• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

It's possible to beat all the missions alone?,I'm having a hard time with some missions, I feel like they are made to be played with people.

If you're playing offline, it's much, much better to do stuff solo, without the worthless AI partners. I can solo pretty much everything till avalon IX in almost no time. Everything below VII you can finish in under a minute. Health scales according to the number of players so if people don't pull their weight it's actually harder online.

For the strong Gemini monsters I find online almost required, otherwise keeping track of 2 monsters can be a bit much.

nampad

So how viable is a 99/1 blood magic build? Want to go divine for the trophy but don't want to zerg everything because I don't deal damage.
Tried it a little bit and the health management seems fun.

B.O.O.M

If the Cerberus boss from the demo is mopping the floor with me, is the full game going to be too tough for me?

Just a matter of finding the right tools and strategy for different enemies. Cereb battle becomes much easier once you start using a shield against him. Every time he charges at you -> use a shield -> He falls

Just a matter of finding the right tools and strategy for different enemies. Cereb battle becomes much easier once you start using a shield against him. Every time he charges at you -> use a shield -> He falls

Indeed but remember that the duration he stays down using that technique gets way less so you will have to adjust for that.

I kinda regret sacrificing Harpy I want my hot black chick back =(

Oh well her dialog was annoying with that goody 2 shoes banter.
To get a new ai assistant do you save arch fiend bosses instead of sacrifice

I kinda regret sacrificing Harpy I want my hot black chick back =(

Oh well her dialog was annoying with that goody 2 shoes banter.
To get a new ai assistant do you save arch fiend bosses instead of sacrifice

Yep.

Just save them and they will be added to your crew, but some of the quests are dependent on which choice you make and some people wont join and have to be killed (like that assassin dude IIRC).

Also if it was a sacrifice you did in a Avalon quest you can revive her with Lacrima if you want. Go to the screen that shows her equipped offerings (triangle button) and there should be an option at the bottom that says "undo death", pay the Lacrima price and she's back.

Awesome any benefit to sacrificing some bosses & keeping others?

I don't get the reviews I'm new to this game love a ton of Vita games however this one is the best.

- It's deep
- Controls well
- Dat OST
- Beautiful & Beautifully designed evil ugly graphics.
- It's own thing way better than the cool but cumbersome monster hunter.

Note that an AI might leave your party of their own will if they don't trust you anymore, i.e for example that same ai you mentioned with her "goodie 2 shoed" attitude might leave if you sacrificed a few bosses while she was a party member on those quests. And vice versa (ai who likes sacrificing leaves because you are saving too much)

So far to do all the quests there are forks where you have to either save or sacrifice a boss to unlock another set.

The other is to get the shards from whatever action you performed (<creature name> SE, <creature name> LE, <creature name> SE+, <creature name> LE+, etc) so you can create Sigils, which are buffs for your right arm

I don't get the reviews I'm new to this game love a ton of Vita games however this one is the best.

- It's deep
- Controls well
- Dat OST
- Beautiful & Beautifully designed evil ugly graphics.
- It's own thing way better than the cool but cumbersome monster hunter.

As far as I can tell you can always go back and "rewrite the book". I haven't beaten it the SP yet, but I haven't found any exceptions to this so far. If you kill a boss, you can replay that page and save it on the next attempt if you want.

Appreciate the help guys. If you go solo will the AI partner stay with you or do they know your choices regardless?

Feel free to add me PSN- MikeCisThaILLest

this game is so dynamic it's fuckin dyno-miiiite!

Appreciate the help guys. If you go solo will the AI partner stay with you or do they know your choices regardless?

Feel free to add me PSN- MikeCisThaILLest

this game is so dynamic it's fuckin dyno-miiiite!

Don't bother much with the AI. Even when you get max affinity and they have some marginally decent spells, they're still pretty much braindead. Early on one with an area healing spell might be useful and I guess their only purpose is to revive you if you die (though you'll be reviving them a lot more).

Don't bother much with the AI. Even when you get max affinity and they have some marginally decent spells, they're still pretty much braindead. Early on one with an area healing spell might be useful and I guess their only purpose is to revive you if you die (though you'll be reviving them a lot more).

Something needs to draw attention of bosses when you are healing ;)

CakeAuCul

Neo Member
20130512144018.jpg

WTF is that ?

ZeroAKA

When should I fight Magusar, Im around 25/40, can I play pacts and other side missions when finished?
You should be okay if you fought Magusar at your current level, but you get exclusive Sanguine offerings only if you fight him after you've completed the Magusar story missions.

neoemonk

I played most of the demo yesterday in one sitting and I started to really like the game. The small Sortiara story line had me kind of interested, which I found as a pleasant surprise.

This game seems to be first of several Vita releases that seem like they are right up my alley. Also a pleasant surprise.

Just beat the Dual-Illecebras with my brother in Coop. Holy shit, fuck that fight.... And we have to do it again -.-....

All other Avalon Pacts are now cleared, this game is so good.

I don't know how, but I just managed to beat the dual Elven Queens in Avalon Pact VIII in singleplayer. For the first time ever, my teammate AI was incredible. He (Endeir) lured one Elven Queen to the other side of the map while I killed the other one. My second AI teammate was sacrificed within the first three minutes or so since she is useless (Catala). Most intense boss fight ever. There was one moment towards the end where Endeir died, and I had so little health that I couldn't even see any green. I was about ready to throw my Vita!

I love you Endeir.

Sol1dus

Met three other players last night and they were the coolest dudes ever. The amount of cooperation we used was incredible. :p None of the boss fights lasted more than 2:00min, except for the Gemini Cyplops/Centaur.

