• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Grisby

Running with a good group and we're about to beat Cerberus...

Network error...
Network error...
Network error...

I could have sacrificed something right there, damn.

As nerdstick pointed out somewhere previously, bring a golem.

Break the shield, beat the snot out of him with something while he's "casting" the big spell, drop a golem and run. Make sure at full health at the midway point, as you get your offerings refilled for part 2.

Use some lock on while he's in the air, roll out of the way as he nears you, then drop another golem and beat the snot out of his... right (?) leg with something strong.

Use the right sigils.
If you go back and fight Illecebra somewhere, do the opposite of what you did before, you'll get a useful palm sigil for having both Illecebra LE and SE.

Thanks for your tips, I beat him with your advice! He was a cakewalk with that sigil.

Pictures for y'all.

2013-05-08-032027axskn.jpg

2013-05-08-032057tlsow.jpg

OmegaZero

Ugh, some randoms are just...
Doing the Griffon/Pheonix mission and the only 1/99 quits near the beginning.

The fight lasted 31 minutes. :/

EDIT: How are all you guys playing with each other? Through invites?
I'm not seeing any rooms/passwords in the previous pages.

game keeps on giving. got some new powers tonight. now i'm rocking chaoswyrm tail and skydragon tail.

thanks for the help with the ooze hunting frost.

Ken

Pictures for y'all.

I sure hate being stuck in demon tongue mode. > >

Here are my thoughts on the game, posted using Giant Bomb's editor because I like how it makes it look all professional looking.

Soul Sacrifice is a fun game, and Vita owners looking for something to scratch their action game itch should definitely check it out. The game's bite-sized mission structure makes it great for portable gaming, and the fast-paced action and satisfying gameplay increase the potential to get lost in a session for hours. While the minimization and de-emphasis on loot can cut end game short for some, it makes for a less daunting title where players can feel powerful and useful without significant grinding. Overall, Soul Sacrifice is a refreshing take on monster hunting and I highly recommend it to Vita owners with any interest in the genre.

I feel like I rambled too much but it's been awhile since I wrote anything.

spannicus

I'd love to see further progression of the forms past Chaos and Holy Mode. Hope SS2 will deliver much more in terms of variety of enemies and terrain. I cant help but wonder how the game would look on consoles.

The last mission on the 3th warlock chapter, the one that you have to beat a werewolf, alone, is a pain in the ass.

It was fast and, even being divine and with defense sigils, he did a LOT of damage.

After a good amount of tries, I was able to defeat it using a small exploit, there are a few columns on the ground that, even if they are small, they block the dash of the werewolf, giving me time to heal, and then the ice shield to stun him. But it was way more difficult than the previous bosses.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I want to play more of this game, but I dont want it to end. Every minute of playtime puts me nearer to the end. What to dooooo.

Grinchy

Banned

yuck. Dude, hosting the room is the best way to go if you have to play with randoms. It seems like people are hesitant to host their own rooms. But if you were hosting, you could have exited the mission the second the guy dropped instead of being stuck. And you can kick people who sacrifice at the beginning, ect.

I joined a couple rooms early on but I've only hosted my own since then since it's so much more convenient.

If you save her you get mission related to saving her.
If you sacrifice you get a diffrent mission.
But why would your choice on Avalon I affect missions that are in Avalon IV? No one would ever know that. It's not intuitive at all.

Ken

Yeah, I'm not going to filter through rooms to find one sacrificing Wyvern 10* so I made my own rooms and they fill up pretty quickly.

Abylim

Any vitabros able to help me out with a Wyvern SE++? Also, how do you unlock more avalon pacts? beat the game, and doing most of them now. But goddamn Wyvern wont give me his soul, the highest mission I have is 5 star. I can do double wyvern, but nowhere near as efficient as the 5 star.

PSN Abylim. Currently 1/81 (going for 1/99)

Finish the story, and then start working on the Fellow Sorcerer chapters and Aralon Pacts.

Im doing the opposite, treating all the other stuff as side missions and doing a bunch of pacts online then ill finish up the story, guess Im doing a little of everything.

Jinaar

I haven't played multiplayer yet, as I am trying to finish the single player first.

What gets me the best about this is how old school this feels, smashing your head against a rock and then finally smashing through it.

I've been stuck on
Phoenix
for a few days and finally murdered it in 14 minutes late last night. It took the 4th spell build I created and all the understanding of it's move sets to put it away. Love it when it goes from completely impossible to manageable/easier. I did it as 7/28, solo. Don't know if I was under leveled or not but it doesn't matter, love the difficulty.

Soon MP, soon...

I never sacrificed the Centaur in Avalon I, and it was still unlocked.

I'm 100% sure that's the way to unlock the Centaur Avalon IV quest. The harpy alone won't do it. You might have sacrificed him once or someone else might have online with you in the quest, but I'm certain it's a requirement.

vg260

Man, my backlog is too big, and I haven't touched this. Will it be a huge handicap to be way behind in terms of multiplayer?

ZeroAKA

I'm 100% sure that's the way to unlock the Centaur Avalon IV quest. The harpy alone won't do it. You might have sacrificed him once or someone else might have online with you in the quest, but I'm certain it's a requirement.
Nope, I've played through each of the Avalon I pacts once (except for Harpy, which I had to do another run for the sacrifice) and saved every boss.

