• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

no lol

You're locked to those forms and have to delevel to a minimum of arm rank IV (89/11 I think?) for raiments again, so no arm V or VI.

That's pretty dumb as what's the point in bothering with gold skin unlocks if you can't even use them in the end.

Ken

That's pretty dumb as what's the point in bothering with gold skin unlocks if you can't even use them in the end.

My only guess is the V and VI arm models didn't mesh well with the other raiments so they made the decision to lock them with specific character models instead.

Or they're crazy.

OmegaZero

So I was playing around with Divine Arm V recently and discovered that if you're right between IV and V and you delevel by sacrificing something, you revert to the Noble outfit.
The thing is, the color was the Black one, and I haven't even unlocked it yet.

Weird but cool.

wilflare

Stone Arrows.

ah.. that's never as strong
but thanks! I'm getting on some P4G will squeeze some SS missions here in and there
strange but ever since finals were done... I lost general interest in most things.. even P4G isn't keeping me on zzz

Platinum get!
Also got a bunch of better sigils thanks to Cyborg009 and Agent. Thanks guys!

--

Do we know if any of the DLC is coming with more trophies?

njean777

So after playing this game I have some questions. I am at the Cerberus in the story mode, so I am probably mid game. Anyways is there any point to move away from the fist weapons that you start with? I have noticed that they still do the most damage, aside from the summon monster things, along with the quicker attack weapons you make from axe edges.. Also what are soul shards for? I have collected a lot of them and still have not found a point for them at all.

So after playing this game I have some questions. I am at the Cerberus in the story mode, so I am probably mid game. Anyways is there any point to move away from the fist weapons that you start with? I have noticed that they still do the most damage, aside from the summon monster things, along with the quicker attack weapons you make from axe edges.. Also what are soul shards for? I have collected a lot of them and still have not found a point for them at all.

Yeah, don't use the fist weapons. ;)
There are plenty of other spells you can replace them with, though if you want melee, you're going to end up using a weapon or an arm spell.
I suppose you can get the fang type spells that thrust on press and spew <element> on hold.

There's projectiles and mines and golems and all sorts of other stuff.

--

Curiosity led me to look this up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA5ZuUSbPig

You can see berserk and angelus black rites in the video.

The main incentive to use the quicker weapons is that they inflict ailments much faster than the slower weapons (because you can do much more hits) and they are generally much more safer to use. I find its very difficult to use the slow but powerful spells unless the boss is stunned.

IIRC the soul shards are used to make sigils.

njean777

The main incentive to use the quicker weapons is that they inflict ailments much faster than the slower weapons (because you can do much more hits) and they are generally much more safer to use. I find its very difficult to use the slow but powerful spells unless the boss is stunned.

Well I noticed that, which is why I switched to mainly using them and the fist weapons as well, I just havent found anything else I like I guess. Maybe that is my play style. I am an all out brawler, I dont like the mortars or the shooting magic at all.

It's not necessarily the number of hits that do it.
Putting 4 bombs down as a boss spawns or a blanket will help you put it pretty much instantaneously into stun. Bombs = high damage, low hits. Blanket = low damage, high hits.

Well I noticed that, which is why I switched to mainly using them and the fist weapons as well, I just havent found anything else I like I guess. Maybe that is my play style. I am an all out brawler, I dont like the mortars or the shooting magic at all.

Playing melee in multi will just lead to frustration as you get knocked down over and over

Ketch

i dont understand how the progression works in this game.

Im trying to fuse offerings to make spells for my fire element loadout, but i cant figure out where to get the offerings i need. they dont show up on the pre mission screen. simple things like giants arm and treasure box that it seems like ive only ever gotten 1 of but is required in all the recipes.

also how do i get the next arm level? right now im at dark arm 2, how do i unlock dark arm 3?

and finally, hkw do i find the right SE/LE to unlock sigils? ive sacrifced or saved a bunch of the monsters it list but only have a few of the essence it calls for.

thanks for helping out a newb

Ken

They could be unlocked in later quests. If you're not hitting a wall I'd advise just trying to get as far as you can because the later quests award higher rank offerings letting you skip tediously farming for low ranks and boosting.

