• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

yeah i believe someone threw the percentages up before, but i can't find it. i like to have the archfiends undivided attention. it's hard to execute a plan when two others are leading him in the opposite direction.

If you're going to play later and want another, send me an invite. I think I'm looking for carn. slime SE++ still... not sure outside of that though...

If you're going to play later and want another, send me an invite. I think I'm looking for carn. slime SE++ still... not sure outside of that though...

yeah i'll probably be on for a few hours later tonight. i'd be up for some soul hunting.

if there's 2 more gaf peeps that want to tag along just let me know and we'll send you an invite later. even if it's just to help on a mission your stuck on.

I love the art so much would prefer that I didn't save 5 bucks & had the physical copy just for the box art.

Any Soul Sacrifice posters out there or how about De/Da Souls posters also love that art work.

yeah whatever, you always come through for us online no matter what level you are. :p without you we would have lost some of the later pacts.

Lol, I try. That's okay though because I am dragging you, frost, and cyborg into pacts with me so I can get max divinity and platinum. You guys are going to need this tank when they enable whispers and we get new bosses.

So how many of you vitabros have your plat already? I think I saw frost, nerdstick, Ken? Not sure.

Agent has it too.

yup. had a lot of fun getting it too.

Lol, I try. That's okay though because I am dragging you, frost, and cyborg into pacts with me so I can get max divinity and platinum. You guys are going to need this tank when they enable whispers and we get new bosses.

i'm excited for whispers and new bosses

cyborg009

Banned
Ken you gotta come to some of are games sometime :]

Pics from last night, the first picture was really weird.
wYy5eyK.jpg
jM6G5RR.jpg

fEJPke5.jpg
uucId8O.jpg

I would but I really want this Wyvern LE++ and don't want to bore others with farming him.

pfft! we spent most of last night fighting a wyvern because frost needed se+. he got a se++, and i got 2 se+ before he ended up getting one. we try to always set up party chat first and someones usually doing/saying something funny, or bringing some goofy offering along. you should definitely join us sometime.

pfft! we spent most of last night fighting a wyvern because frost needed se+. he got a se++, and i got 2 se+ before he ended up getting one. we try to always set up party chat first and someones usually doing/saying something funny, or bringing some goofy offering along. you should definitely join us sometime.

What type of wyvern? 10 star?

Ken

Is this a loot game?

Not really, IMO. You can get by without a ton of grinding since offering drops (your spells) aren't tied to RNG.

On the other hand sigils are based on RNG drops but you can get by the majority of the game with the default/automatically unlocked ones.

Is this a loot game? The Giant Bomb discussion made it sound pretty bland/repetitive...

This is an action/hunting game similar to Monster Hunter, and yes you kill things for rewards. Take that as you will. It is much, much less repetitive than something like Ragnarok Odyssey.

I haven't took Giant Bomb seriously since they gave DmC a 5 star review.

matmanx1

I would but I really want this Wyvern LE++ and don't want to bore others with farming him.

I like the Wyvern! I find him to be a pretty fun boss to fight, actually.

Fought my first Unicorn tonight. Totally not what I was expecting. I took a risk and didn't bring a heal offering and still managed not to die while putting out some pretty respectable damage (I was the only one who brought a golem!).

And responding to nicoga3000 above me I find Soul Sacrifice to be closer to Phantasy Star Portable when it comes to loot. The stuff you get from completing missions are either new offerings (spells) or essences for sigils (which are like passive bonuses you can equip on your arm).

Soul Sacrifice borrows some ideas from Phantasy Star Portable and Monster Hunter but is still very much it's own game. People compare it to MonHun all the time but I think it's got more Phantasy Star DNA than MonHun personally.

Aye, thanks. Is there a demo available still?

I believe so. I highly recommend that you check the demo out by all means.

This seems to be a love it or hate it game. The main draw of it for me is the art style and all of the crazy spells you get to use on the baddies.

Some people will see it as bland/repetitive while others will see it as stacked with depth and content, the former is very unfortunate.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I like the Wyvern! I find him to be a pretty fun boss to fight, actually.

Fought my first Unicorn tonight. Totally not what I was expecting. I took a risk and didn't bring a heal offering and still managed not to die while putting out some pretty respectable damage (I was the only one who brought a golem!).

And responding to nicoga3000 above me I find Soul Sacrifice to be closer to Phantasy Star Portable when it comes to loot. The stuff you get from completing missions are either new offerings (spells) or essences for sigils (which are like passive bonuses you can equip on your arm).

Soul Sacrifice borrows some ideas from Phantasy Star Portable and Monster Hunter but is still very much it's own game. People compare it to MonHun all the time but I think it's got more Phantasy Star DNA than MonHun personally.

I do love PSO...That's a very intriguing comparison!

I do love PSO...That's a very intriguing comparison!

Then you may like this game. Its like PSO/Monster Hunter with a dark art style similar to Demon's/Dark Souls. The main difference between SS and those games is that your characters use magic only instead of a weapon (you can summon weapons though). This allows you do a large amount of spectacular things with the combat system.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Then you may like this game. Its like PSO/Monster Hunter with a dark art style similar to Demon's/Dark Souls. The main difference between SS and those games is that your characters use magic only instead of a weapon (you can summon weapons though). This allows you do a large amount of spectacular things with the combat system.

My only concern would be the lack of loot or drive to push forward. What is the driving force behind progression?

ZeroAKA

My only concern would be the lack of loot or drive to push forward. What is the driving force behind progression?
You do get loot, but they're just (mostly) not randomized. You get new offerings (spells), sigils (equipment), and outfits as you go on. You also gain levels to increase your stats depending on whether you save of sacrifice monsters.

You do get loot, but they're just (mostly) not randomized. You get new offerings (spells), sigils (equipment), and outfits as you go on. You also gain levels to increase your stats depending on whether you save of sacrifice monsters.

This. Like other games, there is a gradual rise to power as you complete more and more quests. You can also make stronger spells by combining weaker ones.

There is much incentive to play even after you have completed every quest once.

Grinchy

Banned
People burning through this hard. Good job guys.

Yeah I know, it's pretty crazy. I'm just about at 50% of the trophies. I've been playing everything at the same time, though. So I'll do all the 5-star Avalons, then do fellow sorcerers, then do story, then do forgotten, ect. The only downside to that is that I'm way overleveled for the story now.

I've been trying to make myself play other games though. I've actually played more PS3 in the last few days than I have in the past 6 months, I think. It's just that every time I turn on Soul Sac, it turns into hours of playing...

Folstern

It took me like 4+ hours to get all the Witch LE+ and Warlock LE+ I needed for my Sigils. Yikes. I guess the plus side to bad luck is that I've gotten encounters with certain bosses down to a science.

Just bought this, any tips for a newbie?

Learn the elemental weaknesses of all the monsters and set up your offerings accordingly.
Fire->Venom->Stone->Volt->Ice->Fire

Edit: Archfiend weakness list here

If you're playing online, it's ok to hang back and learn the archfiend's moves and tells. You're more valuable if you don't die all the time. You can press down on the D-pad to see how much HP bosses/allies have. I'd save Black Rites and ally sacrificing when the boss is close to dying (glowing red)

Is this game good? Also digital or physical? I'll probably pick it up next week

There's a demo, you should check that out first. If you don't like it, then this game may not be for you. The online multiplayer is really good, but unfortunately, the demo servers are inactive now that the game is out.

Number45

Is that last image up there not a spoiler of some kind? I'm out of this thread, will find it again when I can't be spoiled any more.

Top Bottom