• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

kiyomi

Martyr rewards are somewhat random, but yes. Its usually nice to get an extra spell. The easier and less costly choice would be to die when then boss is on red and then ask to get sacrificed.
Interesting, I'll give that a try. Thanks, Toma.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Screenshots from the latest batch of free boss dlc and both free dlc Dark Rites:
i53QMPSQM5l6Q.jpg

ibtDzDirNWVbwO.jpg

iHvGzatM8Xk4E.jpg

iVanDafNJmCoi.jpg
The new bosses since Dwarf are a bit tough, since you can't really golem them - they move all the time etc.

Zemm

The preorder offerings are really overpowered. They are full rank spells I believe? The poison mortar does over double what my normal mortar does that I got 'legit' at this stage :D Obviously it'll even out once they are all levelled but I dunno if I should use them near the start of the game.

The preorder offerings are really overpowered. They are full rank spells I believe? The poison mortar does over double what my normal mortar does that I got 'legit' at this stage :D Obviously it'll even out once they are all levelled but I dunno if I should use them near the start of the game.

believe me, they are not. That golem is one hit death. The pitch fork has 2 uses. Really not overpowered. The only one decent is the poison mortar I'd say.

edit: hah, first >:3

ZeroAKA

Except they have very limited casts compared to normal offerings. Everything except for maybe the egg is useless IMO.

Zemm

yeah the poison mortar is easily the best one, but I've got some good use out of the golem as well. Are these max rank then?

yeah the poison mortar is easily the best one, but I've got some good use out of the golem as well. Are these max rank then?

they are max rank, but shitty max rank. The golem dies SOOOO fast. I've now got a gold stone golem and the fucker doesn't go down. It almost can solo a boss by itself.

Cha

This is gonna sound silly, especially since I've played the demo for over 50 hours, but I only just noticed that the text in the book (after you fight some bosses) changes according to whether you save or sacrifice them.

This makes me happy :D

Protome

This is gonna sound silly, especially since I've played the demo for over 50 hours, but I only just noticed that the text in the book (after you fight some bosses) changes according to whether you save or sacrifice them.

This makes me happy :D

I quite like that the game also lets you sacrifice allies who are important to the story. It'll make you spend some moneys and replay the mission to correct it so the story can continue, but that the option is there at all is a nice touch.

Rasec

So i see a lot of people talking and using the sanguine/blood cannon.
What's so special about it?
I never saw any special use for me.
I'm 17/13.

Ken

I'm 17/13.

It's a nice source of damage for divines because they have high recovery to get back the lost health. Chaos would probably rather use elemental stuff.

Frost>Fire>Venom (plant) > Stone > Volt > Frost

If you inflict enough elemental damage of a type you out them in an elemental hell. For those few seconds, the monster is stunned and you imagine it takes on the element it is stuck in. Then, use an element that beats the inflicted element to send them into a second stun.

Zemm

I'm 17/13.

It's not limited to a specific quantity of spells like all the other offerings, only by your health.

I'm 17/13.

Unlimited uses
High damage
You can refill your life using a flower (or the enemies that you kill), and go again.

Is very useful if you go for a "divine" build, because it allow you to fight without sacrificing enemies to refill the spell uses.

Random question: do you guys get a "Preparing to start application" screen every time you boot up the game?

This happened to me yesterday for the first time. The game took longer than normal to load, but then went right into the opening routine. I just thought that the bawss image that loads directly when you launch the game failed to initiate.

Though...later....the game DID hard crash a restart on me. Sent an error report and everything. I can't remember what quest I was doing, likely farming offerings from those filthy rats, and it just crashed mid roll.

Likely unrelated, but I figure I'd throw it in there as well.

Rasec

Unlimited uses
High damage
You can refill your life using a flower (or the enemies that you kill), and go again.

Is very useful if you go for a "divine" build, because it allow you to fight without sacrificing enemies to refill the spell uses.

Nice. i thought about that but in some mission i rarely have the opportunity to heal as much i would like. xP

Random question: do you guys get a "Preparing to start application" screen every time you boot up the game?