Arm level is just the difference between Life and Magic I think? Just keep leveling in one direction and you'll eventually move up. Rank V is at 90/10 I think and Rank VI is at 99/1.

SE= sacrifice and LE = save. Just look for the right monster. The essence will tell you what it is from, but I suppose it gets a little confusing with abstract terms like Miserly SE and Gravespike LE (both from different rats) so I guess keep an eye out?

i dont understand how the progression works in this game.

Im trying to fuse offerings to make spells for my fire element loadout, but i cant figure out where to get the offerings i need. they dont show up on the pre mission screen. simple things like giants arm and treasure box that it seems like ive only ever gotten 1 of but is required in all the recipes.

also how do i get the next arm level? right now im at dark arm 2, how do i unlock dark arm 3?

and finally, hkw do i find the right SE/LE to unlock sigils? ive sacrifced or saved a bunch of the monsters it list but only have a few of the essence it calls for.

thanks for helping out a newb

What you get from a quest is what it lists in the pre-quest screen where it asks if you want to relive the quest.

Chests of fortunes pretty much only come from the partial memories though you can get them randomly as martyr rewards. They're not that useful, you can just go find a pact you need with something and grind the actual item out most times.

Each time you see the 3 offerings you will "win" for completion, it's usually tiered:
2x1
2x1

You get 2 offerings for second rate, 3 for first class, 4 for legendary, 5 for divine.
Bonus offerings are given for breaking cursed parts or martyr rewards.
Check the link in the first post for the soul sacrifice wiki of where to find enemies/offerings so you can find the right quest to get what you need.

Arm levels are dictated by the number of levels discrepancy between your life and magic level.

Level difference Arm status Remarks
0 Neutral Arm
1-4 Arm I
5-9 Arm II
10-14 Arm III
15-89 Arm IV
90-97 Arm V
98 Arm VI

So to get dark arm 3, increase the gap between your magic and life levels.
As Ken says above me, Rank VI is 99/1 or 1/99. Rank V is 91/8, 8/91 or higher, etc. You can do the math.

For the sigils, you go to the sigil you want to select that's feint and not usable and press triangle on it. It will tell you what you need to make it.

From that point, check the wiki linked in the first post (same link) to find the best areas to fight said creature.

General rules: If you're looking for + versions of SE/LE, you want to fight higher difficulty pacts to get higher drop rates. When looking for SE+/SE++, wear Sortiara's arm (or maybe the Devil's Banquet one) to increase the chances of the rare drop.

Hanmik

a little question here... how does the "kill 20 Archfiends" trophy work..? I have killed lots of archfiends, my stats say something like 26sacrificed & 18saved.. but I still don´t have the trophy.. is it 20 different archfiends..? because I still need to unlock some of the archfiends on the sorcerer stats list..

Abylim

a little question here... how does the "kill 20 Archfiends" trophy work..? I have killed lots of archfiends, my stats say something like 26sacrificed & 18saved.. but I still don´t have the trophy.. is it 20 different archfiends..? because I still need to unlock some of the archfiends on the sorcerer stats list..

Different kinds.

Takao

Banned
I think I saw this guy in a Godzilla movie once:

002.jpg

New DLC: www.4gamer.net/games/153/G015376/20130510016/

Hanmik

I just can´t seem to put this game down.. yeah it´s one big grind, but it´s so addicting..

I still need to beat final magusar (will do tonight) and the last 4 avalon pacts.. then I will spent some time in MP..

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i kinda wanna do MP so i get better shit and can just have fun with 4 people, but im lvl 17 /23 iirc so im prob to low to have fun online :<

depward

I'll keep this brief:

I sacrificed my wallet for Soul Sacrifice... but I won't be sacrificing any more of my play time for it.

