• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Is that last image up there not a spoiler of some kind? I'm out of this thread, will find it again when I can't be spoiled any more.

If you're referring to cyborg009's picture of the naked girl with the skull, that's just one of the Lure offerings in effect (Red Fruit of Lust).

KiraFA37

There's also one with a guy one to complete the set.

Just finished all the story missions and challenged Magusar.
I got beaten badly, doesn't really help there aren't any spots to refill offerings. Also I call hacks on the golems he summons >.>
Now just enjoying the credit music. Really liked the story, wonder how the sequel will live up to it.

Abylim

Ok, any input on solo builds? I prefer homing, have access to most dark sigils. I dont think staying 1/99 is viable. I cant take many hits and its not smart to take allies most of the time.

Open to suggestions! I'd prefer not going deep divine, as thats abit of grinding lol

Mostly getting stuck on 10 star missions, or doubles. (Double elven queen, Illecebra etc)

Abylim

Anyone able to tell me where the hell Leviathan is? It's all I need for one of my attack amps. I'm getting through most of the missions, so I'll figure it out soon enough, but would be good to know which ones to focus on.

Spwn

Thanks for the tip of monster HP rising if you have companions. Going solo now and every battle takes so much less time to complete.

Wanny

I was going divine all the way then I just decided after all to put on some Soul points and wow it made an amazing difference to damage and boss clear speed, even a few levels. Not worth going all the way divine.

Xiul

20130511110617.jpg

How do i unlock this one ?

I think i tried all possoble save/sacrifice combinations of tho previous linked scenarios.

I just saved the pumpkin to open it.

I just saved the pumpkin to open it.

Yup, that's how those work -- anything with the drawn arrows like that means a branch depending on whether you save or sacrifice.

In this case, it branches on the Jack OL battle and depending on save or sacrifice, opens 1 of the 2 after it.

How the heck do I unlocked some here (the couple below the highlighted mission), as you can see I did some locked missions online but not sure how to get to the others in sp, I cant redo the missions I did in mp to unlock the sp locked missions, confused.

20130511112734.jpg

Prinny

How the heck do I unlocked some here (the couple below the highlighted mission), as you can see I did some locked missions online but not sure how to get to the others in sp, I cant redo the missions I did in mp to unlock the sp locked missions, confused.

20130511112734.jpg
IIRC you need to sacrifice the Harpy in Avalon I.

Yup, that's how those work -- anything with the drawn arrows like that means a branch depending on whether you save or sacrifice.

In this case, it branches on the Jack OL battle and depending on save or sacrifice, opens 1 of the 2 after it.

Actually i clicked something too fast and didn't agree to overwrite results so after first save it still showed old configuration :D

Actually i clicked something too fast and didn't agree to overwrite results so after first save it still showed old configuration :D

Normally I click too fast and overwrite my save with a sacrifice and then say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, unless I'm trying to get back to one of the blacked out pacts. I hate that the prompt defaults to overwrite...

Cha

Just finished the main story :D It was excellent!
Question about something missing from the story>
We don't get to fight the big Sea Serpent boss again? (the one we "fought" at the very beginning of the game) Or is he in the Avalon quests somewhere?

Also finished all of the "Fellow Sorcerers" stories. Wish there were more of those. So good.

finally got Wyvern SE++ and one random wanted to save it hahaha tooo bad. I have to go back to 1/99 though, thankfully there is element armors.

Ken

Why do they increase the amount of time needed to save if you're 1/99? Makes farming wyvern a pain when you kill it faster than the actual saving.

SharkJAW

Why do they increase the amount of time needed to save if you're 1/99? Makes farming wyvern a pain when you kill it faster than the actual saving.
If you're 1/99, why would you be saving it? Don't all sigils designed for that setup require SEs anyway?

Ken

If you're 1/99, why would you be saving it? Don't all sigils designed for that setup require SEs anyway?

I got 1/99 first for farming/trophy purposes. I have my most of my sigils for 1/99 already, but don't really like staying in this form so while I can farm things quickly I'm going to work on getting neutral sigils instead of swapping to neutral first and farming as 50/50.

spannicus

Had fun playing with a 1/99 yesterday. The only thing I noticed besides him killing bosses fast was the fact that he died very easily.

