• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Copenap

Great game there Copenap! My Vita's almost dead... need to charge up! THIS GAME!!!!
Yeah was fun to play woth some gaffers finally! But I keep getting network errors today and having trouble to connect at all, so if I'm suddenly gone without saying anything that's why.

Posting again for how amazing these are. Talk about world building! (O__O)

tumblr_mm1kf8Z9Pv1r0rrcuo1_1280.jpg

8232253345_acaf59cd27_o.jpg

soulsacrifice009.jpg

Soul-Sacrifice-Plant-Sword.jpg

ajim

Anyone else actually love and really enjoy the lore behind this game? I find the backstories behind the monsters and how they ended up that way by selling their souls fantastic. For me personally, it gives me a whole other image of the monster when im fighting them.

I hope if there is a soul sacrifice 2 that they expand on the lore some more.

Good stuff.

Zemm

This might be blasphemy to some in here but I'd love to see Soul Sacrifice 2 in beautiful 1080p 60fps on the PS4, with a Vita version packaged in too ofcourse. The art deserves a higher resolution and more detail.

Anyone else actually love and really enjoy the lore behind this game? I find the backstories behind the monsters and how they ended up that way by selling their souls fantastic. For me personally, it gives me a whole other image of the monster when im fighting them.

I hope if there is a soul sacrifice 2 that they expand on the lore some more.

Good stuff.

I find it fascinating. I really need to spend more time reading it, but it is crazy how much backstory they have put into this. I mean locations have 20+ pages of lore to read about.

ajim

I find it fascinating. I really need to spend more time reading it, but it is crazy how much backstory they have put into this. I mean locations have 20+ pages of lore to read about.
yeah, it would be nice if it was somehow more incorporated into the game whilst playing. I dont know how, but it's too good to leave sitting in the backend of the game waiting for the player to find it and read it.

ZeroAKA

yeah, it would be nice if it was somehow more incorporated into the game whilst playing. I dont know how, but it's too good to leave sitting in the backend of the game waiting for the player to find it and read it.
On the main screen of each mission, there's a usually some text that tells you the enemy that you're hunting and location that the mission takes place. You can tap on the text to go directly to the lore. That might help a bit.

Yea I think it would be awesome to have each setting have a town/hub with NPCs that do a bit of world telling and upon meeting some NPCs you would trigger an event in the book like it is now that gives you some lore and a mission, both mainline and optional stuff.

Then make Avalon an actual place to go.

Candeez

This might be blasphemy to some in here but I'd love to see Soul Sacrifice 2 in beautiful 1080p 60fps on the PS4, with a Vita version packaged in too ofcourse. The art deserves a higher resolution and more detail.

It's too bad the Vita doesn't have HDMI out, I would love to play SS on the big screen. Right now playing with bluetooth audio on, streaming to 7.1 receiver with Dolby Height. The sound in this game is absorbing, just weird to get this all-enveloping sound with a tiny screen -_-"

Ken

So would non-elemental weapons be better against stuff with no elemental weakness?

Elemental hells seem too good to pass up so I'm not sure what the point of normal weapons is.

Shoyz

Anybody want to take on some Avalon X/IX missions?
If so, Room: Neo
no password

Only just noticed some cool looking spells in Crafting: Dragon roots. 120 Damage, no element.

The
Sortiara sigil
you get really helps out in getting Essence + or ++. It increases the chances. Because I took it farming thinking I was going to get a higher average increase towards my leveling and instead it gave me more + or ++.

Well keep that in mind Gaf while you farm for essences.

Grinchy

Banned
I wouldn't say I'm spamming rites but considering how short the chapters are and it takes 100 lacrima to heal it takes pretty long. I'll be playing for like an hour and get like 30 lacrima.

It sounds like you've just started out. At first it definitely does seem to take forever to build it up. But when you get to later missions you get a lot more Lacrima every time, to the point where you'll back out of the menus and realize you have 200+ Lacrima you haven't collected yet.

At the beginning of the game, just try not to use the black rite at all. You honestly don't need them early on anyway.

The
Sortiara sigil
you get really helps out in getting Essence + or ++. It increases the chances. Because I took it farming thinking I was going to get a higher average increase towards my leveling and instead it gave me more + or ++.

Well keep that in mind Gaf while you farm for essences.

Nice

Foshy

I'm still very early in the game, just did the Carnatux missions.

I did not expect the story to be so well written at all! I was really surprised and smiled when
it turned out that he wasn't such a greedy unlikeable bastard and actually did all this to help somebody.

"If everybody was rich, there would be no monsters."

It sounds like you've just started out. At first it definitely does seem to take forever to build it up. But when you get to later missions you get a lot more Lacrima every time, to the point where you'll back out of the menus and realize you have 200+ Lacrima you haven't collected yet.

At the beginning of the game, just try not to use the black rite at all. You honestly don't need them early on anyway.

Ya, I think I'm on chapter 3? I have to wait for 100 again because I sacrificed magusar. I figured I would just have to replay the level, not spend the stupid drops to rewrite it. Maybe it's better later but I'm not far enough to know.

Why is room searching case sensitive? UGH

Room - GAF
Pas - 1234

I get a network error when I go to join. :(

Shinypogs

Nuuu my npc buddy left me You were the most useless but I loved you. I promise not to sacrifice anything ever again just come home :(

Edit: Aww yeah got Ashala back, everything in the world is excellent again.

Shoyz

Name: Poo
PW: 666

Come if you're man enough to face Avalon X Griffin + Phoenix!

Anybody know the best spells to bring for this?

Top Bottom