Really was surprised with how good the music was. Also really enjoyed the narrative and the atmosphere the game has.

But it's just not clicking with me. Maybe it's because I'm TOO ingrained in Monster Hunter and I have 3U just staring at me from my 3DS & Wii U. I also don't necessarily like the wide range of spells and having to try them all out to just figure out what they do; it's a weird quirk of mine that I dislike this type of thing in gaming. Personal preference.

Also tried jumping online and looking through the rooms everyone's levels were waaaaay higher than mine.

So, at the end of the day, I gave SS a +1 sale and a good go. Have fun, Vitabros, but this just isn't for me.

I will be ordering the soundtrack from the PSN Store :)

I really think if you like MH a lot, you're just going to compare the two games and it won't work for you -- people who love MH should probably stick with MH unless they want something different.

Which reminds me:
A friend of mine just found a local group that likes to meet up at a coffee house to play handhelds.

He brought his Vita (and maybe his 3DS XL) and said he played 3 hours of Soul Sacrifice.
He noted that the majority of the group was playing MH on 3DS.
He said the group tried to convince him to go buy MH. He told them "Gee golly, that's a great idea! I'll go do that right now." And then he didn't.

Way to fight the peer pressure, buddy. (Though I'm going to assume it wasn't too hard for him to do, as he feels about the same as I do regarding MH games.) :)

Sorry it didn't work out for you though, depward -- at least you found a good soundtrack.

Number45

Why wouldn't you have used the demo to find this out? The demo was a perfect microcosm of the finished product and would have saved you the outlay.

I also don't necessarily like the wide range of spells and having to try them all out to just figure out what they do; it's a weird quirk of mine that I dislike this type of thing in gaming. Personal preference.
At the moment I'm getting on just fine with a particular structure in my loadout - only changing to cover differing elemental weaknesses, so I imagine you can play it that way if you want to.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
But it's just not clicking with me. Maybe it's because I'm TOO ingrained in Monster Hunter and I have 3U just staring at me from my 3DS & Wii U. I also don't necessarily like the wide range of spells and having to try them all out to just figure out what they do; it's a weird quirk of mine that I dislike this type of thing in gaming. Personal preference.
If you press select in the offerings screen, you enter a testing mode, where you can swap your entire library of spells on the fly to see how they work in combat (against a respawning Goblin). It's very simple.

anddo0

Beat the game. By the time I faced Maggie. I was 43/49, the fight lasted all but 3 mins (if that). .. Time to save him and see what happens.

DigitalOp

Banned
Caution : End Story Spoilers in Post

Wow, I should have known it was Librom. It thought it was going to be a corny twist like "you were the sorcerer the whole time, you wiped your memory in the book" but the story turned out really good. I think im really underpowered for Magusar. Im at like a 17/23 build. When I tried him the first time, he wiped me in about 3 moves. Any tips?

Also does saving or sacrificing Librom have different effects?

And in the last couple story missions where you do solo fights, Ive been getting a first rate / second rate ranking. Anybody have quick tips to get my score multiplied?

Heres my process:
Minds Eye
I try and get some counters on grunts if I can
I try to find elemental weakness'
Usually Ill get a Sacrificial madness since Im grinding

I feel like Im missing good tips

the "spirits" have been phoning it in. seems the only thing they have for the agents of avalon are watered down max powers.

indeed. got the first two. last two were busted. said the code wasn't valid.

Europe, you're not really missing anything. I don't think I've EVER used one of these DLC offerings.

Ex-ATLUS Aram said:
We’re afraid we prematurely shot our vouchers on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so we’re afraid we have something of a mess on our hands.
Jest aside, we’re sorry for the hassle and we’re looking into it intently. All four codes were tested before they went out; two of them, apparently, weren’t built for longevity. Stay tuned for an update!

And the last two codes have a strike across them in the blog post, so I guess we can look forward to two new codes in the near future.

Top Bottom