• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Finally defeated Carnivorous Slime inside Pandora's Box. I think the volt mine spell I recently acquired made all the difference.

pantsmith

So how do divines play in end game stuff in the Japanese scene? Is soloing end game stuff a pain?

My original guess was using blood spells, but I watched a video of a guy in max holy form solo some high rank missions without getting hit. Looks like good (high level) spells and timing, combined with that attack+ fruit, is the key.

edit: heres *a* video that I was able to find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRz3ST3bLk

In my mind they work better as up close attackers trying to help put status effects on the boss, while the chaos players attack from a range. Probably works best in a group.

Finally defeated Carnivorous Slime inside Pandora's Box. I think the volt mine spell I recently acquired made all the difference.

I got stuck below the slime trying to save my companion. That level is hard because of the lack of space. In a second try I golemed him to death, using that same lack of space.

Shoyz

Guess that's what everybody's been complaining about..

Geez! If there were ever a mission that seemed impossible..
Guess I need to grind for sigils.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I got stuck below the slime trying to save my companion. That level is hard because of the lack of space. In a second try I golemed him to death, using that same lack of space.
Yeah, it's a difficult arena to fight it in. Got cornered more than once and the only way out was a weapon's hold attack knockback.

Shoyz

Aw maaan. So close to finishing off Harpy that time! Let's try again later when it won't crash..

Griffin tips: Go into special sight mode to avoid blinding when griffin charges up.
If you hit Griffin for a short period after blinding, it'll fall to the floor for a few seconds.
It's distracted by gold.

lol

Everyone disconnected when the battle was loading.

Looking up at the boss alone..

7f8.gif

ajim

Yea I think it would be awesome to have each setting have a town/hub with NPCs that do a bit of world telling and upon meeting some NPCs you would trigger an event in the book like it is now that gives you some lore and a mission, both mainline and optional stuff.

Then make Avalon an actual place to go.
agreed. Good idea and hopefully something that can be realised in potential future releases!

Ken

Doesn't seem to be since it applies to single target healing spells too. Looks like you gain a lot more power and casts going from small to medium.

Size determines power and casts (and rarity).

Stars increase number of casts off base casts.

Ken

Is there any advantage to playing multiplayer loot-wise? Seems like with the HP scaling, I'd rather do stuff alone in 2 minutes than with 4 in 6 minutes if the loot chance is the same.

MooMoo

I think one area this game could have improved on is differentiating the stages of each spell. The graphical changes between the base, small, medium, large, etc. are a little too much on the subtle side; I definitely spend more time staring at the stats trying to make sure that I'm not choosing a weakened version of a spell. I think the filtering system could have included filters for spell affinity because often I'm not trying to choose based on how the spell works (homing, summon, etc.) but rather what elemental type the spell is. Maybe I could just save loadouts but since you get so many new spells throughout the course of the game that I haven't really cared to settle on a single loadout yet. There's just got to be a cleaner way of organizing all the spells you get; the current system is more than manageable but that's not to say it couldn't be better.

Otherwise I'm having fun taking my time playing this game. There's so much content that it's almost overwhelming :p

Top Bottom