My spell runs out before Cerberus is completely frozen.

spannicus

I've tried the ice and lightning thing but I can never freeze him. My spell runs out before Cerberus is completely frozen.

Look around the level using your special sight, there might be a circular area that gives you higher attack and lower defense or vice versa, If you can stay in that area and do ranged attacks it works well just dodge a bunch. Remember to use your shields because every time he charges it will knock him down. Use the Rolling ball you get from jack o lantern to attack him when he is charging his lightening attack it will cancel it and daze him also when he is about to pull his spear from his chest.

wilflare

I actually fell asleep playing SS last night...
hahaha then again it was 4:30am :/

EDIT:
where do I check my gametime again? hmm raptr does not track it automatically.

the Vita manual for this game has an element chart!

jorgeton

Good fights guys! We destroyed those monsters. It wasn't even fair to them.

I need to wrap up SP, as my Avalon pact selection is pretty limited so far. Lots more to unlock.

RoeBear

So i guess
Griffin
isn't weak to stone...

Nice room we just had beat bosses in what seemed like seconds.

You can check game time by pressing the "i" when loading save data. I just checked mine and have 30 hrs clocked. haven't been sleeping much at all...

Foxix Von

Good fights guys! We destroyed those monsters. It wasn't even fair to them.

I need to wrap up SP, as my Avalon pact selection is pretty limited so far. Lots more to unlock.

Yeah that was just brutally unfair to those poor creatures hahah. Just nuts. Great games everybody.

So the enemies that gives +7 gives Le/Se + and the ones that give +10 gives Le/Se ++

I don't know the boss ones yet. I had +55 and 68 yet no +

matmanx1

Finished up "Innocence" in the Avalon Pacts tonight and also the first of the Sorcerer side stories while also advancing the main story by a couple of chapters. I am far more impressed with the story and single player content that I've seen so far than I thought I would be. There's been some thought and care put into these tales and it shows. The Carnatux ending in particular was very
surprisingly upbeat

I also like how changing the save or sacrifice choices in the Avalon Pacts changes how the story plays out and opens and closes different mission branches. It's a nifty touch and it's once again handled deftly within the confines of the book.

IGN may not think so but this is certainly Vita's "killer app" as far as I am concerned. I'm loving this.

oldmario

I have a question to ask about the game that's starting to bug me, everytime i spawn on a level my character will go uuuuuuh or gaaaaaah (not sure which one it is they sound similar) and start in a position kneeling down with her hands on the floor, is this normal?

ZeroAKA

I have a question to ask about the game that's starting to bug me, everytime i spawn on a level my character will go uuuuuuh or gaaaaaah (not sure which one it is they sound similar) and start in a position kneeling down with her hands on the floor, is this normal?
You probably didn't heal your character after using a Black Rite. Go to the Portraiture screen to see if the Black Rite icon looks broken/faded. If so, restore it with Lacrima.

CrovaxPSO

You need to repair your black rite.

Beaten like a Harpy.

You activated a Black Rite in a previous battle and haven't repaired it yet, so you'll still suffer the negative status effect it causes.

Edit: Double beaten

This game is soooo good. The presentation, the game play, the story ... and I haven't even tried the online yet. I haven't really liked any arena fighting games so far but this one is really something. I know you all know this but I wanted to say it anyway. :)

Shoyz

"Blue Fruit of Lust"
"Draw enemies attention with the scent of an alluring man"

And the picture looks like..blue balls. This has to be intentional.

Yaska

I actually fell asleep playing SS last night...
hahaha then again it was 4:30am :/

EDIT:
where do I check my gametime again? hmm raptr does not track it automatically.

the Vita manual for this game has an element chart!

Can also check playtime and other stats in the sorcerer stats option under network. Shows also other players stats, as in other peoples.

ZeroAKA

With all of the assassin fights in this game, the lack of online PvP seems like a missed opportunity to me. 3-on-3 multiplayer battles would have been amazing. Does anyone think it would be possible that the mode could get patched in later on?

With all of the assassin fights in this game, the lack of online PvP seems like a missed opportunity to me. 3-on-3 multiplayer battles would have been amazing. Does anyone think it would be possible that the mode could get patched in later on?
They probably knew that 1v1 battles would just be two dudes spamming projectiles at eachother.

I dont suppose anyone here pre ordered the game through PSN in the uk and can access the game yet?

It still wont load even though its the day of release (just before 6am), i hope i dont have to wait until the store update time because thats bullshit if i do!

Hey guys, when you make a room, do you always name it NeoGAF and then another word after? Is there anything in particular I should search for when joining you guys? Thanks!

Hey guys, when you make a room, do you always name it NeoGAF and then another word after? Is there anything in particular I should search for when joining you guys? Thanks!

room name: neogaf

Usually a password is posted as well

What's the best way to going about getting good spells? Just playing through the story?

High level Avalon Pacts too and you'll always know what you'll be getting aside from Martyr rewards.

Top Bottom