• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Finally beat the game, my only complains are the lack of small enemy variety, how easy is to fight human sorcerers (hit- stun- repeat) and the final boss, but maybe I'm overpowered.

Overall a fantastic game, worth a VITA.

DigitalOp

Banned
I'm LTTP

But if Magusar is the journal writers partner.... Then who was writing in Librom?? I thought this was Magusars story the whole time...

And when should I actually fight Magusar? When I'm confident in my abilities??

Zemm

Finally beat the game, my only complains are the lack of small enemy variety, how easy is to fight human sorcerers (hit- stun- repeat) and the final boss, but maybe I'm overpowered.

Overall a fantastic game, worth a VITA.

These are my main complaints too. Illecebra is the easiest fight ever, since you can out-range all the human sorcerers very easily. I think it's pretty silly you have to fight her 3 or 4 times during the story. Saying that I was surprised at how much content there is. I completed the story in about 10-12 hours, then I have all of the Avalon pacts, AND I discovered the sorcerers stories, of which there are 5 or 6. So that's like 20-25 hours of top quality content without even touching the multiplayer. Good stuff.

Bittercup

Great, I had preordered the game at zavvi but it's now out of stock and apparently there weren't enough in stock for my order. I only got an email that they are sorry and still following this up with their suppliers.
Now I can either wait or buy it somewhere else for a significantly higher price :(

ZeroAKA

I'm LTTP

But if Magusar is the journal writers partner.... Then who was writing in Librom?? I thought this was Magusars story the whole time...

And when should I actually fight Magusar? When I'm confident in my abilities??
Just keep playing the game, and all will be revealed. ;)

I wouldn't fight Magusar until after completely finishing the Magusar story chapters. If you beat him early, you won't get the two Sanguine offerings. The ending probably wouldn't make any sense either.

To what balance?
I'm steadily climbing to my platinum; 10/83
went down to 11/89 for now. mostly to get rid of the hideous look, but i'm thinking 20/80 may be where i end up since i don't have much use for high level dark arm. i'm not going to be chasing to many high level sigil unlocks, but i will go for some of the mid tier ones.

ZeroAKA

went down to 11/89 for now. mostly to get rid of the hideous look, but i'm thinking 20/80 may be where i end up since i don't have much use for high level dark arm. i'm not going to be chasing to many high level sigil unlocks, but i will go for some of the mid tier ones.
10/90 should also work, although that 1 level difference probably won't matter much.

Grinding for life is so time-consuming. :/

OmegaZero

Can't believe I just noticed this, but when the camera is behind your character, he looks in the direction the camera is looking.
It's a nice little touch.

10/90 should also work, although that 1 level difference probably won't matter much.

yeah i started grinding, then went back to finishing the book/helping others, and finished up my last few levels last night. the thing about playing mp when going for the 99 is that one sacrifice/save towards the end will level you up quite a bit on the weaker side. there were games where i would lower my life level a bit, and by the time we were done i'd be right back where i started.

i at least want to get the level 2 sigils for explosive and throwing. if i get the level 3 stuff by just playing, then great.

game is awesome. haven't turned my consoles on since the demo came out. ready and waiting for the dlc.

It seems much more difficult to get multiplayer groups who are interested in life grinding. Seems everyone is going for chaos heavy builds to me.

I really wish there was a restart option for the final Magusar fight. I have died against him twice. I think I need to level up a bit, currently 17/58.

kinda wish i didn't, but i waited until i was on the last 2 sets of pacts before starting the forgotten pacts. i'd say if you have any available that are of a difficulty you can handle, do them. there's new bosses there, and having the first encounter be an overpowered/quick take down just takes some of the magic away.

Number45

Is there a best way of tackling the game then? I'm just doing a mixture of the forgotten pacts and running through the fellow sorcerers when they become available, I haven't really touched the Avalon stuff outside of the demo and I won't touch the MP until I've finished the main storyline at least.

Is there a best way of tackling the game then? I'm just doing a mixture of the forgotten pacts and running through the fellow sorcerers when they become available, I haven't really touched the Avalon stuff outside of the demo and I won't touch the MP until I've finished the main storyline at least.

i wouldn't say there's a best way. i'm just saying jumping around between different sections is something i wish i did more.

ZeroAKA

kinda wish i didn't, but i waited until i was on the last 2 sets of pacts before starting the forgotten pacts. i'd say if you have any available that are of a difficulty you can handle, do them. there's new bosses there, and having the first encounter be an overpowered/quick take down just takes some of the magic away.
Are there bosses that can only be fought in the Forgotten Pacts?

