• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

ZeroAKA

It's wrong then. I had already saved the Centaur and had the trophies for finishing Avalon I through 3 and the Centaur in Avalon IV was still blacked out. I was stuck on this for days so I clearly remember how it went. Only when I played the Centaur on Avalon I a second time and sacrificed did it unlock for me. I'm sure that's how it went for me.

You can just add it as a possible additional next step in case people find it necessary. Sifting through 40 pages just to find that bit of info you might very well need could prove a hassle (I know I searched everywhere with no luck).
Done.

How do I unlock the blacked-out missions in Avalon Pact IV (Atonement)?
Complete all of the missions in the Destinies Past story, sacrifice the Harpy in Avalon Pact I (Innocence) - Snowfield Glutton, and complete the Desert Drag mission
(Avalon Pact I). You may need to sacrifice the Centaur.

pahamrick

Just wanted to say I didn't need to sacrifice the Centaur either, just had to go back and sacrifice the Harpy to unlock the quest in IV. Had saved all bosses up until that point without a single sacrifice.

Done.

How do I unlock the blacked-out missions in Avalon Pact IV (Atonement)?
Complete all of the missions in the Destinies Past story, sacrifice the Harpy in Avalon Pact I (Innocence) - Snowfield Glutton, and complete the Desert Drag mission
(Avalon Pact I). You may need to sacrifice the Centaur.

So weird.
I didn't have to sacrifice him. And I guarantee you that because we skipped the 5 missions at the end of Avalon IV and started Avalon V. When I saw nerdstick tell me to go sacrifice Snowfield Glutton Harpy in Avalon I, I did. I then immediately checked Avalon IV and the first of the 5 blacked out quests was open. I proceeded to solo them because I have some OCD tendencies and did my standard sacrifice @ branch point > save > save @ branch point > save pattern to get all the AI partners.

Being playing the story and i'm still intrigued by it due to the info being dropped
(the whole memories clusterfuck thing in particular)

One thing that really caught me was what
Morgan Le Fay aka that "I" name I can't bother to write said when you fought her by referring to you (apparently) as a "her" even though i'm a dude.

Now i'm wondering if that has some actual meaning, or batshit insane talk due to the whole memories thing or a translation error since SCEE already fucked up the names already.

Anyways I will be continuing on this ride and see where it eventually goes.

Being playing the story and i'm still intrigued by it due to the info being dropped
(the whole memories clusterfuck thing in particular)

One thing that really caught me was what
Morgan Le Fay aka that "I" name I can't bother to write said when you fought her by referring to you (apparently) as a "her" even though i'm a dude.

Now i'm wondering if that has some actual meaning, or batshit insane talk due to the whole memories thing or a translation error since SCEE already fucked up the names already.

Anyways I will be continuing on this ride and see where it eventually goes.

No, it has meaning, and it's effing amazing.

No, it has meaning, and it's effing amazing.

Alright, good to know (I have a theory for that so i'll see how that goes) and i'm really liking the lore for the archfiends and how they became the way they did.

Also I think its more impactful for me when I read it after fighting one for the first time since you see their quirks and the meaning those have.

KiraFA37

So the "she" has a meaning? Thought my save just didn't save correctly when switching between genders. Starting the beginning of the end now so I'll find out soon.

OK another quick question!

So all of the Avalon Pacts that I cannot do, because lets say I've saved instead of sacrificing, are those closed off to me forever since I dont want to loose the allies? I know I can redo the missions and choose to sacrifice but does this not take away the work I've done with those allies?

KillerAJD

Hey, I've got two of the Pre-Order DLC codes, plus a few exclusive DLC codes for retail employees that I don't need. I'd feel scummy asking for straight up cash for them, but does anybody here want to trade for a PSN card or maybe even something through Steam? I got these through the PS Retail loyalty site, but I'm not planning on getting the game anytime soon, and DLC stuff doesn't really matter to me. I've got no idea what they're "worth" though, haha.

20 hours in, I'm done with the game. For some reason is the only vita game that makes my eyes hurt and I also get disoriented after 30 minutes of gameplay (first time this happens to me after years of gaming). Also the grinding got to me.

My build was 32/32. Loved the story so far, is a shame I wont finish it. Definitely $36 well spent.

bLaiSe

So all of the Avalon Pacts that I cannot do, because lets say I've saved instead of sacrificing, are those closed off to me forever since I dont want to loose the allies? I know I can redo the missions and choose to sacrifice but does this not take away the work I've done with those allies?

No, you can always revive them in the allies section for 100 lacrima and the affinity level will stay the same.

