• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Ken

Wanted to go 10/90 or whatever it is to get out of chaos forms but that leaves me one point away from Chaos V, which I need for the Throwing sigil...I think I'm just going to go neutral,

ZeroAKA

Exams are finally over! I'll be online daily for the next week and a half, can't wait to get started. Just invite me if you see me on. :D

nampad

I can't believe that they didn't include something as essential as a restart button. What an UI fail. I already missed the option for the normal missions but with the Magusar fight it is just plain stupid.

Abylim

Just beat it.
Was abit tricky, someone mentioned there is a way to renew offerings there, but I couldnt find it. I just pounded away with my meager (M) offerings, got him eventually hehe.

Very good game, will continue to grind and play for awhile yet I think!

Good mission to farm for Jack o Lantern ++?

Whats the consensus on throw magic vs explosive? I tried both, with two boosting sigils each, and the eggs do more damage, they take longer to fire off and aim.

Frost we have to try those Hour of missions again......

I planned on using vulcan to pin boss down in a corner.

Agent and I were so effing close on Phoenix earlier. I think he might not have had his resolute sigil on though so he couldn't black rite before he sacrificed me... that thing had the smallest sliver of health left with about 15 seconds on the clock. At least it didn't go down and we fail because we didn't complete the sacrifice in time.

But yeah, hopefully a 3rd person doesn't add too much health for the extra damage potential.

SharkJAW

Just beat it.
Was abit tricky, someone mentioned there is a way to renew offerings there, but I couldnt find it. I just pounded away with my meager (M) offerings, got him eventually hehe.

Very good game, will continue to grind and play for awhile yet I think!

Good mission to farm for Jack o Lantern ++?

Whats the consensus on throw magic vs explosive? I tried both, with two boosting sigils each, and the eggs do more damage, they take longer to fire off and aim.
It depends on how essential mobility is. When I have my Resolute sigil on, I want to avoid any unnecessary contact, and like to default to throwing offerings. If your damage ouput is high enough, and you can get them off safely enough, then explosives can be a good choice. It's thanks to explosives that I can do dual Elven queen in under 2 minutes. So, if you're experienced enough, and you know your openings well, I'd go with explosives.

Ken

Agent and I were so effing close on Phoenix earlier. I think he might not have had his resolute sigil on though so he couldn't black rite before he sacrificed me... that thing had the smallest sliver of health left with about 15 seconds on the clock. At least it didn't go down and we fail because we didn't complete the sacrifice in time.

But yeah, hopefully a 3rd person doesn't add too much health for the extra damage potential.

I had to solo the 5 minute quests with the 150% sigil.

OmegaZero

Finals are finished and now I am officially a nationally certified tutor. :D
I'll be on more frequently this week starting tomorrow, looking forward to playing with GAF!

Shoyz

My favorite 'don't get hit' missions are the ones with stages that spawn spiders. Behind you, most notably.

Cats and Birds can be easily distracted by leaving a fruit tree out, dogs are trouble but have very obvious patterns and long animations for all their attacks, spiders are real bastards that shoot web at you only when you try to hit them.

Shoyz

Blankets are really good when locking down Cerberus. At least one free freeze from blanket alone while hitting him with other attacks/shielding.

Finally have some time off, so been playing Soul Sacrifice.

Early game spoilers
Soritaria D: Is there a way to save her? I've been saving everything so far. Judging from the ingame hints, I assume not. Also willing to bet that trying to save her or the curse she brought upon the magus is the key driving force.

Also, read the mythos entries in the Libram, pretty much everything has a twisted/tragic ending to it, reminds me a lot of the Claymore anime/manga

Ken

your a boss. were trying right now and failing hard. i got her to red on my own though.

Na, just abuse 150% and the golem.

Kill trash, attack fruit, golem, and try to keep the monster stunned under the golem. 40 seconds of constant golem is a ton of damage.

Only difficult is trash mobs from out of nowhere D:

Ken

she usually gets me with the explosion or filling the level with fire.

edit: yes, this game! me and frost just did it. feels good man.

Save the second freezing hell for when she charges up the explosion.

I find you can easily get two elemental stuns but the scaling goes so high afterwards that it seems impossible to get a third quickly.

Hey guys, got a room going?

Finally have some time off, so been playing Soul Sacrifice.