I really wish there was a restart option for the final Magusar fight. I have died against him twice. I think I need to level up a bit, currently 17/58.

I think you're higher than I was when I beat him.
What strategy are you using and where in the fight are you having issues?

This is true... I thought the "forgotten pacts" were going to be ways to access the missions you completed in earlier pacts that were struck through when you made the choice at the branch to go the opposite way. When I realized they weren't, I thought they were going to be some sort of extra stuff along the level of those last 3 fights in the Hour of Chartreuse. It would've been nice to have seen the Valkyrie and the unicorn when I was lower level and less powerful for sure.

It seems much more difficult to get multiplayer groups who are interested in life grinding. Seems everyone is going for chaos heavy builds to me.

You should've played in our group. I was lobbying for saves of the archfiends so that we could have all AI unlocked.

yeah i started grinding, then went back to finishing the book/helping others, and finished up my last few levels last night. the thing about playing mp when going for the 99 is that one sacrifice/save towards the end will level you up quite a bit on the weaker side. there were games where i would lower my life level a bit, and by the time we were done i'd be right back where i started.

i at least want to get the level 2 sigils for explosive and throwing. if i get the level 3 stuff by just playing, then great.

game is awesome. haven't turned my consoles on since the demo came out. ready and waiting for the dlc.

This is pretty much how I feel. We'll see where the next round of multi helping people out gets me. Not far to go now.

And yeah, I want the same sigils you do... maybe additionally the level 2 for damage with the base elements.

Siren, Unicorn, Pegasus, Valkyrie

cyborg009

Banned
Can't believe I just noticed this, but when the camera is behind your character, he looks in the direction the camera is looking.
It's a nice little touch.

Who?

Anyways some pics

KyxLa6w.jpg
ZBSmYHu.jpg

Zbb9NYc.jpg
UEEWV0R.jpg

yeah, and i wish i had killed them earlier to use their unique drops throughout the game more.

This is true... I thought the "forgotten pacts" were going to be ways to access the missions you completed in earlier pacts that were struck through when you made the choice at the branch to go the opposite way. When I realized they weren't, I thought they were going to be some sort of extra stuff along the level of those last 3 fights in the Hour of Chartreuse. It would've been nice to have seen the Valkyrie and the unicorn when I was lower level and less powerful for sure.

i'm laughing just thinking of when you first fought Valkyrie. she falls to the ground in under 30 seconds, and you go "is she dead?!"

You should've played in our group. I was lobbying for saves of the archfiends so that we could have all AI unlocked.

yeah were chaos, and we were saving like crazy for the ai partners.

This is pretty much how I feel. We'll see where the next round of multi helping people out gets me. Not far to go now.

And yeah, I want the same sigils you do... maybe additionally the level 2 for damage with the base elements.

gonna be awesome when i get the few i want. i tried the whistling over thing on the allies today, and felt horrible. setting up your ally just for the save/sacrifice :p

oh cyborg that derpasus pic is fantastic :)

Got this game you guys but I haven't got time to play much (Beaten all of Avalon 1 so far and haven't touched the story mode yet)

Surprisingly I got Japanese language pack and the preorder bonuses as well.

I think you're higher than I was when I beat him.
What strategy are you using and where in the fight are you having issues?

Final boss spoilers
I don't have any problems with his first form, but his second form has been killing me in 1-2 hits. Most of his attacks are easy to dodge, but when he goes into the air and swoops down at you is when I am having trouble. I am using mainly eggs and healing spells.

You might wanna spoiler some of that. I used 2 Fire roots, 1 ice root, 1 egg and 2 healing stuff. He didn't have a chance, but I got close to running out of the roots. Didn't get a chance to use the Black Rite. I was 25/40.

I don't have any problems with his first form, but his second form has been killing me in 1-2 hits. Most of his attacks are easy to dodge, but when he goes into the air and swoops down at you is when I am having trouble. I am using mainly eggs and healing spells.

As nerdstick pointed out somewhere previously, bring a golem.

Break the shield, beat the snot out of him with something while he's "casting" the big spell, drop a golem and run. Make sure at full health at the midway point, as you get your offerings refilled for part 2.

Use some lock on while he's in the air, roll out of the way as he nears you, then drop another golem and beat the snot out of his... right (?) leg with something strong.

Use the right sigils.
If you go back and fight Illecebra somewhere, do the opposite of what you did before, you'll get a useful palm sigil for having both Illecebra LE and SE.

Ken

Don't bother grinding for Throw III specifically since the bonus requires Dark V, meaning you'd have to stay in ugly form I.

