• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

This doesn't do jack against Illecebra since she swaps elements. :\

Pretty sure elemental armor will not save me from her hydra attack. :(

It does. I was about lvl 30 life and could survive the attack on full health with the armor. Armors are almost brokenly awesome.

They may very well be weaker than defense sigils, but using them means you can use a slayer sigil which speeds up fights tremendously improving at least 4 of your offerings. It's a pretty good bargain on the more difficult X quests.

Doggone it, I could've used some Slime SE++s

we did both slimes too :p

i'm willing to fight the slime some more whenever you want. i want the slime ooze anyway, and would rather grind for it while goofing around with you guys.

sorry i missed you nampad. we had space for a few tonight, and i tried to get you in. i'll be around though so we'll definitely get to play.

B.O.O.M

Effing hell..I have to fight this sorcerer who has come to kill me cuz I saved too many lives (had similar missions before too) who has a petrify throw attack that drains my health like crazy...my AI partners being stupid doesn't help either :S

Effing hell..I have to fight this sorcerer who has come to kill me cuz I saved too many lives (had similar missions before too) who has a petrify throw attack that drains my health like crazy...my AI partners being stupid doesn't help either :S

that assassin is way overpowered. bring a shield, cancel it when her attentions on your allies, get a couple of shots in, and recast shield. repeat until she's dead.

we went as a group of 4 and did that mission over last week. i think every one in the party had forgotten about that one because every time someone got hit they would freak out at how much damage she was doing.

that assassin is way overpowered. bring a shield, cancel it when her attentions on your allies, get a couple of shots in, and recast shield. repeat until she's dead.

we went as a group of 4 and did that mission over last week. i think every one in the party had forgotten about that one because every time someone got hit they would freak out at how much damage she was doing.

Stone armour. Summon golem. Kite behind it.

Its cheap but then again so is that sorcerer.

ZeroAKA

I used that level to farm for sorcerer LE/SE since she's so efficient at killing the dumb AI partners and got her pattern down. When she uses her stone arrows, roll into the arrows right before they land or circle around her and roll away. Her other attacks are easy to dodge. Bring fast offerings to hit her when she stops moving. I used Sanguine offerings, but homing should work well too.

nampad

This game reveals the evil inside me, although I want to be a divine player :)
Sacrificed two players today against their will and it felt soooooo good.

The first was one of many low levels joining my "pact 10" named room. He sacrificed the other low level at the beginning in the Illicebra 10 star fight after they both already used their rites. I than kept reviving him like 10 times and he still didn't get her pattern down. He kept spamming the save me messages, really annoying. Had to finish her with the other guy in a 45 minutes zerg ;)

The other one was at Leviathan. Did him my first time and didn't know the strategy but was smart enough just to bring the same offerings as the rest, our full blown chaos player wasn't.
Without armor and evasion move he kept dying and he had to use Infernus at green boss level. He always dropped right after the rest of us revived him and we kept doing it for quite some time until we just ignored him for quite some time. He also was a save me spammer.
With the boss low in health I than came for him. Couldn't understand it, called me a bastard and left. So salty for someone with over 90 hours of playtime and 33% ally sacrifice rate.

Just beat Magusar, I really liked the story, just felt like a socercers diary was being read to me, really cool, reminded me of Interview with the Vampire in a way.

Im still a bit confused on how some of these pacts open up, I get the arrow directed ones but some others are locked, how can I open them up?

nampad

For avalon 4 or 5 you have to sacrifice the harpy in avalon 1. Don't know why they made it so, it isn't mentioned anywhere.

Do I have to open up the blacked out levels for the read through all pages trophy?
I already flippes twice through it and also went to the ad hoc menu. Haven't really unlocked the forgotten pacts though.

ZeroAKA

Do I have to open up the blacked out levels for the read through all pages trophy?
I already flippes twice through it and also went to the ad hoc menu. Haven't really unlocked the forgotten pacts though.
Start from the front of the book and tilt the analog stick left to flip through the pages to the end. You don't need to actually unlock all of the Forgotten Pacts.

nampad

Start from the front of the book and tilt the analog stick left to flip through the pages to the end. You don't need to actually unlock all of the Forgotten Pacts.

Did exactly that four times, even restarted the game and my Vita. Apparently the trophy can glitch when importing a demo save.
The other trophies were also kinda buggy. Did not get any notifications and some are missing from the activity log.
I am now starting a fresh save, annoying.

Edit: Yes, it was a savegame glitch. New game gave me the trophy.

I used that level to farm for sorcerer LE/SE since she's so efficient at killing the dumb AI partners and got her pattern down. When she uses her stone arrows, roll into the arrows right before they land or circle around her and roll away. Her other attacks are easy to dodge. Bring fast offerings to hit her when she stops moving. I used Sanguine offerings, but homing should work well too.

You can stun lock loop all the human sorcerers in the game with the pitchfork (the preorder bonus one works particularly well and you have it since the beginning) You'll only need 1 cast anyway. Getting in there to do it can be a bit of a challenge sometimes, but if you connect the combo they fall and keep falling as you connect again and again. Cheap? Sure, but effective.

The other one was at Leviathan. Did him my first time and didn't know the strategy but was smart enough just to bring the same offerings as the rest, our full blown chaos player wasn't.
Without armor and evasion move he kept dying and he had to use Infernus at green boss level. He always dropped right after the rest of us revived him and we kept doing it for quite some time until we just ignored him for quite some time. He also was a save me spammer.
With the boss low in health I than came for him. Couldn't understand it, called me a bastard and left. So salty for someone with over 90 hours of playtime and 33% ally sacrifice rate.

To be fair, being sacrificed in the leviathan fight is super annoying. The only reason you're putting up with 15 minutes of dodging and nonsense is to get SE or LE anyway. It does feel incredibly good to sacrifice annoying players though.

Abylim

Starting to build a bridge over this. Done quite a few Leviathan kills, no SE+ or ++. Using Sorti's arm too.

Aside from that I cant figure out why I still cant access one of the avalon pacts in 6 or 8.
Playing 1/99 and while I like the power I miss my black knight raiment =\

ZeroAKA

I knew that you couldn't change costumes at 99/1, but I didn't know you couldn't customize your appearance (face) either. Switching back to 90/10 now... :/

Holmes

Wow, this game has long credits. I decided to
sacrifice Magusar
, and the ending was really nice. Glad it wasn't
"... then I became this world's warlord in Magusar's place!"
or something dumb like that.

Have you guys seen this Eurogamer/Digital Foundry article? Digital Foundry vs. Soul Sacrifice

At first I thought this was going to be another interesting analysis of a Vita game, but in the end it just turns out to be a weird mixture of tech analysis and personal review. And just like the EG review, it kind of misrepresents what the game is really about and ignores its biggest qualities. Vita coverage can be so incredibly frustrating...

nampad

Yes, nice games. The Griffin/Phoenix with mauaus was great. Some unlucky wipes, especially the Leviathan one was really surprising.
You guys are corrupting my arm again wirh all those sacrifices :p

Top Bottom