• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

yup. no one is gonna be running around with just viviblossom as their healing item.

Not unless they're going to be screaming to steal grub sacrifices every 2 seconds to refill... things have like 5 extra damage and 7 less casts. Hell the medium heal blossom I was using until I got the large was 70 heal/7 casts -- this is 100 heal/2 casts. :lol
The difference between the DLC storm pinion and a medium 2 star? 5 damage.

Not unless they're going to be screaming to steal grub sacrifices every 2 seconds to refill... things have like 5 extra damage and 7 less casts. Hell the medium heal blossom I was using until I got the large was 70 heal/7 casts -- this is 100 heal/2 casts. :lol
The difference between the DLC storm pinion and a medium 2 star? 5 damage.

the only blitz move I use is the traitor's horn (L) that the derpasus drops. 120 power, but I need 7 more to get it to 10 casts. useful for the invincibility when you can't get away, rushing enemies in the air, and as an evasive move as well.

Why do I have to complete some missions again in sp if completed in mp, thats the reason why im playing mp.

Huh? I don't understand this post. If you complete something in multiplayer, it's done, same as if you played it in single player with or without AI partners. I'm not sure what you're talking about. None of the story missions are multiplayer though... so there's that?

the only blitz move I use is the traitor's horn (L) that the derpasus drops. 120 power, but I need 7 more to get it to 10 casts. useful for the invincibility when you can't get away, rushing enemies in the air, and as an evasive move as well.

Yeah, I was using one of the pinions for that at one point. But I learned the hard way that some bosses would catch you with something as you were falling back to the ground and I started to abandon it.

Ahrg I'm still at avalon IV, how do I unlock V? Cerberus is kicking my ass. I'm lvl 47, 20/27.

Complete more story missions?

cyborg009

Banned
DLC Troll video: http://youtu.be/PTy2vAxulSA
DLC Basilisk video: http://youtu.be/C9lwIJEsB44

8 of the free bosses revealed, 5 more to go.

Game needs artbook

1368158350811_%E3%83%88%E3%83%AD%E3%83%AB_%E4%BA%BA%E9%96%93%E3%81%AE%E6%99%82%E3%81%AE%E5%A7%BF.jpg
1368158338846_%E3%83%90%E3%82%B8%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF_%E4%BA%BA%E9%96%93%E3%81%AE%E6%99%82%E3%81%AE%E5%A7%BF.jpg

What kind of spells are people using on the higher avalon pacts (VIII-X)? I'm finding homing spells to be less effective than they were in the earlier pacts, and I've been using eggs more often now. I also rarely use any short-ranged spells.

Mihos

Gold Member
Man, I am sucking at this game. I think I will just stay off line until I can do my Rocky montage this weekend or read a faq or something.

Spwn

Man, I am sucking at this game. I think I will just stay off line until I can do my Rocky montage this weekend or read a faq or something.

I actually feel playing some online would do you good. You'll most likely play against higher level monsters and you'd 1) level up faster 2) get better spells to use in SP.

Zemm

Hmmm, he's one of my favorites.
You'll really love Siren and perhaps Minotaur then. :)

I can kill him without getting touched but the burrow skill of his I can't figure out, it's so random where it comes up and there's about a 20% chance of it hitting me, and at my level (11/27) it's pretty much a one shot. That's on 7 star avalon version. The previous 7 star fights were easy, this fight is easy, but I can't tell if this fight is really RNG or I haven't just figured out his burrow move.

What kind of spells are people using on the higher avalon pacts (VIII-X)? I'm finding homing spells to be less effective than they were in the earlier pacts, and I've been using eggs more often now. I also rarely use any short-ranged spells.

i was pretty much all about homing in the demo and beginning of the game, but now i don't enter a battle without throw and explosive offerings. i also try to bring blanket offerings for quick elemental stuns.

I can kill him without getting touched but the burrow skill of his I can't figure out, it's so random where it comes up and there's about a 20% chance of it hitting me, and at my level (11/27) it's pretty much a one shot. That's on 7 star avalon version. The previous 7 star fights were easy, this fight is easy, but I can't tell if this fight is really RNG or I haven't just figured out his burrow move.

UchihaRX was telling us that you just need to run in like a 2m radius circle and he can't catch you.
I generally have the timing down to roll out of the way just as he breaks up through the ground.

i was pretty much all about homing in the demo and beginning of the game, but now i don't enter a battle without throw and explosive offerings. i also try to bring blanket offerings for quick elemental stuns.

Yeah, pretty much... I add other things in as well. I like to make use of bombs or shields or golems as dictated by the boss.
Also, there are times when I'm playing with the group where I can honestly see the need to put on my melee hat or the like to get better damage; example: phoenix in under 5 minutes. There's a reason I dropped the eggs and throw spells... we weren't doing enough damage. So when agent or cyborg would knock her out of the air, I'd be in her face with the right sigils and the ice giant god's arm. I think I was getting something like 100 base damage x attack power of 600+ thanks to resolute sigil and high 70-90 magic level combined with +90% damage from the 2 frostblade sigils and +60% damage from the 2 arm sigils. So if you figure that out, with all told, it was like 100 base x 605 attack + 300% damage and she was weak against it. ;)

So yeah, it depends on the situation. If I have healers to pick me up, I'll get up in anything's face with an arm or a weapon if I have to. But, again, I prefer throwing and explosives just like agent with the rest mixed in to compliment.

Zemm

I'll try that. Yeah I have the timing down pretty well, but it's such a long fight (15-20m) that there are plenty of chances for him to catch me and he usually does when he's so close to death :/

hmm will try this next time (I usually roll at the last minute or constantly roll)

Constantly rollin is dangerous. It takes away from footspeed so he can catch you and if you happen to be at the wrong part of the animation, you're going to be in a world of pain.