Early game spoilers
Soritaria D: Is there a way to save her? I've been saving everything so far. Judging from the ingame hints, I assume not. Also willing to bet that trying to save her or the curse she brought upon the magus is the key driving force.
Nope :( Just 20 Light, one time only.

Spwn

Did they tweak the amount of Lacrima you receive from swiping the book's cover between the demo and full version? I feel like I'm getting way less of it in the full version between missions.

Ken

Did they tweak the amount of Lacrima you receive from swiping the book's cover between the demo and full version? I feel like I'm getting way less of it in the full version between missions.

Maybe? But they removed the 100 cap on it so unless you're constantly using lacrima every mission it shouldn't be an issue. I'm sitting on close to 16000 tears right now.

ZeroAKA

Freeze + golem + volt bomb combo is the best. Also, I could be wrong but it seems that the "100 online games" trophy might be able to work offline through ad-hoc. Just create a room and start the game solo. The strange thing about this is that if you go to the Sorcerer Stats page, the game actually makes up sorcerers even if there was nobody but you in the party...

matmanx1

That's the general consensus.
It would also be why the cursed part drop from Centaur is viable.

Centaur drop is probably my favorite thrown offering right now. It seems to cause the Burn affliction incredibly reliably. And if it really is 10 damage times 5 arrows then it's not bad at all damage wise. Can it be upgraded into an M and then an L?

Finished Radux storyline and a few of the Avalon missions tonight. There's far more content here than I originally thought. And I'm having a blast with it.

Lacrima is slower, yes, but you can get 50-100 per fight still if you're doing the later Avalon pacts.

Good games, Agent.

Anyone needs help, I'm sure Agent or I would be glad to if you send us an invite.

Otherwise, can't wait for the DLC bosses. Hope they're fun and the new spells are good. :)

Sorry frost internet is acting up and I'm updating fireware..

No worries. I should be around when you're good to go, I'll give you a hand for sure (if you need it, that is).

Guys what does the affinity represent on your AI partners?

Basically it's their experience level. When it hits the checkpoints, they gain a new spell and more def/power.

Beat the double Elven Queens after like 20 minutes or so... That was brutal.

Legendary sorceror am cry.

That one is brutal.
Unless you have a couple pros running around with the resolute sigil. ;)
When Agent and I just did it with Cyborg, what was it? 9 minutes? :D
Having a good team is crucial in those late game pacts.

--

Stole this from Pocket Gamer:

The first of these three packs should be available on May 28th, and is cheerily entitled the "Headless Knights and Starving Ruin Dwellers pack".

It features two new bosses (Dullahan and Behemoth); the Goliath map; eight new missions; new Berserker magic; and augmented reality support.

On June 11th, the "A Drunk and a Chef pack" should make an appearance. In this, we'll come face-to-face with the Dwarf and Ogre bosses, and be able to tackle another eight missions.

Finally, the "Wild Wheels and Apparition pack" will go live on June 25th. This'll contain the Oroboros and Wraith bosses; eight more missions; and new Angelus magic.

OmegaZero

Excalibur, more like Trollcalibur amirite?

Just finished the double Illicebra pact, no thanks to Excalibur. I activated it to attempt to finish off one of them and it goes past her and tries to hit the one that my partners separated from me.
Of course, it falls short and hits nothing. >_>

wilflare

few more hours and I'm finally done with this semester.
just need to meet my professor
can't wait to get online with all of you full-time

KiraFA37

Okay finally got a chance to play the game yesterday evening, internet was a bit crappy so I played some offline missions. The story has gotten my attention but I need some better spells,
Eleven queen was a bitch
, I shall be hitting online next.

ZeroAKA

You can just play solo online too.
And that SUCKS. :(
Ad-hoc is much more reliable for me. :p

Do you want to run through Avalon VIII+ with me sometime tomorrow or Thursday night? I'm at around 45/30 right now (still haven't unlocked the last Black Rite at Magic level 40 yet).

Emilbus

Finally picked this up. Abit late so i've got alot of catching up to do. Please add me to the list.

Emilbus - Emilbus29 (AU)

Anyone else just starting out, feel free to add me.

Do you want to run through Avalon VIII+ with me sometime tomorrow or Thursday night? I'm at around 45/30 right now (still haven't unlocked the last Black Rite at Magic level 40 yet).

Sure.
I might have panic attacks at redoing some of those, but yeah, if I'm on and you need help, just send me an invite.

I'm in for this as well if you want a third.

just got my platinum :) and immediately leveled down :p

Top Bottom