P.S- anyone know of a good guide to help me with spell fusions? This guy had an attacked where giant snakes spread through the ground. Looked pretty badass.

Met three other players last night and they were the coolest dudes ever. The amount of cooperation we used was incredible. :p None of the boss fights lasted more than 2:00min, except for the Gemini Cyplops/Centaur.

P.S- anyone know of a good guide to help me with spell fusions? This guy had an attacked where giant snakes spread through the ground. Looked pretty badass.

that's not a fusion. it could've been the boss drop from either the kraken or the hydra.

Anyone? unlocking missions in Pride?

I beat the story, all pacts up to this point are done.

You need to do the Fellow Sorcerers quests. The third one in particular. I think you need to be a certain level for it to unlock.

On a related note... Anyone know how to unlock the second quest in Avalon X? I believe it's Elven Queen.

anddo0

You need to do the Fellow Sorcerers quests. The third one in particular. I think you need to be a certain level for it to unlock.

On a related note... Anyone know how to unlock the second quest in Avalon X? I believe it's Elven Queen.

Thanks

I just start them now.

You should be okay if you fought Magusar at your current level, but you get exclusive Sanguine offerings only if you fight him after you've completed the Magusar story missions.

I'm assuming if you beat him early and then rebeat him later that you still get the sanguine offerings?

OmegaZero

Didn't you have a 99/1 character too? How did you get to 1/99 so quickly?

Most of it was done while grinding bosses for the Black and Gold Knight outfits. Since I ended up being only 30 levels away, I decided to grind to 99/1 using the Sweeping the Valley avalon pact and story Hydra mission.

Sol1dus

Most of it was done while grinding bosses for the Black and Gold Knight outfits. Since I ended up being only 30 levels away, I decided to grind to 99/1 using the Sweeping the Valley avalon pact and story Hydra mission.

Do those two give you a lot of Exp?

nampad

Are the difficulty of the mission and/or the affinity of your partner important for +/++ essences? Been farming witch and warlock le but have no luck so far. Maybe it's because I am doing a pact 3 mission and both my partners don't have a high affinity. Saw that the earned experience rises with affinity level.

OmegaZero

Do those two give you a lot of Exp?

Well, the Hydra battle gives you 75 exp plus 8 (IIRC) for each grunt. It can be done in less then two minutes with the right loadout.

The Sweeping the Valley mission has an area with two respawning Goblins that give you at least 7 exp each. Combining that with a Salvation/Sacrifice Amp sigil, you will often get several Divine/Evil souls in a row. (at least in my experience).

If you're fast enough, you can get about 10 levels an hour.

There's a forgotten Exploration pact that gives you 10 exp per enemy but you can't get hit while doing it.

STG

bought it yesterday and so far I really like it

STG - ageha_stg (EU)

(no idea how online will work since I am on NAT3 connection)

Yesterday I unlocked the postcript. This game is amazing WTF at the reviewers, not a single one had the time to actually play and enjoy the game?

Everything about this game is great, it is a bit repetitive but I think it's hard to get around that and does it best to keep everything fresh.

Holmes

I used to like having an NPC ally to sometimes draw the enemy's attention and to revive me when I die. But now they're becoming more of a nuisance. Thanks, Militar, for hitting that frost bomb right as I was attacking the enemy, freezing both of us, and letting her kill us both at once.

Do you have to grind for those to get trophy for outfits?

ZeroAKA

Well, the Hydra battle gives you 75 exp plus 8 (IIRC) for each grunt. It can be done in less then two minutes with the right loadout.

The Sweeping the Valley mission has an area with two respawning Goblins that give you at least 7 exp each. Combining that with a Salvation/Sacrifice Amp sigil, you will often get several Divine/Evil souls in a row. (at least in my experience).

If you're fast enough, you can get about 10 levels an hour.

There's a forgotten Exploration pact that gives you 10 exp per enemy but you can't get hit while doing it.
I must be doing Sweeping the Valley wrong, because I've been only able to get about 2 levels in an hour at 60 Life. :/

Do you have to grind for those to get trophy for outfits?
No, I got to 60 outfits easily with only 1 white (Divine) costume.

DigitalOp

Banned
About to go work on Avalon pacts. Need to get my weight up for Magusar.

Anybody know any tips to have a constant Legendary or Divine status in missions? Really blows when I finish with First or Second-Rate.

About to go work on Avalon pacts. Need to get my weight up for Magusar.

Anybody know any tips to have a constant Legendary or Divine status in missions? Really blows when I finish with First or Second-Rate.

It seems the best way is to simply not get hit, I think you get 150 points for being unscathed.

Using a black rite, sacrificing an ally, sacrificing the archfiend will also boost your points a little.

Grinchy

Banned

Not getting hit, doing the quest fast (Godspeed is 100 points), many counters, using the skilled attacks, ect. They all add up pretty quickly. If you don't know what the skilled attacks are, for example you freeze and enemy and then hit them with something electric. That's 60 points I think.

OmegaZero

I must be doing Sweeping the Valley wrong, because I've been only able to get about 2 levels in an hour at 60 Life. :/

For life, use Sanguine Demonshot or Angel shot and the appropriate sigils. Make sure that your palm sigil is a Holy Supper sigil to increase the chances of a Divine or Good soul drop.

Just go to the area where the goblins spawn and kill/save them asap. Even on level 90, it only took me about 10 minutes to gain a level using this method.

Omega you switched? Why

I made a new file. :b
Still planning on using my Divine Arm VI for co-op, but I thought it'd be nice to experience a Demon Arm VI playstyle to have a better idea of how to assist Demon Arms in a group.

Top Bottom