• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Are there any vitabros onlooking to do some multiplayer? Currently I'm 18/33. Will probably be doing the Avalon quests level 5 and 6, maybe the last few of 4. Room will be open in about ten min.

room name: Gafellows

pw: 0987

damn that was awesome! i just need 1 more mission in ix., and the forgotten packs. we definitely got to group up for some of them time limit ones corrosive :)

people were just hoping in and out of the chat which was cool. good way to get a quick replacement when someone has to go.

damn that was awesome! i just need 1 more mission in ix., and the forgotten packs. we definitely got to group up for some of them time limit ones corrosive :)

people were just hoping in and out of the chat which was cool. good way to get a quick replacement when someone has to go.

Just let me know which one you need in ix and I'll help if you want.

Thanks to you guys I only need the "visit all places" and the 1/99 trophies to platinum.

There's a blacked out mission in the forgotten pacts (last one in each). I'm wondering if that's only available once you do the first x pacts in the forgotten chapter.

The Wyvern is my favorite boss design so far.

Yeah - he's like a ninja... :)

I think overall my favorite is the Cyclops.
He's just so damn creepy and lumbering and I like the way his trident seems to be in control of his body - such as when he does that flying/falling move where the trident pulls his body towards the target. I also think its funny as hell when he digs into the ground and goes after you while under the ground. And although the trident's laser beam hurts like hell (i.e. it one-shot kills me) it is cool how when the Cyclops comes back out of the ground its just his trident that first pokes out of the ground at first, shoots that damn laser in a full circle and then he pops out of the ground to shamble around again... Plus he's fun to blow up with eggs even though its nasty when his head explodes (ewww).

Other nasty monsters are the Harpy and the slimes. There's a lot of "gross-out" monsters in this game and I luv 'em... Makes it even easier for me to want to cleanse them all with the purity of righteous flames (or insert relevant element they are vulnerable to).

Shoyz

O42LDPd.jpg

Total Time: 60 hours 41 minutes.

Grisby

Leveling is some slow business. I've been playing the online mode more than the SP! I figure with all my levels I can hopefully power through the SP (which is enjoyable as well).

Shoyz

For Hydra? (L) Blazetree Root Tri, (L) Firedrake Egg, (L) Icedrake Egg, (L) Flamefiend Heart, (L) Vimblossom Fruit, (L) Fire Djinn Arrow.
Arm: Heart Surge +25%, Heat Surge +20%, Explosive Magic +50%, Explosive Magic +50%, Attack Amp +70%/Dulled Defense 40%.

Strategy: Run forward, put Vimblosson to lure birds, eat one fruit, kill them with a single Firdrake egg. Run to boss spawn, immediately cancel and place Golem. Use three Firetree roots to imprison it, throw two fire eggs, throw ice egg to crit it. Throw 3-4 more fire eggs (aiming at snake heads), and then use 4-5 firetree roots to imprison it again when it gets back up. Spawn golem, throw a fire egg, then crit with ice egg. Inbetween this I try to keep an eye out for bird corpses and save them when I can, and at this point you can just pelt it arrows and the rest of your eggs to finish it off. If you get into the groove of saving all the birds, even by 98/1 you're getting half a level per run.

Shoyz

Cerebus is kicking my ass, guess I need to level up a bit, I'm around 15/30, tips against him?

He's weak to stone. You can freeze him when he spawns with about five ice roots (easily with freeze amp, and REALLY easily once you get ice blankets) and crit with lightning for a huge starting opening. He's a joke if you use a golem and continually shield him back into it.

Grinchy

Banned
Leveling is some slow business. I've been playing the online mode more than the SP! I figure with all my levels I can hopefully power through the SP (which is enjoyable as well).

Yeah it does seem slow when you get higher up in the levels. I feel like if I'm going to do it online, I'd be way better off playing with people from GAF and using mics. It seems so rare to get a good random group online. Plus it's hard to communicate with the short text limitation so it's not easy to plan things out anyway.

He's weak to stone. You can freeze him when he spawns with about five ice roots (easily with freeze amp, and REALLY easily once you get ice blankets) and crit with lightning for a huge starting opening. He's a joke if you use a golem and continually shield him back into it.

Thanks beat him pretty easy, didn't know he was weak to stone and golem helped.

Loving the game so far. Refreshing change of pace after the time intensive MH3U.

Only at 10/17 so I feel like I'm a bit behind the curve based on the people I run into online but I can get by in most cases. The multiplayer is sublime - so smooth.

Grisby

Yeah it does seem slow when you get higher up in the levels. I feel like if I'm going to do it online, I'd be way better off playing with people from GAF and using mics. It seems so rare to get a good random group online. Plus it's hard to communicate with the short text limitation so it's not easy to plan things out anyway.
I really haven't had a bad team yet. The only thing I dislike is getting outvoted on the saving/sacrificing deal.