Don't bother grinding for Throw III specifically since the bonus requires Dark V, meaning you'd have to stay in ugly form I.

gotcha.

i wish they did more things with level 99. instead we got a trophy and locked into outfits. would've been cool if reaching 99 also unlocked all the amulet armors in a variety of colors. i actually really like all of those.

DigitalOp

Banned
Im trying to play some rounds later tonight so Ill hop back in the thread when its time.

Agent & corrosive, I'd love to join yall in a pact and see yall at work lol

Ken

gotcha.

i wish they did more things with level 99. instead we got a trophy and locked into outfits. would've been cool if reaching 99 also unlocked all the amulet armors in a variety of colors. i actually really like all of those.

Yeah. Maybe unlock armor mix and match or something. NPCs can do it so I don't see why PCs can't.

Question...

Enjoying the game a whole lot, just beat the fourth main story chapter and I'm wondering...at what point should I start boosting my M spells into what I assume are L spells. I get by pretty well, am on the IV Avalon Pact track but I notice that just about every boss battle takes quite a lot of time and likewise I see very few M drops or rewards...

Is the ONLY way to boost your M into L to farm S drops for hours? Is there any point on sticking to one or two elements over a case by case basis?

Ken

Quests have L rank spells as rewards, but I think they are 9 and 10* quests. You can always boost M to L by farming M drops for hours too. :p

Every element is strong against at least one monster, but lightning seems to have the largest amount. Only the gargoyle is weak to poison, and only Cerberus And Valkyrie are weak to stone so that's kind of lame. Of course, it's smart to have something for everything regardless.

is online MP the best way to farm?
I've been grinding III/IV missions but they arent doing much

My tip is to not grind low rank missions at all but try to aim for as high as you can without grinding. The offering rewards get better going up and really minimizes the need to grind for lower rank material. Also I feel HP scaling with multiple people is a little harsh so online farming really depends on team composition and if everyone is pulling their weight.

Grinchy

Banned
any downside when teaming up with higher level people? i'm killing these bosses faster than i should.

IMO that is the downside. They can basically carry you through the match. It's like being powerleveled in an MMO. Sure you'll get to a higher level faster but it was boring and you've learned nothing about playing the game in the meantime.

IMO that is the downside. They can basically carry you through the match. It's like being powerleveled in an MMO. Sure you'll get to a higher level faster but it was boring and you've learned nothing about playing the game in the meantime.

guess i'll go solo until i beat the story then.

Grinchy

Banned
guess i'll go solo until i beat the story then.

You can make your own room if you want and just be specific about what you're doing in the room name. Also when you're creating it you can tell it what missions you'll be doing so that people who are searching for those specifically will see your room.

It's not very nice, but you can even kick people out if they are like level 90 and they are joining your little level 30 room.

You can make your own room if you want and just be specific about what you're doing in the room name. Also when you're creating it you can tell it what missions you'll be doing so that people who are searching for those specifically will see your room.

It's not very nice, but you can even kick people out if they are like level 90 and they are joining your little level 30 room.

yea, i've been naming my rooms. but i don't like to kick. i only kick jackasses :p

Holmes

Wait, what? Just did the Cerberus story mission and I didn't even have to defeat it!? But I was totally kicking ass too. :( Although it had just caught me off guard and jumped on me, all while my golem was spewing poison on it.

And now Illecebra again? Ugh, this woman.

Wait, what? Just did the Cerberus story mission and I didn't even have to defeat it!? But I was totally kicking ass too. :( Although it had just caught me off guard and jumped on me, all while my golem was spewing poison on it.

Yea some fights they pretty much escape to fight another day, part of the story.

Grinchy

Banned

haha I felt the same way. In the fight where there's a 3rd guy waiting to be saved/sac'd, I think I beat the mission in like 2 minutes. I just wanted to destroy the hell out of that Cerb.

Holmes

Took him down properly, although the fact that he doesn't have to spawn is pretty annoying. Was much harder than the first encounter. Had to beat him twice because I sacrificed Magusar the first first time around and the game bitched me out.

matmanx1

I just got out of some MP matches in which everyone was higher level than I and we were doing some pretty tough bosses. I don't know which Pact they came from but we did Werewolf several times and I got Blazetree Roots as rewards (those are L, right?) as well as some other cool stuff that was more powerful than what I was using. I used my Black Rite and Golems in pretty much every fight and didn't die any so I'd like to think I was pulling my own weight.

I think I'm going to pick up the soundtrack off of the PSN this week. The music's stuck in my head now and there are some really good songs on it.

Top Bottom