Man, my backlog is too big, and I haven't touched this. Will it be a huge handicap to be way behind in terms of multiplayer?
Try to find rooms that match your level, or you might be able to leech off a GAF group. :p

Number45

I hope this has some legs online. I'm not bringing it online until I've done all of the non Avalon stuff... I feel like everyone will be done with the game by the time I get there. :'(

Currently 9/27.

Nope, I've played through each of the Avalon I pacts once (except for Harpy, which I had to do another run for the sacrifice) and saved every boss.

Try to find rooms that match your level, or you might be able to leech off a GAF group. :p

I was stuck on that for days and replayed the harpy multiple times alternating between sacrificing and saving. I'm 100% sure that right after sacrificing the Centaur in Avalon I the quest opened up in Avalon IV. You may need to sacrifice a Centaur and not specifically that one, but I'm positive it's needed. If you want to add it to the OP it's up to you, but there's a reason people keep asking that question. The harpy alone doesn't do the trick.

ZeroAKA

I was stuck on that for days and replayed the harpy multiple times alternating between sacrificing and saving. I'm 100% sure that right after sacrificing the Centaur in Avalon I the quest opened up in Avalon IV. You may need to sacrifice a Centaur and not specifically that one, but I'm positive it's needed. If you want to add it to the OP it's up to you, but there's a reason people keep asking that question. The harpy alone doesn't do the trick.
I've saved every boss in the game so far. For the branching paths, I usually sacrifice the monster first, finish the unlocked missions, immediately go back and save the monster, and then overwrite the book. The Avalon I centaur was definitely saved when I unlocked that Avalon IV quest. It would be nice if someone else can confirm though.

I've saved every boss in the game so far. For the branching paths, I usually sacrifice the monster first, finish the unlocked missions, immediately go back and save the monster, and then overwrite the book. The Avalon I centaur was definitely saved when I unlocked that Avalon IV quest. It would be nice if someone else can confirm though.

Do you have a Centaur SE? If so you sacrificed a Centaur and the quest unlocked. It's not like the split path quests that change depending if you save or sacrifice the archfiend. This one requires conditions to be fulfilled ONCE to unlock. If I go back and save that Centaur I won't lose the quest because it's already unlocked. If you never sacrifice the Centaur you don't get the quest. It's that simple really.

jamsy

Been playing this since release.

It was pretty great at first, but now I'm quickly finding it repetitive. Wish there was more than just fighting the same creatures in the same arenas over and over. Guess I knew what I was getting into since I played the demo but still...

As for online, I find that some people have terrible etiquette - ie swoop on every dead creature to save/sacrifice it.

And I dunno how people have such high levels so quickly. Maybe I'm playing it casually but I think I've put in some hours into it, and I'm still around 22/16. Do people play this thing like 20 hours a day?

cyborg009

Banned

Me and Frost, agent, sharkjaw, and man is obsolete always play during night time. Send us a friend request.

Also new DLC monster the site also has the lore but I can't translate it

ZeroAKA

Do you have a Centaur SE? If so you sacrificed a Centaur and the quest unlocked. It's not like the split path quests that change depending if you save or sacrifice the archfiend. This one requires conditions to be fulfilled ONCE to unlock. If I go back and save that Centaur I won't lose the quest because it's already unlocked. If you never sacrifice the Centaur you don't get the quest. It's that simple really.
Oh, that makes more sense. Still, I'll have to wait for confirmation.

Edit: Do you remember if you completed the Avalon I Centaur quest at all before unlocking the Avalon IV pacts? I think beating that quest (doesn't matter whether you save or sacrifice the Centaur) along with sacrificing the Harpy might be the triggers.

Oh, that makes more sense. Still, I'll have to wait for confirmation.

Edit: Do you remember if you completed the Avalon I Centaur quest at all before unlocking the Avalon IV pacts? I think beating that quest (doesn't matter whether you save or sacrifice the Centaur) along with sacrificing the Harpy might be the triggers.

Like I said I was stuck on that for several days until I read somewhere that the quest was Centaur so I specifically went and sacrificed the Centaur in Avalon I that I had previously saved to see if it would unlock the Centaur in Avalon IV and it did.

I'm 100% certain of this because I was doing it on purpose. If you want external confirmation it's fine (since there might also be another requisite). But I'm certain you at least need to sac the harpy to then be able to sac the Centaur in Avalon I to unlock the quest. After that it's unlocked forever and you can do whatever you want and never lose it.

ZeroAKA

Like I said I was stuck on that for several days until I read somewhere that the quest was Centaur so I specifically went and sacrificed the Centaur in Avalon I that I had previously saved to see if it would unlock the Centaur in Avalon IV and it did.

I'm 100% certain of this because I was doing it on purpose. If you want external confirmation it's fine (since there might also be another requisite). But I'm certain you at least need to sac the harpy to then be able to sac the Centaur in Avalon I to unlock the quest. After that it's unlocked forever and you can do whatever you want and never lose it.
The Japanese Wiki says that you just have to complete the Centaur mission (sacrificing not required). :/

The Japanese Wiki says that you just have to complete the Centaur mission (sacrificing not required). :/

It's wrong then. I had already saved the Centaur and had the trophies for finishing Avalon I through 3 and the Centaur in Avalon IV was still blacked out. I was stuck on this for days so I clearly remember how it went. Only when I played the Centaur on Avalon I a second time and sacrificed did it unlock for me. I'm sure that's how it went for me.

You can just add it as a possible additional next step in case people find it necessary. Sifting through 40 pages just to find that bit of info you might very well need could prove a hassle (I know I searched everywhere with no luck).

Top Bottom