• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

ZeroAKA

That Hydra mission in the last section of the Magusar story is great for grinding Life levels. It's less tedious than shooting the Sanguine shots at goblins in Sweeping the Valley. Even at Magic level 1, it takes me only a minute and a half to finish the mission. 75 EXP for Hydra plus 8+ for each grunt.

Sol1dus

The Japanese Wiki site says that there's a Slayer Sigil V that boosts attack 60% (+ another 30% if you have Dark Arm V) and Annihilator V that boosts attack 90% while decreasing defense 45%. There are also defense equivalents for both. Question answered.

How would I go about unlocking that? The Slayer Sigil V one I mean.

beat them again, but only took the time down by 2 minutes and bump the score up by 20.

didn't mention this before, but i'm using everlasting sigil iv(+250 health, +20% defense). i think i'd be pretty much dead on a tentacle hit without it.

Ken

That's my point. You need 4 good players and it's still slower than doing it solo (though it's much safer). This is unheard of in MonHun and I quite like the way it works in this game.

It's more like you need every player geared towards DPS to complete, and if someone isn't pulling their weight then everyone else is trying to pick up the slack and then you fail the quest. Luckily those 5 minute quests don't make up the bulk of the game or else it'd kill team variety.

Can anyone recommend specific missions to grind to boost my attacks and acquire powerful magic? I love the game but I think I'm missing out on the grind aspects, I'm just going from one mission to the next.

I don't have the defense sigil you do, so if I get hit I die.

It's no bueno.

hmm, unlocking sigil info is worse than finding some of those + and ++. sometimes they seem totally random and others you get by using a particular type of offering(didn't have any blitz or evasion ones until i used those moves more often).

i replaced thorns with frost bombs. set 4 up at entrance to an arena, and pop them while she's walking over them. after that hit her with everything you can: golem, skillful attack, blanet, eggs, more bombs.

try any high defense sigil you have, or any high health sigil.

i still need the carn. slime se++ if you want to team up on that a little later. i actually still need wyvern se++ too, but i'm not as interested in that.

hmm, unlocking sigil info is worse than finding some of those + and ++. sometimes they seem totally random and others you get by using a particular type of offering(didn't have any blitz or evasion ones until i used those moves more often).

i replaced thorns with frost bombs. set 4 up at entrance to an arena, and pop them while she's walking over them. after that hit her with everything you can: golem, skillful attack, blanet, eggs, more bombs.

try any high defense sigil you have, or any high health sigil.

i still need the carn. slime se++ if you want to team up on that a little later. i actually still need wyvern se++ too, but i'm not as interested in that.

Yeah, let's kill some slimes together! :)

ZeroAKA

Can anyone recommend specific missions to grind to boost my attacks and acquire powerful magic? I love the game but I think I'm missing out on the grind aspects, I'm just going from one mission to the next.
Almost every offering can work fine. It all depends on preference. Keep playing and trying out offerings, and work on grinding to boost the ones you like the most. There is a list of mission rewards here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsVNTKDjtoOkdGhUQldnYkN0ZFRXNVQtVGpoWDl1VXc&output=html

How would I go about unlocking that? The Slayer Sigil V one I mean.

Leviathan I believe to get the info. You need 3 leviathan SE++ and 3 Hydra SE++, but you get a 90% boost with dark arm V.

Even 1/99 people can survive without defense sigils. Use element amulets!

I thousand times this. They are very underrated, but increase defense tremendously. I went from getting OHKO in the 5 min Siren fight to being able to take 2 hits or more. Massive difference that makes defense sigils a waste for just 1 offering slot.

Massive difference that makes defense sigils a waste for just 1 offering slot.

wait so the defensive sigils don't protect as much as the amulets do?

the hp/defensive sigil worked out great in my case. i couldn't give up any offering slots, and even if i did i wouldn't know which one to bring as she uses a variety of elements.

This doesn't do jack against Illecebra since she swaps elements. :\

Pretty sure elemental armor will not save me from her hydra attack. :(

That's easily dodged. Just move. For the petrify use your shield to guard against it. For her melee shield again.

Shield works for almost everything of hers.

That's easily dodged. Just move. For the petrify use your shield to guard against it. For her melee shield again.

Shield works for almost everything of hers.

