• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

anddo0

Not getting hit, doing the quest fast (Godspeed is 100 points), many counters, using the skilled attacks, ect. They all add up pretty quickly. If you don't know what the skilled attacks are, for example you freeze and enemy and then hit them with something electric. That's 60 points I think.

You're right. I like fire/ice.

for the best scores I..

-Don't get hit
-Go all ranged, sometimes bring a golem.
-Get the many counters bonuses, simply wait for the enemy to attack, and then launch yours.
-Goodspeed, of course. I try for sub 2min times.
-Breaking cursed parts is good for 50-70 points
-Mindseye
-Go solo

RangerBAD

I just made a room called "NeoGAF" if anyone is interested in helping or doing Desire Avalon pacts. Password is "121212". I'm low level to boot.

ZeroAKA

Any thoughts on the best archfiend to inflict the 5 status effects on for the trophy?
You can inflict the same status multiple times instead of inflicting 5 different statuses. Try equipping the status-boosting sigil and using elemental hourglasses or blankets.

Holmes

HA! TAKE THAT, ILLECEBRA! 25/32 and I finally took her down. Totally cheesed her with ice thorns, eggs, frost blanket and ice golem, plus a bolt burial clod for skillful attack. Ahh, feels good.

HA! TAKE THAT, ILLECEBRA! 25/32 and I finally took her down. Totally cheesed her with ice thorns, eggs, frost blanket and ice golem, plus a bolt burial clod for skillful attack. Ahh, feels good.

That's not cheesing. ;)

--

What'd I miss, people?! What's the good word?

Ken

I wish you could use lower tier essences and boost them to higher tiers. What am I going to do with 30+ Wyvern LE.

Ken

Are there cheaper ways to win? She hardly got up. Kept going into frozen hell as she recovered.

Well, she switches between 3 elements and you can hit her with elemental hell for each of them. I prefer that over brute forcing with one element.

So my normal strategy with Avalon Pacts is to first sacrifice the sorcerers with branching paths, then go back and save them once I've finished the quests opened up by sacrificing. I just did that in pact III but the quests didn't open up after I killed the Cyclops on the second page. WTF?

ZeroAKA

So my normal strategy with Avalon Pacts is to first sacrifice the sorcerer's with branching paths, then go back and save them once I've finished the quests opened up by sacrificing. I just did that in pact III but the quests didn't open up after I acrid iced the Cyclops on the second page. WTF?
Some quests are also locked if you haven't completed the story or fellow sorcerer missions.

Meh, that's dumb. The game should tell you what you need to do. I don't want to progress the story anymore until I get more lightning spells.

Late story spoilers.

That scene where Magusar is laughing hysterically is really awesome. This game is awesome.

I reread the story and I found this interesting.

Both Sortiara and Illecebra drove who sacrificed them crazy and both hope it wouldn't happen. Since Magusar saved you from your bloodlust he was fated to be the cursed sorcerer instead. The sacrifice of Illecebra caused him to lose his stability causing him to lose against the previous Magusar inside of him.

Who is Magusar really and which persona is dominant for most of the game? But Librom said it doesn't matter. He's the one that journeyed with him.

I wonder how he got so powerful though.

The Bromance in this game is off the charts!

I need to to save more enemies because 11/26 isn't working vs the Cyclops near the end of the story.

So I'll increase my defense and recovery rate.

I'll be doing MP after I finish the story I've decided.

Looking forward to playing with you guys soon. :)

I need to to save more enemies because 11/26 isn't working vs the Cyclops near the end of the story.

Lol I was trying to hang with frost, agent, and cyborg online so I still have the single player to beat and I am at 37/37 with a lot of sigils unlocked. I actually totally forgot about the fellow sorcerer pacts. Going to start those soon.

Grinchy

Banned

lol I am so overleveled for the story. When I see a level 37 doing the same quest I just did at level 70, it becomes very clear that I've played way too much of the side stuff and the online.

finally! dual illecebras solo. been trying it on and off again today tweaking my offerings. funny thing is I forgot to tweak the offerings before starting this last time, pressed selected(getting ready to quit), got hit by the lightning attack, and said "I'll just use this as a test run". took 20 minutes, but I got divine anyways.

next goal is to bring that time down. depending on what they do in the beginning I can usually get one down to orange within 2 minutes.

totally sacrificed her. I can go to sleep with a smile now.

finally! dual illecebras solo. been trying it on and off again today tweaking my offerings. funny thing is I forgot to tweak the offerings before starting this last time, pressed selected(getting ready to quit), got hit by the lightning attack, and said "I'll just use this as a test run". took 20 minutes, but I got divine anyways.

next goal is to bring that time down. depending on what they do in the beginning I can usually get one down to orange within 2 minutes.

I'm finding out that soloing stuff might be way faster than a group of 4. We were trying the forgotten pact Siren that you have to kill in under 5 minutes and it was just impossible. Only one team member was low level (in the 50s) and we just couldn't do it, even sacrificing everyone and using rites near the end.