Side note: those of us who have played longer and are at a higher overall level may die just as quickly as you do. Agent and I are 11:89 and 15:85 respectively. And we don't use defensive sigils 99% of the time. :)

is it me or has the thread started to slow down a little already? :/

That feel when everybody has blown by you online :(

I started to avoid this thread when that happened. lol Lots of talk about late game stuff that I am nowhere near doing yet. Well I am pretty sure I could beat the story campaign, I am close, but I have over half of the pacts left.

Grinchy

Banned
It's not necessarily a great strategy, but if you morph into one of those big balls when cyclops is underground, when he pops up he just breaks your ball and doesn't seem to do dmg.

Rasec

That feel when everybody has blown by you online :(

I started to avoid this thread when that happened. lol Lots of talk about late game stuff that I am nowhere near doing yet. Well I am pretty sure I could beat the story campaign, I am close, but I have over half of the pacts left.

that ^[2]

What bothers me a little is that i'm still kinda weak, 21/15 since i don't have much time to play and while in the first days the multiplayer was very cool, now i try to enter a room and usually there's 50/60 of over 40 levels and they start so say "HARD" or "you're noob" and that makes me to stop playing multiplayer.

But i see that on single i have more difficulty to raise my levels or get some spell that can help me more.

that ^[2]

What bothers me a little is that i'm still kinda weak, 21/15 since i don't have much time to play and while in the first days the multiplayer was very cool, now i try to enter a room and usually there's 50/60 of over 40 levels and they start so say "HARD" or "you're noob" and that makes me to stop playing multiplayer.

But i see that on single i have more difficulty to raise my levels or get some spell that can help me more.

Odd.

Guess it depends on the room.

Agent and I started a room the other day to farm the Wyvern in Avalon X -- nobody from GAF/friends lists were online really, so I made a public room and waited. We played two matches I think, and one of them had a 21/14 or so. He wasn't the greatest for the fight, but he helped by picking us up or being a target when needed and he got some damn good loot out of it for his level. I didn't kick him cause I know everyone can help, so long as they're not playing like a jerkdish.

--

I can only imagine how people would've treated me if I'd screwed up and saved my botched downlevel attempt that put me at 9:1. LOL

Ken

Odd.

Agent and I started a room the other day to farm the Wyvern in Avalon X -- nobody from GAF/friends lists were online really, so I made a public room and waited. We played two matches I think, and one of them had a 21/14 or so. He wasn't the greatest for the fight, but he helped by picking us up or being a target when needed and he got some damn good loot out of it for his level. I didn't kick him cause I know everyone can help, so long as they're not playing like a jerkdish.

--

I can only imagine how people would've treated me if I'd screwed up and saved my botched downlevel attempt that put me at 9:1. LOL

Saving or sacrificing? I still need to farm Wyvern for LE++.

New codes on Sony's Blog for the last two unique offerings. http://t.co/ISN2rVMslV

C7DE-37NA-758R
P5CJ-PNNL-R79C
Q9GJ-BTNL-CEB5
4R7F-QENE-CD4L

Thanks for the heads up. Redeeming but probably won't use. > >

Grinchy

Banned
that ^[2]

Just host your own room. It puts you in control of everything.

KiraFA37

Well I just had an excellent game with some randoms. Room was farming a level with a werewolf in it and they were all almost 30-40 levels higher then me. Proceeded to be useful by using a shield and golem and trying to keep the wolf in place, since I knew they would be dealing the most damage. Only downside is they kept sacrificing the wolf so now I lost my devine arm II.

Gunna find (create?) a room now and save some lives.

Rasec

Odd.

--

Just host your own room. It puts you in control of everything.

Maybe i had bad luck in that 2 days. xD
I might try again here and there.
Thanks for the tip.

Finally got around to playing this game. Damn, the online mode is awesome, played a couple of hours with my brother. Really liking it so far, I hope it can keep me hooked as long as MH can.

if all archfiends have a unique drop does that mean the all dlc archfiends have one too?

Those drops are the most powerful, but the most tedious to get to rank L. Some drops as rank L though. I think only on high rank battles.

I got the Centaur and Valkyrie and Slime break off as rank L so far.

Those drops are the most powerful, but the most tedious to get to rank L. Some drops as rank L though. I think only on high rank battles.

I got the Centaur and Valkyrie and Slime break off as rank L so far.

i like them all. i have quite a few (L) versions that i use frequently like traitor's horn and tyrants tentacle. the werewolf one is good as well since it's 3 hits, and you can pull it off super quick. some of the homing ones really good range without the need to charge it up.

Man, the Cerberus fight took me 17 minutes offline but I jump online with a friend and it goes down in 4. This AI sucks.

do it without the ai. they're just adding health.

anybody fight the wyvern and have him kneel down in pain in mid air?

this was a scary moment man.

Indeed. I almost crapped my pants and then had to figure out the best way to try to get around the issue.

Saving or sacrificing? I still need to farm Wyvern for LE++.

Thanks for the heads up. Redeeming but probably won't use. > >

Sacrificing at that point. I wanted Wyvern SE+. Got everything including but SE++ for the longest time. :lol:

What do you want the LE++ for?

This happens offline as well?! I thought that only happened while playing with more people online!

This changes everything.

yes. it always adds health if there are more "people".

the catch is "do I need a second target or someone who might be able to pick me up and can I cover the damage necessary to offset the health increase".

normally I roll solo now.

This happens offline as well?! I thought that only happened while playing with more people online!

This changes everything.

yeah i believe someone threw the percentages up before, but i can't find it. i like to have the archfiends undivided attention. it's hard to execute a plan when two others are leading him in the opposite direction.

Top Bottom