(1) I don't use shields, those are for Magusar and other team mates. :p
(2) Even if it's "easy to dodge" 99% of the time, there's one time something else complicates it and it manages to catch you.

for now i'm going neutral (to get all the rites, etc) but its gonna be fun going mostly sacrifice/chaos since you are basically a glass cannon LOL.

Will also continue the story when I get some free time again.

STG

I am around 13/11 or something like that, does it really matter how I "spec" my character? Or should I just sacrifice or save like I want?

nampad

I am around 13/11 or something like that, does it really matter how I "spec" my character? Or should I just sacrifice or save like I want?

If you want to unlock all black rites, you need at least have 40 level in both at one point.

Any way to boost/get Salvation Amp without getting the Anguish LE+?

Also need to get Carn/Av Slime SE++ (both)... unfortunately, they do not seem to want to show up with Sacrifice Amp.

spannicus

Seems like a better deal to go 99/1 than the other way around. Yes it may take time to defeat the boss but in a multiplayer game you will be the one reviving everyone instead of the one getting revived after being knocked down by 2 hits.

ZeroAKA

Any way to boost/get Salvation Amp without getting the Anguish LE+?

Also need to get Carn/Av Slime SE++ (both)... unfortunately, they do not seem to want to show up with Sacrifice Amp.
Give up. I've spent a total of 4 hours trying to get Carnatux's LE+ for Holy Supper II with Holy Supper I, but it never dropped. :(

Seems like a better deal to go 99/1 than the other way around. Yes it may take time to defeat the boss but in a multiplayer game you will be the one reviving everyone instead of the one getting revived after being knocked down by 2 hits.
Until you get to the time-limited Forgotten Pacts.

In Soul Sacrifice 2 they need to add the ability to trade offerings and sigils. Not to mention SOUL ESSENCES!

Also more than 4 players would be crazy awesome.

Its a bit much but it would add a good amount of fun and chaos and betrayals.

I don't want it to turn into an MMO of course but 8 players vs 4 Bosses would lead to some insane stuff going on.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok so I'm charging up the Vita and going to finish downloading the game. I was just at the Jack o Lantern fight in the demo so I'll start from there in the main game. Anything I should know from this point on?

Ok so I'm charging up the Vita and going to finish downloading the game. I was just at the Jack o Lantern fight in the demo so I'll start from there in the main game. Anything I should know from this point on?

Yeah, Jack OL wasn't a real mission. It was demo only.
Other than that, good luck and enjoy.

ah ok yeah you definitely need that one.

Yes, I do. We can farm that too.
When are you gonna be on?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just finished downloading this, with free Japanese voice over. Hmm, heard about the quality of the VA for this game is not that good? Maybe I should just use the Japanese VA...

Anyways, is it possible to finish the game strictly single-player?

Just finished downloading this, with free Japanese voice over. Hmm, heard about the quality of the VA for this game is not that good? Maybe I should just use the Japanese VA...

Anyways, is it possible to finish the game strictly single-player?

Of course it is. But some of it will be really hard relying on just the AI.
Unless you want platinum, then you need to play adhoc or online.

And some of the VAs in English are okay, but I vastly prefer the Japanese voices.

I need Magusar tips.
The first form is easy as it's basically just wait for the golems to go away, but what about the second form? I just get destroyed. :/

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Of course it is. But some of it will be really hard relying on just the AI.
Unless you want platinum, then you need to play adhoc or online.

And some of the VAs in English are okay, but I vastly prefer the Japanese voices.

Nah, I don't really care about trophies or achievements.

Well, good to know that strictly single player is doable.

Minotaur last night in multi was a pain. First time I had fought him and didn't realise he could heal himself so I eventually broke all my spells and killed myself to find out he had full health >_<

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh yeah, while I am at it, add me folks to your PSN Friend List at LaughingBanana. I am not online much, if at all, but maybe if the mood strikes me I would love to play with any of you, thanks :)

Grisby

Ha ha ha. The spellcaster outfit. Part Helghast and part Madonna. Game continues to be a lot of fun. At 21/34 now and I'm just dicking around. Might try and beat the story tomorrow.

nampad

Wow, essence farming really sucks, especially AI essences. I don't want to play alone just to farm those essences, it's a multiplayer focused game.

Top Bottom