I tried later on my own and was able to get it with 14 seconds to spare on my first try, Second try in a little over 3 minutes. I kinda like that about the game, unlike monster hunter were you can have weak players just hide out while you farm something and it's essentially the same as doing it on your own, here there's a major downside to bringing along weak players.

I wonder how much extra life monsters get. Someone should experiment. On a related note I found out the hard way that yellow means 75% health, orange 50% and red 25%. For some reason I was thinking orange was 25% and red close to death. Not so.

I'm finding out that soloing stuff might be way faster than a group of 4. We were trying the forgotten pact Siren that you have to kill in under 5 minutes and it was just impossible. Only one team member was low level (in the 50s) and we just couldn't do it, even sacrificing everyone and using rites near the end.

I tried later on my own and was able to get it with 14 seconds to spare on my first try, Second try in a little over 3 minutes. I kinda like that about the game, unlike monster hunter were you can have weak players just hide out while you farm something and it's essentially the same as doing it on your own, here there's a major downside to bringing along weak players.

I wonder how much extra life monsters get. Someone should experiment. On a related note I found out the hard way that yellow means 75% health, orange 50% and red 25%. For some reason I was thinking orange was 25% and red close to death. Not so.

WHAT?!? I thought it went like this, Green 100%, Yellow 66% Orange 33% and Red was the last 10% of life left. o_O

Ken

Whatever it is, those five minute quests pretty much require all four players to be specced towards damage for even a chance at winning.

Thanks for playing last night! Had fun. Sorry you had trudge through Pact 3 with me. I don't know where you were on Avalon Pacts but I am cleared all the way up to halfway through 6. Let me know if there is something you need, or you can pilot next time. I need to farm a Cerberus LE+ drop, but I need to get my Salvation Amp sigil first. I need to do the fellow sorcerer pact of the Were wolf for that I think. Gah, so much to do!

WHAT?!? I thought it went like this, Green 100%, Yellow 66% Orange 33% and Red was the last 10% of life left. o_O

Nope. I found out during the
Leaviathan
fight after dying near a corner and the game glitching out so noone could revive me. Had to choose death on my own and saw the whole health progression in a long, long fight, so I'm fairly certain on those percentages. Yellow 75%, Orange 50%, Red 25%.

What did you use for offerings and what was the battle strategy?

We did it with 3 (maybe 4) and it was close, but we had like 30 seconds left when we got it done.

That's my point. You need 4 good players and it's still slower than doing it solo (though it's much safer). This is unheard of in MonHun and I quite like the way it works in this game.

Wait til you get to that Phoenix, Cerberus, Derpasus finale to the last forgotten pact.

The Cerberus and Derpasus are annoying but doable. That Phoenix pretty much requires perfection.

What did you use for offerings and what was the battle strategy?

if I remember correctly I had: frost thorns, frost egg, frost blanket, frost golem, a volt projectile, and healing seed.

I just let them notice me and ran to the first arena. I kept ones attention to lead her there. when she was closing in I drop a blanket, use thorns until she was frozen, summon golem, break her out, drop blanket, freeze her, break her out again. the rest of the fight was just me taking shots where I could. she gives a bit of time for you to attack after most of her attacks, and when those times came I used the ice egg. took her down and found the other to do as close to the same as I possibly could, but this time I also used my black rite. also early on when she's in chase mode dropping a blanket and making her run through it a few times usually results in frozen hell.

playing that alone helps to see/remember some openings better. you always need to know when the best time is to get a couple shots off and refill offerings off a minion. after i dodge her volt attack i can get a few shots off. before i would run randomly when she did the tentacle move, but now I usually run towards her to get a few hits up close or drop a blanket for a few seconds. a lot of the problems that arise in multiplayer are from groups splitting up. getting hit by tentacles or the petrify move from across the map is no fun. honestly I think it's my favorite mission because it's always a challenge. the few times I hopped online with randoms it has been to help with this mission.

ZeroAKA

I spent 2 hours last night looking for the Pinchpenny LE+ with Holy Supper Sigil I and got nothing. It's like Ragnarok Odyssey all over again. >.>

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there a list somewhere of what monster is weak to what element? I can never remember. I need to write that ish down.

Kurod

Banned
I spent 2 hours last night looking for the Pinchpenny LE+ with Holy Supper Sigil I and got nothing. It's like Ragnarok Odyssey all over again. >.>

I somehow managed to get 3 while farming the A.slime in the wicked sorcerer. Later I find out I need a SE+ and of course never get one.

Mondriaan

That's my point. You need 4 good players and it's still slower than doing it solo (though it's much safer). This is unheard of in MonHun and I quite like the way it works in this game.
I think they went too far in scaling the difficulty upwards with more teammates. The multiplayer aspect of the game already makes it tough to deal with contention for limited offering recharges, never mind the bosses being much tougher to kill with more people.

The 1/99 forced outfit is ridiculous. I was slightly tempted to replay the Magusar fight to see how silly the ending would be in that get up, though.

Top Bottom