• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

baconcow

Does anyone know the requirements for Sony to send the DLC code for the Feather? I never received one. Is it USA/Europe only? In Canada here.

Frost and I did it last night, and, goodness was I happy to be done with it.

I'd like to find more ways of beating them, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon. cool character though. moveset straight out of mortal kombat.

You guys should have copied my dual wyvern strat!

Drop a golem, activate wyverns, use black rite. Done!

this is what I did, and I got them down in 1:13. I just wanted to actually fight them, but they're so damn fast. doesn't help that there's goblins skulking about.

I've also found that my play style is gonna come back to bite me in the ass. I'm taking things down so quick by elemental stunning them that I don't to even see/learn their moveset. this could become a problem for me when in online, and they actually last longer.

Grinchy

Banned
Is it just me or is everyone online too high level for me to play with :(

Whenever I host a room, I say exactly what I'm going to be doing, like "Avalon IV Star" or something like that. The hope is that only people who are interested in those missions will join. Occasionally I get really high level players coming in, and while that's cool, it kinda makes things too easy and ruins a bit of the fun.

Did anyone pre-order from Shopto and get the DLC code? I entered mine and got the Japanese language downloaded, but I don't have the spells and costumes that were meant to be included.

I so need to farm up some better offerings. I'm sitting at 19/10 right now, and really starting to feel the pinch in terms of offering power.

Really need more golums and more charges and damn near everything.

Shoyz

any Cerberus tips? lol tried Shields and Golems.. not working..

can't find Shards+ too.. hmm

Ice Sigil, 150% Damage sigil, ATK Tree. Spawn tree, eat, spawn him, ice and freeze him, spawn golem, hit him with lightning, throw eggs at his faces to break them. When he charges, stand a bit behind the golem to knock him down next to it.

Easiest speed-run boss. If you don't want to be a one-hit kill, bring 60% Damage and Sanguine his face, black rite right after knocking him down with shield so he'll re-fall right when he gets up.

wilflare

Ice Sigil, 150% Damage sigil, ATK Tree. Spawn tree, eat, spawn him, ice and freeze him, spawn golem, hit him with lightning, throw eggs at his faces to break them. When he charges, stand a bit behind the golem to knock him down next to it.

Easiest speed-run boss. If you don't want to be a one-hit kill, bring 60% Damage and Sanguine his face, black rite right after knocking him down with shield so he'll re-fall right when he gets up.

hmmm i feel bad now :/
haha i dont have that 60% Damage yet.. and.. how do you guys freeze him so quickly?

Drame

Finally had the time to play the game again and beat Cerberus.

Rather easy fight with full stone gear. Although, I had to sacrifice the npc as he was always drawing Cerbs attention and had himself killed, bleh.

No LE+ so the hunt continues and damn the knight raiment looks cool.

nowai

Jumped on the train after all to support the Vita and I'm actually enjoying it considerable more than I did the demo!

I still wish there was some exploration and more than boss rush, but the combat is pretty great.

One quick question, has anyone had success with the toggle lock on? The game seems to not lock on at all when I have toggle set.

PSN - sunvsthemoon (NA)

Shoyz

I use just the thorns with the +20% Freeze rate sigil, you don't have to charge it up, just spam it. He'll freeze before he gets an attack in.

How am I getting access to those quest in the lower right?

cdrflpovjkolw057b.jpg

OmegaZero

How am I getting access to those quest in the lower right?

I've been unlocking those kinds of quests by beating every mission in the previous pacts. Occasionally after I beat them, a "NEW" symbol will appear next to a chapter that I haven't even started.

EDIT:
How do you check what health the enemies are at again? I forget now.

Use down on the d-pad to activate Mind's Eye and see what color the enemy's aura is. The more red it is, the weaker they are.
Or you could die and look at their actual health bars as a spirit.

Perhaps replay the one above them and do the opposite of what you previously did (save/sacrifice)?

Just guessing... that does indeed look unique from what I've seen so far in I-III...

Nah, that's not connected.
I assume there's a boss I haven't encountered yet, but I'm not sure who that could be. I've completed the singleplayer and am not sure which of the mini-stories I should do.

I've been unlocking those kinds of quests by beating every mission in the previous pacts. Occasionally after I beat them, a "NEW" symbol will appear next to a chapter that I haven't even started.
I've already completed the pacts before that (and have plenty progress in the ones after).

If I remember, you need to go back to I and do the opposite of saving or sacrificing the Harpy, whichever you did previously.

I'm preeetty sure I've done that already. I guess I''ll try it again.

/edit/ Meh, sorry for the double post.

/edit2/ Wait, going back to I? I definitely haven't done that yet. What a weird requirement.

CrovaxPSO

I've already completed the pacts before that (and have plenty progress in the ones after).

I'm preeetty sure I've done that already. I guess I''ll try it again.

/edit/ Meh, sorry for the double post.

Now that I think about it, that might have been for the block of quests above the one you have blacked out. I just had a blacked out section in VI and had to go through one of the Fellow Sorcerer stories to unlock that block. Apparently, if you haven't encountered a monster in one of the story quests, you can't do those pacts. I'm not sure which one it is in that section, though.

Now that I think about it, that might have been for the block of quests above the one you have blacked out. I just had a blacked out section in VI and had to go through one of the Fellow Sorcerer stories to unlock that block. Apparently, if you haven't encountered a monster in one of the story quests, you can't do those pacts. I'm not sure which one it is in that section, though.

Right, that's what I'm thinking. I'm just wondering what quest that could be. Guess the next thing I'll do is just play all of them.

if i start a room online can people on my friends list jump in through the friends app by clicking on my profile?

just wondering because i always see someone on my friends list playing lbp vita, and it gives me the option to hop in.

SharkJAW

For the life of me, I can't seem to find a quest that drops low-level venom giant arms.

Edit: nvm, actually needed green giant king arms

^^^^^^also the sequel needs a way to sort missions based on rewards.

I hope the sequel incorporates more artwork into the storyline. I'm really growing fond of it.

I am a sucker for towns in games, so I would love it if they let you roam through a town and interact with NPCs, and certain NPCs would trigger a storyline that would be told through the book and it would end with a quest, but instead of traveling to the quest you would simply be prompted what the battle(s) would be like in this game and fight them.

if i start a room online can people on my friends list jump in through the friends app by clicking on my profile?

just wondering because i always see someone on my friends list playing lbp vita, and it gives me the option to hop in.

For the life of me, I can't seem to find a quest that drops low-level venom giant arms.

Edit: nvm, actually needed green giant king arms

I see you two on, want to group up? I can play for a bit, I think.

Shoyz

Man I cannot STAND Phoenix's homing fire. It speeds up when it's close to you so it's almost impossible to dodge..

After like 20 runs I finally got her to red on a fresh golem, but couldn't dodge that damned attack :(

This game is soooo good. Single Player and Coop are both a blast to play.
And this is the first time I fully use my vita with Voice-Chat and everything, so awesome.

Top Bottom