I really haven't had a bad team yet. The only thing I dislike is getting outvoted on the saving/sacrificing deal.

I've been wondering what happens if you get outvoted or there's a tie for what should happen. Do you still get xp for voting the wrong way?

Grinchy

Banned

Sometimes when I make rooms I'll make the room name something like "5* SAC ONLY" to let people know what's going down. Then I use the stock message about sacrificing everything before I start the mission.

Then people still save anyway lol

OmegaZero

I'll be online in a bit if anyone wants a 99/1 on their team.
Be warned that I do not have much high-level offerings yet (I focused on using blood magic for most of the Avalon pacts).

Grisby

Sometimes when I make rooms I'll make the room name something like "5* SAC ONLY" to let people know what's going down. Then I use the stock message about sacrificing everything before I start the mission.

Then people still save anyway lol
Yeah, I should try looking for rooms that say that.
I've been wondering what happens if you get outvoted or there's a tie for what should happen. Do you still get xp for voting the wrong way?
You get xp but it's for the majority voted side.

Blood magic really is pointless.

I just feel it would have been better if it left a sort of bleed effect so your health didn't disappear it left a red bar (like in Mon Hun) and if you were hit you lost it otherwise it slowly regen'd. Also the lack of blood magic is disappointing. 4 whole spells, none ranged? It was a nice concept but severely imbalanced.

Blood magic really is pointless.

I just feel it would have been better if it left a sort of bleed effect so your health didn't disappear it left a red bar (like in Mon Hun) and if you were hit you lost it. Also the lack of blood magic is disappointing. 4 whole spells, none ranged? It was a nice concept but severely imbalanced.

It has its place.

Spwn

Got my copy today. So glad the PS+ trial sticker on the front cover of the PAL version was easily removable. Can't wait to play the game later today.

I know its useful for Divine builds. I just thought the mechanics itself were a little harsh. The trade off of damage/health was out done by most spells which were often more than enough to take down a boss.

Well as far as I can tell no one uses the blood spells except for getting to that percentage of health to activate the black rites safely. Its kind of neat that can hurt enemies while doing that.

EDIT: This could be EXTREMELY helpful when you are facing bosses that could easily kill you in several hits.

kiyomi

It only clicked that the story was on the right side of the book last night. I felt like a Class A dummy. I was doing the Avalon pacts..

wilflare

For those who completed story mode. please help!

is the last Magusar before the reflections actually beatable? I read somewhere in the thread there are actually two endings... I'm now trying to defeat Magusar (after I sacrificed Librom)..

sigh.. this story.. tad feels :/

For those who completed story mode. please help!

is the last Magusar before the reflections actually beatable? I read somewhere in the thread there are actually two endings... I'm now trying to defeat Magusar (after I sacrificed Librom)..

sigh.. this story.. tad feels :/

There are 2 endings. Sac or Save :D

Haven't tried what you mentioned though.

Where is a good level to make the final chapter of story mode achievable?

I am 24/26 now and the last time I tried I got wrecked on the second quest.

oh wait.. so the last Magusar in the book is actually beatable?
and we choose to sac or save him? cause he simply one hit KOs me lol

I've never tried. The OHKO seems to be regardless of your defence and the storyline hints at his immortality at this point multiple times.

I don't want to try though. Its something that will make me rage.

Where is a good level to make the final chapter of story mode achievable?

I am 24/26 now and the last time I tried I got wrecked on the second quest.

I think i did most of the final chapter at 10/27. Fighting Magusar was around 20/35.

wilflare

I've never tried. The OHKO seems to be regardless of your defence and the storyline hints at his immortality at this point multiple times.

I don't want to try though. Its something that will make me rage.

I think i did most of the final chapter at 10/27. Fighting Magusar was around 20/35.

I see. hope I can actually beat him now..
all the cutscenes are beautiful... pity it's so little :/

Number45

It only clicked that the story was on the right side of the book last night. I felt like a Class A dummy. I was doing the Avalon pacts..
Did the same on Saturday. Fired it up last night wondering why I hadn't seen any more of the story when I clicked on the right hand side option. There aren't enough facepalms etc. etc.

kiyomi

Did the same on Saturday. Fired it up last night wondering why I hadn't seen any more of the story when I clicked on the right hand side option. There aren't enough facepalms etc. etc.

:lol yeah, that's what made no sense to me. I thought 'well okay, this doesn't really have much of a story as people made out to be'.

I guess it's nice you can kinda do things roughly at your own pace.

Top Bottom