ZeroAKA

Sacrifice archfiend and rewrite book: Ally is removed from your party list. You can get him/her back by completing the mission and choosing to save them again.
Sacrifice fallen ally in battle: Ally is considered "dead" but still in your party list. You can revive him/her with Lacrima.

In both cases, affinity stays the same as before the ally was sacrificed.

matmanx1

Anyone know how the Golem Mask offerings work? I got a couple of those last night and it says something about summoning a golem with the assistance of an ally. It seems to be the same power level as the normal golem but last twice as long. Is that the only advantage?

Kaji

Anybody heard anything about when the Japanese Voice Pack will be available for purchase on EU store like it is for US? Or if it will be?.....

Ken

i see most people go with dark arm? why is that and how viable is neutral? i'm trying to stay neutral but it's hard.

Neutral sigils seem to be focused on lures, stasis, summons, and poison so it seems more about supporting than anything else. The 50/50 split will still be a great help in soloing things with non-neutral sigils.

Dark arm is all about attack so fast clears I guess.

Neutral sigils seem to be focused on lures, stasis, summons, and poison so it seems more about supporting than anything else. The 50/50 split will still be a great help in soloing things with non-neutral sigils.

Dark arm is all about attack so fast clears I guess.

doesn't sound so bad. i'll stay neutral for now.

OmegaZero

How do I unlock the Tail spells (like Skydragon Tail)?
I have the required ingredients if the internet is to be believed, but nothing's showing up in my fuse list.

How do I unlock the Tail spells (like Skydragon Tail)?
I have the required ingredients if the internet is to be believed, but nothing's showing up in my fuse list.

chaoswyrm tail - firemother's quill (M), captain's tentacle (M), and slime ooze (L)

skydragon tail - spear fragment (M), tyrant's tentacle (M), and slime ooze (L)

for the tri versions just replace the (M)'s with (L)'s. should show up in your list if you have the offerings. if for some reason they aren't try restarting the game.

Just played the demo love everything about it. It's like Demon's Souls & Monster Hunter had a baby. I had monster hunter freedom unite on PSP & this just blows it out of the water. What's up with those mediocre reviews though? Its like only destructoid had any type of sense of taste. From what I have played it should be getting 8s, 9s, & 10s. Not 6s & 7s.

Help! My gf gave me a gift just deciding to get it retail tommorow or now on psn its only 35 bucks on PSN but 40 retail.
I like the ability of direct download to play anytime. But am a ps + subscriber with the smallest memory card. Always having to delete games and upload to cloud. This is why I haven't dled the demo sooner.
I also like having game boxes for physical releases. Help me decide my vita brethren.

Today dl or tommorow retail....

Ken

99 Attack and mortars are OP.

A 1/99 dude joined our party and destroyed every boss in 2 minutes tops.

Eggs are great but trying to apply elemental hell with them is tough solo.

Hydra spamming I like using Djinn Arrows for inferno hell and then swapping to eggs to break everything.

Abylim

Any tips for 10 star wyvern?

I'm 10/85 currently, and I just keep dying towards the end. Is there a good evasive I sould be using? I use thrown weapons mostly, all at L. Does he have a weakness?

Ken

Any tips for 10 star wyvern?

I'm 10/85 currently, and I just keep dying towards the end. Is there a good evasive I sould be using? I use thrown weapons mostly, all at L. Does he have a weakness?

No but if you manage to throw projectiles at him as he goes underground he comes out knocked down.

OmegaZero

chaoswyrm tail - firemother's quill (M), captain's tentacle (M), and slime ooze (L)

skydragon tail - spear fragment (M), tyrant's tentacle (M), and slime ooze (L)

for the tri versions just replace the (M)'s with (L)'s. should show up in your list if you have the offerings. if for some reason they aren't try restarting the game.

Sweet, restarting worked.

Abylim

haha wow.
Decided to go back to 5star wyvern to get more chaos, and he dropped SE++ for me!

Where can i find leviathan?

wilflare

anyone up for a game or two. haha
will be nice (to get some high level spells)
I can join the chatroom haha but probably won't speak

nampad

Finally finished Magusar with my last available offering, a golem ;)
Even though the multiplayer is much more fun, the singleplayer holds up pretty well. Like the story and lore, although I still don't get the name changes.

Ken

So when you get up towards 99 of either end can you still use all your raiments or are you locked into those forms?

no lol

You're locked to those forms and have to delevel to a minimum of arm rank IV (89/11 I think?) for raiments again, so no arm V or VI.

---

How do I unlock the non-X Wyvern quests? I hate this arbitrary locking of non-story related quests.

Top Bottom