Holmes

Argh.
Illecebra's archfiend
form is kicking my ass. Any tips? I'm 22/24 at the moment, but if I can't get her down in a few more tries, I'm gonna grind a bit more. Most likely on the chaos side.

edit: grinding it is

Zemm

Argh.
Illecebra's archfiend
form is kicking my ass. Any tips? I'm 22/24 at the moment, but if I can't get her down in a few more tries, I'm gonna grind a bit more. Most likely on the chaos side.

Hardest fight in the game imo. Atleast story side. I did it around your level, probably a bit lower but it was long and hard (that's what she said!).

i've got 13 (L) versions of the unique boss drops. some of the ones that don't really have a high difficulty mission are get be tougher to get/make.

Argh.
Illecebra's archfiend

I just loaded my offerings with various eggs and stayed as far away as possible from her.

I just loaded my offerings with various eggs and stayed as far away as possible from her.

Yep I learned early on that every time it said "personal battle" I'd have to just load up on ranged attacks and spam away. They became pretty easy after that.

Yea I used eggs for my second battle with you know who and that shit was almost a cakewalk and looked pretty broken at a glance. I even used the DLC ones too haha

Doing more story and its getting even crazier
(that resemblance to Sortiara and mother thing LOL).

IIlcebra is the best character so far since crazy stuff always happen when she's around. I also think you guys kinda spoiled part of it for me due to namedropping a certain phantom quest :(

With that in mind my crazy ass theory so far
is that IIlcebra and Sortiara are of the same soul but split into two and became a Gemini soul. IIRC its said that if a soul is really strong it will take try to take over whoever consumed it and if successful return to their original form and even rarely split into 2. Then during their sacrifice run around the place the memory stuff affects one of them and that one becomes the one we know as Sortiara.

If true it kinda gives a greater meaning to the name of Sortiara's shard when you save or sacrifice her (Mad Witch) plus that Phantom quest makes a bit more sense also imo. lol

This is just me thinking out loud here and it should be interesting if I got anything while continuing this ride :p

matmanx1

I don't think the story in this game is getting enough love. The farther I get into it the better it gets. I just started "Beginning of the End" tonight and it's fairly serious and emotional and interestingly done.

Finishing the chapter before that "Fading Humanity", I went out with an epic win against the Cerberus. 520 points and a Cerberus SE++ on my first try and I only had to rez Magusar once. Take that, you rotten dog!

My favorite part is the
Illecebra mother twist. I didn't see that one coming.

Interesting theory posted in the gamefaqs board.

The books in the background might be proof that there is an endless cycle of "Librom". It makes sense if you save Magusar you become a book and the soul of Librom will devour yours and essentially you become Librom. Just like how the nameless person became Magusar.

Just had an awesome match against dual illecebra. One guy sacrificed another super early and then kept dying. So I sacced him when both illecebras were still yellow. The last guy used a black rite and was out of spells so he asked me to sacrifice him when one was red and the other barely orange. I managed to kill the red one somewhat quickly, but the other...

Plus I had already used Excallibur, so I had to constantly keep healing myself and killing grunts to refill my spells. It was amazing. Her poison attack from the floor kept missing me by nanoseconds after recovering from petrification. It was such an intense fight while all the other guys kept cheering me on. After a loooong time I managed to kill it. Very few games can give you such a sense of accomplishment.

Surprisingly good game! I had low expectations because of the low reviews. But I bought it anyway. I'm almost finished chp4 in the story missions and I am quite loving it.

The first couple hours were rough. It's so non traditional and just figuring out the proper strategies took some time. Once I got in the groove it became a lot of fun. I actually did not have to do that much grinding so far.

Besides enjoying the game-play, the actual writing for the story is probably the most surprisingly awesome part of this game for me. So much better than what I expected. I was expecting complete nonsense just as an excuse to have a SP component. But man it is surprisingly good. And I am actually emotionally involved in the stories.

I wonder who they hired for the translation? Voice acting is hit and miss. But kudos to the translation people for sure! Really high quality work here. Even just reading the Lore parts of the book I am really impressed.

I don't think the story in this game is getting enough love. The farther I get into it the better it gets. I just started "Beginning of the End" tonight and it's fairly serious and emotional and interestingly done.

I came to post the same thing... I was not prepared for this level of engagement from just the story.

Sol1dus

Magusar is the most worthless pos in Soul Sacrifice. Fighting against the Cerberus I have to freaking babysit the tool because he dies every 25 seconds.

It's possible to beat all the missions alone?,I'm having a hard time with some missions, I feel like they are made to be played with people.

Top Bottom