Yup. every freaking time! xD

Holmes

Two questions. For assassin quests (like Rozia in Innocence), if I save them, do they continue to attack me like Sortiara did? I was halfway through saving Rozia, then I thought he might attack me again so I just sacrificed him. Actually, I think I just might redo the quest and find out. edit: same as Sortiara.

And if I do a quest that gives me an ally after saving the boss, then redo the quest and sacrifice, do I lose that ally?

Z3M0G

Two questions. For assassin quests (like Rozia in Innocence), if I save them, do they continue to attack me like Sortiara did? I was halfway through saving Rozia, then I thought he might attack me again so I just sacrificed him. Actually, I think I just might redo the quest and find out. edit: same as Sortiara.

And if I do a quest that gives me an ally after saving the boss, then redo the quest and sacrifice, do I lose that ally?

No you don't lose the Ally.

Very cool to know that Sortiara will continue to hunt you if you save here in the beginning... O.O

Zemm

Because I used black rites so much in the demo the cost has transferred to the full game, it's now at 100, and I've had to do the last two chapters with -50% defence because lacrima rewards are so low (I only have 79). When the Harpy sucks you up, it kills me from 100% health if I get caught. Hardcore.

nampad

Because I used black rites so much in the demo the cost has transferred to the full game, it's now at 100, and I've had to do the last two chapters with -50% defence because lacrima rewards are so low (I only have 79). Hardcore.

Don't worry, had the same problem when I started. Now I have around 900 and don't need black rites at all most of the time.

Grinchy

Banned
Don't worry, had the same problem when I started. Now I have around 900 and don't need black rites at all most of the time.

I'm in the same boat. At first I thought lacrima had become scarce as hell compared to the demo. I got so used to never using my black rite that now I feel like a noob if I need it. Now I have more tears than than an onion farmer.

Zemm

Aye even with that penalty I haven't had a problem yet, these quests are mostly 2 star difficulty so far. Still I need to get rid of this asap because I want to try some multiplayer out without being an hindrance.

ZeroAKA

This happened to me yesterday for the first time. The game took longer than normal to load, but then went right into the opening routine. I just thought that the bawss image that loads directly when you launch the game failed to initiate.

Though...later....the game DID hard crash a restart on me. Sent an error report and everything. I can't remember what quest I was doing, likely farming offerings from those filthy rats, and it just crashed mid roll.

Likely unrelated, but I figure I'd throw it in there as well.
Yup. every freaking time! xD
Not just SS. I've noticed it with other games as well. I think it has something to do with the latest FW update.
Oh good, it's not just me. I've only seen it in Soul Sacrifice so far, but I've only played 3 different Vita games since the last update.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Please add me to the list, psn is Omnizombie.

I have not had too much time to play but hopefully that will change. I am like 9/9 now or something.

Neolith

What is the best way to level fast in this game? Should I just grind finding soul shard pacts or archfiend quests? Obviously archfiends will provide better offerings but some of the higher tier pacts can provide pretty substantial exp

ReaperXL7

Anyone know where you can find some centaurs to hunt down? I have a sigil that requires both an LE, and SE from them, but I still have not encountered one just yet?

frequency

Anyone know where you can find some centaurs to hunt down? I have a sigil that requires both an LE, and SE from them, but I still have not encountered one just yet?

I think you can open up a centaur quest if you sacrifice the harpy in the first set of Avalon quests.

arimanius

Decided I needed a break from MH3U so bought this last night off of PSN. I had only seen a few screenshots and videos so didn't know to much going into it.

It's interesting... Not exactly what I was expecting. Guess I was thinking it would be a little more like MH3U than it is.

I need to spend time today catching up on how everything works. See if the game clicks with me more tonight. I am digging the story and some of the boss character designs. May give online a try once I get the basics down.

My PSN-ID is Angra_Mainya

OmegaZero

IIRC you can find a Centaur in the first Avalon Pact: Innocence. Sacrifice the Harpy in the Snowfield Glutton mission and then beat the pact that you unlock from doing that to reveal the Centaur mission.

Top Bottom